Hunting ethics

So i know most of this forum is populated by faggy man-children who dont actually have guns, or even hunt, but whats the consensus on hunting ethics?

Not hunting
>easier
>doesnt require killing an animal who is free, and alive in nature

Hunting
>best quality meat
>no gmo shit
>the more selfish option

But seriously, why hunt when you can just go down the street to the store where plenty of meat is already available without killing a free animal

>wHaT aBoUt pEoPlE wHo liVe iN tHe WoOdS
Fuckoff, you live in suburbia, dont act like you dont.

Attached: 4BC7DCC3-C296-4365-B60F-9F9BCFB1973A.jpg (185x272, 15K)

>blood tracking skill
>muh one shot stop ethical kill

this one confuses me the most as a non hunter.

What?

Haha, no.

>more selfish option
Without human predation deer populations skyrocket out of control, until they starve to death. Humans are a natural predator of deer, and since we've killed off literally all other relevant predators of deer, we have to do our part.
>But seriously, why hunt when you can just go down the street to the store where plenty of meat is already available without killing a free animal
Instead you're supporting the most disgusting industry on the planet.

Op is a faggot, who would bitch if wolves and lions started eating his dogs and children.

He won't get how these facts are related to his post.

trophy hunting is for fags who want to pretend they're cavemen. eat what you kill. gun at any range, bow and arrow under 25 yards, literal spearchucking (okay for fish), knife hunting, and whatever else retards do nowadays is completely impractical and cruel to the animal.

whenever the ethical aspect of hunting comes up, theres an important thing to remember; animals in nature do not die of old age. deer, when they get old enough, are torn apart and eaten alive by coyotes, boars, whatever can catch them. even apex predators will die of thirst/starvation before old age. getting shot and dying quickly or bleeding out is a pretty good way to go in nature.

Killing deer is wrong.
You can only fugg a deer a few times after it is kill, but live deer are dtf the whole rut.

>the most disgusting industry
How long do you honestly think we would make it without it?

Not saying we should keep it the way it is, but still

>we need to cull them
Got the numbers handy?

Michigan here. We've had a decline in hunting, and this year I've seen more deer on the side of the road dead than I've seen in the last 8 years combined. Used to be a roadkill deer was unusual, now I see many new ones a day. I don't hunt because I simply hadn't invested the time or resources, but it'd be nice if our hunters solved this little problem by culling the furry menaces.

I dont give a fuck about dogs, and I hate children.

Shill harder noguns , you dont even hunt faggot

I like to hunt because I find it enjoyable and rewarding. Men have been hunting since the beginning of time. There’s something spiritual about it

This. It's the high-protein answer to organic gardening.

Attached: whitetail doe montana 2012.jpg (1024x768, 217K)

Have you seen what factory farming is like?

This. Animal husbandry, growing food, martial arts, hunting, and others all have this sort of aura to them. Humans have been doing them since they were humans. There's an ancestral connection to those sorts of things.

Fag who shoots the first thing that moves and complains about nothing big and desultory the quality of life of a local population because he doesn't understand management

what did he mean by this?

Have you found a better alternative for the masses?

Deer are fucking delicious... If we could domesticate them up to the size of cattle I would be all for it, but in the mean time I have to make do shooting the shitty ones my friend's deer lease wants to cull...
>TFW you see nothing but 2-3 year old nice 8 point bucks the whole time
now I'm hungry

>dont act like you dont.
I don't.

Attached: deer.webm (740x416, 2.91M)

This isn't any sort of rebuttal.

s/k/hizo user is posting tonight

>How long do you honestly think we would make it without it?
Depends on if you believe the vegans or not, I guess. It's feasible. Not that I'd go for it, fuck that shit. That or if lab-grown meat becomes viable.

>Got the numbers handy?
Numbers for what? The USA has under 20,000 wolves. I've heard estimates of 2/3 to 3/4 of those live in Alaska. There are estimated to be 30,000 mountain lions. Dunno about that one, would have figured there'd be less of them than wolves. Maybe they survive better because they are generally terrified of people (studies have found the one sound that will reliable make a cougar run the fuck away, even when closing in on prey, is human speech). Other predators are pretty irrelevant. A bear might take a few.

There are somewhere around 25 million to 30 million deer in the US. There is no viable predator population aside form humans. Either they explode in population until they eat everything and starve (propagating ticks carrying disease as they go around causing property damage all over the place), or you let predator species repopulate (we killed them off for a reason-also they don't have nearly the wild range needed anymore to sustain a viable population), or we take the sensible option and have a regulated hunting season with tag systems to prevent excessive reduction in deer population.

>invested the time or resources
Honestly I'm 33 and this is the first year I've ever gone hunting because I've finally made enough older friends I can mooch off of to the point it's no longer stupid expensive...

>comes in like a faggot to tell is he doesnt live in the city

So are you actually going to contribute to the thread, or just waste our time like you do everyone else

I wish he'd waste everyone in this thread.

Neither is this.

Yea ive seen factory farming.
What are you implying from that comment faggot?

I wish he would start with you

I haven't unlocked the blood tracking skill tree yet. Can I still hunt k?

