Good Jow Forums vidya?

The playerbase of arma 3 is just getting smaller and the content it has just doesn't meet what most people will want to do with the game anyways. Is there any another games similar to arma that are coming out soon?

Attached: info_bg.jpg (756x473, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/do2NtND1wyg
youtube.com/watch?v=u2308GS32P0
2ndbn5thmar.com/dm/CCMWorkbookMcBreen2002.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

rising storm

Insurgency sandstorm is pretty good

Go to /kmg/ nigger and stop clogging the board with your stupid nogunz questions

No shit, the game has been out almost six fuckin years.
You can only play so much KOTH and wasteland before it begins to take its toll. I have over 2200 hours into the game and I long since played over every scenario and campaign available, even some user created ones like Resist.
I also played with two different clans. It never worked out. Eventually you discover you have problems with people either not taking the game seriously enough and wasting two hours of your time each week or taking it too seriously and having a bug up their ass 24/7.
The game is being kept alive through one of the most dedicated playerbases known to mankind and DLC updates.
Bohemia made a massive fuck up in delaying ArmA 4 and I'm sure they will realize it by 2020 if it isn't out by then.

Attached: arma 3_2.jpg (1920x1200, 755K)

Squad is still in alpha but showing promise.
Made by a lot of the old Project Reality devs

I really hope they don't release ArmA IV until 2020 or later. The mods are finally starting to git good and I'd rather not spend another few thousand dollars upgrading my PC thank you very much.

Attached: Eat Lead Commie Scum.jpg (1920x1080, 880K)

Second this. Rs2 Vietnam is pretty good. They have a fun Christmas map right now. Probably the best game, I think it's like 40v40 or some large number.

Arma 3 is great for one thing, and one thing only. COOP Scenarios and missions vs AI, that you play with friends or a clan you know well.

Anything else is just complete crap, including MP.

Another thing to note is that the modding and mission creating community is what sets Arma apart from others. The game might not be anything special vanilla, but no sane person sticks to only vanilla content.

t. 2300 hours

Attached: Arma3.jpg (752x1063, 109K)

Gta online meta fighitng is shit
>muh ewo
>muh rolling and sniping

but i feel like it gets a few things right like maneuvering in a city with the way you can jump over walls and just general running around in a city but a small thing in a giant sea of rockstar jew shit.

Squad is pretty good assuming your team isnt full of kids

Squad is the closest thing to Arma still alive

Insurgency: Sandstorm is alright (unoptimized though)

War Thunder is pretty Jow Forums. Italian tanks are brilliantly retarded.

I make missions in the editor of choice scenarios and give every troop a unique loadout.
Lately, Ive been larping as a small space force thats been sent to meddle in the affairs of another planets capital/communist cold war, extract resources, and arm or fight rebel groups. The planet's people are armed similarly to 1930s era equipment while my men make use of armas future tech but mostly light vehicles and helicopters.
Most raids are my squads wiping out small towns of unarmed people or being ambushed by rebels.
Good fun but I wish arma did a better job at insurgency tactics with the AI. Theyre set up too much for squad of heavily armed men fighting.

STALKER

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky Screenshot 2018.12.21 - 11.27.22.04.png (1680x1050, 1.13M)

H3VR is actually breddy good
The dev is a pinko though so that kinda sucks

Escape of Tarkov is pretty good.
Still early access and has a LOT of work ahead of it, so if playing an unfinished/unpolished game can turn you off of it permanently, then wait another year, maybe 2.

EFT's devs bit off more than they could chew. A lot of the features that were promised ages ago are now getting implemented, but I believe we are at least a year from when everything that has been announced to date gets implemented. With that in mind, it has probably the most realistic depictions of real-life weapons I have ever seen in a video game, including weapon customization, where you can pretty much change every part to any aftermarket one you desire.

Teamwork?
>Squad and Arma

Solo?
>Escape from Tarkov

Rats?
>War game series

Yep

I love the sheer brutality of the game. You can have a dude decked out in heavy armor, ultra-modded weapon firing round that will shred your armor in a nano-second

And one-tap him with a well placed SKS round.

I was iffy about the game for ages, but recently I have really gotten into it. There is just so much to love.

