Uh

Uh...

Mission accomplished?

Attached: Screenshot_20181219-144316.png (2048x1456, 1.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/i/status/1075371611572920326
bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43648968
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 14860547812430.jpg (1280x720, 308K)

What the fuck is the point of leaving now, the job isn't finished and all it does is leave a void which Russia will fill.

oy vey

Well, Daesh is pretty much finished, it's not like there's much else to do now
Then let them

We havnt trained the rebels well enough. Theyll be over run by Assad and Russia with no support.

>pretty much finished

That's the key thing. They're pulling out without finishing the job properly. If you're going to do that why go in in the first place?

>flooded the civilized world with animals
>destabilized the ME further for our best ally
Yup, mission accomplished

GREATER ISRAEL PLAN DENIED KEK

twitter.com/i/status/1075371611572920326

Attached: C4OwEKDWQAAjjyS.jpg (500x500, 25K)

(((moderate rebels)))

Daesh uses American made firearms and clothes supplied by American government.

>Daesh is pretty much finished
They're not. It's pretty clear ISIS is going to come back.

It's a completely fuckwitted move that makes the US look weak and stupid, and let's Iran and Russia win.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43648968

Trump's lack of geopolitical understanding is genuinely dangerous.

>twitter.com/i/status/1075371611572920326
THREAD BELONGS IN Jow Forums CHAIM

I mean the "mission" is sort of accomplished if the intent was to destroy the ISIS state within Syria, which they did once that last pocket is collapsed, anything else is just neocon posturing against Iran and Assad

If you're exterminating wasps you don't get rid of most of them. That means they'll end up coming back.

Same for isis

AHAHAHA your government founded ISIS you moron. Poor goat fuckers could never afford modern small arms without backing

Never should've been there in the first place, fuck interventionism.

Sunni extremism will always have a foothold in Syria with or without American support, I get your point and I don't agree withdrawing at this precise moment is a wise choice, but we certainly shouldn't be there any longer than we need to be.

ISIS as a state is shattered and no longer an entity. However, a rapid withdrawal will create a free for all in that huge expanse of territory basically giving Turkey free reign to destabilize everything we've painstakingly taken back from ISIS over the past few years, something that will no doubt ferment sectarian issues and creating blowback in the region.

I think this choice has more to do with Trump's discussion with Erdogan a few days ago than any actual on the ground information he has received.

ISIS soliders get paid a lot to fight. As long as America keeps pumping money to them they will continue to do so.

Fuck off with your Kremlin lies.

Attached: 15252904161872.jpg (1080x842, 180K)

This.
The conflict ends when we stop issuing arms and support.
We leave the conflict can end in under a year and the US can take its first step back into isolationist policies.

US isn't training the rebels, they're training the SDF/Kurds. There hasn't been any conflict between the SDF and the SAA for most of the war, plus Asaad is considering leaving the north to be an autonomous region. Once the US pulls out all the SAA are going to do is wipe out the Idlib rebels and what's left of Daesh.

I fully support the decision to withdraw from Syria. SDF was going to side with the Syrian government afterward anyway. Let them fight it out with Turkey.

Regardless this is what i love about the Syria conflict. Always a plot twist even if you think you know what's going on.

Fuck off with your fake bullshit.
Isis is us backed and created.
Just like the Mujahideen and taliban were in the 70's.

I'm genuinely surprised that wax looking weirdo on the right hasn't driven over a landmine yet, I'm assuming he'll get liquidated before the civil war ends but it's still funny to me how he is parading around in Russian camo like some kind of military genius kek

Isolationism is impossible in today's globalized world. Like it or not, it's the US's job to get involved in anything and everything.

It's called LEADERSHIP. Something Russians like you can never understand.

Never mind Turkey, it's Russia that's the danger in this case. Given space they'll steamroll all of the rebels and use the opportunity to build new bases in Syria. Turkey won't make a fuss because they're the least reliable NATO member.

This should be a wider NATO issue, but nobody seems to want to accept that.

what was "the job"?
>...and why is this thread on Jow Forums

>Turkey won't make a fuss

You realize they've been threatening a full scale invasion of northern Syria the past few days? It isn't surprising Trump made this announcement shortly after discussions in relation to their upcoming operation. Turkey are the aggressors who desperately want to prevent a Kurdish autonomous region popping up along their southern border and are willing to destabilize that entire region just to prevent it.

Jesus fucking Christ, when will you amerimutts leave everyone alone, pretty much everywhere you've invaded is fucked up today, except for Vietnam, which is because you fuckin lost.

Attached: BonAp.jpg (640x1136, 124K)

do some sort of no fly zone for the kurds.
pull out. let the syrians focus on its internal stuff then let iran , syria , and russia deal with israel.

Countries we fuck up are economically successful than your allies dimitri

Shoo shoo, Kremlin bot!

Turkey would go absolutely ape shit if we enforced a no fly zone, kek, would pay to watch that

I'm saying Turkey won't make a fuss about Russia taking control of large parts of Syria.

