Topped off mag and 1 in the chamber?

>Trying on new holster and gun at shop
>Take off my gun
>clear the chamber and pull out the mag
>clerk looks at me then says "shame on you, you shouldnt have one in the chamber"
>he picks up my mag
>"shamey shamey topping off is bad"

Is he right?

Attached: 6-Companies-Offering-High-Quality-Aftermarket-Magazines-2.jpg (661x496, 80K)

No he's not right. Maybe he was joking.

no he is a fud
also you should have told clerk b4 drawing he would have been within rights to blast ya

>clear the chamber
>pull out the mag

????

Attached: 1519527847594.png (1313x1248, 251K)

I simply replied it had always been reliable for me. But he didnt expand on his statements as jokes or sincerity. So I came here to ask. Maybe it was. He seemed a little autistic.

Don't use words you don't understand the meaning of fag.

>he would have been within rights to blast ya
Yeah but without one in the chamber he wouldn't have been in the condition to.

>clears chamber
>drops mag
No one else sees this issue?

Yeah I told him before. He was telling me I should try on the kydex holster he had just made me for my new gun. So I asked him, "Well no one is gonna jump if I clear my gun after I take it off right?"

The only hasguns in the thread.

Attached: 1444106483631.jpg (500x375, 25K)

Its called a slide lock you fucking mongoloid. Go buy a handgun and learn how to use it

op nogunz confirmed

Attached: 1532479225095.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Sure, having 2 less bullets in your gun than it can carry is a great idea. If you want you be really smart insert full mag, release the slide, then pull out the mag and dump a few rounds onto the ground. Weight savings will really help with your accuracy.

He's either retarded and cc's without one in the pipe himself, or he's retarded and conveyed poorly that you're a retard for drawing a loaded gun in a gunstore.

Attached: attention-idiots-sign2-660x585.jpg (660x585, 79K)

Sure, that works. But it's a much more human performance error likely situation.

Always drop the mag first.

Way I empty my guns for people is I open the slide and press the mag button at the same time. So the chamber is empty and the mag wont feed. Then the slide is locked back so the chamber is visible after.

how do you avoid your mag falling onnaground

Sounds like you are introducing a lot of potentials for a ND or a gun/mag drop if you slip up.

He uses the counter stupid.

Its like one fine movement. Where you pull the slideback so the ejector has pulled the bullet out but not thrown it and the magazine is being ejected by your other hand cradling it. So the chamber bullet and the magazine all fall down the maghole.

>OP Draws his loaded pistol in a gun store to try on a holser and is offended that the clerk got offended.

He was probably pissed at your dumbass unloading procedure too

How do you not pull a loaded gun out if your gun is loaded in the holster? Do you pull back the slide and let the bullet eject while its still in its holster?
Or are you implying pulling the magazine out while its in the holster makes it not loaded anymore?

oh

i'm canadian and never handled anything but full sized handguns so i forgot it could be a small gun you can cradle the mag with

If you're expecting work to be done on your firearm or are expecting to try on a holster with it, unload it in your fuckin car you idiot.

Or here is a revolutionary idea. If you find something you want to try, walk out to your fuckin car, unload it, then come back inside.

>driving a car
fucking cagers

Did you just stop reading before you got to the last three words in my post or something?

Unload it in your car, dumbass. Then bring it into the store with the slide locked back, in a case if you can, holding it by the slide with the grip out like you're trying to hand it to someone if you don't have a case. That way they don't think you're coming in the shoot up the place.

Jesus.

>Pull slide back while engaging slide stop
>Drop mag

How do you not draw a loaded gun when the gun is loaded when its in the holster? You cant operate the slide while its in the holster.
Also it seems silly you cant imagine this unloading procedure. Its probably the safest, I could imagine. The idea is to make the bullet in the chamber not able to be fired by pulling back the slide and then dropping the mag. And then releasing the slide the rest of the way so the chamber bullet goes with it. Go try it

>unload gun before going to location
That's dumb

Are you some kind of faggot that doesn't have a second gun to carry while the first one is unloaded or something? If you are, just keep a loaded mag in your pocket while you waddle your way from your mom's rusty 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan to the gun store.

This a retarded way of doing it since its unnecessarily difficult to do with the muzzle pointed down ie the only safe direction in public

Exactly, what the fuck is this stupid complicated way of unloading a weapon. Point it somewhere safe, drop the mag, rack the slide. You control the gun fully with your 1 hand, none of this fumbling nonsense trying to hold the slide back and engage the slide stop and the mag release. Fuck.

>Fumbling nonsense
Do you not have thumbs or something?
It's also helps my glock eject more predictably if I leave the mag in while locking the slide open so I don't have to worry about the chambered round rolling away and can just catch it with my other hand.

No it isnt. It is the quickest way I found to safely empty my glock. I dont know why you cant imagine the barrel being pointed safely at the ground to do this. It is possible since thats how l do it everytime.
Why are you dropping the magazine first rather than operating the slide? The only bullet to fear is the one in the barrel and originally ready to fire. You need to relieve that one from duty asap and show clear chamber first before you fumble with your gun anymore.

