So I work at a gun store and my job right now is identifying all of the unmarked used magazines we have...

So I work at a gun store and my job right now is identifying all of the unmarked used magazines we have. I stumbled across pic related in a "used smith and wesson 9mm" bin which it obviously fucking isn't.
A 9mm is too long to fit in it, so I'm thinking it's either a .380 or a makarov. It has no manufacturer markings to speak of other than to mark how many rounds are in it. It has a capacity of 13.
We tried it in a Beretta Cheetah 84, the angle of the mag was off.
We tried it in a CZ 82, but it was slightly too short to fit all the way in.
Nothing else in the store was even close, and nobody who works there was able to identify it other than "maybe it's for an old Beretta". No amount of google-fu has helped either.
I have more pics from most angles aside from taking the mag apart but the thing that stuck out the most to me is the metal nub on this side. It almost looks like someone filed off the mag catch.

Attached: mag1.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

worldweapon.info/fn-browning-bda-380
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just bash it with a hammer and throw it out. If they ask, just say it was already broken.

Fuck I meant to post this in the handgun general not as its own thread I'm retarded
Anyways here's another pic

Attached: mag2.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Taurus Bo-08s

Here's a pic of the back, don't recognize the font they used to mark it.

Attached: mag3.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

This, why are you even wasting time trying to ID a shitty old mag nobody wants. Throw it away

If that was up to me I would have done it a long time ago, management here are pricks. If we don't "look busy" we get the whole nine yards. Trying to ID old mags beats d-leading the countertop for the 11th time in one day. They also refuse to throw out any of this shit.
Pic of the base plate

Attached: mag4.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

THIS
I work at my LGS as well and it sounds like your shop is run by Fucking Morons. Keep in mind there isn't a literacy requirement to apply/get an FFL so that's no surprise there.
A thread died for this.
What a waste of time for you to sit there, take pictures, write out a thread, fit it into different guns etc
Destroy it, lose it, whatever you have to do so you dont waste anymore of you or your company's time.
Jesus. What state are you from just curious?

Illinois, I would also rather do this than walk geriatrics through renewing their FOID cards
(for those of you not in Illinois we have to have a separate ID for owning a gun and the only way to get one is to go through the shitty police website)
Had the in-house gunsmiths take a crack at it earlier today and they have no clue either. Pic of the front of the mag. pics 5-6 were blurry as hell

Attached: mag7.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Honestly just secretly toss it and move on

>Illinois
s-same
[spoiler]what range?[/spoiler]

The gunsmiths kind of made a big deal about it so now the whole store is curious as to what it is. I think I'll just mark it as "early beretta" and call it if it can't be identified

wow fuck me I didn't know spoilers didn't work on Jow Forums

The largest indoor one in the state (I think), near chicago. Management really doesn't like employees posting its name anywhere on the internet and the owner schizophrenically checks things like store reviews and tries to censor them etc.
Most of the old employees moved to a different range because they're underpaid and treated like dogshit and now we just cycle through 18-22 year old employees who get suckered into the allure of working at a gun store until they get fed up and quit after 3 months or get fired for not sucking managment's cock enough.
They're so cheap that they keep the heat at 60 degrees in the fucking winter

>than walk geriatrics through renewing their FOID cards

Finally, someone who hates old people as much as I do.

>T. Post Office Clerk

That sounds a lot like Maxon.

I bet you wear some bitchin shorts though

Bersa .380 plus?

>Post Office Clerk
Fuck you too, sonny-boy. You treat us like shit so that's why I always crack a rat and walk off with your pens.

There aren’t that many double stacked .380s and even few maks.
Google it and start trying them out.

God help you if it’s some strange Spanish or french caliber

>MUH PUBLISHER'S CLEARING HOUSE
>MUH $2500 A WEEK FOR LIFE
>WHERE IS MUH SOCIAL SECURITY CHECK

Nope, blue jeans and a polo shirt.

