Overrated weapons

State the weapon, and why you think it’s overrated

>pic related

Mostly because in America they were essentially unobtainable until fairly recently and it had “muh Swiss craftsmanship”. In reality it’s a heavy, average accuracy gun that cost way too much to produce.

Attached: EA5E5F98-6982-4520-9377-C1E71EE3C5D0.jpg (650x555, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1941_Johnson_machine_gun
calibremag.ca/bt-apc226-non-restricted-excellence-at-a-price/
youtu.be/i908VCPdwQE?t=290
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The ak

>horrible ergos
>horrible accuracy

Lol wut?

Swiss arms are pretty. Ars are super overrated but interesting in their modularity and how many there are.

the real answer is the hk33 and g3

he wants attention

>one of the most used platforms ever
>overrated

How? G3 is still being produced.

Its an exceptionally accurate weapon with the right ammo, its heavier than an M16 but not by much, and theyre fucking very well made

t. Canadian who owned one.

Stop projecting your gelly.

AR15 platform

because it falls behind in every category to other offerings but people like you still defend it regardless

hence overrated

>too heavy
rifle was not designed for spending trillions of dollars running around clearing shitbrick huts. It was designed to perch in mountain and defend piles of gold
>accuracy
Checking at random rifles out of production, firing a 24round group with the Swiss ammunition Gw Pat.90 at a range of 300 m, of f the machine, the 50 % windage and elevation dispersion will be in the average only 7 x 7 cm. Any result from an individual weapon, will not exceed a max. dispersion of 11 x 11 cm

7x7 is sub moa

>cost
stop being poor

All b8 aside, basically any gucchi AR. You spend more money fixing what isn't broken and the only thing you get in return is the DI gas system and an empty wallet.

I'd rather waste away my life building a Sturmgewehr. No joke

Attached: k2-_1300c3bc-544a-4a27-8236-fa200d6809b6.v1.jpg (800x599, 118K)

That looks like a Adam Arms piston system, but it's not labeled as such.
>that barrel
>carbine length
WTF, what caliber is it?

>Heavy
It only weighs a pound more than the m16A2, but has an integrated bi-pod, folding stock and piston operating system for cold weather. All seem like a good trades based on Swiss military needs.

>average accuracy
My Sig Sauer upper shoots 2moa, so I cannot imagine the real ones are any worse than that.

>costs way too much
Non issue for mountain jews

>Swiss Craftsmanship
The machined parts don't have tool marks, welds are smooth and the finish is even; makes it better than 95% of military rifles.

Its not perfect, but a finer AK has never been made.

you can get away with a carbine length with an adjustable gas piston kit like the adams or superlative arms, you can adjust them to vent excess gas

I know, I own a midlength 5.56, and love it. Is yours a 5 position instead of a 3?

I have a midlength superlative arms piston kit and there's like 13 positions or something.
It's great and barely any heavier than a regular gas tube. Runs much much cleaner. I just wish I didn't have to use their propriety bolt carrier, but that's just the nature of the thing.

Attached: 20181221_205511.jpg (5305x1617, 2.62M)

>sig sauer

I’m sorry

“Sniper Rifle” lel

Attached: 5ADACBB2-A320-432F-B4DF-1D01AB7B827D.jpg (850x182, 20K)

HK91s and HK33s

HK33 is the perfect roller rifle.

Too heavy

How the fuck HK33 is overrated? HK roller-delayed family treats HK33 as step-child tho. She's underrated.

This guy gets it.

Attached: 1544317792488.png (1738x960, 474K)

A R 1 5
R

No other rifle compared though. Anti-ar fags are eternally salty

The AK was a hellauva weapon you could run it over with a tank and it would still fire.
>shoots blanks
The only thing is you can't hit the broadside of a barn with it
>smirks
The soviet union created drum magazines because they couldn't hit all the children with just 30 bullets.

Attached: 0.jpg (480x360, 11K)

>Browe Combat Optic
Oh look I’m not the only one

It's nice but I wish it had a 200m mark

It’s not that hard to etch one in there. You just need a soldering iron and the ability to do some basic math

Sig is an elite arms producer

Sounds like a horrible idea

I've heard of superlative arms, and have heard nothing but good things about it, the only thing I've done is add the roller cam pin from POF.
>Browe
How is it? Is it a ACOG killer?

>because it falls behind in every category to other offerings but people like you still defend it regardless
In its day it was one of the best choices available, and is still solid today.

Yeah, there are better guns now. It's been 60 fucking years (66 if we want to talk about the CETME) since the rifle was released, and unlike say an AR or AK, it has remained relatively unchanged throughout its service life. It's not like 7.62 real fuckin nato has stopped hurting, it works just as well as it ever did.

Not really.
>shoots softer than everything else
>extremely light
>ultra-reliable
>bolt design has completely changed the way the entire world does firearms; everyone copies Stoner's bolt

>Likes the AK
>Hates the G3/HK33
Every time the same nigger

t. Albanian subhuman

>any overpriced semi-auto shotgun
It fires shot shells exactly like everything else. The military used it so it's magically better than every shotgun that has come out since, including the same exact model made by the parent company.

