I Explored A Mining Town

I explored a abandoned town about a year ago. I just thought this might be the place to put my findings.

This town used to be a mining town but just like every other mining town, the mine dried up and the town dried up with it.
The railroad ran though the town until the lines switched to a more efficient line.
I brought my standard gear with a USP and a SKS (I’m a sucker for slavshit)
The town was pretty bare, a grocery store with nothin in it, a bunch of piles of trash and a abandoned car that had been stripped clean.
The only interesting thing I came across was the old Mine Office. I decided against going into the mine because I’d rather not end up dead but I did look through the office. Nothing really special but there was a bunch of shit about something called “Actinolite Asb” the papers had some numbers for old building companies but nothing really interesting.

Thoughts?

Attached: 6051AA85-372F-472A-8CFC-FE37729256CA.jpg (670x447, 49K)

why didnt they just defuse the mine instead of building a whole town around it

All of the companies where building companies, I don’t know what was actually mines because most of the papers where taken. What remained was mostly just papers regarding sales and etc

/out/

I assume the mine funded the town to house the workers and incentivize them to come work in such a remote area. No one wants to work all the way out in the middle of nowhere

Actinolite Asb
read: asbestos

Miners are men amongst men.

It’s safe to go into those mines now right? The dust is the shit that is harmful and it would’ve settled by the time I had explored the mind.

>thoughts
What the fuck about this is Jow Forums by any fucking measure besides the fact you decided to mention you brought guns with you, which was a worthless mention at that and I assume an attempt to thinly veil your shitpost.

Is this a real fucking question?
How do you think the dust settled, fucktard? By not being disturbed by jack shit. Guess what happens the second you even start tip toeing on it? It gets disturbed and put into the air.

>shitpost
>story about exploring abandoned town

One of these things is not like the other

because other people encourage this kind of bullshit by saying its 'Jow Forums approved' to run around an abandoned building with guns and shit and pretend you're a stalker.

>thread about exploring an abandoned town on a weapons board
>not a shitpost because it briefly mentions guns which pose no relevance to this story
It's okay I know that sounded better in your head

This is a good post user. I like innawoods stories like this. Where was this town? I'd like to check it out if I'm nearby, or add it to my list and take a road trip. Did you do the stalker challenge? That'd make it a bit more Jow Forums related

I tried to make it as close to that as possible but it ended up with some loose ends.

I’d rather not disclose the location (for privacy purposes) but also because it was such a neat nook that was kinda known around here as a local legend

Hobo with internet here, come on now, not the same user that asked where it is, but I'd like a town to myself instead of currently freezing my ass off in an alley next to a Starbucks.

A dime a dozen where I live. Currently live in a mining city that started as a mining camp and still pumps out ore. Several hundred abandoned mineshafts dot the hills and mountains, and there are 2 actual 1880s ghost towns nearby, one was attacked by a massive indian raid and abandoned (battle of McMillenville), other abandoned after the mine closed down.

Attached: 13315669_5064.jpg (528x960, 37K)

Ever trap your best enemy in an abandoned mine via tanernite? Would recommend.

No but I have scared the shit out of my friend in an abandoned mine before.

Looks like a decent place to hide the illegit son of an emperor while an assasin cult is trying to kill off his bloodline in order to open up the gates of hell.

Attached: sean martin.jpg (180x186, 8K)

I used to ride/drive past one along I-5 in Oregon and wonder about it. That was through the 90s and early 00s. I'm 100% sure it's the one in ops pic.

Planning on moving back to the PNW in about a year or two, might have to go check it out when I have the next chance.

no. the dust is not the shit that is harmful. what's harmful is carbon monoxide or any other of a litany of undetectable gases that can kill you. there's a reason that "canary in a coal mine" is a phrase.

One fist of iro
The other of steel
If the right one don't getcha then lefty one will

OP's pic is an abandoned mine camp in Alaska

>yfw OP goes into the mine cave and runs into antman that's been hiding all this time

Attached: 1544847394453.png (393x391, 175K)

Underrated post

Attached: 25655609-D4D7-41A3-B7C9-C50D0F57F4DF.jpg (301x324, 27K)

Hmmm... must be similar designs, been a whipe since I've been back there anyway. I appreciate the reply though.

