Big bag

What, in your opinion, is the highest weight a soldier can carry in an average urban cqb assault and not lose too much effectiveness? Also, how much being above-average in strength help you with managing a heavy pack? Feedback from real riflemen is most welcome.

Attached: 1414422193495_wps_62_A_British_soldier_receive.jpg (962x641, 159K)

According to the Army Science Board, a total equipment weight of 50 pounds is the cutoff before you start losing effectiveness.

Having rucked enormous weights, I believe it. Getting in a firefight with a 60 pound ruck on (on top of your fighting gear) isn’t fun. It makes you slow, and additional weight hurts your reflexes and clouds your thinking.

On an individual level, it doesn’t really matter how tough you are, weight makes you less effective than you would otherwise be. Take any tough operator and put him up against his doppelgänger and run them on an obstacle course or head to head and the guy without 100lbs of gear wins.

Of course it isn’t always possible to meet the 50lb goal with military essential gear, but going over that weight should be the exception not the norm.

Jumpy jumps in the Middle,
(If some one know spanish)
Hagan pogo papá !!

You realize these people don't conduct urban assaults with 150lb rucks right? Weather if its US Marines or Grenztruppen, the only situation you have those is tactical moves between locations. The second shit gets rough those things come off.

Everything that's not combat gear gets dropped with the vehicles or at the RP. But combat gear is still weapon, signalling kits, ammo, HE, pyro, armor, a water bottle...it all adds up fast. Weak people are a hazard to themselves and their squad.

Rucking is its own unique form of endurance workout. It takes strength and cardio, but you can't simply do cardio bunny shit or lift a lot and be able to ruck well.

Basically what said. A properly designed pack, sized and fitted correctly, can put about 45lb of weight on the average human body in such a way (putting it all on the hips + stabilizing it) that it does no compromise mobility or lead to long-term stress injuries.

so get a 3day pack

Guessing this is something from south of mexico cuz I don't get it still

>weight makes you less effective than you would otherwise be
Take heed, fatfucks.

Ow user I'm fat but I know this. I just have tactical food supplies stored in my gut

I read some manual stating 1/3 bodyweight is maximum sustainable and 1/2 bodyweight is extreme carrying capability for short ranges (~10km) for an average male

That honestly sounds about right. 150lb male should be able to carry 50lbs on his back/hips with little problem if they are in shape.

Have some recollection I have been told this in the military.
Then they went on and loaded about 50kg on us over time.

Storing tendies in your flap flaps is not a tactical maneuver you greasy bastard.

Except you still require as much or more food as a smaller soldier. It's not even an advantage in that sense.

>that fulcrum digging into the guys lower spine

holy fuck

>it’s ok for every situation to drop your shit on the ground and run off
When you get out of basic training you’ll see that that isn’t the case for everything.

That’s not how the real world works at all.

When supplies are cut off I'll survive a day or two more wuahahah *jiggles intensifies*

What kind of retarded input is this?

The military requires certain equipment to be carried. You can’t just be like “nah I’m taking a 3 day pack with gear I picked myself”. If you’re carrying a SAW, ammo, some 2590 batteries because of retarded SOP to keep CREW running, full body armor, and additional combat load dooddads, there’s not a lot you can optionally drop.

The change has to come from the top and how it outfits dudes and reacts to theneeds of AOs.

This is right. You drop your ruck at a rally point, conduct your op and come back later.
Or don't.

You got me, in less then 1% of situations where a child civilian like yourself becomes an LT and makes a guy with a Thor and 240 tripod bound to a pillbox and frag it, clearly I was wrong, my bad, how could I be so stupid.

I mean we have 50,000 apcs so 50 pounds. In ww2 the wieght would be higher.

I could understand if you are doing a presense patrol or marching to an objective, the idea someone is going to room clear with a rucksack in a real world situation is fucking stupid. Someone please find a single situation that has ever happened. Any self respecting soldier pinned down by his own weight will take the risk of a FLIPL on his TA50 to save his own damn life.

“Bro just leave your gear unattended”.

