Anti-Gun Dad

So I'm 19 and my I've been trying to convince my dad to allow me to buy my first gun. My mom is ok with it because her dad would hunt with her when she was young but in this house my dad gets the final word. I understand where he is coming from. He grew up in Miami and his only experiences with guns are negative. He became an emergency room doctor, keep in mind this is during the Mariel boat-lift, so he sees a lot of gang violence related injuries, mostly gunshots. He just has a fear of guns now, plain and simple. I was able to convince him to go with me to the range a few times and he seemed nervous but overall ok shooting. But no matter how hard I try to reason with him he wont budge on letting me own one. I even asked if I could just keep it in my car and not bring it in the house, still no. He is generally your typical Republican boomer dad, except when it comes to guns. He always brings up retarded lefty bullshit like "who needs a high powered fully semi automatic assault gun with a bumpy stock"
Any Advice???

Attached: scarface.jpg (1500x1014, 341K)

Move out.

Just leave the house. 19 is old as fuck, you are a grown fucking man.

Move out of your parents' house.

You're an adult, leave the house and do what you want.

If you're living under his roof you should respect his wishes. If you move out the only house rules you need to respect are your own.
Move out faggot.

I was in the same situation a number of years ago. It's admirable that you tried to educate him but the fact of the matter is, you are an adult now. You are likely facing this kind of issue for the first time but being an adult isn't easy. There will be many more issues like this as you mature. You can't make all people happy all the time. It sucks but it's the truth.

It's your right and your money.

Just get a rifle and leave it in your trunk. Keep eye and ear pro, ammo, mags, etc in there with it.

Look I understand the move out argument but I'm at a local collage and it wouldn't make sense to right now, but trust me, I want to get out of here as soon as I can.

Also, next time you should trim the fat off your post. Your retarded boomer dad's life story is pretty much irrelevant to your question. Here's how you could have phrased this post:

>i am nogunz
>want to become hasgunz
>parents don't like gunz
>wat do?

Then bide your time.

>let you

That's the kind of problem a gun would solve.

Attached: 1419478988679.gif (265x200, 1.96M)

You can't live in your parents' house and not respect their rules. If your dad told you not to bring a gun into his house, and you do anyway, I hope he kicks your ass out on the street

So is there really nothing I can do to convince him? I'll just have to wait?

>In college
>Still spells it 'collage'

Fucking liar, or you need a tuition refund.

Attached: 1424290529862.jpg (1024x683, 91K)

And listen guys, I respect that its his house and his rules thats why I wont fucking go behind his back, but he is just not very educated when it comes to firearms and I just want to try to reason with him

When was the last time you went shooting with him?

about a month ago, and we plan on going again soon

Just keep going to the range and try different guns. I'm confident that if you keep it up he'll warm up to the idea of you owning a gun. You also need to demonstrate that you will handle it responsibly (which I'm sure you already do).
Greetings from Australia, BTW.

Thanks man, they say Florida is the Australia of the US. So not so different you and I.

Buy a gun and don't tell him. Duh.

The climates are very similar, especially in the northern regions of Australia. It really is beautiful here; I just wish our gun laws weren't so FUBAR. Don't get me wrong, you can still own them here, but the licensing process is a pain. I'm hoping that we'll transition to gun laws that are more like New Zealand's in the near future.
Anyways, best of luck with your dad!

Just buy it anyway and then tell him. Then make excuses why you cant sell or return it. He'll get over it.

>1.) Move out.
>2.) Buy a gat with your own money and smuggle it into your room, telling no one.

>he was an emergency room doctor...
TELL HIM TO STAY IS HIS OWN LANE!!!

Attached: 1543167433753.png (940x1024, 1.52M)

What gun(s) do you want to own? i think thats an important part of the argument.

save up money and wait until you move out then

just keep taking him to the range. maybe get him to read about guns, like gun safety or how they work. generally getting him familiar with what he's afraid of helps to reduce the fear.

What advice were you looking for that you can't work out yourself? Dad's house, Dad's rules.

He's well within his rights to not like firearms and not wanting any in his house or the hands of his Jow Forums browsing underachieving depressive son.

If you go shooting with friends (assuming you have any) leave the gun with your friends so they'll bring it along if you just sooo desperately need your own gun

I've tried asking even the most lefty friendly guns like just some random hunting rifles, or maybe a double barrel shotgun.

Life's about sacrifices.
Wait until you move out, consider it the cost of not moving out.