>believe the Vegas
I mean, they can SURVIVE off whatever the fuck they eat. Doesnt mean I want to

>lab meat
Fuck that shit.

>30 million deer
Holy fuck. Well I cant argue with that

Wild boar makes great sausage patties and deer jerky is a staple here in
NC, I also get “paid” to hunt (exterminate) hogs. Fight me you fuckin hippy.

Attached: 2592F7DC-AD70-4CCB-9B92-1A1789A182EF.jpg (608x314, 57K)

>get paid to kill hogs
Plz elaborate

Can you hit a 5 inch target under stress from whatever distance you are hunting at? I think most tracking is because fudds shoot them in the lungs or guts and they die slow.

Attached: shot-placement-500.jpg (500x390, 117K)

people exchange goods, services, or currency in order for him to shoot hogs.

Oh, I would have no problem hunting hogs.

Where are you, and where can you hunt them?

(Its my bucket list item to hunt hog.)
I feel bad about deer/elt though

>can't wait for suppressor to clear so I can hunt hogs and rip out delicious backstraps...

>feels bad about deer
100% city slicker.

>>lab meat
>Fuck that shit.
Come on man, I can't wait for the day I can try out what human flesh tastes like without all the chemicals from our modern lifestyle ruining it.

Work up a good load, and Shoot them in the eye with a Nosler partition and tracking is a thing of the past.
If you can’t brain them, pass on the shot.
Simple.

Attached: C250209C-35A6-4099-B0E3-0C9F51D82F54.jpg (1440x2544, 3.17M)

They die pretty quick after lung shot dont they?

FYI deer are basically big, beautiful, delicious rats.

I hunt and have harvested every year for the past 6 years. I do my own processing as well. The whole experience is enlightening in a lot of ways. Depending on how you hunt (spot and stalk, ambushing, baiting, etc) you can go from a very difficult but rewarding experience to a nonchalant harvest. I've done both and prefer hiking for my meat but I have had a little better shot placement out of a ground blind.

The point I am trying to make is there are different types of hunting, at least with rifles, but the end result is the hopefully swift dispatching of the animal. I have 3 young boys who eat a lot. I can get my cost down to $40 for 40-50 lbs of high quality meat. A bad season with lots of fuel costs can get to $4-5lb but considering the quality it is well worth it.

No predators = more population
More population = higher risk of communicable disease
More population = greater farm damage
More population = greater risk of famine

Hunter = control and profit

It is so simple but folks in cities are near sighted. I suppose it's from a fast paced world full of popularity opinion overriding fact. Skip logic, save deer. Op is a fag.

With a proper bullet, yes.

>be animal
>live my life free and in nature, the way i evolved to
>suddenly get shot by human and die quickly instead of being eaten alive, getting mortally wounded by an animal I was trying to hunt, starving, dying of some disease, etc

Seems like the best of both worlds

>but... muh yuro mount
maybe on a doe...

They look innocent. But dumb

I dont care bout the piggies though.

>chemicals ruin it
And the ones from the lab wont?
Are you retarded?
Just go ed gein like a normal psycho you faggot

I have family in Georgia, and I would like to help out in the hog control. I have all the legalities for the transport and usage of firearms figured out, but can an out of state-er get a GA hunting license for hog hunting? Would you be familiar with that kind of stuff?

That one was euro mounted. Came out fine. An instant, painless death is more important than a trophy.

>bullet

Use a bow faggot

>mfw
But seriously you nigger, tell me where you hunt

Attached: 23AAC6D6-4E78-4E89-AA0C-1196A063058F.png (1193x1193, 815K)

pretty quickly still means like 100-200 yards of running under full death adrenaline which can suck in thick brush...

Lotsa places don’t require license for hog eradication

>And the ones from the lab wont?
Maybe it'll have the good chemical taste, like chicken nuggets.

I mean, maybe but probably not

In the fuggin trees, man

Attached: F80AE2B9-496C-4194-BADB-F2E60E0A84F5.jpg (3024x3024, 2.89M)

I cant buy elk in my grocery store.

neat

wild hogs are pests

people will pay other people to perform the service of physically removing pests such as wild hogs

All but one of my deer have died from a double lung shot. Most have died in less than 10 yards. The one that went the furthest was a heart shot, no damage to the lungs.

I fucking knew it.

Im not the guy you replied to, but ive had alot of people tell me double lung shot is a fuckin fast way to kill some deer

sure hunt, just kill cleanly and eat it after, unless they're pests like yotes or cats.

Ahh the liberal mindset, where its better to have never, EVER, been free, to be slaughtered with no fighting chance, all because it is "easier" then the wholesome alternative which requires effort and skill.

Attached: ULTIMATECHAD.jpg (634x749, 64K)

How does a deer go that far with its lungs full of blood or shredded to ribbons?

Deer can run farther without blood than oxygen in my experience.

>liberal
Give me a fucking break faggot.

>an animal born into slavery will have no concept of the meaning of freedom. It was doomed from conception

>a free animal may not know freedom either, but it was free, and has a beautiful life, living the way it was meant to. So why destroy it?

Choose one.