Or

“Bro just split your combat force up so half the guys can watch backpacks and be static ambush bait.”

Have you ever seen dudes actually drop THORs in mid combat and sweep back around to pick them back up? For real nibba? Come on.

It’s not full of TA50. In fact a majority of the weight for these high numbers comes from dudes wearing full armor with all the soft dangler bits. So what, they just pull the ripcord to drop armor when the shooting starts?

No one wears DAPS except for queers.

That literally backs up my point. How big of a crayon eating nigger where you in the service? Are you going to shut the fuck up next? Appreciate it.

So you guys just drop your CREW in some random hole in the dark when “shit gets real”. Sounds like a great way to lose your CREW. Or to get ambushed trying to pick it up later.

Stop trying to swing your anonymous internet dick like you’re the only guy who ever got shot at. We didn’t drop our gear like a traveling gypsy caravan.

>It’s not full of TA50
>proceeds to list TA50

Also an IOTV with Armor and Ammo is going to weigh 40 lbs. Less than 50 iF He MoLlEd hIs CamElbAk oN tOo

The funniest part about you two is that if you spoke face to face you'd talk about your times of getting shot at and what you guys did and probably laugh over it and learn a thing or two. Although on an online imageboard restricted to text and pictures of cartoon boys you can't convey your feelings as well and end up fighting.

The packs aren’t full of TA50.

The armor I am point out is a large amount of weight. If you look at 50-60 pounds being the ideal, you can see that body armor takes the lion’s share of weight “allowance” before even talking about the packs. Which are likely full of ammo, batteries, commo, explosives, or mission electronics.

>We didn’t drop our gear like a traveling gypsy caravan.

You also weren't jumping from littlebirds to capture central american narcos, or leaping from rooftop to rooftop in fallijah to rat out terrorists. You probably did again literally what I described, humping your useless shit to on a presence patrol that largely didnt see combat, and when you did it wasn't detrminetal enough to warrant needing to dough it, even momentarily. Or, you setup a hasty fighting position in the middle of fucking nowhere.

>m4 raifu + elcan + rmr
>chest rig + 10 mags
>camelbak + 3l water

that's what you need and want.

Or pushed in an established new outposts along the northeast AFPAK border getting shot at basically daily.

And I actually did do, later, helicopter based hits, where fucking duh, we didn’t carry as significantly sized packs because it was a different mission. But what we did carry wasn’t just dropped on the floor.

Look my dude, if you say you dropped packs I can’t say you didn’t. But in my deployments and working up with other dismounted unit’s I never saw this done. The only people IRL I have ever heard call it viable are never-deployed guys that served in the 80s and 90s.

maybe for you. 40lbs for a fully kitted IOTV isn't the singular heaviest item. The plates and kevlar aren't 50 to 60+ lbs anymore. Not that I ever recall a time they ever were.

>“allowance”
I am glad you took the time to google what TA50 is. But moreover, theres still indiviudal kit to the solider besides mission equipment that goes into that loadout. The body armor becomes small in comparison the second you need anything more then an assault pack.

Your reading compression is astonishing.

I dont think you ever touched body armor, let alone a a recruiting station.

Attached: 20181221_144404.jpg (4032x3024, 3.57M)

Pulling out the picture for some no u big dick shit? Try reading this thread when you’re sober.

The “allowance” referred to the idea that if your ideal loadout weight is 50-60 pounds, an IOTV with the often mandatory neck and dick armor hovers right around 40 lbs.

This means that if you were attempting to design a loadout under 50-60 lbs it is very difficult because the first thing you put in a pack pretty much takes you over, when combined with the weight of armor. This means that the SOP loadout for many troops is above the Army Science Board’s one reccomended effective weight. Effective weight being the OP topic.

Every time I operated deep behind enemy DTOL lines I carried only my MP7 w/ 4 extra mags stacked with APTUSHP, my Victrix Pugio with special long range rounds, a camelback of sweat tea, and 10 lbs of IR invisible tactical clothing with some smoke nades. So if your in a nelite unit like I was you do get to pick your own gear.

