Flintlock thread

>moving to a cucked state so im leaving all my funs to avoid registering
>taking my flintlock to use as HD before i get a gun when i get there
any recommendations on kit all i have right now is cheap basic bitch shit
was looking into getting a tricorn hat and pouches but IDK where to start
(pic related is a stock photo of my rifle)

Attached: Pedersoli-Kentucky-Flintlock-Rifle-19.jpg (800x600, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php?title=Moving_to_California_with_firearms#Bring_your_guns_when_you_move_here
solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=28777
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Which state?

CA

Just get a basic 870 or Mossberg 500. No problem with those at all.

>taking my flintlock to use as HD before i get a gun when i get there
>BEFORE
there is a waiting period plus my wife would be pissed if i went out and bought a gun first thing
also this is bait isnt is

Ship your swivel gun with grapeshot as well
>Tally ho lads

Attached: download_20180821_135808.png (926x680, 602K)

Can y9u not own a double barrel or pump action shotgun in ca?

Otherwise just bring one of your other guns and don't tell anybody. Fuck communism.

Just bring a gun and don't tell anyone. You'll be fine.

seealso becoming a felon is not on the todo list

Why not a bolt gun? It seems many times more practical for defense. Unless you just want to get into bp

because a bolt gun is a "gun" this is just a muzzleloader

>tricorn hat
Go on townsends for some generic cheaper stuff unless you want to specifically larp for something
>pouches
Depends on what gun you're getting, different calibers will need different sized holes cut in boxes. I'd get gun first, learn how to use it, then get box for it.
Also where in ca? You can be my flintlock buddy and we can go to ranges and just dab on fudds and mallninjas.

Attached: IMG_20181207_212028.jpg (3024x4032, 2.99M)

Oh haha, misread. Honestly it really depends on how you want to keep your powder/bullets. Since you have a rifle, it might be more convenient (and traditional) to have a bullet bag and a powderhorn, but if you're comfortable making and using cartridges then go for a box. Track of the wolf and Godwin's probably have ones that would fit you better. Not sure what you meant by other kit though.

Solano County
i make paper cartridges now just keep them in my coat pocket
> Not sure what you meant by other kit though.
me too lol im a blackpowder noob thx for the recommendations tho

Yeah no prob, im down in the south bay innawoods. Lmk if you want my throwaway to shoot sometime or something.

definitely, although im not moving till end of jan
i didnt go to Highschool out there so i dont know anybody just my senpai

[email protected]
Hit me up any time

i live in CA. you are a retard. out of all the cuck states for guns CA is the least worst. you can buy almost everything here as long as you know what you are doing and make it look a certain way. we are nowhere near as cucked as the north east. you can buy everything here except >10 round mags. unlike most of the rest of americas cuck states, CA actually has castle doctrine law which grants you the legal fear of life required to shoot someone just for being in your house uninvited. suck on that midwest faggots

you can bring your guns legally into CA as long as they are CA legal you moron. just bring your home defense pump shotty when you move. or bring your AR15, upper separated from lower, and buy a $15 cuck plastic fin grip when you get here. you DO own a pump shotgun, right?

Now that's a good goy. Leave those dangerous assault weapons behind you. Nobody needs to own those.

Attached: 1499111894296.jpg (400x337, 25K)

the whole country is a cuck state
legalize nukes and meth NOW!!

wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php?title=Moving_to_California_with_firearms#Bring_your_guns_when_you_move_here

(a) Within 60 days of bringing a handgun, and commencing
January 1, 2014, any firearm, into this state, a personal firearm
importer shall do one of the following:
(1) Forward by prepaid mail or deliver in person to the
Department of Justice, a report prescribed by the department
including information concerning that individual and a
description of the firearm in question.
(2) Sell or transfer the firearm in accordance with the
provisions of Section 27545 or in accordance with the provisions
of an exemption from Section 27545.
(3) Sell or transfer the firearm to a dealer licensed pursuant
to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive.
(4) Sell or transfer the firearm to a sheriff or police
department.

you have 2 months after you get here to send in the $19 registration paper. there is no waiting period for guns you already own and bring with you. clearly you didnt spend 5 minutes on google before you posted this faggotry

>the whole country is a cuck state
its true. we are being flooded at massive levels

Attached: 1542218423306.jpg (992x744, 160K)

yes i own a pump but its like literally 50 years old and not in any system
all my guns are as close to untraceable as they can be without not having numbers
Im just trying to play it super safe with the law an not register anything i dont have to. for me that means dont bring it

buck and ball and get something that takes a triangular socket bayonet and was made for military use so you can also bash someone's head in with the butt stock. May as well throw in a pair of flintlock manstopper pistols and a pocket pistol with folding trigger By the way why not a double barrel percussion shotgun loaded with 00 and a shotgun bayonet (yes they exist for side by side shotguns) and a few 36 and 44 revolvers? O and an eagle head hanger or brass hilt hanger to cut and stab what remains.

