Fletching: 100 Food 50 Gold

What do you homos know about Archery? I am looking to get into a new hobby besides guns that I can still use in real life. Is it best to get a simple recursive or is compound the way to go? Want to practice up and bow hunt next year.

Attached: 45674568.png (415x415, 299K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IarbDq_drgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Compound>recurve for a new shooter definitely
t.killed 1 deer with recurve 3 with compound 15 with the crossbow and 27 with rifle

>100 food 50 gold
Rogan?
>tfw you bring down a castle with a mass of longbowmen all firing upon it

Attached: longbowfade.jpg (140x120, 19K)

Dispense further knowledge.

mmmm i wanna put my nose to that armpit and my hand on that breast

Based.

I can agree with on compounds being really friendly. Not to say that they're simple or not as fun as a recurve.

I shot a compound competitively for a few years, they're very fun. Lots of room to expand and ways to use your knowledge. Easier to practice in a backyard, compared to a firearm.

Buy a compound first. Recurve bows are sexy, but definitely not the best place to start for a new shooter. Additionally, if you plan on hunting, there's really not much reason not to just buy a compound and get it over with.

well the compound bow is a modern weapon made for human hands exactly when you buy one the shop/you will adjust it for your arms and the arrows you buy will be a specific length there will also be a lot off (counterintuitive i know) but as you pull back father the bow gets easier to hold back
this is all to make your job (drawing aiming firing) easier
a recurve is a different animal entirely
it requires a fair bit of upper body strength and there is no letoff (you hold all the tension yourself the farther back you pull the bow the harder it gets) after that you have to learn to shoot the thing lol I don't want to discourage anyone but for a beginner a compound is what I would recommend
Protip; you can road hunt with a crossbow by sitting on the door resting crossbow on the roof of the car

Attached: deadwhales.jpg (640x960, 170K)

Any good suggestions for brand or bow for a beginner? Any other obvious equipment I should pick up like gloves and the like? Type of arrows?

*let off not "a lot off"

Sorry for being needy. Just I wasted almost $1,200 when I first got into guns because of rookie novice mistakes and bad purchases. Rather not repeat that so I'd like as much information and wisdom as you can offer so I don't keep paying for simple mistakes.

Honestly a decent compound bow will START at $499 and a decent starter recurve will start at $199

old middle aged fucker reference age of empires

If you want to get into archery quickly and be able to hunt almost immediately, get a compound. Someone who has never touched a bow before can pick up a compound and hit bulleyes with it in a day assuming the sights are adjusted properly.

Recurves are for people who want to get into archery as a sport or who want to practice traditional archery. It will take months/years of practice to get good. And if you started with a compound first, you'll have to unlearn your lazy habits.

Lame and full of neckbeards, dorks and normans who watched the Hunger Games
t. former competitive archer

You can get a sweet full setup for $500. I got a 2018 PSE Stinger SE with 5-pin sight and 6 arrows for $500. Full set up including fall away rest, release, and case.

I have a Wild Mountain recurve field bow, it is pretty sweet. Hitting something while shooting instinctively is so much more satisfying than hitting something using sights. For actual hunting for meat and if you are going to use sights anyway a crossbow will always beat a compound bow.

Make your own bow and arrows, you faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=IarbDq_drgY

>ywn smell her armpits
Feels bad dudes

"True, I may look the part of a dashing swordsman, but I prefer the art of wit to that of warfare."
―Fihada