Assume money is not an object. What is the best pistol for self-defense...

Assume money is not an object. What is the best pistol for self-defense, in terms of concealability and stopping power/rate of fire?

Attached: I HAVE BIG GUN.jpg (1920x1080, 265K)

Attached: wm_4325610.jpg (640x478, 40K)

Glock 19

>money is not an object.
I got you senpai, P7 M13 in Satin Nickel, starts around $3500 if you can find one. 13rds of 9mm in a very concealable package.

Attached: 59aa69330cc7a56e6717fbaaa2b6d6b3.jpg (800x600, 56K)

the one you put in your mouth
kek
for real the one you train with
a trained professional can kill you with a toothpick its about the user much more than the tool

This.

One pistol caliber is about as deadly as the next. Normally I'd recommend a 1911 but when in a defensive situation and you are forced to shoot, shoot all the fucking way. Get something with 15+ rounds.

Korth 1911

There comes a point when it's just diminishing returns. As long as the gun is reliable and accurate, anything after that is just for show. I'd still choose my px4 compact as my carry gun. I would not want my Les Baer being fondled and scuffed up/rotting away in a police lockup if I ever had to shoot someone.

>Fantasy world:
Lercker

>real world
Either end of capacity/bullet mass ratio.
Five Seven or high end 1911

Kys kek

Price has little to do with it.

Bigger guns allow for more capacity and are easier to get a good grip on, allowing for better follow-up shots and more effective rapid fire.
That comes at the direct expense of concealment however. It's just the way things are. A single stack pistol will usually be significantly slimmer than a double-stacked one but will hold much fewer rounds in the magazine.

The way I see it, if you want to min/max get a Glock 26 with a +2 pinky extension and back it up with a 33rd stick mag. It's kinda wide but not massive.

PMR30

But take for instance the five-seven. It has for instance very good armor penetration, but is $1200. Why not use it if money is not an object?

REVY GET BACK IN THE FUCKING BOAT!
>DUTCH LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!
>WHERE THE FUCK IS ROCK?
REVY FUCK OFF I'M TRYING TO NEGOTIATE!
>FUCK YOU ROCK!
REVY!
>DUTCH!

An accurate depiction of communication during a firefight.

DAYUM THAT BITCH GOT BIG HANDS

I know I know but pic related is light for cc, can easily carry 30 rounds, and with the right ammo you can make it through IIIA armor.

Attached: AAA1026C-DE0C-48FC-8D53-5DE03E20523B.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

g19 frame with g34 slide

If money is no worry then go with a 5.7

Loved this anime since I was a teenager. Wanted a gun so I figured a good first gun was an m92fs. I realized very quickly that they had to re-draw her hands cos otherwise she'd have hugely disproportionate rookers

Because it’s a big gun. Concealibility is a factor in OP’s question too and unless you’re a lardass, it’ll be hard to reasonably conceal the Five-seveN.

>stopping power/rate of fire
A machine pistol in .45AARP. Now go back to /v/

It's a much bigger gun. Also the armor penetration is only with ammo that civilians can't buy. The vmax stuff is basically glorified .22 magnum, at which rate 9mm is more powerful and useful.

>b-b-b-but muh Fort Hood shooter!

beretta 84
the 92 for people with small hands (and hate frame safeties)

>in terms of concealability and stopping power/rate of fire
P365, super compact but with 10+1 capacity due to innovative magazine design.

9mm is ideal. When it comes to common pistol calibers "stopping power" is a huge meme. Unless you move up to bigger boy rounds like full power 10mm, 357 mag etc.

Browning Hi-Power for slim fit and style

Attached: mk3 Hi Power.jpg (275x183, 5K)

Attached: A75601A8-9AE7-4AB4-ABDB-39D7D033D8D4.jpg (1680x1050, 365K)

>unironically recommending a meme modern SIG when budget isn't a factor

kek

Pic related is a what? Not everyone here is jon rambo mr.highspeed lowdrag

Attached: 1532575237675.jpg (500x500, 26K)

Done. If I had the money, I would have this.