Attached: benelli-m4-2.jpg (1000x500, 46K)

Are you retarded or just poor?

>s-stop calling me out
Sw*ss shit ruined Sig Sauer.

I dont you can put a lot of hay shit on it and a lotta gay shit down with it

Vepr12 is way better

>Jammer 12 works better than Italian shotgun

Attached: 1533954937795.gif (352x240, 854K)

>Stoners bolt
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

Yes.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1941_Johnson_machine_gun

nigga wut?

You...do know where the Sig in SigSauer came from, right?

Why not build yourself an fg42 instead?

Are you confusing the VEPR with a Saiga user? VEPRs run pretty well

>In reality it’s a heavy
If you think a SG 55x is heavy then you are a fucking manlet.

>average accuracy gun
Wrong. It has an excellent accuracy. It isn't the most a accurate but it is definitely more accurate out of the boxe than the majority of intermediate cartridge rifles. Especially for a standard military assault rifle.

>cost way too much to produce
You are paying for a very good manufacturing quality and QA/QC. Have you had at least one in your hands already ?
Plus Swiss manufacturing doesn't costs the same as american or chinese.
However it's true that the manufacturing process of a SG55x is more expensive that the CNC machining for exemple. But then it wouldn't be a SG55x anymore.

>>horrible accuracy

Attached: 1524724389801.jpg (200x197, 12K)

how can they complete?

Attached: 5701339_01_new_palmetto_state_armory_psa__640.jpg (640x480, 60K)

She's got a real SIG lower and I'm only in it for $900, so it's good enough for a poorfag's safe queen.

Supposedly some of the original 556 uppers were made by San SIG, but that's probably bullshit. Sauer is a meme at this point.

Please stop. You are embarrassing.

Meant Sauer&Sohn

Attached: 1545124752157.jpg (400x421, 14K)

Go back

All PCCs.

The weakness of a pistol round with the encumbrance of a rifle, literally taking the worst of both worlds.
This is also what I post in unpopular opinion threads.

SIG is shit.

If only the rattler was more affordable so we can get tiny smg sized rifles

Attached: mcx rattler.jpg (745x420, 85K)

No the 556 uppers were always made by SigSauer but some parts on the early models like the gas tube or the piston were imported from Switzerland.
And you can spot an american made upper with the missing metal on the front of it.

Attached: 9485983459837534.jpg (1720x1147, 100K)

you fucking dumb nigger

you are poor.

Nigger, you're wrong.
HK >>>> SHIT Sauer

post your guns.

>lebbit spacing
>shitting on popular things for attention

Attached: 1526564680765.png (625x626, 35K)

>SG55x/7xx
>popular
most people here are too poor to have even heard of SAN Swiss Arms.

On that note, the B&T APC 223. Check out this review:
>calibremag.ca/bt-apc226-non-restricted-excellence-at-a-price/
>The best group came from Remington Premier Accutip 50 grain polymer tipped boat tails, at 1.53 MOA.
>That’s pretty decent accuracy, of course; the mechanical limits of the gun could be close to 1 MOA.
>The APC223 also shot Federal Gold Medal Match 69 grain bullets fairly well; the Sierra Matchking boat tailed hollow points turned in 1.71 MOA, and we’ll take that.
>Again it’s not the sub-MOA grouping that the internet always seems to generate, but for an off-the-shelf service rifle, it’s pretty solid.
>One surprise in store for us, however, was the finish on the bolt carrier surrounding the cam pin cutout. The finish in this area appeared to be flaking away.
>We can’t discern if this is the result of deformation of the metal or a quirk of the manufacturing; word from the manufacturer is that it’s not indicative of an issue, but we were a little surprised to discover it on a rifle retailing for $3900 plus taxes et cetera.

This is from a rifle that sells for $3900 CAD.

Attached: B&T APC 223.jpg (750x500, 566K)

Probably this

>Implying the SG55x are only known and idealized by owners

Everything b&t makes is overrated and their rebuttal is always “lol you mad poorfag?”

>build extruded aluminum and plastic SCAR
>b...but this was made at a factory in switzerland and costs a gorillion shekels it must be good!!!
It's a shit knockoff leaning on the 55X's laurels as to what SWISS assault rifles represent.

Fuck B&T.

Dude, chill. You can defend your favorite brand all you like, but there's a certain point where you're just living in a fantasy.

Noone listen to this user. This is what horrible advice looks like.

The WA2000

I dunno, most people like it for the looks I think. Haven't heard many saying it's all that much better than any other gun.

Not him, but I will totally agree it's a great rifle. I would only add as addendum "for it's time". An update or 2 probably would make it more viable as a competitor with today's offerings. It's just kinda dated, and a new iteration would probably be welcome.

Slavaboos gonna slav

The AR15. To deny it's a good rifle is stupid and factually incorrect, however the amount of fucking hype it gets now is ridiculous. Yes it's good no it's not the be-all-end-all of arms development forever and ever and JUST GET AN AYY ARR BRO JUST GET AN AYY AR BRO JUST GET AN AYY ARR BRO just gets really fucking old. I've got a fucking AR. I don't want twelve more.