Make a video, I want to see this now. How many times do you flag yourself or others while doing this?

Okay when I leave work I will have my fiance videotape this practice so I can show you how good it is. That will be at 430am if thread is still up.

Seconded, I want to see you do this safely.

I'm not at home but if this thread is up Friday night I will
>Flagging
You point it at the ground while you do this, I thought this would be obvious.

Are these times when your dad is home and sleeping so you can "borrow" his pistol to practice your sick-ass time saving moves?

Attached: 1484730057613.gif (309x313, 2.91M)

It's when I'm not stuck in an antigun state away from my home and my gun.
>Sick ass timesaving
>Implying this is anything special
Why do people sperg so hard when people say you can eject a round before dropping the magazine?

Go do it now. Point gun at ground. Take left hand. Fingers over ejection slide. Pull slide back laterally, until bullet starts ejecting. Press with right thumb mag release and bullet/mag will fall down same hole. Pull slide back rest of way to show clear.
Obviously straight down angle doesnt work but a 15° or 30° angle is enough for bullet to fall. Or you know. Just hard eject it to the table that the ejection port is at the height of.

Lol literally retarded, do you drive with your feet too?

Im in a truck factory right now you jerk

Attached: 20180726_021854.jpg (675x1200, 389K)

excuse me while i make this look xuper cool
>rack round to the ceiling
>slide stop engage
>drop mag and put in pocket
>not-quite-catch falling round with off hand, juggle it a bit
>drop my handgun
>lose the juggle competition and drop loose round
>my $1.87 barnes extreme +P bit driver load rolls under the bargain rack keymod shelving
I'm still standing in the gun store in shock and the clerk has laughphyxiated

You work in Detroit and you don't carry at work? Wow.

What kind of gun store allows people to unholster loaded guns in the store? Even if they were stupid, you should have been smarter and exercised better caution.

He wrote it ambiguously. Not every list of events is necessarily an ordered list.

>Way I empty my guns for people is I open the slide and press the mag button at the same time.
This is actually stupid and unnecessarily dangerous. Trying to hold multiple controls and do many things at once is a sure way to not do a single thing perfectly well.

>What kind of gun store allows people to unholster loaded guns in the store? Even if they were stupid, you should have been smarter and exercised better caution.
>He wrote it ambiguously. Not every list
of events is necessarily an ordered list.
>A green text story is not an ordered list
This fucking guy

Shh, we want him to make a video. If we shame him too much he won't do it.

Attached: varg-vikernes.jpg (762x464, 114K)

>clearing your gun into anything other than a clearing bucket

Attached: clearing bucket.png (1112x624, 749K)

See
I had told him if he wanted me to try on the holster he made me I was going to have to rack and clear my carry. And asked him if anyone would panic.
Gun store has sign says guns should be holstered or in case. Not unloaded.
So why would I unload my carry if Im going to a gunstore? I dont unload going into the DMV or Clerk office.
Why does a gun store deserve that manner?

>>A green text story is not an ordered list
>This fucking guy
A greentext story is a bulleted list. A single, uninterrupted phrase in a greentext story is just that, a phrase without a clear sense of ordering of events.

>>"shamey shamey topping off is bad"
warning sign right there

also pull mag, then clear... it's makes me nervous to even read that

Why would you pull mag then clear when your intention in the first place is to clear chamber? Guns have slidelocks for a reason.

all these fucking dubs saying yes no yes no

OP puts his shoes on first, then his pants.

The correct way of unloading a handgun is dumping the entire mag into your stupid ass. Get out.

Wow, user, did you just threaten me on a blue board? I'm afraid I'm going to have to report that.

I won't tolerate this kind of hate speech on a christian basket weaving forum.

Because it’s safer you cum swilling retard,

How is that safer? You have a bullet in the chamber for a longer period of time.

Because you’re not fumbling for multiple controls at once.

How is it safer? When you release the mag, your brain might mix and match your thumb and index finger, causing a round to fire. With my method, you remove that possibility.

This just in.....Guns will fire their bullet within 5 seconds of the mag release.

kek

It is not "fumbling" to operate a slide with your left hand and simply press a button with your right thumb.

That has never happened in the history of ever.

Holy shit, you’re actually retarded

noguns confirmed
DMV is a federal building you mong

Attached: OcuNgtG8OC4X_les.jpg (960x960, 286K)

>Moving your right thumb an inch upwards
>Fumbling
Obeseposting should be a bannable offense

I live in a free state. We are allowed to carry openly in any building that isnt judicial or a school.

You're holding the gun with your right hand, and with your left, you are holding the slide back. What the fuck is catching your full loaded (aka heavy) magazine?

The palm of your hand? I can do this operation on a glock 21. My thumb reaches from the bottom of the mag to the mag release.

>Magazines
>Heavy
Dude what

I meant the ejected round if you want to be a tacticool operator like Paul Harrell and not just let it drop on the table

he is obviously gently cupping the base of the frame as you would a ballsak

And no, The slide stop is holding the slide back and my right thumb is holding the slide stop in place.

