Every infantry rifle/carbine ought to have a side mounted magazine

Every infantry rifle/carbine ought to have a side mounted magazine.
Half the benefits of a bullpup but none of the downsides.
Works just like a conventional rifle or carbine but is four inches shorter
As a side benefit, changing magazines while prone is easier.

Attached: Image1071.jpg (700x455, 162K)

Mag in your face is kinda bad

I can't really think of a reason why not.

having all the weight on one side makes it unbalanced

it also makes it much more awkward to carry

you'r face is behind the mag
>unbalanced
Even in full rifle calibre everyone who has handled the fg42 comments that the gun does not feel off balance.
>awkward to carry
just different.

General issue rifles need to be as ambidextrous as possible this is the only true reason why that wouldn't work.

>Even in full rifle calibre everyone who has handled the fg42 comments that the gun does not feel off balance.

Well there you go, since you read a couple comments on the internet concerning 1 gun built 70 years ago I guess we need to convert "Every infantry rifle/carbine" to a side-mounted mag.

You must make a lot of money at whichever big brain company you work at.

yeah i bet cheeking up to that thing for 6 hours with that slight torque on your wrist wouldn't be comfortable.

side mounted magazines are completely ambidextrous given that they've got the proper ejection pattern which is easy to design into the gun by just adding a deflector or choosing the correct ejection mechanism

>can't use mag as a monopod
>rifle takes up a lot more space
>mag will slam into your back, hip, knees, everything when marching
>can't lay weapon down on its side without the chamber being in the mud
I think I'm just fine with what we have now.

>this thing is unbalanced
>everyone who has actually handled this thing says that it is not unbalanced
>ur dumb
well okay then

there's more to ambidextrous rifles than just the ability to shoot them.
manual of arms needs to be conducive to fighting, not resistant.

You say that but reaching all the way over the top of the weapon and to the other side with my right hand to change the magazine in the prone position kind of sounds meh

all of the controls can be made ambi and using your firing hand to change the magazine is not fucking "resistant to fighting" unlike your mallninja tacticool high speed low drag shooting class instructor told you

Attached: P1090192-900x600.jpg (900x600, 117K)

nigga you got two hands do you fucking not?

Attached: download (2).jpg (214x235, 10K)

If you have a mag in, how is this different from any other rifle?

>unironically uses mallninja
>unironically suggests horizontal mags
i see you're a retard

>using your firing hand to change the magazine
i see you're also a nonserve, you probably dont even own guns and try to shoot them as a lefty for fun. sort yourself out user

Attached: 241.png (484x365, 158K)

>can use mag as a monopod
>rifle only takes up a lot of space "vertically"
>mag doesn't slam into anything because it's not side mounted
>can lay down on your weapon and lay it down on the side because there's not a mag sticking out

The idea is to not take your hand off Fire control

and that is retarded mallninja shit
the gun ain't gonna go nowhere if you let go of the grip.
before semi autos you had to remove your firing hand from the gun every damn shot and when you were reloading. Bolt actions could have easily been made so that you can operate the bolt with the left hand but why bother since there is literally nothing wrong with using the right hand

Yeah I'm sure if you call timeout everyone will wait for you to Fumble around with your reload

you're delusional
reloading with the firing hand is not any slower
and there might even be less fumbling around since it is your dominant hand

No, what you said is that "Every" rifle should be this way because you were told that 1 rifle is not unbalanced.

That's the most retarded shit I've heard all day.

Why?

So you can fire the weapon while it's empty and in the middle of being reloaded? Lmfao get the fuck out of here with this faggot shit.

>you only reload when you're completely out of ammo
Why do you even attempt to argue about these things if you're completely ignorant?

I guess the Army, Marine Corps, the Navy, Colt FN, H&K and pretty much every other modern Firearms manufacturer got it wrong.
You win this one internet stranger.

it does not make the rifle unbalanced even in full rifle calibre
i said that every rifle should have it because it offers significant advantages
are you retarded?