So many women and children. We need to get rid of our borders its inhumane to keep them out

see i did google it i did read that
im not registering shit

so buy a cheap mossberg in your current "red state" and bring it with you as your dedicated "cuck state throwaway". after you are done using it for home defense in CA, sell it when you leave

>im not registering shit
ok buddy well enjoy using a shitty flintlock on some illegals with a stolen glock. cant help stupids. if you want a carry license you will need to use a registered handgun but you sound sub-21 years old and way too immature for firearms anyway

There was no long gun registration pre-2014 and no requirement to registred long guns. So in theory, you bought and owned your HD shotgun back in California in 2012 right? Good. See that wasn't so hard

no shit its almost as if youre reading off the CALDOJ site wowowowwowow
also i have my CC permit and 7 handguns
im 22

lol i was 16 and 3k miles away in 2012

>im 22
yes i can tell from the attitude and way you write you are an angsty little naive faggot half my age. CA has no CC reciprocity so if you want to non-felony carry in CA you will need a CA permit. here im feeling generous, pick your apartment location based on this map if you want to carry in CA. you want a green zone

Attached: CACCWCounties.png (1000x1333, 920K)

The point is nobody knows that. If cops run a serial it's perfectly expected that a long gun won't show up as registered because registration only started a few years ago. That shotgun was given to me by my father in 2013 officer. "Ok sonny, my computer doesn't say otherwise so I believe your story"

You realize there's no way for them to know what private property you bring into the state, right? lmao, enjoy your flintlock when shit hits the fan you fucking moron.

Attached: 1542947428749.jpg (1440x1080, 891K)

what is reasonable good cause
i actually have been attacked by violent people b4 (there was a court case an everything assault and attempted murder) if i tell them the gun makes me feel safe is that enough

it depends entirely on the county and agency. the red counties only consider being a millionaire, celeb, or democrat affiliated political party member or top donor as good cause. light green will expect you to be a business owner, somebody who handles cash, works alone late at night, etc.

dark green will automatically issue as long as you arent criminally prohibited and dont set off alarm bells during your interview. all you need is "I want to carry for self defense" as your cause statement there

.what county are you moving to?

>enjoy your flintlock when shit hits the fan you fucking moron

I will, not OP. People like you are fucking cancer to gunz, go out immediately and buy a lintlock, they are fucking great. Also try not lying in bed alternating between fapping and reading doomer apocalypse crap on the hyperlie. The only thing that ensures if you will come last every fucking time with women, money, friends, property and work. The only shit hitting anything is the shit you type hitting this board

Solano
i feel like my cause is good enough wtf guy almost killed me an my wife and i was almost defenseless because of PAs bullshit carry laws

This. Imagine a 550 grain .72 caliber lead ball hitting any part of your body at 1200fps. That said, considering he hasn't bought the gun yet, OP is kind of dumb for picking a flintlock over a percussion gun

i did buy it
ive owned it for a year and killed 3 deer with it

>i feel like my cause is good enough
lmao you are going to hate living in a cuck state i can already tell. you think CA gives a shit? you think the liberal chieftains who govern over their leftist sanctuary-city enclaves care about your opinion on cause for self defense??? you got a lot to learn about cuck states buddy.

solano is not the worst county for issuance but certainly not the best. assuming you have a clean criminal record, you might squeak by if you play up the fact that people attacked you, and exaggerate a bit and allude that they might still be looking for revenge or something etc etc. obviously the more proof you can provide from court docs like you mentioned, the better. solano and related counties expect like a full page minimum explaining why you need a handgun for carry. so just cuck yourself out and go to them with a lowly, humble peasant attitude begging for protection because you are afraid of the people who are out to get you. definitely play up the fact you already had a CC in another state for a time. i doubt you will get one in solano though, sorry to say. but it could happen. you definitely have a 50/50 shot at least, so i would go for it. solano is a shit county in that they require all the app fees and paperwork up front, which is total bullshit and not in line with CA law. you will have to pay like $250 non refundable fees regardless of if you get rejected or approved. other counties only require like $25 or $35 up front for initial screening and only charge the other $200 to process your permit if you are approved.

also there is a residency requirement, so its not like you will move here and apply. you have to be a county resident for a period of time

well looks like i was off a bit on the fee amounts but here:

solanocounty.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=28777

nice thing about solano is they do everything online which is convenient

thx man i knew most of that stuff but the internet page reads like greek as far as actually clarifying shit
they just make the law as confusing as shit so they can arbitrarily deny rights

yeah that and the fact they couldnt give two shits about processing permits for citizens to carry handguns. its not exactly something they care to prioritize. so be prepared for long waits. its common to wait almost a year just for the initial interview since they only have one or two guys processing apps, who only do it once or twice a week.

