Building a glock 1926

Hey guys, not my first time building a glock. However I have never built a 1926 and there does not seem to be a lot of information on the internet about it.

what is the problems with this build? Any special parts that I will need?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 182K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k0wKf8KEYnY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The fuck am I looking at?

a glock 1926

Honestly there are several problems including bad ejection (brass to the face) and you'll need a slide to frame adapter from a place like Lonewolf to get rid of that nasty gap.
You're better off either buying a G19 or a G26 with a threaded barrel, which will bring the barrel length to 4" anyway.

Attached: EDC.jpg (2048x1152, 464K)

but I already bought the 26 frame senpai.

It's cool just get an extended barrel and a couple mag sleeves

You should have just bought a 19 and cut the grip down. You did it the stupidway round. Sell it and cut your losses.

>subcompact frame
>g19 mags
what was the fucking point.

Just a dude with a few glocks fucking around

Attached: 20180101_200319-01.jpg (2560x1920, 2.27M)

You know OP I think Glocks are ok guns but owning that many is fucking stupid.
I own more handguns than you own in just Glocks anyway.
Just realize that you're going to have a shitty, compromised grip thanks to the 19 mag sticking out of the short grip and a shorter sight radius than a 19.

Op here that isnt me.

I have built a Glock 17 stainless slide/barrel
bought pd trade glock 23.

this would be my 3rd glock.

Not OP just explaining where his pic came from

Attached: 20180718_044138-01.jpg (2560x1920, 2.42M)

what is that other gun?

the non-glock, I should clarify. some kind of astra?

Star BM 1991 manufacture and Glock 20.

I love it, how reliable has it been? spare parts are apparently a problem

Not really. They can be easily found on Numrich, Apex and ESarco.
I'm having a lot of issues with the placement of the safety and interference with the grip. I've shot about 600 rounds through it, during that time I had two failures to return to battery (NOT ammo related, definitely something with the feed ramp, but I already polished it) and two separate occasions where my usual shooting grip pushed the safety on between shots causing a fail to fire.
It's not bad as a carry gun but an LC9S pro is much nicer, lighter, and more modern.

Attached: guns.gif (350x200, 1.06M)

Its a glock 19 slide on a 26 frame that OP is calling a model 1926 because he thinks it's clever.

>a shorter sight radius than a 19
w...what do you think a sight radius is?

Glock 1926... Yeap... Now THAT is my favorite gun from WW1...

Attached: 1542943786509.jpg (1080x1080, 861K)

Less distance between the front and rear sight dumbass

What game is this from? I remember playing it with my dad as a kid but was too young to appreciate the beauty

Or just a 26 with a 19 barrel, if you don't want threads.

do you care to explain how putting a glock 19 slide on a glock 26 frame gives you less sight radius than a glock 19 on a glock 19 frame?

Beginner level stuff there.
Try this.
Cut down a 17L

Attached: Z10 backup 9-23-2018 006.jpg (3264x1836, 2.13M)

Then front in waist band appendix carry that bitch like you are John Holmes.
The barrel is long enough that a ND won't blow your pee pee off.

youtube.com/watch?v=k0wKf8KEYnY

>he doesn't have a tang sight on his glock 19 frame

Attached: muh sight radius.png (586x768, 184K)

Why you fucking with shit? Just buy an X grip adapter for your 26 so your pinky fits, and better sights or an ultra compact red dot and you don't have the cons of short sight radius.

Attached: EUkdEEa.jpg (4032x2268, 2.03M)

Thats fucking dope I would recommend that shit. Might as well glue a carbon arrow shaft on slide, and have the front sight another 20" out front

there should be a kit to show how far down you need to cut your 19, like an insert that goes in the mag well to keep you from cutting too deep

Attached: John_Moses_Browning.jpg (787x400, 90K)

printing like a 19 with the barrel length of a 26. great work.

this is the only correct answer. use the 26 frame as a template to trace on your sacrificial 19. then chop the grip. if you're retarded to do it right, shop it out to a decent gunsmith.

Oh my god is there video of that?

You know browning preferred 9mm right?

No. He called the Hi-Power his best handgun. He never praised the 9mm cartridge specifically, so fast as I know.

The only reason he used .45 was because the us army specified. None of his handguns used .45 except the intented for the trials wich specified .45.

Look it up.

A slight correction after reading reading your comment, I apologise. What I should have said is he never seemed truly untrusted in casing after big bore cartridges.

Other than the 1911 al I see is a lot of .38, .32, 9mm, .25 etc.

If I am misinterpreted let me know.

Worth noting that while the family of guns starting with including the Colt 1900 and pre-1911 prototypes started out in .38 ACP, Browning and Colt did work on a .41 caliber version in the early 1900s before Thompson-LaGarde bullshit established .45 as the only acceptable option for the US military.
Since it never made it into production, it's hard to say exactly what it would have been like, but it's interesting to think about the possibility that a ballistic twin to .40 S&W/ 10mm FBI could have become popular decades earlier, whether in the original ".41 ACP" loading, or if that turned out weaker, in a "Super" version that would have eclipsed the original like .38 Super did to .38 ACP.

On the other hand, Browning applied himself to designing whatever guns his customers wanted -- e.g. Winchester wanted a lever-action shotgun, so he made one. So I'm not sure how much of that initial .41 caliber choice was his preference, and how much Colt's.

Are you talking about the Glock 45?

Nope. It actually came in that way as a trade in from Romania. Glock in Austria made it as a contract gun for Romanian Police. They modified it. Returned to Glock as trade in. Austria sends it to Smyrna GA for the US market. Local Pawn shop gets a few of them to sell. Only one was hacked up like this. I may try to talk Michelle out of hers that isn't modified. Fred has this one and he isn't letting it go. He really does appendix carry it in the store as a joke. Moss Pawn was busy ass all heck today. Went in and Ray fitted a new Dawson Precision rear sight for my CZ Tactical Sport. Fred wasn't there with this mutation. They had some new 17L in stock. I may get one after the New Year. We only have one Glock in the house and it is my Son-In-Law's G17 in tan. Got the 17L slide release for it after he tried out the 17L. Simple swap we did at home. i don't have a sight pusher and wasn't going to bang on the TS with a brass hammer and Delrin punch. Picture is the Factory slide release... It sucks.

Attached: 20181215_132555[1].jpg (1280x625, 284K)