What shotgun is the most similar or closer in therms of power to the doom supershotgun?

What shotgun is the most similar or closer in therms of power to the doom supershotgun?

Attached: 2a199ba88d2c97922e169a875afbf04d.jpg (1024x896, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KS-23
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably a hammerless 10ga or under double barrel.

Doesn't gauge mean the size of the pellets?

Eh more or less. The lower the gauge the bigger the shell in turn the bigger the shot. Though there is a wide range from bird shot, smaller than bbs, to slugs that are roughly the diameter of the bore.

Just get any regular side by side double barrel 12 gauge and load it with 00 buck but get ready for a good kick if you shoot both at about the same time. Right now would probably be a good idea to learn about realistic shotgun spread.

The "gauge" system is where you take 1 pound of lead, divide it into a given number of lead spheres of equal mass. The diameter of the lead spheres being the diamenter of the shotgun bore.
So, if you had 12 spheres of lead which, all together, weighed 1 kg, then the diameter of those lead spheres will be a 12 gauge bore.
If you're using shot, then the number (or letter) given is a standardized shot size.

A 12 gauge could be loaded with #4 shot just as readily as it could be loaded with 000 buck.

Attached: shot_sizes.jpg (420x369, 44K)

8 guage break action side by side chopped on both ends

KS-23, an unironic 4ga shotgun

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KS-23

Attached: fa_sg_ks23_o1.jpg (800x452, 161K)

OMFG is this cali legal i wonder?
want/10

if you have to ask, of course its illegal

Attached: 1534695249502.gif (487x560, 898K)

Import would not be approved because
>muh sporting purpose
It'd be 100% legal in Canada, though.

Look at the optimism of this Cali guy. Poor guy will be crushed soon when he can't get what he wants.
>t.califag too

fuck import I wanna make and sell them
t. engineering student

If it's over .50 caliber in the US, they can ban it for lack of "sporting purpose" even if made domestically. It becomes a "Destructive Device". The Street Sweeper shotgun being a good example.

Attached: Street Sweeper.jpg (1800x367, 50K)

just build yourself 4ga double barrel break action one, literal doom

I thought that was only for a rifled barrel
and anyway i can't find a diagram anywhere
might just try scaling up a 870
why is the government so gay its like they literally hate fun

and yes I know the ks23 has a rifled barrel but I hate slug guns so was gonna make mine smoothbore

Now I want that.
It is Majestic.

My vote is for the Chiappa triple threat

Attached: 8817392_01_chiappa_triple_threat_640.jpg (640x640, 29K)

fuckheavy/10

A system of standardization this strange has got to be from the British.

That thing is so ridiculous. I got to handle one before. The cylinder is reloaded like an SAA, where you have to manually eject every shell.

Pretty much all of Europe used it.

And i guess the buckshot is the size of the shell isnt it? But what is bore?

Nope. You use what's called a "shot cup". Little plastic cup that holds the shot together. The propellant pushes the cup and once it leaves the barrel it opens up and your shot gradually starts spreading apart.
The bore is the internal diameter of the barrel. Boring is the act of making an accurate cylindrical hole inside something.

It's actually super fucking functional considering the environment it was used in. Why call it .75 caliber gun when most people wouldn't know what was nor how to determine it? "How many balls for this can I cast from a pound of lead?" "12"

Aesthetically, a Dominion Arms Highwayman dressed up but to match power you'd need it chambered for 600 Nitro or something absurd like that

Attached: hwyman2.jpg (763x355, 16K)

Is there a place to even buy empty 8 gauge shells?

So gauges and bucks are diferent measures for the bore of a shotgun?

>What shotgun is the most similar or closer in therms of power to the doom supershotgun?
Sawed-off 12ga loaded with rolls of dimes and hotloads

But it's not a shotgun tho

say that to the poor bastard that had to cast thousands of bullets and shot for muskets

Gauge = measure of bore diameter
"Buck" is one class of shot used for hunting large game (Buck is the name for the male of a bunch of different animals).
Buckshot vs Birdshot comes down to size of projectiles.

So if I have a 20 gauge shotgun, you know the bore diameter is that of a sphere of lead that weighs 1/20th of a pound.
If it's loaded with #4 buck shot, each pellet is .24" in diameter and it'll hold probably ~24 pellets.
A 20 gauge loaded with 00 buck, on the other hand, will have pellets of .33" and hold ~18 pellets (Larger pellets, smaller number of pellets).

Clear as mud?

>19in barrels
>26.5 in overall length

Does this mean I can buy a Dominion arms shotgun in the states now?

Oh, thanks user

Whats not a shotgun? the Doom Supershotgun or the DA Highwayman 12 gauge?

Chink made, sorry bruv.

>8.2 lbs
>heavy
Post loaded battle rifles on bathroom scales to fuck with that faggot.
Also, Doomguy can wield a minigun.

i was planning on using brass shells made on the lathe