SHOT Show Preview Thread

P320 AR-15 Edition

Attached: 46277004_743342716022166_3480726014973120439_n-528x660.jpg (528x660, 22K)

Interesting.

That's pretty sweet

if executed well, would buy

I don't see how this is gonna fly

Hahaha what the fuck are they actually serious

I just want to know more about the X02. From what I have heard it will fit in the older X01 chassis and just replaces the side and barrel of the pistol.

Would be nice to have a fixed barrel and hopefully be great to suppress.

>shitty striker triggers in everything
Yeah, why not.

My fucking diiiiick!! Ill even tolerate a shitty left hand meme charging handle instead of where God and Eugene Stoner placed it.

they're just trying to get deeper in bed with the 320 to avoid going back to the 1911

Is there really a reason for this to exist? Why is everyone but going crazy over Sig putting a pistol fcg in an AR...

>be sig
>make same internals for 4 different guns
>have 4 guns where only 1 works at 1 time or have 4 working guns but then... why even bother?

Im not all that thrilled about Sig making stuff for our military in the first place. I dont think they should've gotten the contract. Now they're wanting to touch the rifles too.

Sig Sauer is like Jack Bauer and police kinda crap. Id be okay with them putting MPXs in the hands of SWAT but thats about it.

Might be the 80% crowd? I think the 80% P320 FCG can be finished with a jig and a hand drill, where AR-15s really need a router or mill to do right.
On the other hand, I bet you can buy a router for the price difference between this and a PSA kit, so...
Maybe just a bunch of people who bought a P320 because muh military contract, then realized they don't actually like it?

This. I just dont trust sig, personally.

An answer looking for a problem that only exists because of stupid laws

shoulda went with an '11 six incher
in .450 supermutantcartridge

Attached: tboss-32.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg (700x525, 48K)

Modular guns are trash.

whats the difference between the middle two?

Bottom one you can see a slide implying it's just a pistol shoved in there.
Top one shows a much longer barrel and different breech setup leading me to guess it's a dedicated pcc instead of a handgun with a heavier stock.

Oh boy, an AR you can't drop.

Attached: 1478480571199.jpg (225x227, 6K)

They can't be serious?

I mean, the idea of a drop in trigger pack receiver into a shell of a gun, sure, but using the same exact one from the pistol?

It makes sense from a logistics standpoint.

What do you mean by this? if anything making the FCU work with a rifle of some sort would be easier than making it work with wildly different calibers like 9mm and .45. The mag doesn't have to fit through the FCU with a rifle or anything, it can be treated like a dedicated trigger group. Kinda neat as a civvie being able to buy an FCU that can work with a handgun in 3 different sizes, a shorty PCC, and a full size rifle with all the different parts being shipped to your door.

Personally, I think the major limiting factor is going to be the position of the striker. When using a rifle configuration, you either need to make sure the rear of the bolt is directly in front of the striker or that you have a pocket under the FCG for the striker to sit in. Not an insurmountable issue by any stretch, but it'll be interesting to see how they work within those limitations.

The gun that can go from being a pistol... To a rifle... To an PDW/SMG (or sbr)

The ATF is gonna have a field day with that.
>inb4 200 dollar tax stamp to start with

This sort of thing is already well precedented. If you buy it originally as a pistol, you can swap it between non-nfa configurations all you like.

It's okay to have all of the parts needed to easily assemble an SBR/AOW without it being registered as such, so long as it's not configured that way at any time, and you also have the other parts needed to use all of your parts in non nfa configurations.

For example, don't bring just a pistol and a compatible stock to the range, since there's no point in having the stock other than making the pistol into an SBR. But if you bring the long barrel, too, then the stock could be used for a rifle, so it's all fine.

Attached: neos pistol rifle kit.jpg (640x512, 63K)