Pl_thundermountain

photos of the Kennecott copper mine ruins in Alaska, somewhere I really want to visit some day. Ruins frozen in time.

Attached: 23476975_10213344394831610_1604557039_n.jpg (576x384, 61K)

cool thread but belongs in /out

Newfags don't that this is very Jow Forums. We used to have entire threads, very popular too, about exploring old, creepy locations with guns and milsurp.

Let the man talk

>saw the picture looked like china read it as mingming town

Attached: smile.gif (475x288, 3.47M)

Oh look, another "user pretends to kill himself" thread, now with even less Jow Forums relevance than usual!

Fuck off and grow up.

Oh look, Alaska.

It’s never fully safe to go into a mine, especially ones abandoned for decades if not even more. Regardless those particles would still be in the air and you’re turbo fucked if you kick up a cloud or something. Asbestos is no joke.

>the dust is not the shit that is harmful. what's harmful is carbon monoxide or any other of a litany of undetectable gases that can kill you.
it's not even about gases that can kill you, it's about the absence of gases that keep you alive.
Without proper ventilation (and trust me, proper ventilation usually stops the moment the mine goes out of business) there will not be enough oxygen to keep you alive. it will be replaced by other gases that may have similar density to oxygen (so you don't really notice any difference in breathing but now your brain will not get life supporting O2 - making the mine sort oa a one huge exit bag).

tl;dr don't even apporach old mines without proper O2 detector / oxygen mask

Dont u dare summom him i swear to god

I had milsup with me, my tent, my clothing, I looked like a German soldier
All of it flecktarn because it matches my location best

>implying I actually care about some lung cancer

I’m here for a good run, not a long run

lol looks like a team fortress 2 map

You went to Kennecott? That's a pic of the abandoned Kennecott mine in Alaska. It would be impassable this time anywhere around this time of year. I had relatives who worked there believe it or not.

I didn’t, I just used that as the image because I have a phobia of people knowing where I live

I guess it's pretty picturesque. Alright.

Jow Forums goes innawoods, Jow Forums goes unnaground, why would Jow Forums not go innamine?

Jow Forums needs secluded places to be autistic in a safe manner.

Did you make any photos of the place? How frequently is the place visited by others and how far off from beaten paths is it?

Nigga I've been to Kennecott, it's not abandoned, it's a tourist spot stop lying

carbon monoxide will bind to all your heme and spoil your blood. doesn't matter if there is also oxygen. so it is also about gases that will kill you.

Also animals, potential collapse, possibility of getting lost, old explosives, lots of fall danger..

I'm a NV fag, we have literally about 200,000 abandoned mines throughout the state, 50,000 of which are deemed to pose a serious danger to public safety. The saying is "Stay Out, Stay Alive" for a reason.

Oftentimes if you're around a mining area, you can be walking in the hills and come upon this random ass giant hole in the ground surrounded by old barbed wire with a warning sign. Sometimes you can't hear the rock hit the bottom if you throw one in

OP didn't go to Kenecott, he went to another mine. Read the rest of the thread pic not related.

It took me a solid 5 hours to get to it, 1 hour of which was in a majour road (majour for around here)

Jow Forums goes to work and goes to the store and goes to the bank and goes to the gas station etc etc etc, most of us do it while conceal carrying too.
Does that make them Jow Forums too? Are you telling me we're allowed to make threads about walking around inside them just because we're affiliated with firearms and we enter these establishments?
Again, better in your head. Do yourself a favor and stop.

Did you find a skinwalker yet?

But those are mundane and daily activities, Jow Forums going to a abandoned mine is a adventure my bruv

>The joke
>Your head

Are you Drax?

>on Jow Forums
>will willingly move back to the PNW
WA/OR are swiftly becoming Commiefornia colonies. Idaho is still based.

>Did you make any photos
I willing to bet you're European, and more specifically German.

Slavshit is bullshit