Since they don’t do stainless blackhawks in .45 colt anymore...

Since they don’t do stainless blackhawks in .45 colt anymore, how durable is the new vaquero using average Winchester white box?

Attached: A4F09BC4-EF59-4DD4-A1F7-445750B499EB.jpg (600x274, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

riflemagazine.com/magazine/PDF/HL_234_preview.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0
youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
ballisticsbytheinch.com/44mag.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>how durable is the new vaquero using average Winchester white box
>factory loads in a Ruger
Is this an actual question?

Attached: not sure if serious.jpg (500x224, 53K)

Yeah I’m just wondering. I heard I should only use cowboy action loads in the new ones.

Also, if I decide to go 357/38, how strong is it compared to a gp100 and a Blackhawk?

>I heard I should only use cowboy action loads in the new ones.
what complete fudd told you this?

there is 0% chance that you will ever fire enough ammo out of a vaquero to do any damage to it that a gunsmith (or an amateur with youtube) couldn't fix in five seconds

>I heard I should only use cowboy action loads in the new ones.
That has to be pure bullshit.

What about buffalo bore .45

riflemagazine.com/magazine/PDF/HL_234_preview.pdf

Long story short, you can shoot stiff handloads, but not shit hot +P stuff.

Also how strong are they compared to a Blackhawk 357 or gp100?

Only noguns newfags worry about durability. I can promise you that the chances you will ever wear out a revolver are very fucking low unless you're a professional competition shooter with sponsored ammo. If your goal is a lifetime of nuclear level handloads though you should just suck it up and buy a .454 to shoot your 45LC in.

Well it’s between this and just saying fuck it and buying an Alaskan .44 snubby because ammo is the same price, so I may as well get the more durable gun.

Get a 44 vaquero. Mines built on a super blackhawk frame.

Get the 454 Alaskan for maximum dakka.

Attached: Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan.jpg (3000x1651, 330K)

I know I want a .357 and a .44, and I want a cowboy gun and a swing out cylinder DA revolver, so it may be a Blackhawk .357 to be an actual target/deer gun and Redhawk Alaskan .44 as a hand cannon for fun

If you want to dip your toes into spinboi heaven for not much monies get a used Model 10.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0

youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

Attached: Model 10.jpg (1024x647, 178K)

Since we’re on Ruger and sixguns in general here I was wondering if anyone knew how effective .44 mag out of a 5.5 inch barrel is.

I do a lot of fishing in areas with bears and I want a Ruger Blackhawk because I’m tired of lugging around my shotgun everywhere but I may as well do some hunting with it.

>how effective .44 mag out of a 5.5 inch barrel is.

VERY

ballisticsbytheinch.com/44mag.html

Well, there goes my reservations. That doesn’t even have those absurd 340gr buffalo bore rounds either.

Attached: 54E00B1C-E67C-4B48-B2EC-FEF575BDE357.jpg (2000x1000, 139K)

I was curious as well. I’d like a .44 for black bear hunting, and was looking at a Redhawk with the 5.5” barrel. Having trouble deciding between that and the Blackhawk, basically between a cowboy gun and a Dirty Harry gun.

Isn’t the regular Redhawk stronger than the Blackhawk?

>Isn’t the regular Redhawk stronger than the Blackhawk?

They will both eat anything you feed them. You're over thinking this shit. Buy whichever one gives you chub.

The Redhawk and Super Blackhawk are comparable, you’re thinking of the Super Redhawk which is stronger than the Super Blackhawk because it’s made for .454 Casull.

The hottest commercial .44 Magnum loads available, 340gr Buffalo Bore +P+, is safe to shoot in both the Redhawk and Super Blackhawk.

On the topic of magnum rounds (before my lunch break ends)

Would a .44 magnum round out of a Redhawk Alaskan be enough to hunt black bear within 15 yards?

If not, what about .357 through a 6” barrel?

.44 magnum is plenty on Black bear.

Here's the real breakdown:

The Full-size Superbalckhawk, Vaquero, Bisley Vaquero can take .44 mag or .45 colt to 325 grain@1400 fps

The newer, slightly smaller Vaquero will take all the .357 you can buy and then some.
.44 special and .45 colt 250 gn/1000 fps. Handle them both and you'll see there's a big difference in how large, long, and heavy the older SBH-sized fame is.

Now, if you're only plinking, why bother with the larger frame? For that matter- get the Lipsey's vaquero witht the .357 and 9mm cylinder- even cheaper ammo.

325@ 1400 fps will take the gun over vertical in recoil. It's impressive. But the smaller vaquero is the same size as a Colt SAA, lighter, easier to carry all day, and easier to stuff in your waist band in a pinch.

From a 2 inch barrel?

What about .357?