Tiny itty-bitty drone that couldn't possibly hurt a fly spotted somewhere sort of (but not actually) near an airport

>tiny itty-bitty drone that couldn't possibly hurt a fly spotted somewhere sort of (but not actually) near an airport
>entire country shut down, thousands imprisoned in planes and terminals, mass panic and terror
>britons and other sissy europeans literally sobbing with grief as the drone brutally stalks them with its little buzzy rotors and forces them to eat airport food for two days in a row
>british police are totally helpless, the army is literally called in to resolve the situation
>the army is totally helpless so they call in their greatest ally, Israel, who snaps their fingers and turns the drone off with Jewish physics
>it will still be months before the british public is capable of standing upright. the crying is expected to finally cease sometime next week. the NHS will actually need to be closed down permanently as this crisis has used up all of its available resources.

and I'm told that these are the same people who bravely faced hitler by hiding in subway tunnels while their air force failed to stop the nazis from bombing them. what *happened* to the british?

Attached: 7702138-6519211-image-m-40_1545397547542.jpg (634x556, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/terrorists-likely-attack-u-s-drones-says-fbi-director-n918586
youtube.com/watch?v=0qpD6MDYEGY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_strike
youtube.com/watch?v=pw-Mqqvvu40
shorehamherald.co.uk/news/crime/breaking-news-shoreham-man-found-guilty-of-murder-1-8257281
youtube.com/watch?v=EAm7oDEZiek
youtu.be/Wk12hXBmNUI
youtube.com/watch?v=QH0V7kp-xg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey Brainiac. What happens when a drone is sucked into a plane engine?

OP is an idiot. Planes have crashed from hitting birds. People have died. A plane does not have to go up but it always has to come down.

>"the jammer overwhelms the drone overwhelms the drone overwhelms the drone overwhelms the drone overwhelms the drone

OP is stupid
nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/terrorists-likely-attack-u-s-drones-says-fbi-director-n918586

Attached: B6B2CE32-3B98-4519-89BB-60EA52AF1BFC.jpg (420x236, 30K)

begone, eurotrash

And drones can carry payloads of nasty shit.

>What happens when a drone is sucked into a plane engine?

Absolutely nothing, because engines are designed to withstand such events. You may not know this but there are these small animals that can fly, they're called birds, and birds get sucked into engines all the time. Nothing happens when they do, though: youtube.com/watch?v=0qpD6MDYEGY

>Planes have crashed from hitting birds. People have died.

>the number of major accidents involving civil aircraft is quite low and it has been estimated that there is only about 1 accident resulting in human death in one billion (109) flying hours.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bird_strike

>people are actually defending the UK's "response" to this event

Oh jeez...it was not a terrorist. There was nothing terrifying about this. The drone didn't even approach any planes.

Face it, the only thing that happened here was the UK was revealed to a nation of panic-stricken pussies and then they invented a shoddy cover story about terror drones or whatever to hide the fact that A) they actually thought this shit was a threat, and B) they had absolutely no means of defeating said threat, even if it had been real, which it obviously was not

Just because people don’t die from it doesn’t mean it’s not a problem. Bird strikes cause a not insignificant amount of damage.

t. Work for an airport. Had an airliner suck up a hawk a couple months ago, had to have the entire engine replaced

Invade us please, it would take about 40 mins when you make landfall and the citezenry would have objectively more freedoms as captured clay than we do as a ‘sovereign state’. Or just blow us back to the depths, you know, whatever tickles your pickle.

What happens if the drone happens to carry half a kilo of explosives? Any possibility of an explosion once its sucked into an engine?

Depends on what kind of explosive and detonator

>and other sissy europeans

If it was in France it would've been taken down by the Gendarmerie already

That is sad, I have a hawk friend who wakes me up every morning and visits me around the valley I live in sometimes

if it was in France they would cave into the drones demands

>"uhh Frenkies be surrenduhr monkeys"
The absolute state of jokes from americans.

Eh, this one was a jackass. He’d catch turtles outside the perimeter then drop them on the runway. Also, he wouldn’t fuck with the geese that would hang around the approaches

>uh honhonhonhon
>SOCK REY BLOO

>Using a joke because the best humor always has some truth to it
>T-the absolute state of A-Americans...
Don't let your wife's boyfriend Mohammed here you talking about the evil West, get might get enraged and beat you again

>jokes and stereotypes are anchored in truth

They literally just gave in to yellow vest protesters because they broke some stuff. they are cucked.

Not all of them. I have never fucked my cousin in the Walmart bathroom.

We’re a classy couple. We went to Tarjay

Attached: Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 16.20.33.png (2490x120, 39K)

>Worked a casual job in the air force walking around depredating birds and shooting off pyros on the flight line
>T-38s literally would not fly until the BASH crews were done
>get told that bird strikes aren't a problem on a Mongolian bread baking forum

Attached: 225huw.jpg (730x643, 42K)

Pyro is fun. I managed to clonk a deer in the head with a bird-banger once. It was great

Hell we could make Trump king and I'd personally help throw any dissidents out of helicopters. Don't make us beg(we will but let us keep some dignity pls)

Why not just get the bird man to handle it? How many rounds of bird shot do you think a civie drone can handle?