OP haz conviction for domestic violence or felony?

no
i do have
(possession small amount marj)

You are probably in trouble then. From my experience, and from having talked candidly about the topic in Rotary (Rich old people club, long story) with a guy that was actually in charge of issuing them for most of his adult life.
A. Women, who are victims of domestic abuse
B. Relatives of cops that vouched for them
C. Small Business owners.
Saying that they don't really want to give them to people that have even the fringe chance of using them in a case that is not open, and shut in court. So if you are a 20 something with no military, or police background who is new in town, and not operating your own business you will be waiting a while.

You may very well be a prohibited person. You could try buying a basic shotgun and see if you old state even bothered to tell CA about your conviction- it may very well have not. I'm not an atty- if you're passionate enough, contact at a 2A atty from the California Rifle and Pistol Assn.

BTW- a prohibited person is a prohibited person. You might be able to buy a M/L and blackpowder and components, but if you get stopped by the cops things could go south quick.

But hey, on the bright side ounces of weed are down to $59.00 in CA these days. There's a fucking billboard in my neighborhood for a dispensary.

>may very well be
wtf does that mean

BP user here. Okay first things first don't get a fucking flintlock. Get a caplock shotgun or rifle if you have to get a long arm. Flintlocks basically require REAL black powder for reliable function and all you're going to be finding without spending a shitload of money online is substitute. Second, my recommendation for modern combat black powder is an 1858 new army revolver replica. You can swap out the cylinders and can get pretty quick with practice the extras are reasonably priced too. Third, just bring your fucking pump action, you'll be fine.

it means:
"Might be a prohibited person"...i.e. (do I have to define that too?) you can't purchase or possess a firearm of any kind, including black powder.

>goex 2f $18/lb
>pyrodex $24/lb
Also you can ignore the hazmat fee if you buy at ass pro or some other lgs. Caplock isn't as fun as flintlock anyways.

>Caplock isn't as fun as flintlock anyways.
Absolutely true, but when it comes to home defense I'd take reliability over fun any day of the week. Was just assuming OP would think the same. As for local black powder you're a lucky son of a bitch. It's extraordinarily rare for locals to put up with the restrictions required to have it in stock. Not a single store in my entire town will do it.

It's usually big box stores like Cabela's or basspro, and even then sometimes. Guess I've been lucky.

but i buy guns all the time
at a gun store
and i pass the extra check for pistols here

i already own it
have owned it for a year now

Welp. My reading comprehension is 10/10, can't you tell? Anyway I guess you could make some paper cartridges or get those little plastic speed loaders they sell. I can't vouch for them since I've never used them myself but they do exist. Beyond that maybe look into the old military buck and ball loadings they liked to use and keep your powder dry at all costs. Maybe invest in a ball puller just in case the worst comes to happen.

If so then you can buy a rifle or shotgun no sweat in CA.

have the plastic things have the ball puller and i make my cartridges
was considering buck&ball but i have a rifled barrel
wouldn't be too bad indoors but if i had to go outside idk

join a club, they order in bulk for redistribution to their members

Well man flintlocks don't tend to be terribly modular to begin with so it seems you've got about everything in hand. I really do think you'd be fine using your other guns though since they're compliant.
I've looked. Out of luck I'm afraid. I stocked up when I got the chance though so I ought to be good for the next couple years.

ok im just using regular drawing paper should i be using some special paper or anything
do you have a recommendation for a cartridge box

My choice for my pistol is extra long cigarette rolling paper with some wax. It's thin and doesn't leave too much residue behind when firing but any paper that works for you is totally fine. Never really bothered with paper cartridges for my rifle. Some militia troops used to make them out of old newspapers though if that's any indication of how flexible you can be. As for a cartridge box I'm afraid I can't help you there, I usually just end up pocketing mine.

Don't forget your tactical tricorn and petticoat, also invest in a kettle so you can have tea brewing for the constables when they arrive after you shoot jamal

I want to make an assault musket, what's the cheapest rifle I can get?

All in full on period clothing, with gentleman like manners.