>calls me russian
Is there anything else you wanna call me you cunt?
I'm as American as it gets, some of us actually decide to think for ourselves.
We need to stop being World Policeā„¢ and get back to limited and measured interactions.
Fix our infrastructure and economy before we try installing another government in a turbid region of the world.
I despise those who refuse to use logic, or worse yet, those who intentionally misinform others.

Attached: received_689735024729680.jpg (1379x2560, 400K)

turkey is pretty alpha even though they fucked up their f16 force with the post coup purges
>fuck up russia
>fuck up gulenists
>fuck up caniks.

>hipoint on a domino's box
A look into the life of a average American vatnik poster.

Pathetic.

Shouldn't you be making memes on Facebook, Ivan?

>we should stop being world police
I love brainlet posters like you. Pray tell, who will fill the void?

Russia already "controls" large parts of Syria, I'm not sure what the problem is? They're a strategic ally to the Syrian state and would provide a much more stabilizing presence to that region than Turkey would. They'd basically assume the role we are currently playing in Northeastern Syria, but instead of stonewalling the Assad regime they'd be more much likely to push for reconciliation between the Kurdish administration regions and the Syrian state, something I personally think is much more realistic in the long term of things.

Allowing Turkey to run 50km into Syria and annex even more land will not only prolong the civil war, but destabilize a region that was taken back after years of fighting from Sunni extremists, only to be given right back to those same "rebels" who are now magically called the "Free Syrian National Army" equipped and trained by Turks.

If Trump say it is, it must be true.

Anyway, it makes sense - wouldn't want American soldiers to stand in the way when the Turks roll in the artillery.

turks arent good at artillery or armor. their main strength was their f16 force now crippled by post coup purges.

Post your gun you faggot.
Because all you can do is call others Russian, avoiding any sort of rhetoric.
Plebian begone.

Attached: 1201181704a.jpg (2560x1280, 1.68M)

Training does not make much difference when it is rifles against CAS and hand grenades against long range artillery. It's not as if the Turks plan on direct combat when they don't need to, and there has certainly not been any heavy arms supplies. Trump know how to keep Erdogan happy.

Didn't ISIS happen last time the US pulled out too early?

Tell ya what kiddo, timestamp your hipoint and I will.

Simple. Trump wants the troops home by Christmas. Now there's an old tradition.

The US is a strategic ally to the kurds, therein lies the problem.

Fun fact, you can learn truth from how many people immediately dismiss you with the same old tired ad-hominem. It's because you are close enough to cause worry.

Lmao not really, we've bailed on the Kurds multiple times now in history, they're allies of necessity, but they are anything BUT strategic, otherwise we wouldn't be leaving this fast and would have openly supported a Kurdish state by now, which we haven't. The government values their relationship with Turkey more than the Kurds end of the day, and it is not surprising we've once again sold out the Kurds in favor of Erdogan.

Thank fuck if that happens. What the shit were we ever doing there in the first place?

Attached: 1486089965272.gif (342x342, 393K)

Not necessary. ISIS got all the funds they needed by driving their oil tanker trucks to Turkey,

>if lots of people call me retarded it's not because I'm wrong, it's because in right!
Yeah, that short bus you rode to school was a real intellectual powerhouse!

Attached: 1506599832002.jpg (960x636, 58K)

This kek, I'm genuinely curious how much money ISIS made trafficking oil to Turkey during the mid 2010s, they basically controlled the majority of Syria's natural gas and oil deposits along with huge reserves in Iraq at one point

>Talk shit
>People say you're talking shit
>"The fact people are saying I'm talking shit means I'm telling the truth"

Uh huh

We are a strategic allies TO THE KURDS buddy, try and keep up.

Yes but let the Syrians deal with it. If IS makes a comeback than it's on the Ruskies and Turkey for that matter.

It was almost unbelievably risky to support the YPG in the long term and they already are Syrian government allies.

Alot for an organization, but nowhere near enough for a state. US airstrike put them out.

>no u
Salty that your country doesnt have 11 CSGs? Dont worry vatnik not everyone can have the good toys ;)

Yeah, i dont think ive ever seen them use Ak's or FAGOTS

To end terrorism, and any possible resurgencies.

You forget Russia already had bases in Syria when this started. Since when do they have the ground forces to keep inland bases going in Turkey?

Now eat shit and die.

Attached: 1219181025.jpg (1440x1440, 775K)

>You forget Russia already had bases in Syria when this started.

No I didn't?

Nah, the Syrians will steamroll the kurds and keep suppressing the sunnies creating the same environment that led to the Civil War.

US needs to keep assets in the region to stop it from spiraling out of control.

WHAT?! No! No goyim! Oy gevalt! The fight against terrorism is not over yet!

Get back there and di-i mean fight for freedom!

Attached: 1386708321206.jpg (187x204, 17K)

Okay Ivan, let's say I take you at face value.

If the US isn't world police, who should be? Geopolitics is about influence, and if the US isn't doing it, Russia and China will.

Okay, and? We're still going to fuck over the Kurds just like we have in the past, the government still maintains it's relationship with Turkey being more important than one with a potential Kurdish entity.

Lel, mad vatty is mad. OK, I am a man of my word.

