Strongest rail system?

Is a legitamatley strong rail system that doesn’t flex (a lot)? One that holds zero for lasers and optics?

Call me newfag ingnorant, but I’ve read a lot of shitposting about BCM sand MI rails. I know SOCOM did that study between keymod and m-lok for strength, and are now all about Jizzelle rails on the Block III uppers.

Is something like the RIS II from DD really that strong, and worth the weight? Or am I just being a turd and overthinking this whole thing.

Welcoming the hate, and I’m genuinely curious.

Attached: AC392CA7-818B-43CA-94C5-EBDF93BB73D0.jpg (1100x440, 38K)

Correction: Lasers and optics, and by optics, I mean irons.

You want the strongest rails? Go with a quality monolithic upper

It is a legitimate concern. I have a MKII jizzelle with irons and i throw the thing around in the desert and into my truck all the damn time. Still zeroed. If youre serious about a dependable weapon, spend the money. Pic related, sorry about my shitty ass phone pic.

Attached: 20180919_190428.jpg (3264x1836, 1.26M)

Use the rail that the factory attached to the top of the upper, that has worked best for me.

I hear ya. I’ve look at LMT, and VLTORs offerings. Any others to consider?

Attached: 043C49E7-1C4C-4D49-8C4F-F862008EE547.gif (400x215, 884K)

Gen 1 UBR?

Attached: 53A16550-9E2D-4125-BCDB-CF64FA630F7C.gif (245x257, 630K)

Leverage and torque can be a bitch. That relatively minor force applied at the end of a 15" rail is a major force back at the barrel nut. Some of these super lightweight longboi rails definitely will flex.

Attached: torc.gif (398x287, 17K)

Colt 6940 is solid. It's not gucci but if you want a basic carbine with monolithic rail it's a good option.

Its a Gen2. Is there something i should know about a gen1??

Sweet, thanks user

Nah, not really. They were (still are?) pretty gucci due to sheer cost, and they're heavy (can help balance a front heavy gun).

Some people like the Gen 1 looks better but I think the price is being driven up by High Power Service Rifle shooters because the Gen 1 can hold more lead weight.

Ahh, interesting. I never thought that competition guys would add weights to the compartments, but makes sense. Learn something new everyday.

Attached: More-You-Know.gif (480x337, 1.04M)

If you're concerned about rail flex and durability, the RIS II works fine but there are better options. For the money it's pretty much left to the cloners. As mentioned the Geissele is probably the best option in terms of weight, price, durability, and rigidity. Here's a RIS II barrel nut vs Geissele's "totally not stolen from HK" barrel nut. If Geissele isn't your bag, the URX 4 is great, the wedge locks like Hodge defense are great, and obviously the monolithics like LMT are great as well.

Attached: MK8vRISII.jpg (3719x2092, 1.6M)

You want a monolithic rail.
But to be honest, just about any rail that isn't some no-name chinesium shit will hold zero for lasers and optics under 300 yards.

gen2 looks like utter shit aesthetically compared to the gen1

the DD RIS II and the Geissele MK rails are the two most robust and solid rails you can get. the DD rails are older, heavier, and more expensive, but has the Tacticool look.

Geissele MK rails are newer, lighter, cheaper, but in my opinion, don't look as good. both rail systems are bombproof, and they are the only rails i use for serious use

Pics don't lie, thanks user.

I'll take another look at KAC and the URX rails. Ol' GarandThumb did a glowing review of the SR15 (whether or not he's 100% impartial, is a topic for another thread).

Right on, thanks for the feedback.

As I said in the first post, I'm probably overthinking this, but my thinking is building the most robust rifle I can. LAVs torture test of the DDM4 while he was sponsored by them, is pretty telling. I know it's tough, but, is it the best out there currently? Best, being a relative term, of course.

Best for a normal civvy, which is me. Never have been, never will be a high speed dude, who needs the best of the best. However, it's all commercially available; why not do a little larp and have the cool shit?

Pic for GWOT small arms aesthetics

Attached: 24644152550_2491836a96_h.jpg (1600x812, 369K)

Monolithic uppers are the future

if I was you, id go for the DD RIS 2 rail system. quad rail is more robust than mlok, and the DD rail is extremely robust. i got a DD rifle and i love it, id highly recommend the rail system, even if it is old

Attached: 20181121_185345 (1).jpg (4128x2322, 2.57M)