Are MP shields any good...

are MP shields any good? I don't have single a stack pistol and my local gun store has them for $279 right now before tax. Also would 9 or 45 be the better option?

Attached: image.jpg (500x500, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BYCCQjx0M8M
youtube.com/watch?v=ok5QQKtkVP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good but not perfect.

Pretty dang good. 45 makes more sense since youll only gain 1 bullet for 9.

Only complaint I've heard is the trigger is shit. I could always replace it with something better.

They’re one of the three best single stack nines out in the market, next to the G43 and PPS. Since it’s a subcompact pistol where capacity and shootability is compromised due to its small size, the 9mm option is a no brainer.

Make sure to get a quality holster for it. Dark Star Gear and JM Custom Kydex make high quality ones for the Shield.

Attached: 80F75CFC-5C66-4F2B-9CE8-FF69326B3DC8.jpg (3264x2448, 2M)

Like my 9. It's my CC and it's better than the Glock 43. I'd say it's the best gun in it's class.

>Only complaint I've heard is the trigger is shit. I could always replace it with something better.

I’m , the trigger is fine for most people. Most people being people who cannot use a gun to its fullest potential. That being said, an Apex sear cleans up the trigger very well for only $40.

Just understand people don’t know what they’re talking about when complaining about a trigger because they assume a striker has to be like a good SA

It’s fine, faggot. Just buy it.

I cc one. I didn't armchair research it by comparing the dimensions in mm and shit. I shot the fuck out of them both and I compared a handful of my best and worst paper targets for each gun and I shot slightly more consistently with the shield for whatever the fuck reason

My only regret is getting the model with the safety because its what my lgs had

the pull itself is on par with 95% of every other sub $1k pistol on the market, but the mp hinged trigger is the most retarded design since trigger-activated weapon lights

Yeah, I think glock 43's are better though. Smaller and easier to conceal, since the point of single stack subcompacts is deep concealment

DO NOT MODIFY TRIGGERS ON CARRY GUNS. it's fine to modify the trigger for a range gun, but keep carry guns with stock parts. They will be more reliable and modified triggers can sometimes fuck up which is not what you want. Learn to shoot stock.

>DO NOT MODIFY TRIGGERS ON CARRY GUNS.

Lol. I have a 3.5 connector on my G19 that I carry. Also have the competition trigger group on my PX4’s lolololol

It is one of the best concealed carry pistols in existence. They are 2mms wider then the bullets on either side.

>DO NOT MODIFY TRIGGERS ON CARRY GUNS.
Fuddlore that will not die.

They're fine.
Just get the non-California model and in 9mm. Pocket guns are annoying enough to shoot in 9mm, no use beating up your hand for 1 less round in your magazine.

It isn't fuddlore that lightening a trigger makes it easier to engage, which is where the issues generally occur. The talk about it fucking you in court will only be applicable if you accidentally shoot something you shouldn't.

>later that same evening
"Yep, I've been carrying my trusty colt 1911 for years now- wouldn't trust anything else"

Get a P365. Round the same size with a 1.5(?) stack mag.

> t. handlet

Honestly, I think you're better off with a .380 ACP pistol over one of those tiny single-stack 9x19's.

You don't need a gun that small for cc. more bullets is ALWAYS better. get a doublestack compact 9mm and a good holster. If you're committed to buying a gun that small don't get the .45 as you might as well carry a revolver.

Why?

If you can't hit someone with 10 rds of 9mm + a backup mag, you shouldn't be carrying period

>If you can't hit someone with 10 rds of 9mm + a backup mag, you shouldn't be carrying period
Why would you assume this has anything to do with preferring .380 in small carry pieces? Are you trying to be retarded?

He should probably get a gun that works instead
>need
I mean I agree, but some people have different wants, not needs. But really, get a fucking g26.
>is actually shorter
>just a tiny bit wider
>10 rounds flush
>as many as you want with a backup mag, go fucking crazy and carry a 33 rounder if you want

I have a CGW Pro Package in my RAMI tuned to have .5mm of takeup in DA. Shit is lit.

>the pull itself is on par with 95% of every other sub $1k pistol on the market
Absolutely not. Its not even up there with the good stock striker triggers.

>I mean I agree, but some people have different wants, not needs.
I just don't understand people who WANT to rely on less gun. I genuinely believe people who go for shields and the like do so out of a disbelief that they can CC a bigger gun and a refusal to try.

I love mine as an EDC. It is small and slim which means you can carry it just about any way you want. I usually go IWB but have also put it in an ankle holster and pocket carried it. The only time it really prints is with something like a Nike dry fit shirt or in a pocket. I put a TLR6 on mine and it just looks like a phone/wallet in some basketball shorts pocket.

Even though it's small and slim it fits well in the hand with the larger mag that it comes with. It is super easy to take apart and keep clean.

Shoots well and takes every type of ammo I've put through it just fine. Very easy to line up a shot. The gun just feels natural in the hand. I have no done anything to the trigger but I've never really felt the need to.

I've seen them going online for about 250 and might honestly pick up a second one. I highly recommend it.

Also mine is 9mm

Considering it's one of the best selling hand gun of 2018 I'd wager it works fine.
Quit buying into shit Jow Forums memes.

>quit buying into facts, buy into blind fanboyism instead

selling and working are two different things. I know 1 person dumb enough to buy one and it started choking on fiocci ON THE FIRST RANGE TRIP. He literally has not been able to get a mag through it.

