Australia General

Thread for Australian Jow Forumsommandos to discuss things

Had enough of being vilified by the media and politicians for what you enjoy? Want to network with people that are also interested in guns and other Jow Forums-related activities? Then come over to the Australian Jow Forums Discord:
discord.gg/NRnaRK

Attached: nubqzl72ikzz.jpg (249x249, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

firearmownersunited.com/how-to-get-your-firearm-license-state-by-state/
bradjamesmatthews.com/australia-new-bank-bail-in-laws/
dymocks.com.au/book/anarchist-cookbook-by-william-powell-9781387589661/#.XB9CfFwzaUk)
discord.gg/G3WuZR
youtube.com/watch?v=gfiXFyIbOZw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've got a .22 and a 12g shotty, but I can't decide what caliber to buy for a deer and kangaroo hunting rifle. 308, 338 or 30.06.

I've been told to go 30.06 even tho the rounds are more expensive (I won't be shooting that often), they have more punch etc. thoughts?

Attached: Lithgow-LA105.jpg (1080x814, 132K)

the 308 should be plenty for most situations, and if you're already going up a few stops in power may as well get something properly thumpy like a 9.3x62 which can be loaded for monolithic copper screamers or slow heavy thumpers and will take anything from feral hog to heavy sambar stags or even water buffalo in the NT with brass solids

375 H&H.

Well, I'm more likely to shoot at the plate armour of a Chinese soldier than a water buffalo, maybe 308 is enough then.

Seems the price range is quite large, from 1500 starting to several thousands, is 2k reasonable for a good quality rifle (without scope)?
I'm not likely to buy another rifle so is there something really worth spending 2.5-3k on? I'm splitting the costs with my brother which makes it easier.

get an LA102 or a Tikka t3 variant and you'll be well within budget and very well served.

Thanks mate they look good. I'll head into a store to get a feel for them

Another question if i may, what scope would be appropriate for this? Particularly deer stalking

Thanks for the discord link I have been looking for an aussie k dicord.
I just got my first .22 she groups pretty well at 50m.

Attached: lithgroup.jpg (780x1040, 181K)

lots of 1-4's are popular now. I use one myself. Vortex crossfire 2 for example is a great scope, available in 1-4 and reasonably budget friendly

You're very welcome, user.

Yeah they seem well priced. Why 1-4 over 4-12?

I prefer lower magnifications for my normal hunting conditions

Still kicking i see bunnings ;)

30-06 is a great general purpose caliber, and you can get bullets as light as 125gr to as heavy as 220gr.

>can't decide on .22LR or .17WMR for first rifle
thinking a 22LR first for cheap target shooting
then after that I'm sure the collection will snowball regardless. I'm too jewish to be shooting .223 ammo at the range all the time

>try the discord
>social anxiety kicks in with voice chat

would it be a stealth way to get a shedload of people to get their firearms licence by instead opening an airsoft range / field?

airsoft aint legal

Don't have a retarded name then cunt.

it's not legal because there's no dedicated ranges thus no valid reason to aquire

It's illegal because of authoritarians in government, pure and simple. Hopefully it is legalised soon here in WA.

Hi cobber-anons, what's the process of acquiring a license like? I've downloaded the laws for my state but they seem pretty vague. I'd like to shoot at a range, preferably with old wartime guns like SMLE rifles, etc.

Also, what's the difference between 174 grn. and 180 grn.? Would any be better to use for an old rifle?

firearmownersunited.com/how-to-get-your-firearm-license-state-by-state/

I found the process pretty straight forward.. so long as you follow the process

Join the Discord. we have some information there on the process, and we are more than happy to help you out.

Gr / grn stands for grains, it's another measurement unit used a lot for ammunition. In this case, I'm going to assume it's the projectile weight. there's about 15 grains to a gram, so the weight difference isn't that much. I run 155 gr projectiles for a target .308, but things like that are not what you should be thinking about at this point. Work on getting a rifle first, then start playing with different commercial or hand loads

F class?

Nah, actual target rifle, aperture sights, jacket, and luck

F-TR also uses aperture sights, but still. I use 155gr HBC's for 800 and 600m F class

Or you could just grow the fuck up and move to a real country that actually respects it's law abiding, tax paying citizens.

Cucks.

Oh and good work on letting your government pass a law to siphon your bank accounts in the event that banks need to be bailed out when your economy goes to shit, which it will within then next few years thanks to the ineptitude of your musical chairs government.

bradjamesmatthews.com/australia-new-bank-bail-in-laws/

Fucking embarrassing.

Get a 243 mate

Does anyone keep their guns at a range? My house's floor is mainly old timber floorboards and I wouldn't want to bolt a safe down onto it.

And how would I go about leaving Australia with no dual citizenship and degree that only works in NZ and Australia?

