MDR Thread

Any MDR owners here? What do you think?

Attached: mdr-right-profile-fde.png (488x185, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DabLcqavXJ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its not out faggot.

What do you plan to do about the ejection system? Are you gonna work it open a bit so it can release easier?

Yes it is double faggot.

Are people reporting problems with it? I hadn't heard that.

Some faggots on youtube used it in its 308 configuration on multiple gas adjustments and it couldnt kick the 308 shell out fast enough for the bolt to operate.

Subsonic ammo? I heard speculation that might be a problem, but all the video reviews I've seen with a 308 version haven't had cycling issues otherwise. That's bad to hear though.

youtube.com/watch?v=DabLcqavXJ0

the boomers made a rifle even more boomerish than the ar-15

>oh we don't want our gun throwing brass everywhere, that makes it a burden to pick up to resale, so we made a east cath system that uses 15 extra parts to gently catch the brass
>we made it very light, we know it may affect durability but who wants a 10lb firearm, not us with our bad back

i'm surprised it doesn't come with a free ass wiper so the geriatric fucks it's made for can wipe their asses with it

sorry that something better than the Kikeomatic 6,000,000 came out shlomo

Attached: soy vey.jpg (620x413, 87K)

It couldn't run milsurp half the damn time. It couldn't run aluminum/steel case at ALL.

OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: ifonlyyouknew.png (841x696, 815K)

"some faggots". What is with all the hate? Personally I think Ian / Karl are great content creators

don't be such a faggot, non.

>getting upset over the word faggot
newfag, you have to go back

It's more about the recent Jow Forums inrange hate circlejerk. Not about the word

fuck all y'all, that's a real life battle rifle from halo. "oh it's having feeding problems" no shit, it's a brand new rifle so of course they are working out kinks. You fags bitch all day that no new designs are coming out but why they do and have normal problems associated with ironing out a new system happen you flip a shit. go buy an AR10 like the basic bitch you are.

Attached: 1524021057274.png (680x623, 246K)

Hey they said they want 200-500 rounds of break in, and even after that it wasn't cycling right.
I'm fine with taking a few more steps, but I want to know what those steps are gonna be. Not just "fire it a lot until all the springs wear out and it james even more, then replace the springs."

So come talk to me when it runs right. Why the fuck should someone drop a $2.5k on a rifle that doesn't work?

I would have liked to have seen them just try it with the cover off. The major problem it had besides ripping case heads up was not getting the case all the way into the clip. Without the side plate it would just side eject like any other gun, right? Yeah that's one of its gimmicks, but at least it wouldn't seize up every few rounds with certain ammo.

Would it work better if they used some sort of mechanical arm / shutter to stop the brass from bouncing back instead of using an elastic clip? A door or skeleton bars that drop down just as the ejector arm is returning back to its normal position, blocking the brass case from coming back in. Since there is no clip the case encounters no resistance going into the ejection chute and just loosely sits there before being kicked out.

I mean, its not a very mechanically complex system right now, certainly no more complex than some vehicular MGs and autocannons, but it's got enough parts already that a few more wouldn't hurt.

It shows potential but i think desert tech jumped the gun (despite spending at least four years developing it, apparently) releasing it.

I like mine a lot. with an OSS suppressor I can dump a mag without hearing pro quite comfortably

Attached: BattleWaifus.jpg (1920x1080, 960K)

so does yours cycle right? inrangetv said something about a 1-6 gas system? Does it run milsurp? Does the more gas you get back from your silencer make it run better?

Yeah, the FS2000 never had these forward ejecting problems because it didn't fuck with clips or anything, it just sort of left the case in a chute until it filled up enough to drop out of the front, if I recall.
The MDR's system is just too complex.

It ran a lot better when i got the 6 pos gas system. I run malaysian through it.

"f*gott" is a very problematic word. It shouldn't be used on progressive websites.

Faggot.

Attached: iu[1].png (400x504, 323K)

They could just balance the gas and mainspring pressures so it didn't blast brass into oblivion. I've tuned up a couple SKS's and Mini-14's by dicking with the gas and spring pressure. My mini went from blowing brass 40 feet to 5, and my sks from 45 feet down to 10.

The gas needs to be harsh so that the bolt goes fast enough to power the ejector that is fighting against the spring clip. The mainspring then needs to be beefy or the gun will beat itself to pieces, which means the gas needs to be turned up...

It's just an overpriced sawzall, nothing to see here

ians a liberal s o y boi and karl worships satan

>educate yourself

Attached: 1537192556706.jpg (1031x948, 207K)

Alright, I guess I'm not surprised to hear this. I got the impression it's a fancy brass whore.

I'll get one in five years when they iron out the issues.

too bad it looks nothing like the BR
the kel-tec RFB kinda resembles a reach DMR but liking a gun for a abstract resemblance is silly

Doesn't the RFB at least work though?

Also there is nothing wrong with liking a gun if it simply looks cool

Bulpup faggors BTFO
Kek

I want to hear more about the MDR-C

Attached: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FzN6GQPD.jpg%3F1&f=1.jpg (1985x1391, 159K)

>nonexistence intensifies

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

>[INTENSIFIES]

Attached: c7f7cf8a7a976b651b2e28f12a13fafd.jpg (400x258, 17K)

>liking a gun for a abstract resemblance is silly
Don't you take that away from me.

>new guns have a break in period
If the gun doesn't work out of the box, then the gun belongs in the box.

Attached: fite_me.jpg (370x263, 9K)

Ian and Karl confirmed confirmation bias ridden lemon squeezers