US mainland invasion

exactly how prepared is the US military to mobilize an orchestrated, effective response/counter attack in the event another nation is able to slip by our defenses and blindside us with a mainland attack? and how would a successful attack on us likely go down? id imagine we'd sustain substantial civilian casualties, not to mention lost military installations, before even getting a chance to formulate a response

Attached: Whiskey_Hotel.png (1680x1048, 1.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_color-coded_war_plans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

im all set

Attached: sfghsfghfgh.jpg (448x591, 124K)

>invade America
sheet man that's a bad idea
1 we all have guns
2 those people you think you disarmed have more guns
3 our people regularly go nuts and fight our own government I couldn't imagine an actual occupation, the streets would run with blood

Literally never going to happen, this is fap material just like Red Dawn

>implying the United States being invaded by a foreign power is a remotely realistic prospect

It's literally the most retarded of any war scenario.

The best anyone's managed has been the Jews having hordes of beaners invade from Mexico but they all wind up joining the Marines for some reason.

Attached: Rafael-Peralta.jpg (300x480, 20K)

im inclined to agree. but there literally has to be a plan in place in the event. if not, we deserve to be reamed

there is Capitol moves to CO and the government goes underground
plan 1 is a traditional military response
plan b is to hunker down and deploy insurgency and shit
secret option z is to nuke ourselves
the US government has a plan for everything including asteroids mega plagues and the Yellowstone volcano
most of the plans include hiding in a bunker and coming out to reclaim the land
its actually kinda depressing when you realize how little America cares for her people
give me a few min ill find a link to all the plans

Attached: deadwhales.jpg (640x960, 170K)

there is like a million articles here is the Wikipedia page
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_color-coded_war_plans

I can see this.
it seems like military training mainly consists of training to be deployed and fighting over seas at out own volition. is it even touched upon in basic or at any point of service careers what will happen or what to do in the even an immediate call to arms at home occurs? I mean we cant even carry weapons on our own bases

>exactly how prepared is the US military to mobilize an orchestrated, effective response/counter attack in the event another nation is able to slip by our defenses and blindside us with a mainland attack?
You know, I've actually put a lot of thought into this lately (yes, autism, I know) and constructing a plausible "Military invasion of the United States" is pretty much impossible without resorting to made-up technology or contrivances which border on being magic. But that's a boring conclusion, so let's talk about it anyway. The 4 states which an invader would have to take down most quickly would be California, Texas, Florida, and Virginia. Why? Because these states contain a very large percentage of America's domestic military bases. They also border large bodies of water, which makes an amphibious invasion force possible.

After taking those 4 states, our theoretical invader would want to quickly move on to grabbing the oil & gas fields. Capturing these areas would effectively cripple the USA's ability to sustain any kind of resistance. Most of them do not border the ocean, so our attacker will most likely have to rely on airborne troops to capture these areas quickly. The number of troops required would be gargantuan. In all areas of combat, civilian casualties would be very high, since the invaders would often have to travel directly through heavily populated areas in order to capture important targets, like major airports.

Attached: map_of_shale_oil_and_shale_gas_wells.png (774x380, 159K)

Listen the Government would have to be much weaker than it is now to get people past our navy and air force.
this thread sucks and its because OP is retarded

Attached: 1541829987745.jpg (1278x1280, 414K)

complacency is a weakness. I believe in preparing for even the seemingly impossible. and if our gov't hasn't done just that then they already are as weak as you claim they'd have to be

we're already being invaded. no one cares.

this question could be solved with a google search
you're retarded and a perfect example of why the government will last forever
long live flouride

yeah, fuck having an actual discussion and comparing ideas and thoughts with other people. ill just read google articles from now on. thanks friend

>t. the government will keep me safe and comfy 4eva

All the world’s militaries could invade simultaneously and we’d still kick their ass

Attached: 54ED9122-6A50-4164-B61C-B0AD298D407F.jpg (1024x768, 183K)

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, simply owning a gun doesn't mean somebody is going to be combat effective. Plenty of gun-owners are hideously overweight. I can't see some fatass going up against Russo-Chinese troops and having a chance of accomplishing another besides getting himself and his family killed.

IT HAPPENED IN RED DAWN!!!

I like smoking poles.

Seriously, quit posting this picture and go for a jog.

