Why aren't revolving shotguns more popular?

You could fit a similar amount of ammo into a smaller space.

Attached: 166b8598d260fe5b508fe27ce2939179.jpg (640x480, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cbKDkOAi6Mo
tandtarms.com/product/canuck-evolve-revolver-shotgun-410/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>mechanically complex
>annoying to reload
>cylinder gap
>spensive

Complexity

Because most people don't want to press their face to the cylinder gap when aiming.

cus break action >>>>

They should use a system similar to the nagant revolver,the gap seals.

What would be the point? A pump or semiauto is higher capacity and has no cylinder gap.

It's not your face that's at risk, it's your hand supporting the foreend.

>heavy trigger pull (on a shotgun, I know, but still)
>even more mechanically complex

You'd probably only get 4 or 5 12ga shells before it gets a fuckhuge cylinder. I'd buy one for novelty, because I'm a faggot.

The reload would be quick as hell tho.

Colt did make a revolving shotgun in the 1800s
youtu.be/cbKDkOAi6Mo

They weren't the only one making them back then.

Google "Six12 bullpup shotgun"

Legislation
Also This

And the fact it brings no real advantage over a tube or box magazine

>>Legislation

Care to be more specific? I've never heard of that before.

not him, I think it has to do with the "street sweepers"

He's probably talking about the unfortunately named street sweeper but idk how accurate he is with it regarding this thread if that's the case. Fucking cobray.

They banned the street sweeper explicitly by name. There is/was no blanket ban of any sort that applied to revolving shotguns in general.

>banned the street sweeper explicitly by name
That's what I thought. At least it lead to the Ladies Home Companion. Tfw no cobray brand NiggerKiller5000

Theres this thing that's been in developer purgatory for years.

Attached: crye_precision_six12.gif (540x303, 850K)

The street sweeper, a revolving shotgun, weighs about 4lbs without the drum.
With the drum, it's about 10lbs.

Think about that and tell me why you think its superior to detachable mags again, OP.

I'm not OP, but I'm not sure what your point is here. Are you trying to suggest that the design of the Street Sweeper should be taken as typical of all revolving shotguns? That seems pretty dumb given that the Street Sweeper is very different from all the other revolving shotguns which have been made in the past.

Choosing the SS as an example is about as dumb as picking the Calico as an example of a semiauto handgun.

Anyone hear anything recent about that? It was conspiculously absent from 2018 SHOT show, though they had them at the show for several years prior.

because we know what the perfect shotgun is but we will never have it

Attached: MonolithArmsP-122-1-660x494.jpg (660x494, 52K)

The point is an integrated revolving design with cylinders and whatnot is obnoxiously heavy vs a saiga 12 with a 20rd drum for example. There is zero advantage of a revolving design vs conventional ones and there have been no successful iterations for a reason.

Honestly I can't wait for the six 12 to come out because it's been sizing up to be a gigantic pile of shit too. Heavy, low capacity, and the trigger has to actuate a fucking gas seal on top of a double action hammer pull so itll likely be about 20 pounds.

I was literally just coming here to make an OP about this after I found this gem while looking at what's on the local markets right now

tandtarms.com/product/canuck-evolve-revolver-shotgun-410/

Attached: Canuck Evolve Shotgun.jpg (2892x986, 1.2M)