Which sci fi military was the best?

Which sci fi military was the best?

Attached: F7875E82-A3F7-4CDF-9EF5-A49053BE8623.jpg (675x805, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0UtrGKiPPuw
youtu.be/iiNyQD5Yq3E
youtu.be/B4dopv9TrvI
youtube.com/watch?v=uCsdPszJLNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4ZonRWlSy7k
youtube.com/watch?v=pyamRHYQXig
youtube.com/watch?v=zhfVgNKjFKE
mediafire.com/file/62ws3bg0jre7ttq/MalcolmCross-WarDog-MarginalizedPopulations-2more.epub/file
mediafire.com/file/czphmscut89bucm/Dog_Country_-_Malcolm_Cross.epub/file
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Lord Solar.jpg (284x177, 10K)

Attached: john-steakley-armor.jpg (610x324, 49K)

Attached: 1541413259208.jpg (1643x984, 471K)

Technically the IMC isn't a military, just security for the corporation with a massive budget.

So pmc’s

Attached: 26FAB340-AD26-4AAE-B3CD-2F60860CB302.jpg (433x960, 52K)

That's not fair!

Genome army

Attached: 0B1842FE-A49F-4225-8AB5-D69A75E34DD3.png (300x309, 107K)

>tfw ywn be a sociopathic pseudo-catholic waifu clone trooper fighting in underground tunnnel systems

Attached: 515EQnrHSkL._SY346_.jpg (215x346, 21K)

Killzone was nice and it is explained in the lore why helghast and isa are so different.
Helghast is basically superior race especially on helghan.
Also both sides are basically trying to genocide each other, should feel familar to certain people.

Attached: remove isa.jpg (385x550, 66K)

Attached: Starship Troopers Anime Exosuit Motions.webm (640x480, 971K)

>best
Did we read the same book?

Attached: 3D6AF25A-7878-402F-B23E-F95864E62CAF.png (205x390, 78K)

Attached: feet first into hell.webm (720x405, 2.93M)

Attached: 8850474D-7C14-4268-B852-65726BE0B65C.jpg (1238x1920, 528K)

They have a formal rank structure considering their characters. They're literally Ancapball's fucking dream come true.

>SGT Blisk
>VADM Graves
>GEN Marder

Attached: Militia vs IMC.png (1500x1000, 968K)

Ahh, the Spartan MJOLNIR Mark IIs. Classic.

Dead space had some neat stuff but they weren’t really looked further into

Attached: C5E01CF8-02B9-4848-82A8-7B41B0DC8236.jpg (370x600, 60K)

The subterene series by TC Mcartht is Jow Forums as fuck.

An ex cia analyst take on the future of warfare.

Attached: 1545166567947.jpg (750x683, 127K)

Sadly dead space died because of "going main stream".
I would say that it is not weakest candidate for resurrection, but knowing EAs current direction it will not happen in any time soon.

the one on the left is a girl right?

Liked the Ghost birgades in Old man's war

Bigot.

>you will never be a spoopy corpse green beret that partakes in ritualistic knife fights with xeno scum

Attached: 1432266076437.jpg (499x325, 36K)

The Empire

Attached: E8E021BF-3C95-4A91-A34D-87FDF2501CD0.jpg (1242x1700, 251K)

Underrated post

Attached: 343D2983-BC4D-4A74-80E9-ECA5222E61DB.jpg (1024x576, 73K)

Old empire? Didn't they get dunked on by the Republic?

Holy shit, I need to cut a hole in the crotch portion of that suit so I can give her the D while she's wearing it

fucking diamonds

Do I really need to get this game?
I keep seeing people telling about it and mentioning it even though it didn't review or sell that well.

It's fun if you have a group of friends to play with

Attached: 1505960811882.jpg (602x629, 223K)

youtu.be/0UtrGKiPPuw

Star wars republic commando or RS6S?
I know that later is piece of over rated crap.

It handles like absolute trash. To put into terms of quality against other games, you die on the last 3 shots that your screen tells you have landed on you. It is visual pleasing, but by god is it horrendous when you are the one controlling what the character is doing.

Go with star wars, at least that shit has an interest plot.

Great soundtrack too.
youtu.be/iiNyQD5Yq3E
youtu.be/B4dopv9TrvI

da best

Attached: IG.png (250x303, 115K)

>The Virgin Ninja Runner
>The Chad Heavy Boi

Attached: 123413243124.jpg (620x349, 38K)

That’s more of Ubisoft fault.

HUNK from the Resident Evil franchise.

