Anyone else just like their M1 Garands out of their collection of guns? I have a small paltry amount of guns...

Anyone else just like their M1 Garands out of their collection of guns? I have a small paltry amount of guns, but there's just something about this girl that makes her special, even if she's outclassed by a lot of other guns.

Attached: boyds.jpg (616x2408, 658K)

I have a couple of M1s. I think the reason you like it so much is because the M1 is an old obsolete battle rifle that is full of history, like an old Mauser or Enfield. But at the same time it can still hold it's own with modern firearms.

For example I take my M1s to multigun matches every so often to compete with ARs and AKs. I never win, don't get me wrong, but I usually finish middle of the pack.

>their m1 garands
Stop reminding me I don't have one

I have all of the paperwork filled out for a service grade CMP Garand but I’m on the fence about spending $750 and would have to convince my wife who is already annoyed at me for buying a bunch of guns recently. What do you love about the Garand? Is there any reason why I shouldn’t order one now??

Anyone have a fulton armory garand and is it worth the 2100$. If people use them in competition they must be able to hold up well.

I liked mine. Sold it to buy an old M1A, though. That's an easier gun to live with in the long run.

They will never diminish in value. Tell her it's an investment.

>I have to convince my wife

Make sure to ask her boyfriend too while you’re at it bud

Are you married? If you were you would realize how fucking miserable a passive aggressive pissed off wife can make your life. There are times when you have to make a decision unilaterally and there are times when it isn’t worth the bullshit. Getting another gun just for shits isn’t worth the bullshit.

Checked.

People use them but they're not competitive. Service Rifle is dominated by ARs.

She's just going to get pissed off at some other stupid shit, you might as well know the reason. Order one now!

I love my m1 too, user.
Heck, now that I have the tooling to rebarrel and rechamber in .308 I can make other people love their future Garands.
I can't go overboard because I'm not a licensed arms dealer (that's something in Canada) but I can build out of a kit for anyone who's itchy for some Ping! action.

Don’t ask don’t tell.

Her knowing what guns you have will just bite you in the ass later if you split.
The only guns my wife knows for sure about are the ones she’s bought me and vis versa.
I already made a deal with a friend for him to store my stuff if it looks bad.

He divorced his first shrew of a wife and she tried to take everything.
Fortunately his dad cleaned out all of the family heirloom guns while they were both at work.

I love my Winchester. But the cost feeding it keeps me from shooting it more.

Haha good points. My wife only knows about a few of my guns. The issue with a CMP Garand is that they ship to your door. Kind of hard to explain a giant box showing up in my name!

How poor are you? I have a rifle that you can't even get ammo for under $5 a round.

>Married with children.
Plus I hunt and fish so the M1 loses out to my other hobbies.

I dislike the Garand. I don't care to ever have one.

Got my CMP Garand yesterday. Wish I kept the Greek surplus one I bought from my cousin 7 or 8 years ago (better condition) but it is what it is. Got some ammo arriving today so I'm looking forward to hitting the range this weekend. Everything on my gun is H&R except the bolt (Springfield).

Attached: H&R Garand.jpg (3972x1305, 2.88M)

Anyone have an IH they’re willing to part with?

Attached: 25B87041-C90F-4B9C-BB0C-9FB2FD9EA376.jpg (284x380, 63K)

Field or service grade?

Service grade, as it says on the blue tag.

I love my M1
in fact if I could fuck it I would

sadly I cannot

You're just not trying hard enough.

Having such a shitty marriage you're afraid of your wife.
Keep thinking you're not a cuck