Name a use for them that would justify a purchase, Jow Forums

Name a use for them that would justify a purchase, Jow Forums.

Or is it purely a fun gun?

Attached: TAC-14-and-Mossberg-shockwave-on-concrete-.jpg (678x381, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fM_sqSTg2v8
andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=z7shQkL8FO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Breaching?

Muh truck gun

Purely fun.

To put a brace on it and have what's essentially an SBS without the bullshit, duh.

This and defending your dumpster from autismos.

Attached: 1540662506883.png (225x225, 8K)

Don't need rectal exam/tax stamp for that?
If not, why not?

CCW.

Attached: moredakka.jpg (225x434, 24K)

Get it.,train with it, and then you'll know.

I've seen a lot of videos where people say it's a shot gimmick and a few where people say it's a practical firearm. The latter put a lot of rounds through it.

I have a bird's head on my 18.5 inch. I like it. It's like using a the grip on a Magpul stock, but just the grip.

Team Fortress 2 Cosplay

clint likes it

youtu.be/fM_sqSTg2v8

Purely fun in that state.

Although I do think they are a not a bad start to a simple and cheap SBS set up. I doubt you could do it cheaper buying a short barrel for a longer shotgun, unless that shotgun already had the right stock AND you were able to get a buyer for the long barrel. Or your equipt to shorten a barrel yourself.

Legal in NY

Where get???

Attached: epic (1).jpg (800x450, 24K)

Dragon Breath dispenser.

Dumpster defending.

Oh goody, time for our three-times-a-week "IS the Shockwave practical?" thread.

So here's the stock (no pun intended) answer: it's perfectly practical as a short-distance home defense gun, as long as you're willing to put in the practice time at the range necessary to git gud with it. There are people who will tell you it's impossible to aim or control, but those are people who think that choice of gear is an acceptable substitute for putting in range time with your home defense gun (protip: it isn't). That said, it's by no means a gun for beginners, especially beginners to shotguns, so practice really is key. You might want to consider getting the 20 gauge version, which has about half the recoil, making it much easier to control. But if you like it, go ahead and get it.

Attached: shortbwoy.jpg (3024x4032, 2M)

You don't because it was not manufactured with a stock. If it ever in its life had a stock, it would be considered a SBS.

>The gun™

andrewsleather.com/traditional.htm
It's their firepower rig. Just make sure your jacket's long enough to cover it.

Attached: juan_a.jpg (178x411, 14K)

If it's so useless in that configuration, why did the Mafia have such a hardon for the Lupara?

Attached: i13.photobucket.com_albums_a263_Forindooruseonly_Ithaca1_1_zps8d6a4b8b.jpg (800x532, 145K)

Because you could get beater sxs shotguns in a barrel at Sears for a nickel.

>why did the Mafia have such a hardon for the Lupara?
Because they were cheap, disposable, and simple enough that any jamook could use them effectively.

So why did the US Marshals like them?

Attached: us-marshals-shotgun-witness-protection-870.jpg (684x384, 66K)

Because it’s not useless.
>muh cant aim it!!1!11!
Learn to point shoot. If you can’t hit a target within 10 yards without aiming, you suck.

shooting niggers

home defense

I spend a decent amount of time in sketchy hotels for work. fits in my bag really nice and better than any pistol.

Because it's a shotgun
>muh super short blow people through doors
This was and still is the mentality around shotguns.

Protection against invading mattresses

Attached: 1537934225085.gif (287x416, 3.6M)

Home defense
Whip it out at the range and shoot it, 9 times out of 10 other bros want to check it out, swap a magazine out of their neat gun for a few bucks out the shockwave. Seriously, I've shot a shitload of guns, tempting people with that cockwave.

You don't have to justify any purchase you make, thats what its like to live somewhere free and have money.
I'd personally rather use my Benelli M4 with a collapsible stock than any rifle I own if it came down to blasting around my house.

Makes a good bird gun, it's light as hell and the patterning isn't nearly as bad as people would have you believe. 20 yard shots on squirrel sized targets are an absolute breeze with this thing, and if you've got the stones for it, they're surprisingly accurate slug guns

Agreed 100%.