>Face it, the only thing that happened here was the UK was revealed to a nation of panic-stricken pussies
Sensationalist media and tabloids

Actual pilot here, you're retarted. That drone could do a hell of a lot of damage to a private jet or anything smaller. The glass in a cessna is very thin, and going 170mph and hitting a drone is gonna fuck with the windshield. If you can show me evidence that a Dassault will survive a drone going into the engine you need to shut the fuck up.

> couple of people with box cutters fly some planes into some Jews
> GODDANG SHUT EVERYTHANG DOWN BOY!
> All planes grounded
> Air travel security measures fucked up for years afterwards
> Still can’t bring nail clippers on plane in case much terrorism

A lesson in not overreacting from Murricah.

They were fun but god if they didnt do shit to the buzzards. Slammed one of them in the side once and the mother fucker just turned and mean mugged me like a fucking velociraptor.

Attached: image0-3.jpg (1440x1437, 167K)

The difference is that our version could not have been solved by a single person on the ground with a reasonably accurate rifle. Also, that there was actual danger.

People do not hunt birds with rifles, and they will not shoot drones with rifles.

Oh, you're right. Our version could not have been solved by someone with a BASIC SHOTGUN.

Shotguns are only effective at 100 meters. Billy Joe with a Mossberg is not a tenable solution.

Well, guess what. That consumer-grade camera drone could not have been carrying more than a pound of explosive, even if it was a terror drone. The save zone would have been far smaller than 100 meters.

Consumer drones can get higher than 100 meters off the ground, and any impact to a plane in flight can cause a crash. It's 'safe zone', by the way.

Oh, I guess you're right. This will stop being a problem when humanity invents a weapon which is accurate beyond 100 meters. Maybe some kind of long gun with a rifled barrel? Alas, even if such a weapon existed, then who would be able to get that much accuracy out of it? Surely, no military would be able to field such a marks-man except in tiny numbers for extremely specialized applications, and would certainly not have one in each squad at any point.

omelette du fromage hon hon hon

Any missed shot or shots will pose a danger to anyone downrange. This isn't a sparsely populated area, this is in Sussex.

Aiming a shot to make sure it hits takes less than ten seconds. Standing around with your dick in your hands until the jews can fix it for you takes hours.

Just jam the drone, or use a guided munition. It's going to take you longer than 10 seconds to hit a small, erratic target at 400+m

Guess we should reuse some Bofors 40mm for bird and drone control

>This isn't a sparsely populated area, this is in Sussex.
Mentioned
youtube.com/watch?v=pw-Mqqvvu40
shorehamherald.co.uk/news/crime/breaking-news-shoreham-man-found-guilty-of-murder-1-8257281
youtube.com/watch?v=EAm7oDEZiek

Attached: 80ec339a0576340a6ffc2bd7663db606.png (696x459, 361K)

A lot can happen you stupid fuck

T. Former jet engine mechanic

youtu.be/Wk12hXBmNUI

Airline flight mechanic here, gotta agree with . Planes may have a chance of eating a bird and surviving, but something that is nearly entirely carbon fiber will really mess things up. Not talking about flimsy foam/Chinesium drones.

>Strap a rod of tool steel to the drone
Can you imagine the explosion?

People can and do hunt birds with rifles you fucking idiot

Then you shoot up so that it doesn't cause damage and not at a low angle so it flies into the city at high velocity

How tough of a shot is this? Your telling me the British army doesn’t have one guy who could make this shot

Real talk nigga, I've fucked my cousin. Fucking huge titties and a thicc ass. Not even sorry.

Would you shut down an airport because someone spotted a bird?

>Drone flying about where it shouldn't
>single fudd with bird shot shoots it down
Would this not work?

>cessna

who cares about your poverty plane, the airport in question is for actual passenger jets

>napoleon surrendered
>surrendered in WW2
>surrendered in french indochina
>surrendered to yellow jackets

surrendering to drones would actually be the least shameful thing your country has ever done

Strap some balloons on him and give him a 6 pack of bud.

>military grade
>good
Toppest of keks

Is bribing surrendering?

Attached: ECA4521F-925F-489B-A59C-6CFE5FA91D62.png (500x375, 251K)

I think over time the French have more than proved they are totally willing to utterly pillage and destroy their own country when they dont get what they want
They throw the worlds biggest, most expensive temper tantrums

You are absolutely full of shit. Bird strikes destroy engines, and also destroy structure too.

Attached: Air-strike.png (563x320, 140K)

Just put a screen over it
Problem solved

How far from the airport is a taking off plane with in the maximum height of drones? Sure as hell isn't 12 fucking miles.

