Handgun General - /hg/ - #232

Snark Wars: episode III - Revenge of the SIG

Pastebin:
>pastebin.com/gs6mLNik

Guide:
>scribd.com/document/382993265/gitgud-1-rev2-1

P.T.

Attached: 22f4f3983f94923170690b37ac2535d9[1].jpg (3839x2518, 1.78M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HJDhcNtP4PM
youtube.com/watch?v=OdmpFWzMulY
desktopthread.com/Tripcode_Explorer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 2018-12-06_15.29.15.jpg (1814x1550, 1.45M)

Pretty new to owning guns, went down to my shop today and picked up a Bersa Thunder 380, it felt pretty good in my hands, is it worth looking into for a first handgun?

It's a good option for an inexpensive gun yeah. .380 is on the weak side, especially through heavy clothes, but it'll do. There are more guns listed by price in the pastebin in OP.

Attached: 20181210_230851.jpg (4032x1960, 2.29M)

Attached: 20181210_153236.jpg (4032x1960, 1.86M)

you should handle a few more before you decide

>How to enrage Jow Forums with two words and a hyphen:
Hi-Point

Was that supposed to be the hi point of your night?

Thats a reasonable idea, I think I'll try my best and end up buying something I think is neat tho

I need compensator suggestions for an L9A1 with 1/2x28 threads. Pic related, slide is 1.1" wide (Glocks are 1.0" for reference) and has a 45 degree bevel along the top edges. I'm tryna find something to match the profile of the Steyr slide.

I love Hi Points. That's the hi point of my day.

Attached: l9-a1_thread_brl_angle.jpg.3_4.jpg (1800x1400, 192K)

>I need compensator suggestions
What for? It's not like you're going to shoot it

Don't listen to > .380 is on the weak side, especially through heavy clothes
.22 short/.25 acp/.32 acp all go through thick winter layers like butter. .380 is a perfectly fine caliber. The bersa is a good gun, but it will have more recoil due to the straight blowback design. I would recommend a Ruger lcp 2 over it. I would also recommend filtering Burt. He relies on opinion over fact and provides awful information on most topics.
youtube.com/watch?v=HJDhcNtP4PM

You should be buying something you think is neat that you've also shot a bit. Fingerfucking is great, but always try to shoot a gun first.

The Zev looks closest in profile but it's 0.1" too thin and costs a hundred cheddars wtf.

So I can post it on the internet for (You)s, duh.

>everything in this post
Oof, powercringe.

Attached: img_0408_3.jpg (1024x683, 19K)

I guess I'll head out to my range and see what kind of handguns they offer to rent, thanks for talking some sense into me.

Stulid, but ok.

>everything in this post
Refute it. I'm waiting but I think we all know you'll ignore this and just wait 30 minutes before you mass reply to 40 anons at once with bad advice.

Attached: 20181209_163708.jpg (4032x1960, 1.69M)

Oh look, a noguns.

Attached: 20181215_070149.jpg (4032x1960, 1.72M)

A noguns he be.

Attached: 20181215_070121.jpg (4032x1960, 1.94M)

A most terrible fact, a fact that he is a noguns.

Attached: 2018-11-13_21.36.22.jpg (2565x1559, 3.25M)

god tier states for handguns/2A shit in general?
thinking about going out in public to finger fuck a glock or 2 an FN and maybe a CZ

the Zev will match the slide width well enough, but the bevel at the front of the frame does not match the rear profile of the Zev compensator.
I think you should look for something even more slim as shown in this picture:

Attached: 1545455055440.jpg (1800x1400, 403K)

Noguns ;)

Sure thing. Always remember to involve the big boy parts of your brain when making a purchase, not just the five year old part that thinks guns are cool.

Also, having followed my own advice, I picked up my SP-01 today. A guy offered to buy it before I even left the store with it. THAT will make you feel good about a purchase.

It's Burt lad. When he is getting grilled too hard for being retarded he will jump on hwhite and let loose his autistic rage.

Attached: P_20181214_184041.jpg (4160x2340, 1.99M)

this dumb obsession is really unhealthy you know.

Attached: Capture.png (1440x860, 202K)

>be fat, so I cant IWB proper.
>Live in a state where I can open carry, but feel like a dick if I open carry because it draws unnecessary attention to yourself.
>Hate shoulder harnesses.
>handguns literally sit at home unless I go to the range to shoot them because I dont go to shady areas of town or I am at work 70% of the time.
>literally only go to a few places which are primarily white neighborhoods.
>dont hunt so getting a bolt action rifle would be pointless
>while ARs and AKs are cool I feel like I wouldnt even use them as much as I would think, so I dont even bother buying them.

Not sure really why I got into guns, anymore. I got my CCW last year. bought 3 pistols, but I never really have the need to bring my gun anywhere and if I do I just bring it to the range. sorry for the blog.