Caveat: it’s still pretty broken

based, RHS+ACE mod coop with a few friends is what arma is for

They definitely didn't expect the game to succeed the way it did and wasn't prepared to live up to the expectations.
I will say that Nikita definitally has a lot of passion for this game and it's not just a cash grab like a lot of Russian games

Considering the abuse he gets, the man is a saint.

>although it would be fucking great if breach and flash would be a thing

Indeed it is.

>based and redpilled
Currently running ALIVE instead of ACE, should I switch back?

Anybody play foxhole? It's on sale on steam. Me and a couple buddies want to pick it up.

Phantom Pain

>not the original insurgency which is way better than sandstorm
Casual detected.
>RUN THROUGH THE JUNGLE
Only sensible answer so far itt. I pretty much stopped playing any other fps game since trying RS2. There's something about crawling through the jungle to ambush 2 VC squads who are trying to flank your team, taking several of them out and surviving a cat and mouse firefight where you are heavily outnumbered and you are running out of ammo, then seeing them evaporate from danger close napalm.

Attached: Explosion.jpg (774x1032, 184K)

this

Agree with this, Squad is really fun to get in to. They recently added tanks, and helis are on their way in.

Hackers are still an issue unfortunately.

It's always time to remove xenocultists and Jewish puppets

Attached: DlxUNwR.jpg (1275x720, 166K)

DEATH TO VANUNIGGERS

Attached: space marine mug.png (488x519, 160K)

all of the close combats

Post Scriptum has been getting better with updates.
youtu.be/do2NtND1wyg

www.2ndbn5thmar.com/dm/CCMWorkbookMcBreen2002.pd

Close Combat and Learning Infantry Tactics
I have learned more about small-unit infantry tactics from the “Close Combat” simulation than I have from fourteen years of Marine Corps infantry experience.
“Close Combat” is a computer combat simulation published by Atomic Games. The focus of the simulation is on infantry combat at the small-unit level. The series currently consists of five versions: Close Combat I: Omaha Beach, II: A Bridge Too Far, III: The Russian Front, IV: Battle of the Bulge, and V: Invasion Normandy.
I am an infantry major with fourteen years commissioned service, seven years with 5th Marines, three years in schools, and three years as an infantry training officer with the Marine Corps Warfighting Lab. I have deployed overseas with 2nd Battalion, 5th Marines four times. I have commanded two infantry platoons and one rifle company. I have served as a battalion operations officer and regimental operations officer. I am a student of tactics. I have taught NCOs and officers infantry tactics. I have participated and led tactical decision training.
None of these activities or learning experiences can match the effective and focused tactical learning that I have experienced through repetitive fighting of the small unit scenarios in “Close Combat.”

But can you play as a nine month pregnant Anne Frank armed with a Kar98 fitted with a ZF4 scope?

as soon as they get Stalingrad maps I'm buying

Any decent sized groups (20-30 people) that use US Forces 2000s?

Attached: 107410_screenshots_20181202163459_1.jpg (1920x1080, 428K)

if it didnt look like something from 1998 I might agree

EFT is dead. Nikita fucked up and went full USSR on a YouTuber and copyright holders of the stuff in game were notified BSG was using their stuff without permission.

>The copyright strikes that removed at least 47 of Eroktic's videos from his YouTube channel were prompted by his warning to other players of a potential leak of Escape from Tarkov players' data in two separate videos. Battlestate Games holds that this pair of videos contained blatant misinformation, but rather than move to file a lawsuit against Eroktic and issue a clarifying statement to the Escape from Tarkov community, Battlestate instead engaged in a puzzling misuse of the YouTube's copyright strike system.

youtube.com/watch?v=u2308GS32P0

Did the developers say the were adding the eastern front? I thought this game just centered around Market Garden.

*they

>forced to clutch point A on precinct
>shitting self in corner, dropped armor and pouches to spend all my points on a gucci'd uzi
>slapped a stock makarov on there for backup
>security busts in to contest
>unload on the first two while they're jostling each other, both trying to get through the doorway first
>third guy takes cover
>uzi ate all the dang uzi food
>whip out mak
>last security boy leans out from cover and unloads at me
>fire mak from hip and dome the fucker
>mfw

Attached: 1545101550068.png (575x946, 827K)

My melanin enhanced comrade. Skillsuit operatan' all day.

