What should I get as a home defense gun?

I've been deciding between either an AR-15 or an AK-47, but I'd like to have some opinions from other people, just to make sure I get the "right" gun for the job.

Simple as that, thanks.

Attached: Choosing-home-defense-gun-1.png (2800x1855, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

arsenalinc.com/usa/sa_m-7_classic.html
youtu.be/gisORlD3cDg?t=622
mossberg.com/product/930-tactical-8-shot-spx-85360/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

12-Gauge

Depends on your state, but an AR chock full of HP rounds is a fantastic option.

Unmodified Sig P320 first gen

Well I live in Washington, will that help give you a better idea of what to recommend. (Thanks for the AR-15 HP round idea. But couldn't that also work with an AK-47?)

ARs are cheaper than AKs, and are better weapons.

Also, if you're only going to be using it in hallway length ranges, consider a 10.5" AR pistol with an SBA3 brace, rather than a 16" AR rifle.

You can get a better decent quality AR for cheaper than you can get a shitty bargain bin AK in the US.

PCC

Pak 9, it's an AK but in 9mm, takes Beretta or glock mags, and you can put a pistol brace on it. That's 33 rounds of drywall safe 9mm hollow points. Get an AR after that, but this will take care of anything that kicks your door in

Attached: 6476468_01_chiappa_pak_9_ak47_in_9mm_640.jpg (640x360, 46K)

45-70 because you want nothing left of him alive.

You're going to find a much more limited selection of bullets in 7.62x39 or 5.45x39 factory loadings.

Also, you're not going to be buying an AK47. Your options would be AKM(7.62) or AK74(5.45).

>get a 9mm AK instead of a 9mm AR

Why do you hate OP?

AR, pistol, or shotgun
Shotgun pros
>least likely to get you ruled against in court for capping a negro, unless you tactifag it up with half the magpul catalogue
>closest possible thing to a guaranteed one-shot stop with proper ammo
>cheap
Shotgun cons
>Heavy recoil
>Long
>some ammo can be unreliable, pretty much nothing is GTG until it is thoroughly vetted with your particular gun. This is not specific to shotguns, but it appears to be worse than most for them.
>Possibility of short stroking the pump (god that sounded gay)
>Low capacity (Almost guaranteed to be adequate, especially considering stoppin powah)

AR pros, assuming one is built specifically for CQC in .223 or .300 blk. AK is basically the same but it makes you look like the bad guy from an action movie, which is not good in this case
>shorter than shotgun
>muh 30/40/60 round mag
>light recoil, fast follow up shots
>can be suppressed
>easy to mount optics
AR cons
>makes courts like you less
>more likely that one shot wont stop target

Pistol pros
>maneuverability
>extended mags are easy to come by
>Easy to mount lights on modern ones
Pistol cons
>harder to hit with than something with a stock
>less ballistic effect than an AR, and a hell of a lot less than a shotgun

I personally like shotguns the best for its first shot ballistic effect and friendly appearance, but the AR is probably the best choice for someone who is not going to put a lot of time into training because it is easier to shoot than a pistol and doesn't have the possibility of short stroking like a pump. Pistols can be pressed into the roll if need be, but longarms>sidearms in almost every case. Pistols only exist because you can wear them.
Also, make sure to get proper frangible ammo for whatever you get so the bullet doesn't go through 9 walls and kill your neighbor.

I highly doubt he will find any full auto Kalashnikov pattern rifles , as you insisted on being incorrectly pedantic , both the AKM and AK74 are select fire.
He could however find both stamped and milled variations of the Kalashnikov pattern rifles that would resemble the AK47 , AKM , AK74 etc

Won't using anything but standard rounds fuck you over in court? They'll use anything the can find against you.

7.62x39 overpenetrates so unless you live in the middle of nowhere with no neighbors you probably don't want the ak route

>he doesnt have a full auto AK from the 40s for HD
Sad!

7.62X39mm is superior to 5.56X45mm/.223 out of a short barrel for CQB.

The other guy was telling him to get full auto Kalashnikovs from the late 50s onwards

>he doesnt use the full auto AK from the 40s as a backup in case his full auto AK from the 60s goes down during a home invasion

PAK 9 is way shorter than any AR pistol the design of the receiver and the buffer tube at just too long

So what is this ?
It is not an AKM (not stamped) and it's not an AK74 (it is 7.62X39mm)
arsenalinc.com/usa/sa_m-7_classic.html

Attached: SA_M-7_CLASSIC_ai.jpg (555x555, 52K)

I'm an AK103 Fag , keeping it real like Venezuela.

Pak9 is also a piece of shit
Stop suggesting dumb shit that you dont even own you faggot

Fine, then I'll suggest the stupid shit that I DO own and say he should get a shockwave for the same reason

Thank you for the well informed guide on what to pick, I thank you for your time.

As for the rest of you, I also thank you for your time and thoughts, it looks like I have a whole lot to think about. But so far shotguns or the AR-15/ AK pistol look to be the best options. (Though feel free to let me know if I'm getting the wrong idea.)

The reason why I was considering an AK was for the sole reason of being able to penetrate walls. So I can just listen for any noise that may go on in the house, then proceed to fire in that general area. Might cause a lot of damage, but the home invader will either die or run away, all without me leaving the room. Feel free to call me stupid as I probably am.

Shockwave, I've heard of that shotgun, what's it's issue?

shotguns and ARs are loud and will give you the EEEEE but are tons more effective than a pistol.

SA M-7 CLASSIC

That idea about blindly firing at noises through your walls is really, really misinformed, OP. If you manage to hit someone, that is considered homicide because they weren't posing a threat to you. Target identification and flashlights on HD guns are important for a reason, and literally shooting through walls at enemies completely negates all of that.