Attached: 1qhdqqJ.jpg (1060x404, 76K)

>implying burt, who has thousands invested in guns, doesn't have a cheapo laptop to post on his angry alt
Only a newfag would think your screenshot proves anything. It's also funny that when people ask you to post guns, later on in the thread you post Burt's guns with the same quality/dimensions which is VERY unusual for some that just saves pics.

Noguns ;)

Attached: 2018-11-08_00.20.34.jpg (1772x1155, 1.14M)

anyone know where I can buy silver bullets?

post guns, or better yet. stream yourself an heroing, Burt

lose weight then retard

are you being harassed by werewolves?

>Oof, powercringe
Are you resorting to leftist Twitter/Reddit levels of discourse? Listen to and prove your point instead of making declarative statements.

and shapeshifters yeah

That's all he knows how to do. Whenever he gets bullied too hard on Jow Forums he retreats back to his little heavily moderated gun forums

How could I possibly refute the ability of .22 short to penetrate thick winter layers "like butter?"

Attached: idunno.jpg (320x240, 23K)

Get out one of your many .22s. Go to a bargain store and get a bunch of shirts and a winter jacket. Film you shooting it from 7 yards.
There are plenty of vids showing pocket pistols going through winter clothing like Provide a video refuting it. Until you do, you are wrong because of videos showing that pocket pistol calibers penetrate winter clothes fine.

are there some tests that have been done for clothing penetration using a .22 LR out of a pistol?
>hi-tech fleece backstop
like butter would imply little to no reduction in total body penetration.

Here's a video of .22 shorts penetrating jeans and going ~10 inches deep into ballistic gel.

youtube.com/watch?v=OdmpFWzMulY

what sights?

it's not solely penetration of the clothing though.
its penetration of the clothing AND sufficient penetration of the assailant's torso, also with an eye towards the wound pattern.

Which is why there are tests done with meat/gel after the clothing. Maybe watch a single video about it you fucking retard

Amazing. You literally scrolled past 2 videos disproving you and still managed to post a retarded noguns opinion. You are something special

>that silence in the thread when burt aka hwhite is scouring the internet trying to disprove what a smarter user posted

There's no reason to post further. I just pray unknowing newguns are smart enough not to fall for the tripe in this thread. It's shameful and mean.

Attached: buscemi.jpg (365x500, 76K)

Aka "I know I'm wrong but won't admit it like a man and move on." People posted literal video evidence disproving you and you still act like this. I feel ashamed for ever listening to you when I was new to these threads.
Pride is a sin. Grow up.

>still can't refute
Remember smart anons. Burt was bullied out of every general/thread on Jow Forums for being a stupid fuck. He thinks he is safe in /hg/. He's not. Let's drive this retarded boomer out

Attached: 1490410301627.png (1283x1275, 300K)

Noguns ;)
I stole my friend's H&K for that moment when I visited him. They're fiber optics of a sort, forget which brand. I'll let you know when he returns with an answer.

Attached: 2018-10-29_18.43.57.jpg (3208x1560, 1.95M)

Noguns

Attached: 2018-10-19_16.37.29.jpg (2972x1550, 3.99M)

LPA fiber optics target

Go back to /arg/.

Hi-Point
Either they're "cheap pieces of crap and should go buy something better for home defence" or "surprisingly tough despite the low price and is adequate enough for those with a mid-low income".

Can't both things be true?

not an argument, newfag. Although you were kicked out of /arg/. I wonder why? Was it because you were unfairly treated? Or was it because you spewed misinformation and opinions as facts?

I wasn't kicked or bullied out of anywhere nice dubs. I stopped posting in /arg/ because once the gear memes got intransigently established all that was left was cancerous shitposting. Now you're ruining another general with trash information like .22 is fine for winter defensive use, lies about board/burt history and doubling down on shitposting. Literally you and three or four anons, most of you from /arg/ and probably most of you de-tripped trips, are doing this. I won't say Jow Forums was ever a bastion from cliquish meme-laden /b/tard trashposting, especially not since around 2010, but it's not just lighthearted fun anymore and it's definitely worse than ever. You are the cancer, and you're still doing it. You grow up.

Whoops, forgot to post a gun that I actually own and shoot.

Attached: hs106msc.jpg (1800x1200, 728K)

I was planning on buying a delta elite from my lgs for around $850. Should I do it.

That's a great price if new, or it's an okay to meh price depending on how used it is.

I'm having trouble remembering if they fixed the frame vulnerability to cracking, that's probably something you should look up before buying used because you won't know if the previous owner(s) abused the gun with high power loads.

just check if it has a square cut out at the takedown notch. if so, it has improved protection against frame cracks.

It's new. I think they just hacked off a part of the slide rail that was a stress point or some shit like that. Cool so I'll get it tomorrow morning, thanks internet friend.

Yeah, I fingered it and found that cutout. Thanks for the confirmation on that. First time on /hg/ you guys are actually pretty helpful.

Oh yeah that's it

Attached: bluess.jpg (320x228, 18K)

I've had it
what handgun is good for taking myself out of this world?

Lies!

you sound extremely vulnerable to the cowboy larping virus. get some nice leather and start shooting big iron.