Or you could just bot be a retard and rotate the gun 90 degrees to the right.

OH WOW you're even dumber than I thought!

Yeah buddy, better keep your finger on the trigger for that extremely common situation in which A) you have enough time to reload your magazine, and yet B) you are suddenly jumped by a bad guy C) who can be stopped by a single bullet. Happens all the time!

yeah they're dumb as hell
the marines just adopted a damn piston operated AR made by H&K if you need any more proof of their retardation you might be a tard yourself

No, you're the retarded one for continuing to defend what was obviously a thoughtless post that you put no more than 2 seconds and 2 brain cells into.

Oh you mean like it already is on the fucking AR-15? Damn that might work

considering DI has no significant real advantages over piston (different recoil, less weight, cheaper, 0.25 moa improvement maybe) while having a massive real disadvantage (need to clean shit out of the bolt and receiver more often or your supposedly well sealed rifle gets dirty), maybe they aren't dumb

DI is for fucking target rifles

hes a special boy, cut him some slack

Im not apart of the argument, Im just advising you on how not to reload a weapon in a retarded manner

your argument was that the gun was unbalanced, i btfo'ed that argument, do you have anything else?

That would make the port face upward like a bren not downward.

yeah sure but the problem is that they took a fucking AR, which is not designed for piston, and hamfisted a piston in there, they're retarded, simple as that
either make a new gun like they did later with the 433 after they realized their retardation or keep the piston

This is the most autistic thing I have ever seen, and the best part is the OP genuinely does not understand why he's a retarded mallninja for wanting muh 90 degree mags.

>take design
>make it better
>B-b-b-but it still l-looks like an AAAAAY ARRRRREE
Seriously nigger?

>muh 90 degree mags
what the fuck are you talking about retard

>make it better
they didn't do that though you dumb nigger

You're clearly some dumb cunt who found out about the Sten last week and think for some godawful reason that a 16 cent pipe gun is meant to be admired.

My mistake, I meant just the part about the mud.

But you just said that DI sucks as well, and they removed that. They made it better by your own admission. Did you want blowback 5.56? Get over yourself you whiny little cunt, the AR is unironically firearms perfection

You lay it on the left side, so the chamber is upwards and protected by your body in case you're military. Naturally rifle-dependent, what with ambidextrosity.

Side mounted mag+side mounted ejection port means you can't lay it on either side because open ports, on the top because that's retarded and mucks your sights, and making it a bipod mounted weapon just for the sake of moving the magazine defeats the entire purpose of making a smaller gun. It's retarded when every gun ever has a nice blank side without any controls you can lay right in the mud without fear

It's a valid enough threat for it to be SOP in just about any modern military. If we're discussing fighting and combat, then why would you not do it right from the get-go?
If your only threats are targets on a range I get why you wouldn't do so, of course, but seeing as you're talking about the "benefits" of a side-mounted mag on all weapons, talking about combat becomes quite a necessity. It's where most of the killing is done, after all.

You mean asking the scenario remain consistent? That's ridiculous. Surely you should know by now that any tactical advantages totally apply to combat scenarios but if you find one that goes in the opposite direction you're just a mallninja who's thinking too hard. Or something.

the 4 inches is worth it

Said literally no one over 5'6", ever.

Protects ur face from enemi bolit.

guess the us armed forces is full of manlets then since they switched over to the M4

What I don't get is why every bolt gun isn't set up like this.

>small magazine doesn't impact balance in a noticeable way
>shorter than a conventional rifle
>can still easily have a good trigger unlike bullpups

Attached: 010050_KSV_Hunter1.jpg (5257x1465, 695K)

I love the KSV aesthetics but its like 4k€, I just cant justify that amount of money

After I pay off my house I intend to get one in 6.5x55mm.

Attached: 1535983734512.jpg (354x490, 86K)

>Not having a Harley handlebar to run your carbine with
>current year