How many of y'all think that just thinking your guns are cool is enough to buy them...

how many of y'all think that just thinking your guns are cool is enough to buy them? Obviously actual usefulness is important but a lot of us just think like the aesthetic, right? That's why I'm saving to buy one of these bad boys

Attached: 411539878.jpg (450x235, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/794233637
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Absolutely.

Nothing wrong with that. I own a few guns for "practical purposes" and the rest is just stuff I bought for fun.

Hell yeah. I mean, after I got my AR, and my hunting rifle, and my carry, and my shotgun, what the fuck do I need practical for? Now I just buy guns I think are fucking cool.

I do. I have the functional and efficient guns. Now I just buy, carry, and use guns I think are cool. Usually efficacy is only marginally affected since I love cold war guns.

that's what I've been thinking. I've got my AR, hunting rifle, and a CZ 75 for my semi auto but my buddies are giving me shit for wanting a Schofield. I just think cowboy guns are cool

I would rather carry a nickel plated schofield with ivory grips than any other handgun.

A firearm can be just as much a useful tool as it can be an art piece.
Schofields are sexy. Do it.

So, if you buy a Schofield, will said friends NOT want to put some rounds through it? Because I seriously doubt they won't ask you to put a cylinder of ammo down range.

no offense but your buddies are fucking gay

Just like anything people butt stuff because they think they're cool. I have a couple guns just for that reason.

Of course they would. The main argument is I should at least get a more modern double action revolver "just in case" like that shit will ever happen. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Remington R8 but that's just not what I want right now.

fuck me, it's Smith & Wesson, not Remington

Pfft, nah man. You got your needs covered, get whatever you fucking want.

It's not like if SHTF tomorrow your R8 would be more important than the guns you already have. That'd be real fucking low on my priority list.

yes, after you fill all realistic practical needs with a glock, AR15, rem 870, and savage 308, the only criteria left for buying guns after that is purely aesthetics and "cool" factor

I don't even like wild west era guns and I think your friends suck.
I have a friend who is trying to collect all the notable guns from the metal gear games. I love the games but I think that's a dumb idea but I don't shit on him for it

Practical is just another way of saying boring.

Attached: Auto Mag 180.jpg (3334x1943, 1.99M)

>I have a friend who is trying to collect all the notable guns from the metal gear games
OOF. That's going to be an expensive collection. The FAMAS alone is going to cost him an arm.

Absolutely.!

Attached: 1545174574606.jpg (600x534, 80K)

Yup. And hard to find. And some guns only not quite the same versions. Like the socom. That LAM for the Mk23 is practically non-existent.
That's why I think it's dumb. I don't want a mk23 with another laser light. I want the goddamn socom.

I only buy guns I like. My first handgun was a practical M&P and I only keep it around because it’s my first.

This is why i love Jow Forums.

Guns are practical, usable works of art. Form and function combined into one.

Also, fuck yeah get a revolver. Do your friends know how goddamn FUN they are?

Attached: i2OUaho.jpg (1366x768, 80K)

>actual usefulness is important
WRONG

If you're a poorfag and can only afford a few guns maybe. If you're not a poorfag you can buy some really cool but utterly useless guns like old wheelguns in pussy calibers like .32S&W long. Or maybe buy an old gun that's so fucked it would be dangerous to shoot but it just looks cool and you hang it on the wall like art.

Look at this piece of shit I just bought. It's a pre victory S&W chambered in .38S&W that had the barrel chopped, new sight added and the cylinder reamed out to accept 38spl. Since bubba cut off the barrel so short it's missing the front locking lug I don't know if I'll get it into shootable condition. I have some shims on the way to try to tighten up the fit of the yoke to the frame to make it safe to shoot. It's currently in an oil bath. Tomorrow I'll be taking it apart, buffing off rust and generally cleaning it up. I figure even if I can't get it shooting it will make a great DA dryfire toy to keep my gunhand strong for my actual working guns lol.

Attached: pix250720821.jpg (567x425, 81K)

If I only bought the best, most practical guns, my collection would be a lot less interesting.

Attached: 1.jpg (3264x1836, 2.96M)

I collect antique arms. Yes they are fucking cool. Yes they bring the most violent and exciting parts o history alive in a very real sense. They also go up in value more that the stock and bond markets and the hobby connects me with very intelligent and passionate history and weapons experts. I don't plan on killing anyone or anything with them. They are just cool in every way imaginable to me. Buy old swords, bayonets, armour and flintlocks and percussion guns anons. Do it. You will never look back..

Definitely.
Once you have an AR, sidearm, and shotgun of your preference basically everything after that is meme value and cool value.

This. I have my Glocks and my ARs as my first guns, now I’m going to buy a bunch of stupid fucking revolvers because they’re my favorite.

>stupid fucking revolvers

Buy this one. It's the stupidest one I've seen in a while...

gunbroker.com/item/794233637

oh man. my father bought this gun like 40 years ago. what a colossal pile of shit trigger :(
Its like HK got raped by hi-point and had a bastard child.

It's honestly one of my favorite handguns.

Attached: 4.jpg (3264x1836, 2.2M)

It's the H&K staple gun.

>the world’s first striker fired polymer handgun has a terrible trigger!!1

Fun fact: 1911’s didn’t always have buttery smooth single actions

Life is too short to own boring shit. Let's be real, this is a hobby for us might as well enjoy yourself.

I'm usually strictly practical and don't care about coolness, but I did buy two guns to fulfill my needs for silliness. A .44 revolver and an elephant rifle.

That's basically the only reason I buy firearms, is if I think they're fucking cool or not. I don't carry (yet) and any of my guns I currently have will work for home defense, so why bother buying anything but cool stuff?

>Revolvers

Do EET

Attached: 100_2492.jpg (2048x1536, 943K)

If you get that gun working it is your sovereign duty to convert it into a Bubba Fitz special and carry it in an ankle holster as a back up.

The whole reason I bought it was to Fitz it. Been looking for a suitable candidate for a while now. I'm gonna hold off on fitzing it until I see if I can get the crane tightened up because I may decide to rebarrel it and get something else to fitz. That old long stroke S&W action is buttery smooth and it would be a shame to leave it as a paperweight.

Attached: Fitz Special6.jpg (639x426, 50K)

I just bought a Schofield 7 inch barrel in .45lc and I absolutely adore it. Its so much fun to shoot

Anyone who gives you shit for wanting a new gun is a jealous poorfag. If you have the money, go for it.

get new friends

Your friends are faggots, you have your practical guns, just have fun.

Once you cover the bases that's basically all that's left, man.

can confirm, my 1933 manufacture Colt commercial model has an 8 pound pull, it's short and crisp though

Attached: colts80yearsapart.jpg (3640x2730, 550K)

Revolvers are cool, not my favorite, but cool.

I also just decided I would rather have some cash in collectors guns rather than mutual funds right now.

Attached: KCobra.jpg (1613x1210, 545K)

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BUYING SOMETHING BASED ON PERSONAL TASTE. All these faggots complaining when people buy "impractical" stuff with "no tactical application" don't know what they're missing out on. Some of the most cool and beautiful guns I have ever seen aren't necessarily practical designs, or are dwarfed in practicality by modern designs. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. I'd personally have more fun with (and be more proud of) a small collection of cool as fuck 1800's era muzzleloading/BPC repro firearms than one Gucci AR.