Drop your fucking trip if you’re making a thread, you self obsessed noguns faggot

I think garand thumbs hi point blew up on him

When will this meme die. Go get your fucking heaviest winter coat and throw on my leather jacket and I'll shoot you in the lung with a .32 ACP and we'll see if you're still regurgitating stupid shit

based

Attached: wojakfeelsoreal.jpg (500x500, 47K)

heritage rough rider

Why do you actually respond?

>a literal newfag trying to post as an oldfag
lol. Burt, come on. You came here in 2017. You have said so in previous posts. Just de-trip already and move on.

Attached: 39667232.png (1122x629, 446K)

post /hg/ finishers

>(((burt))) posting

Attached: 1529135649448.png (2000x1333, 200K)

Ok retard. It's not like my searchable tripcode predates the archives by a few years or anything.

Also lol at the oldest searchable burtpost pic related, some things never change.

Attached: same-old-burt.jpg (937x199, 48K)

not that user but how the fuuuuck did you get the gummer trip. trial and error? magical hax0r powers? ...a-are you a wizard?

Notice how Burt magically has evidence for this but comes up blank when asked to prove that a winter coat will stop a .22 short. :^)

>burt was a literal who until he spammed up /arg/ so much he got booted in 2017
lmao

Attached: 20968711.png (465x707, 33K)

dude it's not a secure tripcode, those are pretty easy to brute force

>brute force
maybe for a wizard who has never felt the loving touch of a live woman

>2012
>not a newfag
I started browsing Jow Forums in 2007 and still feel like a newfag

One of the old tripcode hashers and absolute dumb luck.

Notice how you're still a powerfaggot subhuman telling people to risk their lives by carrying dangerously insufficient cartridges under the false belief that they are adequate. I hope hope HOPE that nobody falls for your crap. You're literally risking lives with your game.

Attached: IMG_1134.jpg (667x1000, 163K)

or someone who knows how to google
desktopthread.com/Tripcode_Explorer/

That's the oldest post I could find in an archive. I started tripping in ~2010 but had been anonposting around 2006-7 mostly on Jow Forums. I know what you mean.

Attached: edc 2010.jpg (1500x1000, 381K)

>Notice how you're still a powerfaggot subhuman telling people to risk their lives by carrying dangerously insufficient cartridges under the false belief that they are adequate. I hope hope HOPE that nobody falls for your crap. You're literally risking lives with your game.
I was the user that posted I never said .22 short was sufficient. I said .380 was. .22/.25/.32 all do go through winter clothing just fine. But I would never recommend anyone carry them as a primary caliber. .380? Yes. .22 short? As a backup, sure. Learn to read, newfag.

>One of the old tripcode hashers and absolute dumb luck.
based and black powder pilled

Attached: wojak1776.jpg (1200x891, 232K)

If you want to play the moving goalposts blame game, my quote you're quoting in your quoted quote is about .380 having insufficient penetration through thick clothing. That implies that .380 is already lackluster, let alone .25 or .22 short. Then you went off on a tangent about proving that .22 short is physically able to penetrate clothing, as though that has anything to do with desirable terminal ballistics. I can show you some videos of a certain powerful ninja cutting through water bottles like butter but it doesn't make a katana a good suggestion for anyone's CCW under any circumstance.

Attached: The Compact.jpg (1650x1100, 665K)

>If you want to play the moving goalposts blame game
I was responding to you saying .380 is a weak caliber and bad against winter clothing.
>Then you went off on a tangent about proving that .22 short is physically able to penetrate clothing
Nope. A few anons responded but none of them were me. I provided evidence in my original post where Paul shot through 5 layers along with a winter jacket with a .22 short just fine.
>I can show you some videos of a certain powerful ninja cutting through water bottles like butter but it doesn't make a katana a good suggestion for anyone's CCW under any circumstance.
Now THIS is strawmanning. During the period where people were carrying swords, along with the climate of japan not having access to natural or reserves of blade worthy metals, they went above and beyond and literally made steel from sand. Compared to European colonies that had access to natural Iron deposits, I'd say that Japan did an incredible job with what they had.

High-Power

Anything's better than nothing.

Gnite

Attached: 21a.jpg (2200x1467, 1019K)

based burt fighting the mongrel noguns hordes of (((Jow Forums)))

Exactly Burt. I wouldn't want to be shot with any pistol caliber. A .380 to the heart will kill you the same as a 9mm to the heart. That is all I am trying to say. Pocket pistols ESPECIALLY .32 acp have killed thousands of people since the early 1900's. It's not to be underestimated.

>and shoot
no one is believing that

Attached: 2018-10-15_20.58.00.jpg (1560x3208, 2.64M)

>replacing plastic parts of beretta 92fs
>being scared to replace trigger
>thinking I may fail to put it back correctly
sad.jpg

Attached: IMG_20181222_110936~2.jpg (1878x2148, 596K)

watch a video dumbass.

already did
I'll watch again

Attached: 1545247290104.png (650x773, 47K)