They *usually* don’t.
Sometimes, but that’s not the norm. A clean double lung shot will kill very quickly.
Usually it’s a problem like they had a bullet not open up and give proper pass through or the bullet fails and just explodes on a shoulder blade or something like that.
But sometimes, everything is perfect and a deer just runs a long ways with liquified lungs and heart.
Remeber, too, deer are stupid fast. They can go 100yds in the blink of an eye.

Fight or flight
Its the animals last dying breath, you think its not gonna run for its life?

Shit, lungs bleed pretty damn fast. And if youre out of breath double whammy

>deer living in the wild
>a beautiful life

Holio fuck, user, it's fuckin' cold outside this time of year. You want to stand around in snow up to your knees, gnawing on fuckin' trees because the grass is all covered?

This is the definition of hippy shit.

legally hunted deer shouldn't be felt bad about. they are hunted for a reason, when let on their own they tend to overpopulate. fish and game sell just enough licenses to keep the population in check.

Be a callous faggot, I dont give a fuck.
I dont care being called a hippy either, I live in colorado dumbass.

Retards like you that cant let a good thing be is why everything is so shitty all the fuckin time.

Go commit die, elmer.

God, I hope this is a shitpost.

With a bullet failure you're fucked unless you CNS the thing and that's not a shot I like. Too many jawless deer out there starving to death from poor shooters going for the brain. I can't say I've ever seen a deer with pulped lungs run more than 30 yards. I've had guys claim they lungshot something, helped them track it down and they put it in the guts, and those go a long ways.

How far can you run on one breath? A deer with no lungs can't get air and that kills faster than anything, plus your second point on this post.

weed will be the downfall of the US

How I know that you've never done adrenaline.

Seriously, go be a faggot somewhere else nigger.

Nobody gives a fuck that you like hurting animals, hate flowers, and had your girlfriend stolen by the long haired kid in highschool.

Fuckoff

The will to live is how.

Yeah we all eat fried crickets and grasshoppers.

Adrenaline needs a functioning brain to work. A functioning brain needs oxygen to work.

crickets and grasshoppers live beautiful lives, user.

We should eat clay.

Hatian dirt cookies honestly look fucking delicious.

>guys claim
>later found to be gut shot if even recovered at all
Lord that’s the truth.
Anyone that says something like “I only use a 7mm Mag for Deer because I hit a perfect double lung with my 270 and the deer just ran off.” is someone that doesn’t know their limits and shots deer in the guts.

*cough*M1Carbine*cough*

Faggot liberal got the noose handy?

Say I can completely exhale and still go 10 seconds with no breath. Deer can run 44FPS. How far can a deer go in 10 seconds?

What the fuck is this supposed to even mean?

Get the dick out of your mouth faggot, and wipe the cum from your eyes, because your english is nigger tier.

Hunting isn't selfish, and prey is going to be taken by something. Really you are saving the deer from being torn apart by literal monsters in the night, that's a mercy.

Also industrializing animals is not exactly humane. Don't get me wrong, it has to be done and I eat plenty of meat from the grocery, but at least when you hunt an animal it gets to die in its own natural habitat like it was going to regardless of it being hunted.

And blood holds oxygen. Just because the lungs go away doesn’t mean your brain instantly is deprived of O2.

You're forgetting that the lungs are haemorrhaging into the chest cavity, there won't be fresh blood hitting the brain.

I hunt them where I can really. In the fall it’s coyotes hunting to protect animals and in the spring and summer it’s hog killing in central NC to protect bean/cotton/tobacco farms. I charge per head sometimes but farmers have hired me to patrol property too.

I went deer hunting for the first time and I missed my shot. Guess it's better than a shitty shot, but still disappointed

Began hunting a few months ago. Started with dove and recently took my first deer at 210 yards with a lever action .270. I’m very fortunate to be close friends with someone who I am free to tag along and hunt with on one of the biggest private ranches in Texas.

I’d never fired anything more powerful than a 7.62x39, and I’ve really fallen in love with hunting and the entire experience of being away from the AIDSy city life. There’s really nothing else like it, and it’s hard for most people to comprehend without jumping to the conclusion of, “hur dur, why you kill those innocent animals?! You’re turning into a redneck!”

I wish I could hunt all day every day. Shit is magical.

I miss living on property. I used to see deer every day if I payed attention. I'm hunting on public land near by now and it's not nearly as active. Even small game is lacking.

I used to be interested in hunting, but unwilling to kill an animal.
I have recently been made aware that the boomers who hunt are dying, and as a result, wasting disease is spreading faster than it ought.
I now believe that hunting, as a form of conservation, is my civic duty.

t. mitten fag

You can’t buy deer in store in my state.

1. it's fun
2. no growth hormone in the meat
3. cuz fuk u

Kill everything and everybody. Death is a great gift. An end to all suffering and worry. A return to the womb of oblivion, where we slept before the trouble started.

>wild game
>full of parasites
>b-but muh natural meat
I love this meme

store bought meats are not exempt from parasites
and take your anti gun bullshit somewhere else because we're not having it

Cool your tits, fudd, I don't give a fuck about noguns or hunting.