Just got my first SKS (Russian)

Just got my first SKS (Russian)

How the fuck do I work this thing?

Attached: SKS_-_Ryssland_-_AM.045810.jpg (2050x900, 440K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bgCoG4eT0p0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You load bullets in the magazine, pull back on the charging handle, then fire.

in your mouth

How do I get the bayonet up/down? Do I just use brute strength or what?

NO!!!!
Pull on "bayonet handle" its just spring loaded and you're retarded

Correct. The first round must be suck started.

It's a slip ring.

where do I buy one? anyone got a good place?

Shop around, most reputable milsurp/auctions have them. Do you really want to spend $450 on one though? Not even an AK fag, but that's halfway? to a decent AK already.

What do I do about the fact that the entire weapon is coated in cosmoline?

pull down hard you weakling.

Trade it in for a VZ-58
I really regret buying an SKS
I used it like once

Wrap the gun in garbage bags and let it sit in the sun for a few weeks

What will that do

I pulled the bolt back, how do I get it forward again without loading it?

>How do i work this thing?
Ask some of the 3rd world child soldiers who are evidently smarter than you

Attached: 1544916033711.jpg (852x1041, 150K)

Heats up the grease so it wipes off easier.

Depress the mag follower. Pull the bolt back and let it slide foward

Sick, thanks man

Disassemble and soak the parts in boiling water then scrub em.
Leave the wood stock out in the sun or put it in the oven at the lowest setting with something under it to collect the drippings.
ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO FULLY DISASSEMBLE THE BOLT AND ENSURE THE FIRING PIN CHANNEL IS CLEAN.

open magazine, pull back charging handle and ride it foward. or push the follower down about a half inch, then do step 2

>or put it in the oven
Only do this if you're a young bachelor who lives by himself

the garbage man needs more work

>ITS VERY IMPORTANT TO FULLY DISASSEMBLE THE BOLT AND ENSURE THE FIRING PIN CHANNEL IS CLEAN.
t.ATF
Not necessary OP he just doesn't want you to have a full giggle sks

youtu.be/bgCoG4eT0p0

I got a Sweet Romanian about 5 years ago from some guy who just purchased it a few months earlier but was shit scared of the thing because it would double triple fire sometimes when you pulled the trigger....The firing chamber was packed with cosmo....The dude thought the gun was a defect and sold it below cost and a warning about the full auto...
I love dumb people...

Attached: 1497592946784.jpg (572x713, 48K)

This, except do not do this for any reason what so ever unless you want to smell and have your food forever have a hint of cosmoline.
Youtube a disassembly guide, once you break it down a few times you can have it fully apart in a minute. Better to use any sort of petroleum based solvent such as mineral spirits (paint thinner is the same but smells worse) since you can actually work with it rather then trying to play with boiling water as well as once again not having cosmoline vapors from the water evaporating. You just throw all the metal in and let it sit for 10 mins then get an old toothbrush go over every piece. Take them out and dry by hand then wait a few mins for the product to flash off. Now take any gun oil and wipe down every single part. All your metal is done.
For the stock its best to either put it in a black garbage bag and leave it in the sun on a warm day or if you have heat lamps to leave it under. Either way you gotta take it out every now and then and wipe it off. Or you could wrap it in some damp cloth and hit it with a heat gun. You will never get all the cosmoline out of the stock but you can easily get the majority out with heat. The stock is honestly more annoying that the metal parts.
Assemble your gun and you're good to go. If you feed it corrosive ammo then make sure to rigorously clean after use. And if you fire a shit ton of ammo in one trip then keep a rag handy as the hand guard may or may not need to be wiped down due to some cosmoline seeping out from the heat if its your first few times using it.

For a semi-auto it's pretty much as straightforward as it gets
Jesus Christ user

I really want a nice russian sks for my milsurp family but i cant see myself wanting to spend more than $300 max on a fucking sks

You gotta love them sweet deals user

Ship it to me baby

that's what they're worth and it's only going to go up user.

The SKS being my first semi-auto, it still fucking amaze me how fucking simple it is.
Seriously, the only thing that gets close are pump-action shotguns. It's goddamn witchcraft, I tell you what.

Attached: ChineseSKS_Type56_011halfrez.jpg (1632x1224, 788K)