I fucking hate it when people compare the memewave to proper AOWs like the Wilson the US Marshalls used, because it overlooks a very important point:

Real AOW shotguns are short enough to conceal easily. The memewave, with it's silly grip, is not.

I'm not knocking the memwave. I own one, and is entirely correct. But that said, it is simply not accurate to compare it to a proper AOW shotgun.

A normal "Sawnoff" like a Lupara is small enough to easily conceal.

Pretty much said everything I came here to say.

Have a picture of my S T U B B I B O I I

Attached: 20181212_201816.jpg (4032x1960, 3.28M)

Who the fuck intends to conceal a Shockwave?

Nobody. That's the point.

The other user asked if memewaves suck, why did the Marshall's service carry Wilson AOWs or why did the Mafia make luparas. The answer is that they are concealable, that's why those groups used those weapons.

That argument does not apply to the memewave because it is not concealable.

Attached: 7E496B89-9A3E-4606-860D-8AEA01C8FB38.png (808x1300, 383K)

Concealing them changes their legal status
It's like the 5th post down, pops

What is the difference between the shockwave/tac14 and the Wilson? They're identical you dumbfuck

Fuck me that's aesthetic. Have a qt on the house.

Attached: kayfu.jpg (640x960, 133K)

I just took mine on an 8 state road trip.

And didn't have to ask Daddy for permission to do it.

Overall length.

Doesn't bother me. I don't travel out of state, unless it's flying abroad.

god im so hard

The Wilson 870WPs are literally 1.3" shorter than a Shockwave dude.

Attached: Screenshot_20181216-094404_Firefox Focus.jpg (1440x2960, 748K)

Literally anything you'd use a shotgun for but want a smaller/lighter package. Only skilless e-celebs can't use the thing fine within buckshot ranges.
youtube.com/watch?v=z7shQkL8FO4

Yes, that's the point.

By how many inches? 2? Also the witpro 870's came in several lengths. Confirmed for dumbfuck

Attached: Screenshot_20181219-174657_Chrome.jpg (1080x1920, 614K)

>Concealing them changes their legal status
Sauce? Going off my limited experience with AOW laws stuff like that only applies if the gun can be fired while concealed like briefcase SMGs, pen guns, or wallet holsters.

Short shotguns are just fucking fun bro

Attached: sitting.jpg (2419x1814, 801K)

The only thing that stops a person from concealing a shockwave is that concealing it negates its status as a "Firearm" and in fact makes it an AOW from a legal standpoint.

From a practical standpoint there's literally no reason you can't have a 26.3" firearm under a trenchcoat or poncho but a 25" firearm magically works.

Yes, they came in several lengths. Originally they were 14.5", then 12". The grip is also shorter than the shockwave, and some had pistol grips which were much shorter. The original Ithaca stakeout (not the current "Stakeout II") all had pistol grips. Remington LM had a barrel about 11 inches and a pistol grip (pic related)

Attached: 870lmbreechd.jpg (575x297, 43K)

>sauce?
Not him but read this info published by Mossberg.

Hey thanks. Making furniture out of old 500 stock sets off ebay are WAY cheaper than shelling out $200 to Black Aces or paying however much extra Mossman wants for the new model with that shitty-looking wood.

It's ergonomically identical to the Raptor grip, too, which is nice.

Attached: Screenshot_20181120-233147_Dropbox.jpg (1440x2960, 1.13M)

Fuck me meant to quote

>>The only thing that stops a person from concealing a shockwave is that concealing it negates its status as a "Firearm" and in fact makes it an AOW from a legal standpoint.
I don't disagree. But follow the thread: someone asked why mafiosos used luparas and why the feds used Wilsons. I'm simply answering that question, nothing more. They used them for concealability. Done. Question answered.

>but a 25" firearm magically works.
It doesn't "magically work", it's just *better*. Keep in mind that the 24.5" Wilson is the longest of the examples we're comparing it to. The others mentioned in , as well as most classic sawn-offs (luparas), are shorter still.

Breaching is the correct answer class.

Everyone else is retarded.