I think it's just the mentality of "if you dont give it to us we'll just destroy everything and build it from the ashes"
However these yellow vests are nothing like the patriots of the French revolution.

Who was it who was trying to get .50's banned, for fear of someone shooting down planes? She says that incendiary rounds are "heat seeking" (Yes, really) and then says that you "couldn't hunt moose with it, because you'd cook the moose at the same time" (Also yes, really).

>this level of written english
The absolute state of Americans.

This. I would expect Foreign Object Damage, or FOD, to be more widely known about on Jow Forums due to all the aviation/military dudes on the board, but I guess this does strike a chord with the "muh freedoms" crowd.
For all the guys using the birb arguement, yes, birds cause life threatening damage to aircraft all the time, and measures are taken to ensure they do not encroach active runways, like propane powered noise makers, and flares.
The big difference between birds and drones is what they are made out of, and their behavior.
A bird is made out of flesh and bone, which is relatively weaker than plastic and metal.
A bird also has much better situational awareness than a drone operator.

Attached: Gundesert.png (747x1328, 1.66M)

I know I'm late but I seriously can't let this one pass, even if others have appropriately convened about how fucking retarded you are.
You are a moron.
t. guy who worked for P&W and Bombardier Aéronautique
Like said, FODs are not all equal. Most damage done on engines by birds are secondary. The fan blades will be fucked up, but not broken. Instead, birds tend to 'goop' the more delicate components deeper into the engine. Not only are drones generally heavier than the birds that most often play The Slide with jet engines, but they're not made of flesh and brittle, hollow bird bones.

youtube.com/watch?v=QH0V7kp-xg0

This does answer why the bongs did not want to launch planes, but does not explain why they didn't just shoot it.

This is why you have to not be an idiot and build your own with copied programmable chink parts and only rely on GPS for an initial position.

After that have it use telemetrics and to roughly position and fly a pattern.

You wouldn't even need a receiver or controller, you could do it on board after working the bugs in another area.

Nothing to hack either as a few of the simple older hobbyist boards you can do this with won't have any bluetooth / wifi and you have no receiver.

Just treat them as disposable as it shouldn't be more than $80-100 for one.

>Drone hobbyist from back when DIY was the only way

They probably don't have a gun loicense, if only the drone hovers at chest level so they can hit it with a bike wheel.

The newspapers explicitly mentions gun cops and the military. Do they not have sharpshooters over there?

China has the best commercial and recreational drones currently. Is it possible for them to let some pre-programmed drones to guard American air bases so that planes couldn't launch?

What if the drone is owned by a Muslim who didn't know that the airport is a no fly zone for drones? That would make the cops racist and xenophobic which would earn the ire of the people.

Why should the bong patrols care about the ire of the people? These are the same guys who got one up on P.A. Luty by making basic tools restricted items.

Based and redpilled

Attached: image0-18.jpg (688x907, 190K)

Person attempting to become a marine biologist here. Was this in JFK International? I know they have a serious diamondback terrapin problem, being next to Jamaica Bay and all.

Attached: terrapincolorvariation.jpg (250x161, 24K)

We can't help you brother. We are just prisoners in a larger cage. I'm sorry about what has happened to your nation. We will be in your shoes rather shortly.

Doesn't everyone in the UK own like a drone or some shit?

Nah. It’s a little regional airport. We just happen to be right alongside a river and some wetlands

>I know I'm late but I seriously can't let this one pass
>You are a moron.

Wow you sure told me, except you didn't because I am completely right. Maybe next time you could try posting something other than "I am an EXPERT and you are a MORON" since that is what children do.

Loads of people do, and the government hates it. Hence why they orchestrated this.

There's a lot of variables, but if I had to pick between ingesting a Canada goose or a consumer DJI in my generic jet turbine I would always go DJI. Large birds have more mass, partly because of the terrible inefficiencies of quad-copters.

Itt: OP knows less about planes than the majority of Jow Forums knows about guns.

Meanwhile, the US Government shuts down for the third time this year.

Attached: 2344t4vt.png (502x336, 210K)

So how fucked is the guy, assuming they find him, flying this thing?

Shitty english in that 3rd description. Makes it sound like it was written by some tinfoil hat wearing basement dweller.

Air Force actually. They got Royal Eagles to deal with it.

Attached: quatre-aigles-royaux-sont-dresses-a-l-attaque-de-drones-malveillants-a-la-base-aerienne-118-de-mont- (1000x667, 68K)

A bird even a big one is mostly meat and light weight bones. Drones have motors, metal parts, and a chunky li-on battery. These will do serious damage to a jet engine. And the WORST time to lose an engine is during takeoff and landing.

The absolute STATE of it. Brits, I'm disgusted.

Be better.

The day we rely on the Fudd to defend our land is the day we lose

Yes.
airports have employees who go around shooting them and setting off bird scares

Attached: 4920E52D-9B9C-42DF-A9FB-8A6D601F5D0F.jpg (300x597, 67K)