Maxon is our big competitor. We have triple the ranges and helluva lot more guns but they're higher quality overall. We wear red shirts.
The 380 plus is pretty close but it doesn't have that metal piece in the first pic. I'll try it in one tomorrow and see or compare it to one of those mags.
This is what I'm worried about. None of the double stacked .380s seem to fit the bill

Meant to reply to

>We wear red shirts.
Ah, I know the one.

My local gat merchant has a box box of random used pistol mags for sale.
Whats the protocal here? Do i ask permision to see if they fit in my gums? Do i just whip it out and start jamming them in and see what fits? I dont want to get yelled at or shot.

Holy fuck, I cannot stand workplaces where the bosses go full nazi over looking busy. We both fucking know if there isn't anything to do and all the normal work is done then thats just how it is. Power tripping and creating busy work makes both parties look stupid, glad I'm not a kid anymore with a good job.

Ask permission to check.

Maxon is where I bought my first two funs. 90% of their employees are dicklords.

this as fuck

>Working as Engineering Technician
>Oh man, the design department really gave me a difficult one, this time
>Spend 30 minutes looking at all the drawings, trying to figure out the best way to put the thing together
>One of the owners screenwatching me, comes over to my desk and starts giving me shit because my hands aren't moving
I was fucking livid. Asked him if I was being paid to move my hands or to use my brain and if he had a problem with my work ethic, he can take one of the uneducated pallet movers from the shop and give him my seat anytime.
I wasn't the fastest in the department, but I had the best QC scores of all employees. You should have seen his face.

Looks like a Browning Hi-Power mag.

I think it's an old german p226 magazine

might be a p230 or p250 mag. honestly it's probably a POS promag or other chinkshit. try to bend the feedlips and see if the steel is heat treated at all. or it might go to some spanish/south american shit like a star or a llama

>p230 or p250
user, you're fucking retarded

Newfag much?

Send it to Ian he will do a whole 10 minute video on it.

Tell Jeff I said hi.

It looks similar to a browning bda 380 and if it is send to me

OP here, back from work. Couldn't get someone to take the mag apart, base plate is attached very tightly
Didn't have it in store but it looks promising
Didn't have this either, but the browning looks closer.
Like I said a 9mm is too long. Pic related is it with a 9mm dummy loaded
I tried it in a Beretta 84 and from what I remember the mags are compatible. Didn't fit.

Attached: mag8.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Oh also god knows I'm going to find some garbage in this fucking bin that is unidentifiable

Attached: binofmags.jpg (895x713, 121K)

Browning BDA with a shitty follower

Attached: 778007.jpg (880x660, 24K)

I would have fucking fired you on the spot for insubordination and failure to follow directives.
actually
first I would have sent you home with out pay for about a week while I looked for a replacement then fired you so you would have a weeks less pay. and time wasted not looking for work.....
tldr you don't know how to talk to a boss and deserve nothing.

>Boss interferes in job duties for stupid reason
You're the kind of person who builds up a company of nothing but ass-kissers and then the whole thing goes to shit.
A boss who values their ego more than the company is poison.
Oh, and GJ breaking labor laws in your hypothetical. Losing your profits to lawsuits isn't a good look, either.

actually i just found out that there was a .32acp version made for FN by Beretta
>FN 140 DA worldweapon.info/fn-browning-bda-380
try some .32 in it?

Do the world a favor and never go into politics or law enforcement.

.32 is way smaller than .380/mak

well yeah, but its also a double stacked mag that *should* have fit in a beretta 84. OP said angle was off, so the only thing i can think of is .32's slight taper vs .380 straight wall prevents it from actually seating.
>or OP already hit it with a hammer and forgot

Got any beretta 92 mags for cheap?

It looks EXTREMELY similar to a CZ82 magazine, minus the location of the mag catch.

Look at this piece of shit and laugh

The morning glories at my job go fucking nuts about us 3rd shifters not looking busy. They don't care if you've done three people's jobs all night, if you're not looking busy when they poke their heads in, you're fucked.
The only reason they're not compete asstards is that there really isn't ever an end to the work. If your job is complete, there's always more cleaning that needs to be done. We could stop all production for weeks just to clean up and it would still need more cleaning.

