.45 GAP

>.45 GAP

Attached: 1525284383331.png (960x607, 436K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sMUEEnXw5pI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>9x18

Attached: 1515623884476.jpg (2048x1365, 1.38M)

>6.5 Swede

Attached: 73a.png (680x788, 94K)

>50 G.I.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 11K)

Anyone who thinks that Makarovs are queer should give one a blowjob.

t. assblasted tankie

imagine shooting a round with 500 ME and thinking youre bad ass

>10mm

Attached: 1499489456503.png (248x330, 129K)

It was a brilliant business move. For people who buy guns based purely on bragging rights it's a winner. They sell A LOT of full house custom .50 GI 1911 to "VIPS" south of the border and in the Middle East. There is at least one in the personal armory of Prince Bin Salman.

imaging having a bore under 50 and thinking youre hard

Attached: 1544981891884.jpg (220x139, 12K)

>.45 GAP
What's wrong with designing a round to get around gun control? If you live somewhere you can legally buy 45ACP, you aren't the target market.

That was not the objective. Glock specifically designed it to appeal to segments of the American law enforcement market that, at the time, insisted in on .45 ACP but wanted a smaller gun and more magazine capacity.

> If you live somewhere you can legally buy 45ACP, you aren't the target market.
explain plez free burger here

There are several countries (Mexico and Italy come to mind) where you cannot buy "military calibers" because they don't want there to be a civilian market for a military ammunition stolen by soldiers and sold on. This is why 9x21mm exists, for the Italian market, and why .38 Super is common in Mexico. It was not, however, the reason for .45 GAP.

>google 9x21
lawmakers are like literally retarded

It's actually relatively sensible IF your country has massive corruption problems. It is not about military service calibers being perceived as deadlier, it's about military ammo being worthless on the black market. That's why you only see this rule in countries with large corruption/organized problems.

>sells worn out 9x19 guns to civilians under the table
whoops

Attached: no wrong.gif (281x295, 2.97M)

I always ask myself when I see those dusty boxes of .45GAP on shelves: What the fuck were they thinking? I mean how does such a big company with thousands of engineers, designers, marketing dudes and so on come to the conclusion that their special snowflake cartridge would have more than a snowball's chance in hell to get a piece of cake against the .45ACP?

Naked arrogance. Glock was at the height of their power, and their next move was to create proprietary ammunition, this would be followed by holsters and weapon lights, allowing Glock to supply every element of the "weapon system" to their burgeoning law enforcement client base. They wanted to lock as many agencies as possible into Glock specific ammunition, indeed, .40 GAP and 9mm GAP were planned. The failure of .45 GAP thankfully put a stop to most of this scheme.

45 GAP does not give you more capacity than 45 ACP

It makes sense if you want a .45, but no one does.

The 6.5s are for cucks, and European calibers are generally for retards.
Let's see if you can into math

making the cartridge shorter doesn't do shit for capacity, it's radius is still the same as .45 acp

>6.5 Swede
140gr bullet
2865 fps
160gr
2559fps
2266 ftlbs
OAL 80mm
>7mm-08
140gr bullet
2800 fps
175gr
2595 fps
2617ftlbs
OAL 71mm
And can be reloaded from
.308 brass.
Literally no reason to buy your meme round, when a on magnum short action can outperform your long action.

Mak are ok, but the caliber is trash, 9x19 would be better

youtu.be/sMUEEnXw5pI
10mm BTFO

I see people talking about wiers rounds, I have an idea, if its stolen thatbwoukd suck I miss out on the cash but I want this.
.357 super mag, or something like that, with a longer case that allows more powder, and to allow a bullet to be set further in the case to increase pressure, the attempt would be to make a .357 that can shoot very long and heavy bullets at high velocity, but still be able to shoot .357 mag and .38

Say hello to .357 Remington Maximum. It was was developed in the early 80s in partnership with Ruger, who made Blackhawks in it, but it never caught on.

Attached: 38to357maximum.jpg (656x492, 30K)

Say hello to the modern .45-70. When it's sales started tanking in the 60s Marlin was quick to offer a solution in the form of .444 Marlin. In a funny twist of irony it is now overshadowed by the very caliber it hoped to replace.

Attached: 444 marlin.jpg (300x357, 11K)

A fun round and in some states can be used for primitive season because of straight walled ammunition regulations. Can be found in lever guns but most commonly the single shot handi rifle line of weapons. A fun fact, a .444 lever action rifle was used by Green Beret Jerry Shriver for clearing underground tunnels in Vietnam. Also on his person was no less than 6 revolvers.

Attached: Jerry 'Mad Dog' Shriver.jpg (216x206, 10K)