Imagine if all the crazy guerilla shit we saw in syria/iraq/afghanistan was done by competent, organized people. It would be beauitful and terrifying.

Now imagine Sof units have been dispersed among the populace to unfatify and train actual militiamen.

>in the event another nation is able to slip by our defenses and blindside us with a mainland attack?
The Mexican government is partnering with several Chinese private-sector companies to fund the dredging of a completely new port in the state of Nayarit to service the country’s Pacific coast. Capable of accommodating up to 18,000 TEU vessels, Puerto Nayarit is slated to become the country’s largest deep-water port and is to be accented by the construction of a new railway to connect the port to U.S. State of New Mexico. Chinese President Xi Jinping has commented on the project, calling it “the first of the Mexico-China Alliance.”

Attached: 1502447943429.jpg (667x684, 79K)

>exactly how prepared is the US military to mobilize an orchestrated, effective response/counter attack in the event another nation is able to slip by our defenses and blindside us with a mainland attack?

No country with an army remotely strong enough has navy anywhere near large enough to bring it here.

If the situation is bad enough that Army units have to actually hide amongst the normal population to survive, then the war is already lost.

Marines
...Stupid short shit manlet bots that pass really shitty physical requirements and get granted citizenship for doing so.
>meanwhile: they should be executed for being intruders.

Get fucked beaners.
We are going to murder all of you niggers

FAT

How about hijacking 4 commercial airplanes?

> I know I know fantasies world stuff

It's good to see you have no idea what you're talking about

And even if they tried, it would be large enough that we'd literally have to see it coming, and we'd say "Hold the fuck up" on the world stage or straight up quell it.

The only way to get to us is insurgency through our shitty land borders across Mexico and Canada. Canada would be the smarter target considering how controversial the southern border has become. But with modern satellite imaging, there's no way to sneak up on us.

Subterfuge is the only viable answer, and it is not easy enough to be viable.

Attached: 1503166051975.jpg (3008x2000, 767K)

Are you fucking retarded? There's SOF units specifically to do just that.

youre being invaded for how many years now, and you dont seem to be doing jack shit about it

nah all of you are pussy ass faggots

No, WE are going to murder all of you white rats

I want an invasion. Ever since MW2 I've had a fantasy of riding around in the winter on snowmobiles shooting at people.

They just need one lucky shot out of a window to even the ratio.

These kinds of questions are silly in the era of nuclear deterrence

Attached: 800px-Minuteman_III_in_silo_1989.jpg (800x1198, 256K)

Mexico is invading right now and you won't do anything to stop them.

>our people regularly go nuts and fight our own government
I think you might not be thinking of the US. Look at what all has been done to us that we should have killed politicians for, but instead we sit around and bitch and dont do anything.

You are retarded if you think a small arms only militia stops a military advance

Who needs a military invasion when you can do a demographic invasion?

Attached: 1471280380223.png (982x1605, 733K)

>These kinds of questions are silly in the era of nuclear deterrence

Not to the anons in this thread.

I mean that's cool and all, but this is a military history thread then because that era is over

>We are going to murder all of you niggers

*laughs in demographic projections*

>moooom look i posted it again

It isn't user. No one is going to invade mainland USA. Rocks off cocks, go have your power fantasy somewhere else.

Are you confused? You're agreeing with me

It would be easy if you bought all the politicians and federal judges. Then push a nation wide anti gun campaign to start limiting what the population can own, dissent met with extreme dick of the law force in this case. Then start flooding the country with people stupid enough to elect the bought and paid for politicians. Next start de industrializing the country and sabotaging its economy. Finally attack the exposed grid of the country. Wait a year then move in. People would kill themselves off fighting over resources etc and there would be large pockets of resistant territory but not large enough where an occupying force would have trouble atleast gaining a foothold.

It just doesn't matter man. It just does not matter at all. There are literal Asian white supremacists, and white black supremacists, and Congolese Republican radical Feminist pimps, and Cajun chameleon ulta-radical Environmental Liberation Front kangaroos.

Attached: Hank-Yoo-768x408[1].png (768x408, 130K)

Yeah well the internet is a hell of a drug.

The sad truth is this: The USA military power made the goverment virtually inexpugnable, but the civillians are expendable in a NK sort. A civilian logistics fail is a possible and likely form of attack.