Attached: 1540260436279.jpg (680x907, 68K)

It's not dead yet. And if it is more loot for me! Honestly Both parties fucked up and should have hashed it out better.

>It's not dead yet
Did you get the part where cease and desist orders are going to be coming from the owners of the items featured in game? No content means no game. It's literally the opposite of more loot.

Not the most recent look into my stash but I am one level away from 30.

Attached: 2018-12-13[23-17] (0).png (1600x900, 1.52M)

Care to expand user?

>one level away from 30
So lvl 29?

Well they can change the names and make slight changes to the models if it comes to that(note that I understand that this cost money and time). I am not saying what they did was smart because a lot of there top streamers fought back. Plus only one legit company made any post about it. we shall see. If not I hope that another company just builds the same game without all the bullshit.

What game is that?

Escape from tarkov

>Well they can change the names and make slight changes to the models if it comes to that
lol it'll have to be more than slight now that they're on the radar. We'll see who files lawsuits. Not everyone is going to reply on twitter.

Maybe someone will remake it. Hopefully without going full gear queer. EFT is most fun after a wipe when everyone has shit gear. Dressing up and playing terminator is the antithesis of what that game is supposed to be.

If ya'll ever wanted a proper spaceship combat strategy game, Battlestar is the best thing.

Attached: Deadlock jupiter.jpg (820x461, 105K)

Look up =MARSOC=. Thank me later.

>if it didnt look like something from 1998 I might agree

muh arma fps crap

play close combat

"To augment this practical training however, leaders need to experience the chaotic challenges of combat hundreds of times. As an inexpensive and easy-to-use tool to teach a Marine leader the dynamics of tactics, the “Close Combat” simulation is matchless."

2ndbn5thmar.com/dm/CCMWorkbookMcBreen2002.pdf

I agree wipes are great fun. But I get plenty of jollies on playing factory with nothing but a shotgun and a pocket full of flashbags. And I am looking forward to the new scav boss on interchange. They really need to work on the scavs/hackers/and shit falling through the fucking floors.

Sure, maybe if the AI weren't all omnipotent aimbots

just some stats

Attached: 2018-12-22[00-31] (0).png (1600x900, 1.03M)

LIRU, IS THAT YOU?

Just jumped back in. Having a good time. A TR time

World In Conflict.

>Blacking out your name
Don't be scared, i am sure you have a very pretty name.

Attached: 2018-12-22[07-33] (0).png (2560x1440, 3.04M)

you should try PA. I think they do a pretty job at striking that realism-fun balance.

It’s pretty good, but last I played (like a year ago) the camera sucked

World of Guns

Are there any ArmA communities that are strictly late-Cold War/Gulf War based?

I don't get nearly enough trigger time in BDUs/DBDUs

Attached: us-marine-officers-of-company-h-basic-school-fire-m16a2-rifles-equipped-with-10ee8f.jpg (3070x2030, 3.03M)

Sandstorm sucks and was jever good. I regret wasting my money on the pre-order. Cant even returm it cause I played more than 2 hours thinking it would get better

UO is still alive?!

Pavlov VR -well supported early access VR-couter strike

Also fallout 4 with mods

On console I have been starved for a decent shooter for years now.
I have been stuck playing BF4 since it came out because there's just nothing else. And I'm watching the player base slowly die out.
PUBG is pretty decent gunplay but I fucking hate battle royale. I just want to take PUBGs combat and push it somewhere else. They could make Ukrainian/Syrian war simulator 2019 by making it a team based ordeal, but as is it's so awful to be in at best squads of 4 free for alls.
BFV pissed me off to such a degree that I bought CoD black ops 4 out of spite and it's fucking terrible in every conceivable way.

I swear to god Jow Forums there is a concerted deliberate effort in the games industry to remove "realism" from shooters. They're going to push shit like fortnite forever because it's "fantasy violence" and nobody develops a love for particular guns at a young age.

>VR
>not H3VR
H3VR is the most Jow Forums VR game
>250+ guns, pretty much every category of weapon
>multiple ammo types
>hickok45 themed range
>attachments completely customizable
I can even forgive Anton for being a lefty since hes such good dev.