NZ has good gun laws

DIdn't realise F-TR was a thing, everyone down this way seem to go straight to F-class, and then about 6 months later get a 6.5 Creedmoor and go to F Open. From what I can tell the 155s are pretty much the go to round for everything, unless you're doing Match rifle, and then anything goes

I was looking at the 5.11 Australian website and was wondering if plate carriers are totally illegal? (without any inserts whatsoever).
>inb4 they jew me with my already purchases

Attached: ohFUCKGODDAMN.png (872x632, 169K)

You might want to start by not being an ignorant fucktard.
You don't need a dual citizenship to live in another country.
Do you think the metric fuck ton of Chinks and Poos you import have dual citizenship?
>and degree that only works in NZ and Australia?
What meme degree is that?

I would love to move to the USA or NZ, user, but it isn't easy. I'm hoping that I will be able to move to the US at some point in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to try and enact some change here.

Yes, they are completely legal.

Not to mention that, as much as I love guns, there are other things to take into consideration.

Thank you based Jow Forumsommando

Attached: oh.jpg (1378x1879, 858K)

Happy to help out, fellow Jow Forumsangaroo.

>I would love to move to the USA or NZ, user, but it isn't easy.
Really, because last I checked it's less than $300 for a ticket to NZ from Aus..
You fly, you land, you find a job, you find a place to live.
If you're not capable of things as basic as that you probably shouldn't be handling guns.
>enact some change here.
Ahahahahaha, let me know how that works out for you if you think moving to another country is difficult.

I know a kiwi that moved to Canada and is now trying to move to the US. Ever considered that?

>You fly, you land, you find a job, you find a place to live.
Have you ever actually moved from one country to another? Also, what makes you think that I am not already looking for potential jobs overseas? I'm still a student and I want to get my degree before I head out there looking for a career.
>Ahahahahaha, let me know how that works out for you if you think moving to another country is difficult.
You may laugh at the notion, but things are changing here, user. People are not so easily duped into the anti-gun nonsense, and most of the anti-gunners in this country are aging out-of-touch dinosaurs. Several pro-gun politicians were recently elected to the Victorian state government, and it is very likely we will get several more in the upcoming federal election in 2019.
I don't want to risk being stuck in Canada, especially under the current leadership over there.

Like I said before, Australia is my country. There are some things that absolutely disgust me (e.g. gun laws, inept federal government, nanny statism) but there are also some things that I love (beautiful landscape, amazing fishing, lots of things to do as an outdoor enthusiast, relatively few natural disasters, etc.) I'm happy to take the good with the bad for the time being, and I have hope that things will get better. Does that mean that I will abandon the notion of leaving? No. But I'm also not going to be overly cynical and constantly hate every moment of my life.

Just play CSGO instead

Maybe if he's in the NT. Otherwise, 30-06 is the way to go.

I'm renting so it'd be a pain to have a safe permanently installed, how do states vary on how long you're able to leave guns in a car safe for?

So long as you hold laws meaning I can't legally pay someone to have consensual sex with them, I'm happy here m8, the USA's just my backup plan if the shit really hits the fan here and we can't un-fuck things by force
>Closed my bank accounts and pulled out 10k this week
Feels good man

Start hoarding propellant and brass.
Buy extra barrels, because precision rifling is hard.
Read a few manuals on caching, not that fake shit (((they))) spread.
Practice your shooting with long arms
Get a bunch of guys practicibg with the same rifle, when you form squads your quickly going to need one calibre everyone can use and interchangeable parts
Practice your hunting hides, and how to disguise hard cover as soft cover; a cotton sheet in front of a brick wall will draw fire instead of being flanked

go larp elsewhere

It's not a joke, there isn't going to be civil unrest in Australia- but guerilla forces will be in high demand in Asia in the next few years.

Indonesia is slowly losing their shit, China tipped the Philipines government and Timor is still not under effective control.

Just go hunting if that's your thing, but Aussies don't have many allies in sea

Are yoy actually retarded. Do you know how much of a joke US immigration law is? You're probably gonna say "hurr fly to US and get a job". That's not how it works you fucking spastic. First, you must submit a job application to a company willing to spend 10k to employ you. After this, you start the process and enter the queue for a H1B, which you MIGHT get within 1 or 2 years. Only then can you legally work. Then after 6 years if your company is willing to spill out another 10k, you can apply for the lengthy process of getting a green card (which allows you to own guns). Even then, you're still devoid of most rights. Finally, after 10 years, you can apply for citizenship.

This.

The US isn't kind to their allies when it comes to immigration

>Aussies don't have many allies in sea
With the United States on our side, we don't need anyone else. I do agree, though, private contractors are going to find a lot of work in Asia soon (almost reminds me of of Rhodesia).

On that topic, Southern Africa may also find itself in a very similar situation if the SA government does not stop this land grab fiasco.

>Read a few manuals on caching
Any in particular that you would recommend?

Bump

I remember seeing some good videos on YouTube discussing the subject.

just want to die lads

>leaving your funs permanently in your car

Attached: 1534459609691.gif (212x212, 1.02M)

Fuck that, just get a heavy safe.

I bought an old bank safe for $400. Build like a fucking tank and weighs about half a ton.

Or buy a cheap one and put weights in it.

OR you just bolt it down anyway, and cover up the mess when you have to move out

Shoot any red bastards this weekend fellas?
I obviously mean foxes not commies

Attached: rekt.jpg (780x1040, 187K)

Yeah unfortunately the us doesn't accept whites just thrird world spics.