Attached: 31f015e4ab6eb2cf9a1e71f2fa18bcc8.jpg (800x1000, 60K)

>Jelly didn’t downcheck anybody else. Presently he stepped out in front of us, looked us over and shook his head sadly. "What a gang of apes!" he growled. "Maybe if you’d all buy it this drop, they could start over and build the kind of outfit the Lieutenant expected you to be. But probably not — with the sort of recruits we get these days." >He suddenly straightened up, shouted, "I just want to remind you apes that each and every one of you has cost the gov’ment, counting weapons, armor, ammo, instrumentation, and training, everything, including the way you overeat — has cost, on the hoof, better’n half a million. Add in the thirty cents you are actually worth and that runs to quite a sum."
>He glared at us. "So bring it back! We can spare you, but we can’t spare that fancy suit you’re wearing. I don’t want any heroes in this outfit; the Lieutenant wouldn’t like it. You got a job to do, you go down, you do it, you keep your ears open for recall, you show up for retrieval on the bounce and by the numbers. Get me?"

Attached: starship-troopers.jpg (500x767, 146K)

> An M. I. lives by his suit the way a K-9 man lives by and with and on his doggie partner. Powered armor is one-half the reason we call ourselves "mobile infantry" instead of just "infantry." (The other half are the spaceships that drop us and the capsules we drop in.) Our suits give us better eyes, better ears, stronger backs (to carry heavier weapons and more ammo), better legs, more intelligence ("intelligence" in the military meaning; a man in a suit can be just as stupid as anybody else only he had better not be), more firepower, greater endurance, less vulnerability.
>A suit isn’t a space suit — although it can serve as one. It is not primarily armor — although the Knights of the Round Table were not armored as well as we are. It isn’t a tank — but a single M. I. private could take on a squadron of those things and knock them off unassisted if anybody was silly enough to put tanks against M. I. A suit is not a ship but it can fly, a little on the other hand neither spaceships nor atmosphere craft can fight against a man in a suit except by saturation bombing of the area he is in (like burning down a house to get one flea!). Contrariwise we can do many things that no ship — air, submersible, or space — can do.
>There are a dozen different ways of delivering destruction in impersonal wholesale, via ships and missiles of one sort or another, catastrophes so widespread, so unselective, that the war is over because that nation or planet has ceased to exist. What we do is entirely different. We make war as personal as a punch in the nose. We can be selective, applying precisely the required amount of pressure at the specified point at a designated time — we’ve never been told to go down and kill or capture all left-handed redheads in a particular area, but if they tell us to, we can. We will.

Attached: 43154605-6B1A-48B2-9B04-53D1653A76E1.jpg (1024x825, 118K)

That isnt even close to Jow Forums related.
Enjoy your ban

> sci-fi
Not quite. Looks futuristic only.

> 284x177

For the 90's maybe

Love Heinlein. Just wish someone would do more with his idea.

Goddamn will there ever be a marketing campaign as grand as Halo 3/ODST's?
youtube.com/watch?v=uCsdPszJLNQ

You wanna hear the sad story of R6:S?
>starts off as R6: Patriots
>main campaign involves thwarting domestic terrorists inna USA
>terrorists are sympathetic, begin to look more like freedom fighters
>have to decide where your loyalties lie, with Team Rainbow or the terrorists
>coupla dudes decide they want to assassinate Obama IRL
>cite R6:P as their inspiration
>Ubi shits a brick and cancels Patriots
>release Siege a couple years later after the hubbub has died down
>Siege is just Patriots mutliplayer

vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=4ZonRWlSy7k

WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS

I would suck everyone in this threads dick if they ever released a Band of Brothers style ODST TV show. Starting from fighting Innies all they way to the End of the Covenant war

I would stand in line to serve alongside you

HUNK is a military?
NEVEC

Attached: EX_NEVEC_Large.jpg (1903x3000, 746K)

UNSC

Forgot pic because I'm a brainlet

Attached: downloadfile-40.jpg (664x720, 78K)

Attached: 75721f38827aeb58f4403227cfb01500.jpg (600x1050, 64K)

You know you're evil when you make an elite commando squad out of the clones of a scientist you used to invent terraforming and then had murdered.

Attached: 7b87fdbf317de28c2d986fcafe8bc2da.jpg (389x600, 29K)

He is military in the same way Jill succeeded Delta Force training at 19.

The military were retarded in the book, it was Felix and that chad athlete guy that were good

Forgot how based that book was. Damn.

lol, this is the series where a man punches a boulder into submission after all.

Attached: whatareyougay.jpg (715x770, 66K)

absolutely divine

ADVENT's got some good units.

Attached: chris-sulzbach-advtrooper-render.jpg (1920x1243, 382K)

Only in the movies.