FN 57

Name me a $3000 subcompact that isn’t some gaudy Zev or Taran Glock. I’ll wait.

t. underage or t. boomer

imagine not knowing what a five seven is.

Is that not a kahr? Looks like shit js

Attached: 1545250927091-pol.jpg (538x808, 191K)

money is literally never an object because you can buy any caliber handgun for a reasonable price and 1 box of 20 rounds and never have to shoot 1 round your entire life

Attached: deaddog25.png (1203x915, 1.89M)

Like a Korth Sky Ranger? This is your brain on Glocks, folks. "Expensive" means "meme parts for the one true pistol."

>reading comprehension

Wew

Glock 29 with a giggle switch installed. Good concealment with maximum energy transfer in a very short amount of time. With Civil Defense ammo, you could probably turn someone's chest cavity into pulp with a mag dump. CCW uses are definitely going to be in FA range, so you can actually hit reliably. It'll also make the average street thug fuck off real quick if you somehow don't kill them with a 9 round burst of 10mm. This is definitely the best choice for what you're asking, especially since an NFA'd Glock switch will be incredibly expensive if you could ever find one.

If you want maximum one-shot stopping power, getting your hands on the .50 BMG pistol would be right up your alley. If that's literally impossible to get like I think it is, I would unironically carry a big iron like a .460 or .454 with a ~6" barrel. The speeds those guns achieve give them terminal ballistics comparable to a rifle and are much more likely to fuck someone with one hit than anything that goes below 1800 fps.

For maximum capacity, get yourself a PMR30, or a Five-seveN if you're worried about reliability. This is probably the least important thing for a CCW since the chance a gangster-serial-killer-rapist is going to engage in an actual firefight once he realizes his target is armed is practically zero.

If you just want concealment, the Beretta Tomcat is an adorable piece you could almost throw in your lighter pocket. The reliability and stopping power is good enough for a pocket pistol and you'd be surprised how many .32 ACPs you can fit in a single stack mouse gun.

>2018
>A fucking revolver

Mk.23 for that 90s spook look or just a USP. Fuck man I don't know.

hipoint 916. money aint an issue, but im not lavish

>a gangster-serial-killer-rapist is going to engage in an actual firefight once he realizes his target is armed is practically zero
This is the simple fact that all caliber war posters ignore

Attached: 1868CC08-5B4D-4413-AD32-C139C64415C2.jpg (565x378, 37K)

based

Cylinder and slide browning hi-power, devel full house s&w 59, cajun gun works cz 75 d pcr, or wilson combat beretta 92g compact.

I have tried to argue this to every single "muh capacity" fag that I come across, but their argument is always something retarded like "what if you have to shoot 19 niggers?" Like, dude, you're probably dead even with a gun if you're being attacked by a literal mob that doesn't fuck off after a couple shots.

>believing that a nigger will always act in one specific way

Attached: C96BF33A-D918-420B-B476-B20E8E128F68.jpg (552x423, 46K)

AR-15 pistol

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 157K)

actually, scrap, I would much rather have a frame-mounted safety beretta 92 compact by allegheny gun works

If you put dirt, a primer, and powder in the chamber, i'm fairly sure it would ignite. This will munch even rocks.

Attached: XVV104A-S-F1-H.jpg (1500x969, 265K)

I'd advise going to a local gun range and asking for a recommendation from a regular there. While I'm sure lots of people here can advise you on a quality purchase as other people in this thread have said training will usually be the more important factor. Plus they might even be willing to let you try out guns to see what you like better personally, since you'll be the one who has to actually carry it around and shoot it to get proficient with it your personal preference will be more important than ours. Also people are really flattered when you take there recommendation on something, and getting in the good graces of people who presumably have fired a lot more guns than you, and are within convenient driving distance of you will make the learning process easier.

A Glock 26 will give you a small profile handgun with a 10 round clip in 9mm. That's a tough one to beat because it will do its thing very reliably.