You base your superiority in this conversation based on the technicality that 25" is merely better at being concealed but your initial premise is that the 26.5" shockwave is magically utter shite at being concealed. Which, completely hypothetically of course, it is not unless you're smaller than 5'8"

Breaching what? You’re not a cop. If you try breaching anybody’s door you’re going to end up either with a face full of 9mm or in pound-me-in-the-ass jail.

Isn't TF2's shotfun closer to an Ithaca with a hole cut in the side?

Is muzzleflip bad on these? porting the barrel a useful modification?

>but your initial premise is that the 26.5" shockwave is magically utter shite at being concealed

That's not what I am saying at all. I'm saying 2 things:
q) what was the point of wilsons, luparas, etc?
a) concealability.
-and-
the memewave's concealability is not as good.

Does that make it magically non-concealable? No. I said nothing of the sort.

Assuming you are , you said
>Real AOW shotguns are short enough to conceal easily. The memewave, with it's silly grip, is not.

Nah cunt, you don't get to walk it back. Let's examine the part where you originally disagreed with that other guy
>That argument does not apply to the memewave because it is not concealable.
Now please go fuck a landmine.

>Does that make it magically non-concealable? No. I said nothing of the sort.
Oh fuck you
>That argument does not apply to the memewave because it is not concealable.
>Real AOW shotguns are short enough to conceal easily. The memewave, with it's silly grip, is not.

>>Real AOW shotguns are short enough to conceal easily. The memewave, with it's silly grip, is not.
That was me. I said it wasn't short enough to conceal easily. I didn't say it was unconcealable. Reading comp, bro.

was not me.

Yeah but literally nobody cares if an AOW shotgun is concealable. Yes, the US Marshals carried them, but it’s not like they really cared if they were truly concealable or printed or if someone spotted their weapons because it’s not like anybody is going to arrest the Marshals.

1) if your logic is sound why would the marshals even bother with shortening them? Why not just carry normal riot guns or 870s with pistol grips?

2) What about the mafia?

> I said it wasn't short enough to conceal easily.
If 25" is short enough to conceal easily, then so is 26.3"
The gun's over 2 feet long. An extra inch does not fucking matter at that point as you're pretending it does.

The Shockwave is "not concealable" because the ATF says that concealing it makes it an AOW. That's it.

You know. Despite what Ian and Karl say. I dont think these things are that innaccurate or that hard to handle.
My wrist doesnt hurt after blasting some #1 buck through it at eye level.
Its also appropriate and easier to use at the hip. It just takes some practice at the most. I use it for a home defense but I also use like. 4 other guns for home defense.

1) Because it makes them more compact and easy to carry around in confined spaces.
2) Because once upon a time, pistols were expensive but single or double-barrel break action shotguns were dirt cheap (and thus disposable), and were easily acquired because they were available for purchase at any local hardware store.

I got an uncle that lives in king cove alaska. He drives around with one of these in his truck just in case he runs into a bear small enough he couldtakre it down with the thing.

>Ian and Karl
I fucking HATE that InRange video. Worse troll bullshit than their mud tests:
>Two people who have never used a shotgun with a birdshead grip use a shotgun without a birdshead grip to demonstrate why a shotgun with a birdshead grip is bad.
>Other people who have never used a shotgun with a birdshead grip think this reasoning is sound and use it to bolster their arguments.
>It never occurs to any of these people that having a ~50° difference in grip angle might alter the ergonomics and recoil impulse.

Attached: JUST.gif (479x249, 933K)

Is it considered a pistol?

Sorry if I am retarded.
This is perplexing to a fudd.

It's a "firearm"
It wasn't manufactured with a stock and thus is not "intended to be shouldered" which is part of the legal definition of a shotgun, thus it isn't a shotgun.
Smoothbore barrel means it isn't a rifle or pistol.
It's over 26" long which means it's not an AOW.

Yeah I think it's considered a pistol

It is like the Shroedingers cat of firearms apparently.
Fucking weird.
Seems very convenient for in home use.

