Bongs

What the fuck?

Attached: They.Shall.Not.Grow.Old.2018.1.jpg (1120x832, 156K)

this movie wasnt very good. in hindsight, the gimmicky release was an obvious clue.

retard

The Big Film of British Smiles

>retard
no, really. i appreciate all the work that went into it but it was an extremely boring presentation that was obviously just a result of peter jackson sperging out. when i left the theater i felt like i had just finished a long history class where the teacher was absent that day so we had to watch a VHS documentary

uneducated

This faggot probably brushes his teeth.

Attached: faggot.gif (390x373, 2.54M)

paths of glory this was not

Very tastefully done, really hammered home just how brutal the war was and how unprepared everybody was for it, as well as how the soldiers lived in a completely separate world from the civvies back home. No narrative to keep the retards occupied, and no stupid subplot or even worse a romantic connection; just a brutally honest portrayal of a brutal time.
10/10 would watch again.

He's right really.
The remastered footage was neat, but it ultimately added very little to the documentary. It didn't make me "feel more sympathetic" to the soldiers as so many people claim. I could already understand their experiences pretty well from writings like Poilu, Storm of Steel, and All Quiet. The "omg it's in color and they're moving normally, this really makes me feel connected to the soldiers!" feeling people claim seem to come from moronic retards with no sense of empathy and no knowledge of the war in the first place.
Remastered battle scenes, which would've been really visceral were all represented by paintings and sketches (due to lack of footage).

The whole film also felt very short, it's literally: recruitment > training > life in the trenches > one battle >the war is over, not to mention it starts off ~1915 or 1916 and it completely glosses over the optimistic first year of the war, when things were mobile, including the race to the sea. It also completely lacks any sort of representation from naval or air forces, there's no interviews from officers or cavalrymen or tankers or messenger corps or MPs or medics, it was entirely about infantrymen, and there's nothing wrong with infantry, but it just made the movie seem very shallow.

>Where've you been? On nights?
That shit hit me so fucking hard.

Attached: 15229121807198.jpg (1920x1080, 82K)

>when you think you have dental problems nowadays

shit imagine what people had back then, was dentist even a thing?

They were, but so was "being really fucking poor". My grandfather had a tooth pulled without anaesthetics because that was half the cost of doing it with (adjust for inflation and the difference was about 330 USD). No booze to help either, as he was a teetotaller. And there wasn't a while lot a dentist could do about replacing or rebuilding fucked up teeth either short of dentures.

It was excellent, you are a fucking idiot
Look I hate to break the news but your educationally and mentally below par, you can apply yourself and read some fucking history books and stop being a zegable

No he's not, the narratives were also brilliant. Its the first good thing Jackson has done

>shit imagine what people had back then, was dentist even a thing?

The fact is all army dentists up to ww2 pulled every tooth they disliked so the reason these mens teeth are like that is army dentistry

actually no, i've got a genius-level iq, and a film library stocked with fellini, kubrick, kurosawa, and lynch. i love film, and i actually love documentaries. this movie just wasnt very good either as a movie or as a documentary. if it was on the history channel i'd have spent 5 minutes staring in awe at some of the color footage, then changed the channel.

you're allowed to disagree, but for me as a non-british person, it just wasn't that compelling either as a film or as a work of history. assertions made by jackson in it, like how the experience of a british soldier was more or less the same as that of other nationalities like indians or americans, were incredibly deluded.

Muh IQ scores not even the same user but your on Jow Forums so I can already tell you're not that smart, also opinions are like assholes everyones got one and no one wants to hear about it

>genius-level iq
>Lynch
Hahahahaha pretentious faggot detected

even his worst movie, wild at heart, is better than most directors' best movie. twin peaks is probably the greatest piece of raw americana produced in the 1990s and beyond.

>fellini, kubrick, kurosawa, and lynch.
none of these are particularly good. perhaps you belong on deviant art fren

>none of these are particularly good

Attached: 1529925487684.jpg (418x446, 43K)

Wow it's almost like some people have different likes and dislikes, I thought you were a genius shouldnt you of known this?
Stop being a pretentious asshole no one gives a fuck what you think

you tastes are incredibly mainstream, overrated, and mundane.

>all opinions are created equal
you're absolutely right, enjoying star wars: the last jedi is fine and transformers 4 is every bit as good as 2001: a space odyssey. thanks for opening my eyes to the truth.
whereas peter jackson, now that's the good stuff? look, i thought LoTR was an enjoyable romp, too, but he's not even spielberg/cameron/hughes level.

tbqh frendo you sound like the kind of guy who would say Ulysses is his favorite book. Very cringy. Deviant art or tumblr may be more your speed.

and, to me, you sound like the reason hollywood keeps putting out alvin & the chipmunks movies

Sounds more like you're projecting to me

Nice assumption faggot for the record I prefer older movies like aliens, terminator and my all time favorite the original jurrasic parks, hows it feel thinking you're superior to everyone when you're just a pretentiousnes faggot who thinks hes special because of the movies he watches

>your educationally and mentally below par
>your

you failed to capitalize your I's.

the original jurassic park was pretty good. terminator 2 is cameron's best movie imo, an absolute classic. alien and aliens were great but miss me with that wynona ryder shit.

i like lots of normie movies. ferris bueller's day off is one of the best films ever made.

>Genius level IQ
lmao, sure you do buddy. I bet you play soggy biscuit with all the other arrogant MENSA pricks as well.

It's a /tv/ meme

>Americans always need their guitar riffs and sound effects for a documentary to be “exciting”

Attached: 6B7E22FA-3C71-457F-8E78-89B4EF4A08F9.jpg (615x1024, 74K)

please, do go on about why it's brilliant or how Jackson had anything to do with the brilliant narratives, when they were just taken from old BBC interviews

Just because a director is popular doesn't mean they can't be talented.

As an American I prefer Australian documentaries and grew up watching Steve irwin
>F

no no, i found the gentle-touch soundtrack rather well done. the sound effects and voice dubbing sometimes a little less so, but it's a documentary made from mute source footage, so it's understandable.

ultimately, it was just a very emotionally dry and one dimensional presentation from which the only conclusion that could be drawn was, "a good time was had by all", as if world war one sure was a lot of fun. it was like the antithesis of those last five minutes of "blackadder goes forth".

>from which the only conclusion that could be drawn was, "a good time was had by all"

You might be retarded

have you seen it? i really felt like this was the overall message of the piece. not a single interviewee expressed the kind of horror or lingering sadness that one might expect from one of humanities bloodiest conflicts. they all spoke about it like it was a game, totally worthwhile, and a totally rockin' thing to have gotten the chance to participate in.

Well maybe that’s how many men rationalised their experience. I’m not doubting the conflicts brutality or that it did scar millions (generally speaking most ww1 vets just didn’t really talk about their experience afterwards). But at the same time there are still many people now who don’t have entirely negative opinions of their time service and just remember the good parts.

Question. Closer to the beginning there was footage of a few smiling soldiers and near the end theres quickly flashed pictures of soldiers who looked exactly like the previously shown soldiers except this time they were dead and mutilated. Did they actually match the soldiers or did they use sorta similar images?