Cool anecdote bro, I know someone who bought one and it eats up whatever they stick in it. Look, I can do it too.
Okay, give me the proofs.

youtube.com/watch?v=BYCCQjx0M8M
youtube.com/watch?v=ok5QQKtkVP0

your move

I'm not going to waste an hour watching this. Give me a tl;dw?

tl;dw
It doesn't fucking work, the internet is full of people whose sigs don't work, Sig has acknowledged they don't fucking work and is fixing it, it's still not fixed.

SIG is fast becoming the new Rustington.

Attached: r51-rightview-1-660x495.png (660x495, 305K)

He's being retarded. Early P365s had some issues, but the newer ones are all fucking great.

I carry with the baseplate extender for my pinky and get 12+1 of 9mm in a Shield sized package. It's awesome.

Attached: anime girls commie block.jpg (700x393, 30K)

If you want a single stack compact for CC there are better options.

>pps
Hot garbage, g43, EC9s, PF9, and kahr CM9 are the top tier of si glen stack compact 9s.
Shield is next tier down, ok but not the best you could get.

PSA has the shield for $249 right now

>M&P shield 45
>longer
>wider
>less capacity
>only model available has integral laser
>more expensive because laser
>even more expensive the. The 9mm shield with laser
Dropped

My buddy has one and I've shot it. He likes it for EDC and it's fine to shoot. Trigger wasn't the best, but it's adequate. I'd say go for it if you can get it for cheap.

Really hard to go wrong with a shield. Especially less than $300. 9 or 45 is personal preference.

The shield 45 has what I consider the ideal grip width

get whichever one doesn't have the safety

Checked. They're decent, they don't have the best trigger but for most people they're fine.

I like my shield in 9mm. It's a great CC gun.

Attached: edc.jpg (1008x756, 349K)

>EC9S is top tier

Attached: Screenshot_20181221-114541~2.png (1440x1205, 637K)

Does anyone know if the front site is pinned (yes, I'm aware it's dovetailed)? I cant get mine to move left, I'm afraid to beat on it any harder.

>One of the best
Kekd
You got cucked

Shitty trigger shitty capacity shitty materials. Okay reliability.

Sig p365 masterrace

Spend a little bit more for the 2.0 version, 100% worth it.

Mirin that sandwich

Yes just buy it and then buy another set of two (2) 8 round magazines and then buy the Hyve or whatever magazine extender you want to make 10 rd magazines and call it a day and then go shoot.

Not him, but I have my eye on the Shield 2.0 Performance package. I already own an VP9sk for every day carry, but I want to carry at work, yet I wouldn't dare risk waistband carry. I need a very slim, very small pocket carry gun that no one will ever see, and the shield is that gun.

I just haven't bought one yet cause I'm in a conundrum. Left pocket is for my keys and my excalibur. Right pocket is for my 6" phone. Back left pocket is for my wallet, which leaves no room for a mini pocket gat. If I put that Shield with my phone, it'll scratch it up bad. If I put the Shield with my keys, I risk negligent discharges and pulling it out if the keys get caught in it. And back pockets are a no go since I don't want to be sitting on top of my gun.

Lol have fun with your shattering firing pins fag

Have fun with your shitty memes and lower capacity.

Phone case to protect it from keys. Or are you are gonna have to get one of those dorky phone holsters that mount on your belt.

I already have a phone case but it doesn't cover the screen. I'm also taking my phone in and out of my pocket multiple times a day at work. I thought about belt holsters for my phone. It just feels like crap having to hide my gun in my car and putting it back IWB after work, since I need to undo my pants to get it all fit right. Maybe I should just say fuck it and get a fanny pack. Perhaps pants with extra pockets?

Mama G's was my go to for years

It's pretty good, but you can make it even better by swapping in an apex trigger

I like my 45 shield

Attached: M&p45shield.jpg (4128x2322, 2.64M)

Op here, no sig p365. When I worked at the gun store we had lots of people bring them back with broken firing pins

Get key clip for belt, or a smart key

sig are niggerjews never buy their shit

Let me guess, you feel personally attacked because of your non-glock purchase and need to continually validate it

i own shield 9mm carry it on me anywhere and everywhere fits anywhere i want it any o'clock position is a comfy draw with either hand

live in florida so usually wearing white tee, khaki shorts, and flip flops...you could never tell its on me

buddy owns a sig p320c wears baggy white tee and baggy jeans usually and it's always obvious

it's too heavy for constant carry and casual living...

you literally have to live around the idea that you're carrying instead of just having something on you in case of an emergency

you can get hyve mags that make it either 11 or 10 a stack on the shield...which would be plenty even if 4 cholos cornered you

it's not the best but i love its convenience

not nearly as accurate as a full sized at any real distance and took some getting use to with the unextended mag due to my lage hand size

Thought I was going to hate the trigger ended up not really minding it, had a nice break and reset shot quick and hasn't malfunctioned after 600 rounds or so various ammos

have the notoriously hated safety edition I have a rule that when it leaves my body it goes on...and vice versa...good habit for at home and the range

thanks for listening

tl;dr get it fgt

I have the same CYA holster but in black can recommend quality company went a long way to accommodate my left hand and light choice on another order

Didn't say shit about lightening a trigger. Post said not to modify them AT ALL. There are thousands upon thousands of modified triggers that are both as reliable as factory and better than factory for a myriad of reasons

My only real compliant, and that's been fixed with the 2.0.

I cc one.
And imho the trigger could be better.

It's good. I rather and I do carry the compact instead.

>no safety
Sorry, that's gonna be a big nope from me.

I like mine but I rarely carry it because I like my J-Frame better. Might sell it though. I've got my eye on a Jericho.