Yeah it did bother me too. Especially how hard Ian was going in on the design.
Theyre right. A stock is easier and a pistol grip shotgun sucks. But birdheads are an in between for the reason Ian would say later. Pistol grips suck.
The birdhead isnt so much a fuck you to the NFA like pistol grips were. There were a way to get a short barrel and a better-than pistol grip shotgun to the public.

I like how Karl even concluded that the shockwave was more of a skill gap gun. Where its grip could be "mastered" but Ian was adamant the thing was junk and brings it up in multiple videos.
Yet Ian is the worst shot of all the guys on the show.

"because it was funny"

Attached: 20161201_144144_HDR~01.jpg (1080x1920, 430K)

I could defend myself with this gun.

>Name a use for them that would justify a purchase, Jow Forums.

Back holster

Even worse was the way Ian acted toward the Mossberg rep, which was really rude and uncalled-for. He seemed personally offended by the fact that the Shockwave existed, as if the Shockwave's dog had shit on his lawn or something. It was pretty cringey.

Even their own fans and Karl dogged on him for being so autistic

Of course Ian is offended the shockwave exists. He's offended that binary triggers and bumpstocks exist too. He's simply offended by anything that "skirts the law" because he's a liberal with an elitist attitude.

Which means he's basically a fudd high on frankophilia

>Or your equipt to shorten a barrel yourself.
Yeah, who the fuck owns a hacksaw anyway?

Yeah I don't think he's actually antifa, but he's definitely a fudd.

I don't think it's so much disdaain for the weapon individually---he just has a lot of pent up animosity towards the consumer-driven, pseudo-innovative, halfway-kitschy gun market in the USA.

Of course someone who obsesses over historical firearms and design is gonna sperg out a bit on the shockwave. i dont think it has anything to do with not liking how the gun "skirts laws". he probably just hates meme weapons

if you get rid of the pistol, you can fit more rounds

have same shockwave style shotgun but with short stock, literally better in every single way except i cant put it in my jnco jeans pockets. ian and karls point proven.

Yeah. And he needs to knuckle under or fuck off. His C/R collection will be some of the last to go, sure - but if we don't all work together on preventing our rights from being stripped away, then we're all fucked.

The issue is when they try to hawk it to people as an ideal HD shotgun. It's not even debatable that, for the median owner, it is vastly inferior to a stocked shotgun. The median owner probably won't go to the range this year, so the 'oh, it's just fine if you get to the range and practice with it' argument is completely irrelevant.

What about a stabilizer like on AR 'pistols'? Does that make it an SBS still or an AOW?

It's still a "firearm" since its length is over 26 inches but its barrel is under 16. Concealing it makes it an AOW.

So attaching a stabilizer to a Shockwave constitutes a 'firearm', correct?

Yes, and that means vertical foregrip too.

>1.3in difference makes a fucking shotgun unconcealable
Are you high? that is such an incredibly small difference between the two, I have no idea how you can actually think that makes or breaks the Shockwave. Not to mention the Shockwave has a straighter grip, giving it a far slimmer profile than the Marshall shotguns. Again, we are talking about +20in guns here, not pistols.

Attached: shit for brains.png (900x729, 129K)

Different user. Its a bit of a grey hole when it comes to firearms. It all comes to definitions. Federally;

>firearm
A object that propells a projectile by means of a chemical reaction.
>rifle
A firearm designed to be fired from the shoulder with a rifled barrel.
>shotgun
A firearm designed to be fired from the sholder with a smooth bore using shot shells.
>pistol
A firearm designed to be fired with one hand with a rifled barrel.

It never had a stock so not a "rifle" or "shotgun". It has a smooth bore and is designed to be fired with two hands so not a "pistol". Since it never had a stock it can't be a "SBS" since it was never a shotgun (designed to be fired from the shoulder). AOW "any other weapon" would be were it would technically be placed (a firearm that dose not fit in the 8 categories) but it got a "sporting purpose " exemption from the ATF. Post from Mossberg screams it got an exemption.

Just for fun (pic) Serbu made the Super-Shorty out of Mossberg Mavericks as I remember. It came from the Mossberg factory with a pistol grip (no stock) so they were AOW rather than SBS.

Attached: ser_shorty_big__26536.1504811144.jpg (960x720, 80K)

I like you