The do/k/ument has some old field manuals which I found quiet informative.
I looked at caching but never considered positing caches so they are retrievable.

For instance if your squad is followed could you defend the cache site, or would you be pined down or unable to carry out the supplies under fire (because retreat is blocked by open land)

This, metal safes don't lose much value over time

Something that's always puzzled me.
Australia's policy of taking migrants from minority countries not our direct neibours has seen us gain more int. Influence than we deserve and stopped population spill over like American states are having with latinos (who will eventually vote for separatism)

tfw might be importing a car from the states and considering putting a gun in the fuel tank to get it here

Shut up Carl!
ASIO will crawl right up your ass

You could just send tool boxes or other mixed parts in sea freight to a mechanic without the mechanics knowledge.
Couldn't screen it on X-ray and the delivery wouldn't be too suspicious.
You could send ten to hedge your bets, and the locks on good tool boxes would stop unofficial nossying

Handgun frames light up on xray though

I didn't think they Xrayed cars? Fug

Bump

>The do/k/ument
Link?

The ar/k/ is a more updated version, but I can't seem to find a working link.

I don't think they can xray many containers, only a fraction.
But since most are from registered importers with regular shipments you might be in that fraction

Anyway the gas tank would be an awful place, because it's like the first place I'd look, you can just rattle the tank and since it's meant to be a cavity anything in there will look really odd.

Look I'm not going to help you but don't take stupid risks, since you posted here someone's already noticed

Is the murder cube more up to date? the wiki has an old version for sure.
The onion site probably has the newest (of less reliable) versions
Be aware possession of the dokument can be a criminal offence in some countries

Looking at getting my licence soon. What's a good first rifle? Figured I'd start with a .22, then maybe look at getting an SMLE later on (dad used to have a few that I shot a couple of times and enjoyed). Mostly looking at targets, dunno if I'll do any hunting.

>Be aware possession of the dokument can be a criminal offence in some countries
What in it is illegal? Also, do you have a specific link for it, as I still can't seem to locate it, and it isn't on the wiki.

>Figured I'd start with a .22
Good choice, user. As for a specific rifle, I highly recommend the Ruger Precision Rimfire.

Attached: Ruger-Precision-Rimfire-Rifle.jpg (478x270, 14K)

No idea what's actually in the document but in NSW it's illegal to have blueprints for guns saved

It contains a number some information that may classify it as prohibited in some legal jurisdictions. Specific examples include:
>gun blueprints
>explosives plans
>booby traps

Considering that the anarchist cookbook is no longer banned in Australia (you can find it for sale from Australian bookstores - dymocks.com.au/book/anarchist-cookbook-by-william-powell-9781387589661/#.XB9CfFwzaUk) I wouldn't think that posession of the do/k/ument is illegal. Just don't actually do anything with it, as many of the things that it tells you how to do are very, very illegal.

Sexy. Quite a bit more than I'm looking to spend though.

Oh wait that price was for centrefire. Not as bad as I thought.

30-06
Cleavers have a mad deal on 30-06 Winchester brass rn too. Like 40c ea.

As far as 308 vs 30-06, I prefer 30-06. This is only true for a bolt action rifle and only true if you are not trying to make the rifle a certain weight/length. This is just because you're going to get more bullet versatiltiy and a bit more ballistic performance from a 30-06 than a 308.

I know it sounds fudd but get the 22. You're always going to want a 22 in your safe, so get a nice one.
Check out the upcoming CZ 457; looks decent.
Or look out for a good used Marlin 39A.

suck my dick cunt

Here's a fresh link to the Discord:
discord.gg/G3WuZR

>you do not have permission to send messages in this channel

Did you follow the instructions?

It has explosives instructions and firearm blueprints among other things which are illegal to possess - and furthermore its grounds for police search and half the evidence for terrorist offences.

Got bleach in the laundry and the dokument?
That's "planning and preparation for a terror attack". Probably wouldn't Stand up in court but they have tried several times.

Militaria enthusiasts and firearm owners can accidentally fall foul because they have legal propellants for reloading bullets or antique munitions.
Some wally with fireworks got swatted once.

Hence me not posting links - which could also be considered possession (police can't into internet)

Don't try anything from the anarchists cookbook, the instructions are poorly written, exclude vital safety information and is generally wrong.

Many people think it's used as a honey pot, as is the dokument

I'm not saying that the information is reliable, only that it is apparently legal in Australia now.

Fair enough

Jow Forumsoala here

Hello, feel free to join the Discord.

Bump

30-06 also offers more versatility.

Great recommendation; very accurate and ergonomic.

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=gfiXFyIbOZw

Why are Americans like this, cobbers?

Nothing wrong with that. Just goes to show how reliable and awesome those guns are.

IV8888 is based, and so are the torture tests they conduct.
There are also literally millions of Mosins out there. Destroying one to demonstrate their reliability is not an issue.

no one gets the meme

Wait, you guys can still own guns? Nice.

We sure can.