Gas adjustments

>gas adjustment
>no gas adjustment

Which is superior and why? I am inclined to so no adjustment is superior to having adjustments.

Attached: standard.jpg (639x480, 72K)

Self adjusting systems are superior

No adjustment. Buy the jp silent spring and a weight or two. Be done with it.

>self adjusting
>code word for wide-the-fuck-open

Looking at you G3 and AK pattern rifles.

How is being able to taylor your gun to every imaginable loading a bad thing? Adjustable is always better.

The best gun currently being made is adjustable.

Attached: Remove-SCAR-Front-Sight-IMG_6521-864x837.jpg (864x837, 80K)

>civilians
like said
>conscript military
Pvt crayon eater had to remediate boot lacing, do you really want him able to fuck with something that effects the function of his rifle? Just over gas the fuck out of if and call it a day.
>trained troops
basic adjustable for normal, suppressed and fuck it to reduce wear and increase reliability in all situations.

right manufacture wrong raifu sempai

>do you really want him able to fuck with something that effects the function of his rifle?

Not only that, but adjustable systems contain additional complexity. That means there are more points of failure, and that production is more costly.

Depending on the application these factors might be very important or they might not matter at all.

Isnt being overgassed a bad thing?

If you don't like replacing worn out parts

The G3 and AK, the two most common over gassed rifles, both have reputations for being rock solid after years of abuse.

However, overgassing something like a FAL or SCAR will result in damage, is this evidence that adjustable systems are also more fragile?

Short term reliability traded for more long term maintenance. G43 is a good example of over gassing going wrong.

>G3
>Over gassed

It's not a gas operated rifle, friend.

>wide-the-fuck-open
>G3
G3 doesn't use gas you fucking mongoloid

Attached: 1543548070495.jpg (540x684, 61K)

That isnt true for all over gassed guns.

Can an AR be over gassed?

Yes

DELET THIS!

Attached: Wildey.jpg (800x430, 119K)

I like to adjust your mom’s shit-trap before I let that ass clap and make my dicc go gat gat gat

>the absolute state of Jow Forums in the current year

I work at a Cabela's and we got a Wildey in .45 Win Mag in to the gun library about two months ago. Honestly one of the sexiest handguns ever made

adjustment is better obviously
if you want your rifle to work in the desert and in the arctic either it has to have adjustment or the setting is set to the max in the factory
and having a simple clickity switch is imho better than having to design your gun around being overgassed to the max
now obviously having 10 different adjustments is fucking crazy, 3 is the absolute max and even 2 might be better 1 for ordinary use 2 for adverse conditions

Attached: f59.png (248x257, 79K)

no such thing

if they were not over gassed they could have been designed to be lighter and cheaper to make

>adjusting gas before it was cool
There were countless different flavors of 8MM surplus in post war militaries.
You could adjust it depending on the grain of the round you were shooting.

Attached: 20180317_234259.jpg (4032x2268, 2.93M)

Somebody post thatagazine article that tested a bunch of guns in crazy low temperature and the galil and valmet were the only two that performed well. Keep in mind that same action also works flawlessly in the desert also.

tl;dr no adjustment is superior