Unfired bullet in chamber

Hey I bought my first PSA AR and loaded a round into the chamber but the bolt didn't seat all the way and it still won't. Not sure what to do this is kind of scaring me. What do I do k?

Attached: 20181219_080024.jpg (4032x3024, 3.03M)

Pull the bullet out, reload it in your magazine, and try it again.

Why not close the bolt then use the charging handle to extract?

If that doesn't work you can use a paper clip to fish it out on the rim of the cartridge

Double check to make sure youre using the right caliber. Wouldnt be the first time one of you retards did that.

take down upper, put cleaning rod through the muzzle to push it out from the other end

Attached: 1544934999015.jpg (680x897, 117K)

Op here I got it thank guys. Tried it again and the bolt won't seat all the way it gets stuck. Do I really have to rack that bitch or what?

Attached: 15452359092612606628768152523543.jpg (4032x3024, 2.53M)

>Double check to make sure youre using the right caliber. Wouldnt be the first time one of you retards did that.
This I once accidentally bought a box of .222 Remington at Cabelas when I was shopping for .223/5.56. Fortunately I caught my mistake before I loaded any in a magazine, but things like that can happen.

I ended up giving the .222 to somebody I knew who had a Thompson Contender Contender chambered in it in exchange for a six pack of Cherry Coke Zero though, so it all worked out.

Attached: theyoungpope.jpg (1916x1077, 65K)

Pull the charging handle back and let it fly, if you assist it then you may not go all the way into battery. If this happens just push your FA.

I have the correct caliber it 5.56x45/.223 on the box and that's what the upper is. I'll do that at the range I don't feel very safe with no dummy rounds.

Let it go and lube it up.
Had the same worries and issue but it's a tool meant to be manhandled.

Remove bolt.
Take ram rod.
Push boolit out from the front.
Replace extractor.

this
if you dont feel comfortable doing this, hold the bolt back and use a rod and gently tap the round out from the front. stuff a rag or something in the ejection port to make sure the bolt doesnt slam closed while your tapping the front

Make sure the gas tube is straight. I had a similar issue one time and people told me it was likely a bent or misalligned gas tube. I thought "no way" but it turned out they were right.

how is there a bullet lodged in the chamber if it didn't fire?

STOP
RIDING
THE
CHARGING
HANDLE

I see this shit so often. The spring needs to send the bcg forward with enough force. You need to pull the charging handle Alleyne the way back, then release. Dumb ass.

>PSA
Lmao. Don't ride the charging handle when cycling the rifle. Pull all the way back, then let go. You need the mass of the carrier to drive that round into the chamber and fully lock the bolt lugs.

this, all the way back and let go, let the spring do its full force thing

Phoneposter go home.

>This I once accidentally bought a box of .222 Remington at Cabelas when I was shopping for .223/5.56. Fortunately I caught my mistake before I loaded any in a magazine, but things like that can happen.
How did you not notice the price difference?

You shouldn't assistant it at all, even with the FA.

This is what you get for buying Poverty State Armory.

Should have sprung for Aero at least.

mine was sticking a bit when I first got it. it just needed to be broken in. fire a few boxes of ammo and keep the gas rings well oiled. also let the bolt slam closed

Op here Thanks fellas I've always been an AK guy, I'll let the bolt fly when I go to the range in a day or two. As for the other who posted. It's a brand new gun with plenty of lube it just doesn't chamber the round, from what I know now mostly because I'm a pussy because I'm not comfortable with the platform yet most likely.

I bought three or four boxes of PPU .223 and didn't notice that one of them was from the pile of .222 sitting next to it. The price difference of one box kinda got lost in the shuffle.

Solid trade friendo.

if i were you, i would stick something in the gun, just to remind you that theres a live round in it. chamber flag, rag, whatever. better safe than sorry

1st mistake. PSA.
2nd. As everyone else has said. Slam dat bitch. Anyone uncomfortable doing so might want to rethink ARs.
Airsoft maybe?

Do you niggers not read the thread I got it out already. It's not getting the bullet out that's the problem now it's the bolt won't seat when I try chambering a round

You can always stick a brass rod down the barrell and push it out into the upper just that the BC out

I swear to Christ. Not only do you have no idea what he's describing, what you're suggesting would be impossible.

>I'll let the bolt fly when I go to the range in a day or two.

If you're that nervous, maybe you need to get a clearing bucket.

Try using the bolt release for a sharper close. Pull the bolt back via the charging handle then manipulate the bolt catch to engage it. Then hit the release side of the catch to let the bolt fly forward. That should fully seat the round.

I have done a bunch of PSA builds. The midrange ones ( their typical 400 ish dollar mlok kit types) never had any problems but I did get this behavior from an incredibly cheap Frankengun I built with a 189 dollar upper. This especially happened with a full mag. It would fail to fully seat sometimes, especially it the bolt catch wasn't used. I tapped it home with the forward assist and after ensuring lock up would fire. Typically this kind of failure would only happen on a fullish mag, and generally resolved once shooting started. It took a few hundred rounds worth of break in and it has been fine ever since.

I would have been disappointed if this were a more expensive kit. But for a pistol that literally cost 300 total I can live with a few hundred round break in.

What kit was this OP?

Well one of two things is happening, you are riding the slide. Meaning you are not letting the slide slam foreword, but holding your finger on it the whole way back. Alternatively you need a more skilled gunsmith than me to fix something , look up a video on how to carefully take apart the the thing, if its even possible or advisable, and see if something if obviously broken, or take it to someone who does know what they are doing, and pay them to fix it properly.

>push stuck cartridge in the opposite direction of the direction where it became stuck in the first place
>what you're suggesting is impossible

>AR15
>riding the slide

If the bolt won't seat, the upper won't come off the lower.

10.5in mlok blemish (didn't really have any anyways). And pistol lower with SBA3 brace. Heard good things about them but yeah I think I just need to break it in

Then just lock the fucking bolt back and tap the round out.

No shit. Wat to miss the point.

Now you just sound like you were being a smartass

Fuck off tripfag
Psa is alright and works. It's nothing more, nothing less.

So just to clarify you can't pull the bolt out of the upper receiver, and it also will not lockup the action.

Op, can you take the bolt out all the way and take a picture?

Could be:
1) lube your shit better
2) shitty ammo (had some demand that were about as reliable)
3) you're riding the charging handle home

Mine was also a 10.5. A car style with fixed front. I cant remember if it was blem but it was on firesale for 189 bucks.