A Hypothetical

Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that I could look into your future and absolutely guarantee that you'd never have to use a gun "in anger" as they say - you'd never have a home invasion happen, you'd never get mugged and have to draw your CCW, if S ever did HTF or if the government ever did go full tyrannical the fighting would never reach you, you would never even be in a position of having to hunt for food, and you'd never be attacked by an animal or even have to do varmint control ever again. In other words, you would never have any *practical* reason to own any guns. If so, what would your gun collection look like? What would you keep around? Or, if we remove the inertia involved with just not bothering to get rid of stuff you already have from the equation, let me ask: In that situation, if you started as a noguns, would you bother buying any guns at all, and if you did, what would they be?

inb4 "SHALL"- this isn't about what would and wouldn't be legal. You *could* keep anything you already own, or buy anything new, that's currently legal if you wanted to, and you could even hunt if you wanted to. The point is that I could guarantee you'd never *have* to use them for a practical purpose and whatever you owned would be strictly for your own amusement. So if it would just be for fun, what would you own?

Attached: c32.jpg (1440x810, 467K)

McNuke™

Honestly? Yeah, I'd keep everything. I like to LARP. Sue me.

Lemme hit you with response hypothetical. Let's assume you tell me my future. What's stopping a butterfly affect? Multiverse theory is a bitch. Ok, gubment chimp out, but it doesn't reach me - what's stopping me from going and *finding* them myself?

I'd keep everything. I don't own any dedicated "carry" guns which are impractical for other purposes. I'd still have all my guns for target shooting and collecting purposes. I'd still hunt for food not because I "need" to, but just as I do now: I enjoy it, and the meat is far better tasting than factory farmed garbage from the supermarket.

If I owned any dedicated carry guns which were impractical to use for any other purpose I'd probably sell those and put the proceeds towards other guns, either fun ones to shoot at the range, or ones for my collection or investment purposes.

Yes I'd still own guns because plinking is fun.

>what's stopping me from going and *finding* them myself?
Nothing.

If that's what you want guns for then just state so.

If I was starting from scratch, of all the guns I own now, I'd still have bought my purple Ruger Mk. IV Lite and all of my milsurps, including my Wz-48 (a single-shot .22lr Polish-made trainer version of the Mosin), my Spanish Mauser, my Arisaka 99, my MAS-36, and my Bulgarian Makarov.

By just seeing your future you end up changing everything that continues to happen afterwards and that future would not come to be so yes I would keep my guns because now the future is uncertain. I might even have to buy more guns because of the time fuckery that is about to go down on my life.

Attached: 1542690265787.jpg (432x432, 32K)

I'd probably get rid or at least reduce my pistol collection and expand my rifles. I don't like pistols that much and only use them for CC.

>Not having to hunt for food
Nobody has to hunt for food in first world countries but sorry some people don't like processed steroid meat faggot

If I could absolutely, positively guarantee that I would never need to fire a gun in anger, if the Fates ordained it, my gun collection would only be changed by the addition of a couple more firearms, like a nice trap shotgun and a modern bolt action rifle. Most of my acquisitions are just for fun. The only gun I own solely to be fired in anger is a Kel-Tec P3AT I have for dog walking, and it was inexpensive and small enough that I don't really need to get rid of it.

With that said, if I never had to carry a gun again, I wouldn't, because it's annoying and I prefer to have as little on my person as possible.

I'd probably only own .22lrs because it's the cheapest to shoot paper with. Maybe a 12ga for clays.

Nice try shareblue
>Goys, if we show that everything is very calm and good for the future will you let us take away your guns without you going crazy?

But if not bait, I would still keep what I have.

>Everything is chill and calm let me take your guns lol

Why would we need to give up our guns if everything has mellowed out is my question. Wouldn't that be more incentive for the right to keep funs? Definitely bait my dude.

SHALL
Fuck that gay shit nigger, I would go to where the fighting was thickest

Attached: 3268836_0.jpg (630x630, 59K)

You could do that now but here you are posting on Jow Forums from your bedroom.

Hunting
Recreational marksmanship
Competitive shooting

Now fuck off

>Implying

>shit posting from warzone

World Domination

Let's say, hypothetically, that you had a private chaffuer who would drive you wherever you want at all times. Any guy who is into cars still wouldn't sell his vehicles. The hobby is at its core practical but also has enjoyment aspects to it. I like practicing marksmanship cause it's fun, just like a guy who loves cars likes to drift, we may never need it, but if we ever do need to we'll be damn glad we know how, and we enjoy the process of getting good at it anyways.

I would lose some interest in pistols and carbines, which might just mean more full length rifles.

Pretty interesting concept. I think a lot of my rifles would be the same. I enjoy scary black rifles. I would get rid of my ccw gun. It inly has one purpose and as a gun without a purpose, its not great (hk p30sk). I could also stop thinking about body armor. I think thats it.

Got into guns because I wanted something for home defense, bought a 20 inch full tube shotgun.
Later wanted to concealed carry, bought a compact handgun, used it for awhile, and then bought a single stack because it was smaller. Then decided I wanted a carbine for home defense, got a BCM AR-15.
Now I own like 40 guns, including a registered machine gun. I still use the BCM AR and the handguns for concealed carry and home defense, almost everything else is for giggles.

I don’t think you really read the question, user.

Id probably arm up more. Because some fucking mystique is trying to convince me to give up my guns.

As a collector and shooter (in that order) I would keep all of them.

If I was going to be a hardcore shooter I would buy a M&P shield 9mm, Glock 17 long slide, a Tavor and a SCAR 17. CCW, duty sidearm, close-mid range and long range. I have thought about doing just that.

But I like history, and the different mechanical aspects (to say nothing of aesthetics) are enjoyable in their own right.

These, all of these. Guns are Fun and collectible if you have the change. I might never need them in anger, but goddamn they're fun.

Remington 7188 just for shits and giggles. And it looks nice too

Attached: 718804.jpg (622x800, 47K)

I’d still keep it for fun and larping.

Id sell all my guns. Not cause fuck guns but because i need funds for my trip around the world with my new magic protection field.
Just imagine it traveling to the shittiest places in perfect safety.
Being able to walk into a druglords den punch him in the face and walk out with a bag of cash and no repercussions. Because they cant attack you.