This. A firearm can be good and still be overrated. This might be the best example of that scenario.

Anybody got any experience with the QBZ-95? From what I've read the 5.8mm DP-moon runes-10 round's superior to the 5.56 but how's the QBZ platform itself stack up in comparison to things like the M4 or other modern weapons?
I have a hard time believing that gookshit doesn't have some issue like feeding problems/frame weaknesses or maybe an issue related to the bullpup design.

Attached: QBZ-95.png (799x324, 134K)

you're a mad poorfag

my APC 223 SBR is capable of printing sub MOA 5 rd groups at 100 meters using blackhill 77gr and my bcg is pristine.

No one here has. The Type-97s sold in Canada are slapped together to use STANAG mags. By all accounts, the Type 95-1 is pretty solid.

>my nigga

PSA battle rifle superiority

Attached: 7423819_01_psa_ar_10_pa_10_gen_ii_nib_640.jpg (640x478, 49K)

cry more poorfags

Who gives a shit? Doesn't mean the gun and conpany aren't nigger tier. Gun is way overpriced for what it is. Same for the SCAR for that matter.

>inb4 poorfag
Irrelevant to the point. Chink AKs are also expensive meme shit only priced how they are due to market pressures. Cost doesnt make the gun less shit.

Go ahead and post your B&T collection collage dumb nigger. We know that's why youre here.

Yes, I have the POF roller cam pin, It works great, I have 1000 rounds through it and there's actually less cam pin erosion than on my regular gas AR with a rectangular cam pin.

>Browe
I got it on sale with caps and a flashkill for $935, which was much cheaper than a new 4x32 acog with caps and flashkill, but of course there's lot of cheaper used acogs out there. In terms of glass quality, they're identical to me. The browe has a MUCH better mount, you have to pay 100 -200 extra for a decent acog QD mount. The auto brightness adjust feature really works and it's frankly magical. The motion sensitive on/off is a plus too, but I prefer manually turning it on/off. I don't like that it uses these niche batteries none of my other electronics use. I also mentioned that I would prefer a 200m mark on the crosshair, right now it skips from 100 to 300 because it assumes since the drop is so small for 200m you don't need a mark, but I would like to have one anyway. Weight and size is about the same, the browe is probably slightly fatter.

I have experience with the T97. It's a decent rifle. The fit and finish feels pretty cheap. I assume the operating system is basically the same as the 5.8 model, because the gas block adjuster is still sized for 5.8mm (the 5.56 fits in it, but you can tell it's not designed for it). I couldn't tell you if the 5.8 models have better finishes, or are made of more hardened steel, but the ones sold here will hold up pretty well for at least a few thousands rounds. The ones here take STANAGs, and can be very temperamental with magazines; one T97 will feed flawlessly with one type of magazine, then that same magazine will have issues with another T97. The magwells can also get pretty tight; some magazines slide right in and will drop free without issues, others it feels like they need to be bashed into the gun and pulled out with a jaws of life. You can solve that pretty easily with a file. Once you've figured out which magazines it likes, it's a reliable rifle. I assume none of this would be an issue with the QBZ 95 because of it's rock-in magazines.

A year ago Norinco started selling the T-97 Gen 2 in Canada; it's the one in my pic. It's got a rail for mounting optics, the mag release is a lot bigger, and it's also got M4 feed ramps, so that should go a long way to preventing feeding issues with 5.56. I don't know if the old 5.56 models are more like the 5.8 model.

In terms of accuracy, you be the judge.
youtu.be/i908VCPdwQE?t=290
For me, I'm not getting a bullpup to shoot groups with, so that's more than acceptable.

For me, the highlight is the trigger. This is a bullpup that costs $700 Canadian, but the stock trigger is appreciably better than the stock trigger on the $2500 Tavor. I didn't see that coming. I'd put it in the same tier as ARs like the M&P Sport 2. It's not going to hold up against a SCAR or a 416, but it's definitely not a bad rifle.

Attached: 858143891.jpg (1008x756, 521K)

That’s not me, retard. Yes, I’m the one with the swiss family. But you’re still a retarded poorfag.

The OEM scar trigger is pretty bad

that's quite a few words to try to rationalize your poverty. Look, all you had to say is "I'm poor and I have no reason to comment on this", and no one would give you shit.
Instead, you try pretend that your poverty is actually intelligence, which is, frankly, hilariously pitiful.

keep crying bitch

I’m not him, or s poorfag but I agree that B&T are nothing but hacks.

Attached: B964BA78-3C3C-4616-A58D-C4EDC307F15C.jpg (4032x3024, 3.8M)

Use to own a benelli m4. Sweet gun but picky with low brass and heavy ass fuck. Also expensive.

I have a beretta 1301 now that I got for roughly half the price and it runs low brass just as good as buck/slug. It’s lighter, doesn’t have super long monkey arm stock and trigger is way better.

I do miss my m4 and saiga 12 but I’m still pretty satisfied with what I have now

Attached: 2139821A-3033-48BC-ABF4-977F67956593.jpg (540x960, 65K)

>airshit