Tell him Biden said you needed to get a shotgun. Than buy whatever you want because fuck if the will know the difference.

Owning a gun isn't about owning any gun user, its about owning your gun. If you decide you want a block but don't like the ergos you won't go to the range as often and you won't clean it. Think about it like this; when you were younger and you saved up money to buy a video game only to realize it was shit, did you still play it?

Tl;dr find a gun that you want, not what the boogeyman wants

Glock* that just ruined my entire post, didn't it?

Yes, yes it did

Wait until you move out
His house his rules

How long until the divorce is finalized?

Sounds like you're in need of an Anti-Dad Gun

Attached: 1542293944029.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

I'm in the same boat, I want one, but for now it's just less of a headache to hold off until I'm back in school or move out.

Keep it in a safe deposit box or move out

>hire Nigger for $50 to break into your house and rape your mom
>tell your dad this wouldn’t have happened if you’d had a glock 19 to plug Tyrone with
>next day become hasguns

Assuming you have your own income, and don't have to use your parents' money, buy easy to hide firearms, and don't tell either of your parents that you own it(them).

That will be $600 a month, go... I mean, muggle.

Attached: 1532009369511.jpg (413x272, 15K)

when I was 19 I was in my third year in the 2/75th.....and you have to ask mommy and daddy for permission? WTK is happening to the human race......

1. Your dad is a retarded-ass fudd
2. If it's your own money, do what you want with it
3.Yeah, I'd look into moving out if possible

My pops gave me my first gun, a 10/22, when I was 14. He's given me 3 other guns since then, and I will never part with them.

My pops and I have been deer and turkey hunting, and we've spent lot of great times traps and skeet shooting. We still go plinking beer cans on occasion, but he has cancer and is dying.

Some of the most fun I've had in my life is target shooting with my Dad and my brother.

Put some money together, and take your dad to a range that rents firearms, and he just might turn around when he sees how much fun it is to have a hobby like most of the folks here.

Goyim. Lol

This is the same situation as me but my mom doesn’t want me purchasing a firearm I told her the “investment” reason and Governor wants to ban rifles even though my pops introduced me to firearms from a young age. Greeting from Illinois

I want to say maybe if you start paying bills they’ll budge and think you are responsible enough to own a firearm

Try being a Califag.

Might just need to be patient

You're a grown ass man. My mom tries to pull that shit with me about my haircut or if I don't shave often, but I don't live with her and I'm a self-sufficient adult. You're a fag if you just let them tell you what to do. Fag.

Just have your pareanta evicted and you can have all the collage funs

Same, just wait till you're out of the house. In a similar situation, but I am just biding my time and saving money for the funs I really want.

but a PSA AR rifle kit, and a 80% receiver, 5 pmags, and 300 rounds of ammo. the total will be 500 bucks. stash this in your room until you move out.

technically it is not a gun, but if shit got bad enough, you could finish out the lower and have a functional rifle with some mags and ammo

Attached: 1540660238781.jpg (850x1301, 283K)

What are the regulations in the US like around hunting (specifically in protected areas ie national parks?)

t. citizen of country which makes hunting a wee bit difficult

OP is become floorboardman

Your dad is a fag and in all likelihood molested you when you were younger.

Kill him then yourself. But don't use a gun.

Lol $600 a month is dirt cheap, what a fucking poorfags.

>hear crash downstairs
>its go time
>finish my receiver
>damnit I fucked up
>criminal has been outside my door for the past 30 minutes
>breaks in
>sees my FUBAR'd reciever
>"you forgot to change the top plate user"
>orders another receiver for me
>arrives one hour later
>thanks amazon prime
>helps me mill it
>build the AR
>shoot him
>mfw everything went according to plan

Attached: seinfeld1.jpg (442x480, 32K)

or you can put a round in the chamber, stick a metal rod in the back of the bolt carrier and smack it with a hammer to shoot at an intruder.

ghetto-rigged ar15 slambang, without needing to finish out the receiver

Attached: 1542668611954.jpg (340x270, 21K)

watch me do exactly this in New Jersey and get arrested for constructive intent like a boss

Attached: 19A5F2E0-7D2D-4788-9B9A-845B1B50A80B.png (1000x1151, 271K)

get dabbed on le ebin style like a boss XDDDD

Attached: 1543097606490.jpg (928x1161, 114K)

Buy one without his permission and hide it?

If he confronts you about it who cares. You have a gun and he doesn't. You're the man now. A grown ass man. It's time to usurp him and fuck his wife anyways.