>Subterfuge is the only viable answer, and it is not easy enough to be viable.
Literal communist is a congresswoman in NY

The same SF units, that made ANA and Iraqi army so effective? Wow, imagine that! No amount of training would make your sheltered coastal limpwrists and sheltered flyover lardasses combat effective.

>have to go against not only the US military but also the small arms militia that would make occupation a fucking nightmare
>also "what is the middle East and Vietcong for 500"

Where the fuck do you idiots keep popping up from?

Viet Cong was dead after Tet and middle east is swarming with military equipment and former soldiers, rifle only militia is worthless and has been worthless forever. Also invasion vs. COIN nigger

Invasion without preparation wouldn't happen America can only fall from within. That's why the democrats do nothing but anti American procommunist things because they're on the chink payroll on record. Russia isn't the enemy china is.

This user playes too many call of dootys

you wish you could be a marine, fucking piece of garbage.

As much as I want to agree, theres a huge difference between Americand training Americans and Americans training Iraqis.

It's almost like people who have something worth defending actually try, muslims have been notorious for being unmotivated and horrible fighters for centuries, westerners not so much, also have you never heard the phrase "never back an animal into a corner" thiers countless examples in history of small groups of people backed into a corner fighting like absolute hell and killing 10-20 times their own number of enemies

Honestly I kinda want a somewhat competent Russian invasion in the south so i can reenact my hardon for red dawn and turning my f150 into a technical using a captured HMG and doing hit and runs then returning to the hundreds of miles of country side just so I can kill Russians and shitpost/borderline war crimes for the hell of it
To bad itd never happen for a few obvious reasons first being
>competent Russian invasion

The communist party isnt exactly new, its extremely small but aside from the cold war stint we've had a communist part but it's only been 1 or 2 chairs at most, hell back in the 30s america almost turned fascist, it's not just Republicans and Democrats

the national guard, police, and gun owners would start fighting backing right away and even if they the enemy force still gained a decisive victory they would have to genocide American citizens or else end up with underground resistance groups and stuff like ieds

Homicidal is more like it. You tell people the can start killing without consequences and a quarter of the us population would go buck wild.

Think of the Japanese during ww2.
Normal americans were wearing jap body parts and decorating things with their skulls.
Not to mention what we did to them and the Germans as official as acts of war.

Is that a populace you would want to piss off?

We’ve got that wall going. Thankfully the Democrats started it so now we just need to finish it.

Do you think missile technician has ever used that as a dildo?

Attached: a-member-of-the-marine-detachment-from-the-nuclear-powered-aircraft-carrier-b03787.jpg (2400x3376, 1.85M)

Following issues with an invasion.
1. We have guns, LOTS of guns. This is private ownership. Even if many are fats or bad, the worst odds are still in the US favor.
2. Everyone and anyone has concealable pistols. Mix of various races with different loyalties which causes issues now with Friend VS Foe identification. Basically stopping all local travel/business will bring your invasion to a halt.
3. Block by block searches in a city or suburb would be a nightmare. Rural would be just as bad with experienced hunters floating about. Just too many places to hide and next thing they know a clean area is now front lines again.
4. Supplies, those easiest to pacify are the ones very badly prepared or are already used to government handouts. This cost will be huge just to keep some loyal. Failure to do so will result in theft, attacks and sabotage out of spite.

The Army/Marines will take longer to respond but the Nat. Guard is always somewhat prepared. People on base here stateside as well will be quick. The second a citizen sees and reports weird people with guns, uniforms, and armored vehicles the news will spread like wildfire and an immediate reaction by our home forces will occur.

So.... whats the actual strategic goal of the invasion? That will determine a large part of how the invasion will have to be conducted and what unique challenges the attacker/defenders have to face

>The second a citizen sees and reports weird people with guns, uniforms, and armored vehicles the news will spread like wildfire

won't the cops react at that first. Also isn't there some kind of law that says the NG can''t react until some one higher up gives the go ahead?

also would be intresting to see how usa would react if it did get invaded. They never been invaded or have had to suffer war. look at 911 that happened even tho it's unbelivable

Attached: efe44896eff6f470f3f33562dc512b42.jpg (456x640, 62K)

>Exceptions are the rule