Attached: 309Secops_Grunt_AB.jpg (800x1131, 270K)

FOR SUPER EARTH

youtube.com/watch?v=pyamRHYQXig

They take the best parts from the ODST and Mobile Infantry and put it into Friendly Fire Simulator 2015

Attached: helldivers-listing-thumb-01-us-09feb15.png (1600x900, 2.46M)

curious on some fantasy thinking;
it's well known that PMC's usually take in people who already have military or police backgrounds.
But just how well or worst would the average contractor from a PMC with very deep pockets can produce, from average civilian, compared to a national government?

Why does my pee pee tingle when i look at this

Siege is just multiplayer, so unless you have a group of buddies you're going to be playing with, it can and does get frustrating. SW:RC at least has an interesting story and characters to it because its LucasArts before the Disney takeover.

Because you're a heretic.

Attached: 1457365217876.png (219x230, 52K)

>Laces on his boots
Pathetic.

Attached: 60659c824ea4523bf278c636ec1cdb59.jpg (915x1077, 169K)

LEGS.
ARE.
OKAY.

Attached: 82d.jpg (1017x1508, 952K)

why are there no girls in warhammer 40k?

Attached: concern.jpg (480x270, 21K)

>you will never have a feline scout.

youtube.com/watch?v=zhfVgNKjFKE

Attached: Qarlo.jpg (609x612, 62K)

>press X to kiss wife

It looked like shit. I'm glad they cancelled it.

Attached: BO1.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

Too much clutter and noise. When will artists drop the basedboy greeble aesthetic and go for confident and bold eye-catching features instead of this directionless garbage?

from left to right
>BENIS WHYYYYY
>FOR FREEEDOOOMMM
>FUGGG :DDDDD
>NOO, give back plz

You would laugh monster, But let me remind you.

Within that weak sack of meat and bone, uncared for by his god and wept for by none, beats a heart. A human heart, that carries with it the strength and courage of all mankind. Within that sack of meat is ensconced the hope, the will, and the fury of every man woman and child from every corner of the Imperium. Within that weak sack of meat, festooned in thin armour and weapons only powerful in numbers, beats the heart of a man. And for ten thousand years, the hearts of men have beaten, strongly, in defiance of your so called "powers". For ten thousand years, the hearts of men have stood united against a galaxy that despises them for no reason save that they had the audacity not to lay down and die. For then thousand years, your black crusades have been pushed back, beaten down and made a mockery of, by weak sacks of flesh with cheap weapons and disposable equipment.
For that weak sack of flesh that you so gleefully mock is no super soldier, no immortal warrior, no creature cursed by chaos like you. He is a man, an imperial guardsmen drawn from some forgotten corner of the Imperium to fight for his species and for the safety of the people he loves. He is a factory worker, a farmer, a storekeeper, a father, a brother, a son, a mere man. And against creatures like you, teeming and numberless, powered by the very will of thirsting gods......... He holds the line. He has held the line for ten thousand Years.
So whats your excuse, monster?

Attached: warhammer-40k-imperial-guard-19.jpg (1035x900, 131K)

The coolest representation of near-future warfare I've encountered was in a god damn fucking furry novel.

What?

Looked rad.
The multiplayer only shit that replaced it is a fucking waste.

short story collection
>mediafire.com/file/62ws3bg0jre7ttq/MalcolmCross-WarDog-MarginalizedPopulations-2more.epub/file
novel
>mediafire.com/file/czphmscut89bucm/Dog_Country_-_Malcolm_Cross.epub/file

Some bio engineered supah soldier dog people or whatever get emancipated from the government because that shit isn't politically correct any more, so they compete in milsim and start a PMC because they can't function in society

Huh..... do they fukk?

One non-explicit scene to set up an emotional breakdown scene that's pretty sad if you forget it's fantasy creatures and not vets with PTSD.

Huh, sounds pretty good actually.

Already knew that.
There is one good document about R6P

Whats with mag pouches smaller than mag?

There are women in the W40K universe.

If you're asking why there are no girls in the fanbase, that's pretty self-explanatory.

They're hidden away as breeding machines.

Friend, thats the starship troopers anime, threw me for a loop first time i saw it too.

It's true.
For teh emprah!
(commissar raege, best commissar, if you disagree, ur gay)

Attached: Commissar_Raege_by_DeadXCross.jpg (600x848, 132K)

Better than a non-interactive cutscene.

Tf1 was top tier

I'm loving the Nu-UC Gundam. They've fleshed out the setting more and removed the UFO Pewpew Raygun aesthetics of the 70s for a more realistic look.

Attached: Screenshot (60).png (1366x768, 987K)

The smart pistol was top tier in it

That is the most plebian sentence you could have said about it. Kudos