They are not, unless you have put gheir skill level on max.

Fellow gta online autist here. The main problem with that game as after gun running cuckstar realized that they can infinitely monetize the game by adding endless amounts of unrealistic military vehicles that completely destroy balance. I used to have some sick ass ground game but nowadays what's the point when everyone you fight can just call up a oppressor mk2 with their Mc club or molotok with interaction menu and fuck your shit up with minimal effort? If nobody bought shark cards the game would be so much better but then there wouldn't be money for rdr2 or new DLC. Such is life.

Can't just leave me with that.
Who?
Also I won't say yes to any of these if they enable 3rd person, I've been invited to "realism" clans where that was the case and I also had to address people by rank.
commit suicide

Attached: arma 3_6.jpg (1920x1200, 821K)

What's wrong with it?

my nephews want to go shooting with me because of fortnite. all the little kids into it have a SCAR fixation now

Insurgency has great gunplay and is not as slow as other "tactical" shooters, and besides, with the workshop you can get a lot of variety in the weapon selection.

Attached: IMG_20181222_121934 - c.jpg (4160x3120, 2.58M)

>but then there wouldn't be money for rdr2 or new DLC.
If you can't be in profit after selling literally billions of USD worth of copies, what the fuck are you even doing?

Counter strike source is the only gaim I play

I don't give a fuck about some asshole getting banned. This does not affect the game in any way at all.

Clinging to life by a thread, but yes.

We play every Friday and Saturday.

Attached: Party like it's 1989.jpg (1920x1080, 397K)

I'm sure they said something ablut expanding but frankly French, D-Day, Italians, or even the Pacific Theater would probably be easier and or yield more profit. It would be my favorite game if the pacific theater was added, bombing japs all day.

It is not as good as the original and loses the "feel". Insurgency was intense as fuck. Sandstorm looks prettier but feels more like counterstrike. I pre ordered it to and was so dissapointed after like 30hrs of playing I havent touched it since. My biggest complain is that it seems bullets do less damage and supressive fire doesnt work as well as it did in the first one so the whole game dynamic changes.

Attached: scan0018.png (527x439, 107K)

OPSEC

Ravenfield. Indie game on steam, it’s been fantastic so far. Not a super autistic realistic war game, more like low polygon Battlefield, minus 2018 politics.

Fantastic mod support, cheap, and gives you those classic bad company and Star Wars battlefront PS2 vibes.

no but since this a shill thread for market research I just thought I would let them know

I have it the controls are just too complicated for me I'm dumb

Insurgency has 15 year old graphics and is just a Battlefield hardcore mode except worse in every way

Battlefield has been a small unambitious crapfest since Battlefront 2.

Warthunder still sucks.

BF4 or 3 in hardcore mode is the best current alternative. WW3 is promising but it's graphically way behind as usual.

DCS world with land forces which would be a serious Warthunder is where it should go.

Op here, bought it in august and I still love it.

Thanks for posting that. I just took a look and watched some gameplay. Looks great and 60% off on GoG so I bought it. Time to give the the XCOM genre a go

Loved that game and the campaign!

Attached: wic_0606_both_paradrop2.jpg (734x551, 141K)

Squad and are fun.

Some 2.7k hours in GTA V here, and I'm really sad you guys are right. The game's movement and shooting mechanics are some of the best I've ever seen yet go wasted in freemode with poor balance and ptw vehicles.

When the game came out in 2013, I remember grinding out missions as a level 5 and slowly getting enough money to buy a nice car and some decent guns. I cannot forget how amazing it was to traverse that map with that gameplay and smash petty gangsters for their stuff, getting money slowly but surely.

I still play regularly, running cars and mc businesses for a nightclub, but nothing beats the emptiness of the map during a mission. No players, no chat, no stupid vehicles; it's just you, your car, and your guns, smashing petty gangsters for their stuff.

Project Reality if you like combined arms tactical shooters. It's standalone so you don't need BF2 anymore.

LOL YOU FAGS ARE GOING TO DIE OUT LIKE YOUR SHITTY RUSSIAN SYMPATHIZING GAME

Attached: Yankee Carpet.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

ive been tanking super hard as of late man, shits been so much fun

Attached: gud.jpg (400x284, 11K)

COH3 when?