Jew or morman, pick your poison.

US relations with turkey has cooled significantly. It's not pre 2000s anymore.

US realistically is not going anywhere.

If you think the Syrian state and the Kurds will fight a war rather than teaming up against a Turkish land grab you're sorely misinformed about current events in Syria m8. The SDF will work with Assad before capulating to a Turkish invasion from the north.

Let the Chinese have a go. It'll be funny watching them liquidate parts of the Middle East and Africa at the very least.

That guns so niggery even if you were white I'd still call you a nigger

Turks will saber rattle but they won't invade if the US is there, and neither will assad.

What turkey WILL do is watch and laugh as assad steamrolls the kurds, which will happen.

We do have assets in Iraq. I am all for pulling out of Syria and watching the show from across the border. Make sure to nuke some popcorn, 2019 is going to be great.

What? Turkey literally has thousands of armored heavy artillery units. Much of it is bought from USA. Their prime piece is the T-155, which is what they have been rolling to the border for the last half year by the hundreds.

>US realistically is not going anywhere.

I take it you haven't looked at the news today or Trump's repeated concessions to Erdogan? Big surprise Trump bowed down to Erdogan just days after discussing the upcoming Turkish operation into Northern Syria, he is a cuckold who can't into geopolitics and just gave up a stacked deck to a guy who will only prolong the Syrian civil war.

No one should be.
Nations warring has always happened and the more we attempt to control things the more people will rebel.
Once the sun never set on the British empire and now they exist as a shell of their former self, with a former colony owning military bases on England's soil.
I want to prevent us from ever getting to the point where we fail to control our own nation due to international overreach.

It will be about 10 years before the next uprising. And nah, why give ground you know you will have to fight for soon. Just sit and wait.

When it happens again the US can roll for regime change and see how it plays.

>Turks will saber rattle but they won't invade if the US is there, and neither will assad.
>what is Afrin

They're literally gearing up for a 50km invasion into Syria and have already destroyed one Kurdish canton in Syria, do you not know about this or something? Once US troops leave, and it is looking like they will as per Trump's statements, Turkey will rampage through northern Syria forcing the Kurds to work with the Syrian state to prevent the complete loss of Northeastern Syria to a foreign state.

they cant employ them well friend. face facts. lots of turk tanks fucked up.

>Trumps word being worth anything.
Really? If it was we are best friends with China. Assad is totally destoryed after chemical attacks, and the world is great.

You mean tactical. The US never intended the kurds to be anything but a temporary tools. If they had, they'd been given them heavier weapons than LMGs and mortarts. Compare that to the vehicle park they supplied the Iraqi govt with - tanks, trucks, arty, supply gear, medical gear. Or what they keep giving to the Afghans. Now there's strategical relations.

Trump has wanted to leave Syria since before he even got elected, now that the ISIS state is gone why else would he want to stay in Syria? We know now Trump is illiterate when it comes to geopolitics and foreign policy, and while you're right about his word being essentially worthless, that doesn't mean he won't leave Syria out of ignorance to the situation on the ground or the long term implications of giving up that much clay. If it means making Erdogan happy, he'll do it.

TO
THE
KURDS

Trump said he was there to defeat ISIS and he did. The Kurds will be left to Turkey to be slaughtered if Israel wants a US proxy state on its border it can invade Syria and do it themselves.

Yes he did, then he launched about 300 or so tomahawks into Syria and brought in a marine battalion along with building 3 more bases and assumably more secret squirrels.

He won't leave Syria because all it takes is mattis to tell him "If you leave, you lose".

Trump only cares about money and is not about to show his ass to Russia over the entire middle east.

>He won't leave Syria because all it takes is mattis to tell him "If you leave, you lose".

You may be right, but I still think he is going to leave based on Turkey's demands in relation to Northern Syria. A Turkish invasion would be disastrous to the Kurdish allies we've built up and helped take back clay from ISIS over the years and would shatter and fighting force we've managed to establish over there. It would also bring US soldiers into harms way as Turkey has made it very clear it is a matter of national security to them and are likely willing to sling bombs are way if it means killing Kurds. Besides, Erdogan probably knows how to stroke Trump's ego and talked him into some kind of deal that Trump perceives is "good" for him and the US.

No one cares McCain, go back to being dead.

Yet I still own a firearm and you do not.
It might be hard for you to understand but I don't care what others think. of me.
I only care that they are informed and that the informed are armed.

There is no money in Syria so I'm not sure what you mean, it is more to do with Israel's demands in relation to Iran being active in Syria than anything monetary. Sure, we could stay in Syria under the guise of "preventing ISIS" from coming back, but end of the day it is just to cockblock Assad and Russia all while keeping a very close eye on Iranian backed militias right next to Israel. The whole thing is pretty complicated from a geopolitical standpoint once you throw in the Kurds and Turkey.

I could not disagree more. Trump gives lip service, but his geopolitical ACTIONS, not words, actions, has been very very simple.

He won't be perceived as losing, and he won't be a, for lack of a better term, bitch. Hence the trade war, hence the Syrian strikes.