Wow
You remind me of the people I see at work that tell me they want to be the big boss so they can do whatever they want and take off whenever they like.
You have no clue of what it takes to be a leader. Any subordinate you terminate would be better off in the long run.

>Any subordinate you terminate would be better off in the long run.
100%

HighPower .40?

This is why your not the boss

And this is why the best you'll ever be able to do is suck the bosses dick and whine to him about everything other employees do, you sociopathic little cunt.

lol how does it feel spending 12 years at pizza hut and only being assistant manager?

Attached: 1532312657839.png (500x386, 300K)

Point Blank?

Bootlicker

>lecturing a learned professional for thinking about how to do things that require learnedness on the job
are you a project manager?

threads die all the time, boo-hoo
more of a problem in the torrents and music boards

You either just got a top tier MBA or have never held an actual job.

t. top tier MBA who luckily was never this big of a moron.

Living in illinois here and being on the other end of the state sometimes I forget about the north end of the state, and when someone says "illinois" in conjunction with guns it conjures images of geese flying over a field and a guy holding a shotgun.
Im noguns because of the Foid card, mainly because of mailing issues but also I dont have a neetbux check.
Anyways because of how the hunting laws are in Illinois its virtually useless to own anything in 5.56mm or 7.62mm. I think you can get buy with using a 10mm to hunt deer because it meets the .40 caliber requirement. Otherwise your other two options are pretty much Shotguns and .22LR.

Im surprised they havent regulated 5.56 and 7.62 into oblivion in Illinois since there isnt a demand for it.

Attached: exit sign.jpg (480x480, 20K)

you're a fucking faggot, dude.

8mm nambu?

ar-10's are popular

I can see people using varmint rounds for literal varmint hunting because there sure are plenty of coyotes and raccoons in rural. Though you'd basically have to own land here to do that and most of the farmland is owned by corporations. And if you own land and you're not farming with it I guess you could still have a reason to go after varmints but usually people dont give a shit until they eat their dog or such. Varmints are so ubiquitous in illinois that if you own cats you can pretty much write them off if you dont live in town and they get outside.
> by the way the shotgun hunting season for deer is something pathetic like 2 days long, bowhunting season is about 2 months but there you go, thats why there's so many people hitting deer in Illinois.

Beretta 84

I've killed like 6 deer with a .308.
I prefer .270 or 30-06 now, but usually use 12 gauge slugs/sabots

then you processed them yourself because those are illegal gets in illinois. By regs all guns used for hunting deer have to be at least .40cal bore if not a Shotgun/Muzzleloader.
> mfw hunting deer with your car is technically legal, if costly

This is gat ain it? Fuck that place.

This is how you get your business destroyed, assuming you actually are a boss of anything. Then you come home to a broken family, assuming you managed to have one or still do. Then you end up in the undersirable part of town because shitty life choices and piss off enough people because shitty life choices and either kys or die alone.

This basically.
As a business owner one should be looking for ways of retaining employees for 20 or more years while making sure at the same time that they dont get complacent.
> you want someone who's part of the team, not just a worker but a friend to chat with around the watercooler and have steaks with around the grill occasionally
Because thats what keeps the bread flowing, and you dont lose productivity due to downtime required for hiring new people - or getting literal fags who will fuck up your output and not give a shit when they're fired and you end up with costly recalls or lawsuits. Because just a few fuckups like those can actually destroy your business and put your office space up for rent.

Professional employees should be treasured, and sorely missed and nigh irreplaceable when after a decade or two they die, or have to leave because their wife left them, or got a better offer and consigned themselves to the doom of san francisco.

Centuries of wisdom are not simply undone by 20 years of modernity.

Attached: combat.png (1500x844, 1.01M)

>I would have fucking fired you on the spot for insubordination and failure to follow directives.
You would have been fired by upper management for firing highest QC score user.

Wanna know how I know you've always been an easily replaceable employee in a low skill field?