I only carry full size guns like a 17 and this would be incredibly hard to have my thumb activate the mag and have my palm be on the mag.

What is your procedure for full size?

And I'm talking about a Glock 22.
You can use your left hand to grab the magazine, what's so hard to understand?

This thread sucks without some video

But your right thumb is hitting the mag release too, sounds really complicated for something that should be universally simple - drop the mag and rack the slide. This way the clerk clearly sees what you are doing. Why are you acting like having a round in the chamber for .5 seconds longer is an issue? You carry with a round in the chamber all the time anyway, so why is it different when you are unloading?

Youre talking to two different people who have 2 different techniques. Against even your own technique.
My two hand technique slide first is understandedly a little hard to detail correctly without a video. But it is the safest.

You're talking to at least two different people.
I'm not OP and I'm making no arguments about one being safer than the other.

Here's a simple procedure since some people seemingly can't understand how to clear a gun without dropping the magazine first

>Left hand on slide and right hand on frame
>Pull slide back while holding slide stop up with your thumb
>Gun is now locked open
>OPTIONAL: Do it quickly and then let go of the slide and catch the ejected round in midair so you can pat yourself on the back for being fast
>Take right thumb off slide release
>Position left hand under magazine or grab the floorplate
>Use right thumb to press magazine release
Or
>Keep thumb on slide stop and press mag release with your middle finger
It's pretty simple

How about unloading before you go in, like in the car? Or *gasp* ask the clerk what they would like you do to.
>Hey buddy I wanna try this holster
>I've got a loaded pistol in my pants
>You got somewhere safe I can clear?
If it was my store I would have kicked the dufus out after a stern talking-to, being snarky wouldn't have been in the picture.

>>Left hand on slide and right hand on frame
>>Pull slide back while holding slide stop up with your thumb
>Slip off the slide and slam a new round into the primer of the loaded one

I prefer just pulling the slide back, with my left hand, until about halfway, the bullet begins ejecting. Then with my write hand wrapped around the grip use its thumb to press the magazine button. With the outside of my right hand's palm it catches the mag.
As my left hand now pulls the slide the rest of the way the bullet falls free and my right hand has put the mag down on the table. And pushed the slide lock up.
Making the gun clear and empth.

Which I haven't ever done even with sweaty hands because I aint bitch made and don't have the grip strength of an infant
Just jerk off more lmao

Actually my preferred method is to bumpfire out my clearing window but I understand most stores look down on that

See

>unloading your own gun before you walk into a store where others will have guns
What the fuck Jow Forums

Everyone at my LGS carries at least one gun, most two guns with a round chambered. There's never any bullshit at the range like in some of these thread. I'm lucky this town has redneck roots, and we have two competing ranges, and the one by my house is less crowded and cheaper. If nothing else, you Jow Forumsrackheads have made me appreciate what I have.

>He only carries two loaded guns
Fuck off casul real men are talking here

Attached: 1523844641165.png (235x489, 54K)

Im leaving work early tonight so Im gonna go make a few webms on my process to empty my guns.

>He doesn't use the clearing log

Attached: sqQlid7.jpg (900x810, 52K)

Just tell them you don't like being near cash registers because of electrical infetterance, so you want to open it in your car.

Hey guys I got home, here is a video of how I clear guns. Especially for the presentation of them being clear to someone else.
I hope you all dont spaz the fuck out over this completely safe and preferable maneuver.

Attached: 20181219_223206.webm (480x640, 797K)

oh shit nigger are you a running triple thinkvision monitor setup?

>Not having a backup gun in case you gotta unload your primary, one way or the other
How whimsical.

Attached: 83u0923450.jpg (680x510, 46K)

>proceeds to drop everything on the floor
Yea that's way better then doing it the right way

I don't get the appeal of user's simultaneous retardation, but I do use slide-then-mag sometimes, especially outdoors when I don't want to drop ammo on the ground.
>grip slide with left hand over ejection port
>lock slide back, catching ejected cartridge
>put left hand under grip
>drop mag, catching with left hand
>deposit mag and cartridge in coat pocket
Dropping the mag means there's two places for the cartridge to go when you rack the slide, and I've only got one hand to catch it with.
>but as long as you rack it gently/solidly, it always goes out the magwell/ejection port!
Not all guns are the same, and the muscle memory that's just right for one may be wrong for another. Gloves can also screw with your consistency.

>Mag thuds on the ground

Yep, its what I thought it was.

>floor
>ground
He was clearing dumping it onto a counter or table you fucking retards. Oh no is the fucking kitchen island going to scratch your glock mag and that 1 round?

No, carry your weapon at full capacity. Will it wear out the magazine spring? Maybe, but buy more mags if you are worried about that. Mags are wear items, and putting one less round in doesn't change that.

Additionally, this is a good reason to own multiple carry guns. If I need to take my primary carry to the shop for repairs or holsters or whatever I bring it unloaded in a case and carry one of my other guns. Even if I were told to, I'd be uncomfortable drawing and clearing a loaded gun in a public place.

Oh shit it drops a foot onto the table the gun is ruined forever!
Kys inbred