How do tall people use AR's. I'm 5'7 and am most comfortable using the longest stock position...

How do tall people use AR's. I'm 5'7 and am most comfortable using the longest stock position. How do 6'3+ guys use it comfortably?

Attached: AR-15 AR-10 Collapsible Mil-Spec Carbine Stock (1)-800x800.jpg (800x800, 91K)

You just have freakishly long arms.

t. 6’3.

Big boys shoot big boy calibers like 30-06 and 45ACP not plastic toy guns.

Pull your charging handle out as far as it will go. Collapse your stock until your nose until it damn near touches the charging handle.
There you are now an operator.

I'm 6'3" and I don't even extend the stock fully. My nose is pretty close to CH. I dunno, feels fine/comfortable to me.

Do you shoot squared off to the target or bladed?

I had a hard time adjusting to the AR ergos at first too. It's just something you get used to.

I find my natural position is with my feet at a 45 (ish) degree angle away from the target.
Maybe. Im used to shooting mosins and SKS's, but I still feel scrunched up on any setting other than fully extended

with almost zero felt recoil, you can damn assume any cheeki breeki weld or shoulder position you want

Proper shooting position is putting your nose against the charging handle for a consistent sight picture. It's doable with the long stock, but not really comfortable at all. Also, I imagine you are chicken winging

5 11, I leave mine fully extended unless I’m in cramped quarters

Yeah, that's bladed sorta. It's a more natural position with the older A1 grip angle. More modern grips tend toward more vertical angles, which support a more squared. Also depends on optics.

I don't.
5.56 is the big gay

A1 Length for me. All the way out, one in.

I'm 6'7" and if you think AR stocks might be short, let me introduce you to the AK. I look ridiculous with my arms all scrunched up together in front of my face.

You chose to be the correct height. You both have good taste

Long neck that shit and mount your optic in relation to where your face is on the weapon when firing.
+6'2"ish reporting in. Who let the manlets out of the manlet pit?

this is Jow Forums, so more likely OP is just shooting with some really fucked up stance and/or is a nogunz who hasn't even shot an AR before

Wut?

all the way in and thumb in your belt loop pocklet

that way you can still pull the charging handle all the way back to clear a jam while still maintaining sight.

Adjust stock to where when the charging handle is fully pulled back it is just infront of your nose while you look down the sights

Because you're retarded and maybe even shoot wrong.
I'm 6'5 with a 76" reach, and I generally have I on the 3rd shortest position, but I've ran it all the way in to see, and it worked fairly fine.

Use an A2 length stock

Some of us can't afford big boy bullets and missed the Gopnik bus. I can't justify spending more on Soviet surplus when poverty state dangles that cheaper than SKS carrot in front of me. I want 7.62x39 so bad, but I cannot. All I wanted was a cheap SKS but Obama and this faggot blue state has cornered me into being Jow ForumsIY

>+6'2"ish reporting in. Who let the manlets out of the manlet pit?
>ish
5'11.5 manlet confirmed.

I'm same height. My PTR91 and M16A1 clone fit me just comfortably.

I have /long arms/ and I like Warsaw length AK stocks. Just pull it closer and don't flex your bicep because no one's checking you out faggot.

>5'7

Please be in bay area

Attached: y0ylnknzgq421.jpg (640x695, 50K)

>I'm 6'5 with a 76" reach

Attached: 71YHcSAVoqL._SX425_.jpg (425x303, 15K)

I'm the same as OP. Seriously don't you tallbois feel uncomfortable with how short the LoP is on most rifles?

You forgot about the possibility that "they" are a skin walker, or a hot dear, or maybe just 5'7 and cute.

A2 profile stock.

5'9" here. I shoot with the stock 2 clicks back from the fully collapsed position, nose-to-charging handle

OP is chick leaning

>I'm 5'7

Attached: b30.jpg (680x426, 39K)

I'm 6 foot, but my arms are like 6'3 in span. I've tried to do the overhand hold like pictured here and my arm goes in front of the carbine length barrel.

Attached: 4694160233_0f8a64b905_b.jpg (1024x589, 264K)

Maybe you're cute. You ever think of that?

uwu

I'm 6' 1" and I shoot with the stock fully extended, or two clicks in with a PC

This. OP got a strong bitch lean and chicken arm.

I'm 5'10" and I shoot it one notch from all the way collapsed. It's all personal preference.

Go home and take your meds grandpa

I'm 5'10" and I use the 3/4 position, that's the most comfortable for me especially with a plate carrier on.

I'm a 6'6'' monstrosity and it fits me fine

6'5", never had a problem before. I can comfortably fire even on the shortest slide, though. It's just never bothered me to adjust to the firearm, really.

BASED

Attached: BOOM14.jpg (1102x349, 54K)

This was my first thought the moment I read the OP. I have a couple of inches on OP and am wondering what he's talking about.

Most MMA fighters around that height have around that reach. Stop watching the NBA, you 56%r

>How do tall people use AR's. I'm 5'7 and am most comfortable using the longest stock position. How do 6'3+ guys use it comfortably?
I bend my fucking elbows.

Attached: 1168745592002.jpg (399x366, 58K)

As someone that's 5'11.5, this hits too close to home.

>"Ok, whatever you do, kids, don't mention Vietnam to gramps, ok?"
>gramps what was nam like
>"TWO WORLD WARS I TELL YA! MUH NINETEEN 'LEVEN WAS THE BEST GUN, AINT DAT RITE SONNY BOY"
>"user, I told you! You're grounded, I'm taking away your hentai privileges!"

Attached: Screenshot_20181215-093708_Chrome.jpg (1080x2367, 911K)

by buying an A2 stock, duh. Plus it has a hole for a fleshlight!

I'm 6'11", I have it on the second shortest and I do fine. fix you're posture

6'3" reporting in. This guy knows. Bending your elbows is totally a solution to this very real problem.

>not being 7' 13" and using stock fully collapsed

>glory days of cheap slav shit, 7N6, and surp 7.62 are over
>no more nugget food
>no more $10 bakies and plums
>too young to have experienced this glory
>tfw I get to taste a sweet morsel of a bygone era by purchasing a cheap $180 tin of 7N6
>it shoots well and gives me an excuse to shower with my rifle

GODDAMIT RUSSIA STOP TRYING TO FUCK UKRAINE I JUST WANT YOUR CHEAP AMMO AND SHIT. ALSO FUCK THE ATF FOR BANNING A 22 CAL BULLET THAT USES SOFT ASS STEEL FOR A CORE

Attached: 1544154216021.png (1600x1200, 2.77M)