What's your base of reasoning for this? Surely the interim 12 rounds that separate a glock magazine and a stanag won't make a difference in a home invasion scenario

>drywall safe
youtu.be/gisORlD3cDg?t=622
10:22

I recommend AK-47 for schools and AR-15 for most other places

It doesnt have a stock
Not realistically an issue for a one time thing for a really short duration of time when your life is at stake. Hell, most militaries didn't even issue ear pro to standard infantrymen until pretty recently, and their job was using full power rifles and machineguns to shoot at people.

its easier to point a long gun and shoot it accurately. of course depending on the distance and your skill this might not even matter. also rifles and shotguns hit harder

and that is why grandpa and your old uncle have terrible hearing.

SGL21
master race

I suggest you watch Paul Harrell's videos on home defense guns (I think the one I watched was "Paul's top 5 home defense guns" or something like that.) That should give you a good idea on the pros/cons of popular home defense guns. Me personally I've decided that I'm probably gonna get a pistol caliber carbine.

if only they were still imported , friend.

Well the only time I would be firing at noises through walls inside my house are only if like say, I hear a window being smashed, or my door getting busted down. That alone should tell me the person is bad, and therefore it's a justified shooting. I'm also pretty sure they the invaders would leave evidence to suggest that they really were trying to cause me harm, so I think I would be fine. Now I'll admit, I don't know a whole lot about how the court goes in cases like this, but I like to believe I know what I'm doing and will be safe.

But I'm pretty sure you guys know better than me, but I'd like to let you know I won't just willy diddly through walls every time someone breaks in.

mossberg.com/product/930-tactical-8-shot-spx-85360/
Good reliable gun , not expensive, 00 Buckshot kills ni... home invaders dead.

lifetime of shooting without ear pro =/= touching off 1-5 rounds once without ear pro

Not sure what the law is in Washington but in most places you cant shoot someone unless there is an eminent threat to you or someone else's safety, and you would have a hard time convincing a judge that someone in a different room was posing a deadly threat.

If you wallbang some nog you're going to prison 100%. Get it on video though that shit will be priceless

I spent some time in the infantry and have been shooting since I was 7 years old.
ear protection is important.

>Shotgun Pros
None
>Shotgun Cons
Not a Martini Henry
>AR pros
Nothing
>AR cons
Not a Martini Henry
>Pistol Pros
Only good if a adam-beaumont BP pistol.
>Pistol cons
>Quite a bit.
>Best Gun and only gun.
MARTINI HENRY MKII.

Attached: MH.jpg (640x558, 32K)

Well I mean, unless they lock picked my house or something, I think a broken window, or a busted door should be enough to convince a judge that someone really wanted to cause me harm. Plus invaders will most likely carry a weapon or something like that, which may convince the judge more.

That aside, looks like it's time to start reading on the law here in Washington.

No1MkIII* SMLE .303 has something to say...

What? That he's a retarded gun with problems? The Martini Henry is the superior rifle. 577/450 Master Race.

Attached: MH2.jpg (1920x1248, 132K)

Please, for the love of god, do not shoot through walls at people

Gay.
Shoot everything until the opponent is dead. Everything is just collateral.

Martini–Henry
Martini–Henry Mk I–IV
Muzzle velocity 1,300 ft/s (400 m/s)
Effective firing range 400 yd (370 m)
Maximum firing range 1,900 yd (1,700 m)
Feed system Single shot
Vs
SMLE
Cartridge .303 Mk VII SAA Ball
Action Bolt-action
Rate of fire 20–30 aimed shots per minute
Muzzle velocity 744 m/s (2,441 ft/s)
Effective firing range 550 yd (503 m)[3]
Maximum firing range 3,000 yd (2,743 m)

AR. Lighter bullets don’t fly through as many walls but will kill a human just a effectively.

Attached: E4A0DD44-B803-444E-82F1-7122F00D2CD8.jpg (2998x1593, 1.75M)

>577/450
Large 45 caliber round.
Black Powder, can easily be reloaded. Especially during SHTF
Big ass 480 Grain chunk of blessed lead.
Confirmed Zulu Killer.
Amazing Aesthetics.
Easy to clean and almost never malfunctions.
>SMLE
Tine 30 caliber Bullet.
Stupid and worthless Smokeless powder. (How are you gonna escape under smoke with this round!)
Only kills other whites.
Just okay aesthetics that only got worse with every iteration.
Easy to clean as well, but more prone to malfunctions or breakage.

Attached: 577.jpg (768x831, 88K)

silenced .300 chimpout sbr with 60 round drum, night optics and peq. And a sleeping bag with bivy sack

The Belgians made it a war crime for the British to use the original nigger killing tips used in the .303

escape under suppressive .303 volley fire.

>least likely to get you ruled against in court
get a load of this fudd
>closest possible thing to a guaranteed one-shot stop with proper ammo
good luck shooting a hostage target with that buckshot
>makes courts like you less
no it doesnt fudd
>more likely that one shot wont stop target
looool an ar at close range is fucking lethal, plus you can dump like 10 rounds in the time it takes someone to fire off one shot then short stroke their pumpy and recover

That’s absolutely fudd bullshit boi

Nobody has ever used an ak for a school shooting in the US

Get the AR-15, it's superior to the AK in every way.

Why does the guy have a gun and a axe?

In an ideal world, maybe. However, it is not that.

Where at in WA? Olympia fag reporting in.

shotgun or pistol

>at close range is fucking lethal
That would be the point of guns, yes. According to every ER medic in Florida a .223 is a miniature explosive shell that can cut a child in half.