Ruger LCR

I'm interested in the Ruger LCR, specifically in .327. I know I've seen this thread before, but never paid much attention to it. My gf is considering one as her CCW because it has to be fairly small and her grip strength/stability isn't always enough for small semi's like the G42 to run 100%; causes stovepipes. We're working on that, but for now I'd rather her have something I know will work. She isn't recoil sensitive, just not very strong. Seems to be a pretty effective round and decent capacity vs alternatives in that size category, revolver or not. Thoughts?

Attached: Ruger-LCR-327-2.jpg (661x496, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58
lehighdefense.com/products/312-xtreme-defense-95gr-bullet
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a pretty intense cartridge in guns that size. You might look into FTX loads in .32 H&R for her to actually carry.

I'm looking for a new lever gat in .29 caliber myself

.327 Mag is a bit of a meme cartridge, but at least it's still made and somewhat popular. One cool thing about a .327 Mag revolver is that you can safely fire .32 ACP, .32 S&W, .32 S&W Long, and .32 HR Magnum from it without a conversion cylinder or moon clips.

You have excellent taste, .327 is the best snubnose round.

Next Get an 6-8 inch .460 sw for peak wheelgun futurism.

Go for it user. I have a 38 LCR and love it, but I would love it even more if it held 6 meme speed rounds to be slightly more cyberpunk future.

You should watch this vid comparing the LCR and S&W j frame.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58

Also .327 is a meme. The cost of ammo will probably limit your practice and having 1 extra round in the gun is probably not going to be the difference between life and death but having a lot of practice just might.

Attached: 1518127295418.png (600x700, 386K)

lunch bump

.327Mag is a spici lil boi
It’s the best LCR chambering.

Attached: ruger-lcr-and-lcrx-secret-service-checkered-rosewood-grips.jpg (3456x2304, 1.39M)

327 is a meme
But it’s your money if you want to waste it on a meme cartridge

Maybe the 327 will Soon to be replaced by the 45 gap
Worked for glock, I guess 327 will work for ruger

>interested in the Ruger LCR, specifically in .327
>gf is considering one as her CCW because it has to be fairly small and her grip strength/stability isn't always enough for small semi's like the G42 to run 100%; causes stovepipes

She is going to get a horrible flinch. LCR is unfun to shoot even with 38special. 327 is going to hurt a lot, you aren't going to train with it. Big calibers in small guns are way over rated. If you want something small just go with 380 autoloader, or 38special/9mm LCR with 115 grain.

Is there any advantage to the 327 model over the 357/38 model? Genuinely curious.

extra round (6 vs 5), less recoil, almost as much power as the 357. And flexibility to shoot a bunch of other rimmed 32 cartridges. 32 acp even works.

Get a 38 special. Hornady makes downloaded self defense rounds that should work great.

You are better off with a .357mag model and shooting +P or +P+ .38 special wadcutters than buying a gun in a boutique caliber that will be expensive and hard to find in a decade.

>grip too weak to cycle a G42
>wants a magnum snub
Good luck with that.

.327 is specifically designed to operate from a snub nose

.357 needs 4 inches of barrel to be an appropriate choice of caliber, below 3 inches just kys

honestly it sounds like she needs a gun with more grip area than anything else.

Unironically this

This sold me on 327

the LCR sucks to shoot. especially for a woman.

lehighdefense.com/products/312-xtreme-defense-95gr-bullet

1. Hit the gym
2. Walther CCP
3. Shield EZ