/gq/ - gear queer

Guys really live in apartments like this and don't see any issue Edition, also Christmas 2.0

>General information
pastebin.com/4X2gsVwS

>Medical
pastebin.com/QBpu5LXP

>Holsters
pastebin.com/U1TGprv7

>Radio and communications
pastebin.com/MHq7QmmD

>Discord
discord.gg/YcUXd28

Previous thread:

Attached: 41974093_2150281261958855_3041310245453299712_n.jpg (960x960, 138K)

Other urls found in this thread:

raptortactical.com/home/48-raptor-modified-individual-first-aid-kit-mifak.html#/94-medical_supplies_-no_content/6-color-coyote_brown
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1431245-REG/aurora_c010100_night_vision_camera.html/?ap=y&gclid=CjwKCAiA3vfgBRB9EiwAkfpd3BXf-tLPdEC_O6rQS5YEXIrFXEkifCxcGNTKs1OkVdviX-syNznLNxoCT6YQAvD_BwE&lsft=BI:514&smp=Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

putting together a belt for classes, larping, ect.
have:
double subgun kywi
double pistol taco
level 2 midride with strap
getting:
this ifak
raptortactical.com/home/48-raptor-modified-individual-first-aid-kit-mifak.html#/94-medical_supplies_-no_content/6-color-coyote_brown
a CAT tourniquet
and kydex holster for said tq

anything else I should add?

Do you have any sort of high vis marking on the belt, or a way to get navigation equipment as well? Just stuff you can switch depending on the event you’re at.

hadn't thought of that. by something hivis you mean like reflective gear or glowsticks? As far as nav, I guess an admin pouch would be good for my cell phone and/or a dedicated handheld gps when I get around to it.

dumb fucking question, faggot.

magpouch or gp pouch for a multitool

VH17 Panel. Something high vis. If just use a pistol mag pouch for the multi tool user suggested below. Don’t listen to the unhelpful fucks on this board that just went to Shit up threads.

is it acceptable to use your belt for just holding canteens and a mag dump pouch to pick up garbage you find while camping

thanks dudes.

get a multitool with a pocket clip so you can have it on you at all times, not just with your "highsppedopr8r" faggot kit

Sure? I never said not to? I personally pocket it daily and move it to a pouch when I'm out since it's easier to access and more secure if I'm doing a lot of moving.

Can anyone id the pieces in this setup? Namely the plate carrier

Attached: 1510531994472.jpg (2988x3250, 1.49M)

>get a multitool with a pocket clip so you can have it on you at all times
carrying a multitool around all the time is pretty lame desu

shellback tactical banshee 2

Can anyone link the new issue of /gq/ magazine?

Ranger green banshee 2.0 with a haley flat pack.
Yikes desu, niggas really asking $250+ or $350 MSRP for a carrier that should be $200

as the person who they were suggesting this to. I work in a shop full of all the tools I need for work. When I'm skating I have skate specific tools with me in a bag that I keep in my car with my board. So EDCing a multitool would be redundant. Definitely gonna get a quality one to dedicate to my kit as the keychain one I keep in my car is only good for stuffing joints and cutting mouthpieces for said joints.

Thanks user

I just bought an AMTC MO-3-2 Night Vision Monocular so i could get into the night vision game. i read ATN is now the name and AMTC is an old name. i also heard night vision tubes burn out? how did i do? any guides to night vision maintenance?

Attached: s-l400.jpg (400x400, 17K)

>any guides to night vision maintenance?
there's really not a lot you do at the user level except clean lenses and wipe off dust. it's supposed to stay sealed and if you open up the unit you'll let moisture in.

Do normal arc rails fit on the team wendy bump shell? I like everything about the tw helmet except the rails

Any assault pack recommendations? Currently looking at Mystery Ranch and Huron.

How many liters? How many days? How much stuff?

Is there a better way to combine a camelbak and D3CRM than just putting both on a PC?

Attached: 3 slings.jpg (2921x2576, 3.52M)

I have one, am I lame?

Are you me?

>VH17 Panel
First of all it's a VS17 Panel (Visual Signal). Secondly, they are too heavy duty and therefore too heavy. I like the high vis panels that come with some of the aircrew uniforms. They are super light, though they are orange only. Most signaling that any of us will likely need is:
>over here!
>come and fucking get me!
so the VS17 is overkill.

~30ish liters or 3 days.

Do not stare at lights. Use the shit out of it before you upgrade to a US Gen 2 or 3 or Photonis. I started with garbage and upgraded afterwards, but learned a lot along the way (including what the limitations of cheaper gear are). Keep it dry - it is likely not a truly sealed unit. KIM that a lot of accessories intended for Gen 3 may not work well with it. Do not spend a ton on accessories that will not be forward compatible with gear to which you may upgrade later. Do not let lasers reflect into it. Consider the unit a lost cause if it goes into failure mode. Only better units are really standardized with readily available parts. ATN will put any tube that they can get into a unit so you do not know what you need to find until you open the unit - and it is usually not readily available.

Field training pack.

Fuck metric

Camelbak Motherlode or BFM
Eberlestock bandit or half track

Professional Army NVG fixer here, always keep your lens cap on unless in low light and don’t ever take it apart unless you can nitrogen seal it back. These guys get it

Attached: 45A23B49-3DF8-4133-93F5-22CE1BCD87E4.gif (351x198, 779K)

i like to hide mine

Attached: IMG_2693.jpg (1080x1920, 398K)

Here’s my fucking around slav gear, I need to get a plate carrier. I can’t decide between ranger green or coyote

Attached: 4A4FFC19-CF88-404D-9EBB-30FA76DA8819.jpg (2748x1536, 1.07M)

oof doubt it

RANGER GREEN M8

I like the half track, thanks.

what pants do I get that aren't crye

kuhl, prana, railriders

Arcteryx

Beyond, Patagonia, Jackie Chan

do you guys CC under your gunbelts?