Its clear you don't know what your're talking about POG.

Attached: shemagh in city.jpg (1280x1920, 530K)

I just noticed you highlighted my post. Let me give you a reader’s pro-tip. That space. That big space between those two sentences denotes different thoughts.

Thought: The packs aren’t full of TA50

Separate thought: The armor takes up much of a hypothetical (that mean imaginary) weight allowance.

Did you think I was referring to the weight of the armor in relation to things inside of the rucksack? Did you think I meant people stowed their armor inside their rucks in combat?

The fighting load should be around 48 pounds. The sustainment load(fighting load + extra shit) should be no greater than 72 pounds. The two main reasons why troops carry too much shit is one,
>leaders combined with shitty COIN doctrine force soldiers to do way to much shit
And two,
>normally in a conventional war, you would dump your packs at an Assembly Area or a patrol base and move out to the attack position
>COIN complicates that a little, which is why the basic tactic of COin that is rarely followed is deploy a metric fuckton of infantry to flood the AO’s

kek'd

it's so true

Attached: ICANSEE.jpg (783x514, 156K)

what about grenades or defensive explosives ?

>no sleep gear
>no rain gear
>no tactical E-tool
Fug off

Bro, if you're not memeing, I have never heard of anything like that.

He posted a meme picture my dude.

Don't know how it's done in other militaries, but in the British Army there's marching order and fighting order. Marching order being all the kit you need to survive, i.e sleeping system, basha, rations, water, wet and warm kit etc, plus your fighting order, which as it suggests is all the kit you need for a scrap.

You would never go on a patrol or an assault with your marching order, or if you are theres something seriously wrong. The only time you'd ever fight in marching order is if you got ambushed or contacted and even then your Bergen would be off sharpish.

With fighting order, the only time kit comes off is when you're in a static position and know you'll be there for a while, for example an LUP, FUP or overwatch position. While you're running around conducting the battle all that shit stays on you, because it should all be vital or necessary kit.

In terms of the minimum amount of weight for CQB or OBUA, ideally all you should have is PPE, ammunition and grenades, as is in line with the whole 'fight light' concept. However, add on top of that spare ammo, link for the guns, section kit like stretchers, med kits, CPERS kit etc and then special equipment like breaching tools, ladders and so forth you end up being pretty heavy anyway, well over 20kg not including your weapon.

>LUP FUP
?

Youd think that, but no. Not at all.

>>no sleep gear
The ground
>>no rain gear
What, you gonna melt or something?
>>no tactical E-tool
Tards gonna tard.

You'll die first because you can't get off any type of X in a meaningful amount of time. You're literally ambushing yourself every time you overeat.

LUP: Lying Up Point
FUP: Forming Up Point

>a camelback of sweat tea
made me kek

This. If you're going out for a day or less at most you should take a goretex top and maybe 1 basha between two of you. Most patrols last less than 12 hours anyway, and if not you'll be informed of how long you need to plan for.

>twf never served
>twf playing jagged alliance 2 and getting my ass kicked
>twf get my team to drop their packs at two points on the map
>twf the medic hangs out with non-combat gear to guard it and to fetch stuff to others if necessary
>twf KIAs are at a record low, enemy getting their asses handed to them
>twf I read this thread, specifically

I feel like a goddamn tactical genius boys

Attached: feels_good_man.png (444x560, 79K)

>gets to pick own gear
>HK and sweet tea
I like you, user.

>e tool for urban cqb assault op
Hold on, guys, let me dig a fighting hole in this hallway before we breach.

>twf dyslexic
>twf no f

Woah hold up fella, where's your wet kit?? How do you expect to stay dry in a building?!

Sure you did, kiddo.

>not building an improvised fortification outside the door
>not seeing the look in the enemy's eyes when the doors open and you are in a little bunker
>not building a modern equivalent of Sunomata Castle, placing your name on the pages of history

It's like you don't even want to have fun man

Kek, I wonder what his fellow cops think about him.

"Shit, daddy"
I wonder why our colonies went to literal shit

200 from experience .
>Haveservd recon scoot