Why do only pistols have the magazine in the grip...

Why do only pistols have the magazine in the grip? Isn't it a cheap way to get a longer barrel without needing bullpup designs?

Attached: 1516002611929.jpg (1023x683, 146K)

Because rifle length cartridges are too long , the magazine well would be gigantic and getting a good grip wouldn't be possible, which would negatively affect your marksmanship

But of course you knew that, what a waste of a thread, I can't believe I took the time to reply to this

My wife left me

notice the angle of the mag vs grip angle vs tapered cartridges

Attached: fml.png (308x164, 8K)

>He thinks you can fit a full-length rifle cartridge in a pistol grip

Either you're a dumbass or you have andre the giant sized hands

Attached: 1545262081086.jpg (751x799, 69K)

I'm sorry to hear that user. You'll make it through.

What prevents the magazines from sticking out of the grip? As long as the magazine well/grip is long enough to cover the hand, it should function well enough.

Youre right. This is why ar pistol carbines are not optimal. But since everyone knows ars. They just accept its ergonomics.

Attached: 241D4D0F-1566-42C2-BAAF-40AC13EB3110.jpg (899x335, 56K)

why can't we just compress the powder and shorten cartridges? it's not like we fill them up to the brim to begin with anyways

Attached: 5.56x20.png (250x862, 266K)

Because you would get a breach explosion dumb fuck, and because you decided in your infinite wisdom to place the magazine in the pistol grip, the breach is located directly above and in front of your hand, guess what that means for you?

You really are a specimen

holy shit are you baiting or are you really this stupid

you can make it as long as you want but most people don't have 40 inch long hands so its width is limited to how wide a person's grip is

god dammit

So your idea to get rifle cartridges to fit inside a pistol grip is to make them shorter...

Congratulations you've just invented the FN Five-Seven

Good for you numbnuts

jeez the negativity is palpable

your idea is retarded, it's nothing personal

Attached: 1462824042806.jpg (355x417, 40K)

No, just no love lost for morons who don't understand the concept of Google.

You may not like it. But this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: weapon_kel-tec_sub-2000.jpg (700x504, 69K)

Careful how fast you move with that thing shoulderd. Goddamn rudder on the front of the gun might make lateral movements a bit difficult.

So with five-seven style bullets then . What's the downside?

It's been tried, but rifle rounds are too long to be comfortably contained in a pistol grip, and trying to just do it anyway leads to some awful fucking ergonomics.

nobody makes special chode rounds just to facilitate making intermediate power rifles with pistol grip magazines because that's stupid.

meanwhile in Norway

Attached: patentdwg.jpg (426x358, 32K)

Look up the MP7

You have to pul the first one out and move the other one forward. And the cartridge is absolute shit-tier

What about tilting the bullets, or even having them vertically stored?

nice trips, but you probably shouldn't stack spitzer rounds ass to mouth for reasons that should be obvious

That sucks, user. Getting mad at obvious troll threads is not the answer though, just try not to drink too much and maybe start lifting weights if you're not already.

I think what he's trying to say is why not have the grip and the magazine in the same location on the frame of the gun, but have the mag well tilted at like 30 degrees to either side. Sorta like a side feed mag. That way you can keep the grip small and benefit from longer barrel

Why? What's the mode of failure? Bullets don't usually go off inside a magazine, do they?
No, not at all.