For what purpose would you CC if you're wearing one of those belts?

If you were already CCing before you put it on. I CC at ranges.

>File: 41974093_2150281261958855(...).jpg (138 KB, 960x960)

wtf is this??

Attached: tumblr_oiyhnpRfEz1upvjnmo1_500.jpg (500x498, 50K)

No, tw has proprietary rails and opscore rails will not work with a TW shell.
You can cut a VS-17 to size.

Attached: 0A6927FF-CBFB-464E-A4AD-5CAE9A65724B.jpg (2839x2660, 2.26M)

Yugo rig? I've seen that one around, but I forget where it's from

Im pretty hard for tactical cubby holes.

Attached: Tactical Cubby Holes.jpg (500x375, 53K)

Well my gun belt contains a gun, so no.

Attached: entry.png (978x616, 1.01M)

Anyone have experience with Ronin's PC?

Attached: ronin AL.jpg (1600x1371, 972K)

I get where you’re going with this but no. Scale your force to the situation. Your LARP gear isn’t just for LARPING. If Daesh comes creaming over the berm in a Little Bird, your first thought shouldn’t be “oh fuck, am I CCing?” It should be to shoot them with the weapon you’re holding. If you’re worried about the 10 steps between your vehicle and the firing line, keep your CC on you until you’re ready to put your gun belt on, then place it in your range bag with your other guns. After you’re finished, place your Gucci shit in your bag and retrieve your CC. I know I’m working with some high-minded concepts here but I think you can break free enough of your years of institutional inbreeding to follow me to the promised land.

They seem to be pretty strong operators who don't know how to operate a camera. This tells me they have a better chance of building good stuff because they want good stuff instead of building stuff just to make money.

I think its good

what do you guys typically put in a 3 day pack? I've only every really worn small sustainment packs or giant packs.

What should I leave out of my 3 day pack? what should I focus on packing?

Attached: ffB9rWRmd9-_T9v3CevfvylVXUWuCKh9Az83aiWpJIj_6tThq8hz-uoLY7Nzf1TVh7kecZlUSeBHd-sQVOyXeDXmVB0j4odAFaMA (300x168, 8K)

A JPC 1.0 without any of the hypalon made by AWS for a lot more.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

are these a meme?
color night vision can record and be mounted on helmets and rifles works with IR devices

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1431245-REG/aurora_c010100_night_vision_camera.html/?ap=y&gclid=CjwKCAiA3vfgBRB9EiwAkfpd3BXf-tLPdEC_O6rQS5YEXIrFXEkifCxcGNTKs1OkVdviX-syNznLNxoCT6YQAvD_BwE&lsft=BI:514&smp=Y

Yes they're a meme, they're like Gen 2. Do not buy them and expect pvs-14 results.

Attached: IMG_20180929_173719828_BURST001.jpg (4032x3024, 2.95M)

Bosnian actually. It’s an Armija Bih

Attached: 2078DF2D-1065-4B91-B8EE-2F208E9908DC.jpg (2048x1955, 1.19M)

also, what is the recommended pack size for a 3 day pack?

since i live in a warm-ish climate (almost never snows) i can get away with a USGI green sleeping bag, a ground pad, and a bivvy for my sleep system. then beyond that just pack water, food, extra clothes, stove, first aid kit, etc.

so for me 40L is more than enough with the sleeping bag inside and with the ground pad strapped to the outside.

It’s not hard to do a google search. Sorry I have fat fingers and I mistyped Shit dad.

Why is mystery ranch so expensive? Is it just hype now? I remember back when their $800+ was back at ~$350-500.

Are they worth? Or should I just go with Eberlestock?

I have no experience with plate carriers other than those I was issued during service. I don't understand what you're trying to tell me.

He’s saying it’s not worth what they’re trying to sell it at.

Attached: F15B9747-74C3-4FF7-904C-20134C43DA76.jpg (4032x1710, 2.49M)

The only ones that aren't a meme are GPNVG level expensive.

>I remember back when their $800+ was back at ~$350-500
I remember when they were still Dana Design (and have some awesome stuff of theirs from back then)

Thank you for clarification. If I like the style of Ronin's PC, who makes one like it for a more realistic price?

Crye JPC

Thanks. And plates? Looking for standalone IV. Please excuse my ignorance; I'm sure this gets asked a lot here.

Hesco
Highcom
Velocity System
BulletProofMe

So long as you go by what the pastebin lists out for sellers and manufacturers, you can't go wrong.

I didn't even notice the pastebin. Wew. Thanks again.

Does anyone at all make an every day hiking boot that isn't garbage

what does that mean

I wear merrels on every deployment.
>me on the left

Attached: 620AC364-8CA2-481E-9028-E439768E28E8.jpg (1600x1200, 550K)

Shitloads.

The important thing is try them on. If you can buy from somewhere with a good return policy. Shoes aren't like clothes. It's not like a little bit of extra fabric will just hang off-instead extra size makes your foot slip and can cause blisters or premature wear to the shoe. Undersized and it's not just a little tight, after a full day it's hell.

I personally recommend Salomon. I do not like merrels. Nothing against them, they just don't fit my feet. My best friend swears by them, and this is someone whose opinion I trust and respect. He's not wrong, his feet are just different from mine. Shoes more than almost any other kind of gear very much depend upon you.

With that out of the way, try out Merrel, Salomon and Lowa. If one of those three doesn't work for you, it's not the shoes, you're wrong.

What size are your feet and what is your climate?