Traditional Martial Arts that actually work?

Attached: WUSHU.jpg (594x396, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MfmvQKbwvAg
youtube.com/watch?v=CEu5_v1iv-k
youtube.com/watch?v=AmW56eKVgVM
youtu.be/HpMm8d5NXyg
youtu.be/S8AsLoIpj-w
youtube.com/watch?v=44IltzQsnlA#t=196
youtu.be/6V97Pnljj7I
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7wg0OQAa2A
youtube.com/watch?v=GL6Us0Qjh5k
youtube.com/watch?v=xfhPR2nzgEA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Krabi Krabong, Kali and escrima are kinda effective but neutered by not using actual swords

pls no MMA/BJJ tapout faggotry

Attached: 8714911595456639955_n.jpg (629x629, 91K)

>Krabi Krabong, Kali and escrima
Those are all the same thing, right?

Attached: doug.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Stick fighting enthusiasts would probably say a stick is plenty effective, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=MfmvQKbwvAg

regional variations

Boxing

Wrestling

muay thai, for kicking ass. krav maga for self defence

Well, it is sort of experimentally proven time and time again to be the best one-on-one martial art.

the sticks in FMA are meant to be substitutes for actual swords or knives

"neutered" Arnis would be what they teach to elementary kids for traditional dance PE class

Does it matter? You'll only take like ten classes and then quite while thinking you're Bruce Lee

Wrestling and boxing
Bjj isn't traditional, but if youre likely to go hands on, its necessary imo

> fight like a white man
youtube.com/watch?v=CEu5_v1iv-k

Attached: bartitsu.jpg (700x313, 103K)

Muay Thai is very effective at combating your average street combatant (niggers) as once you get in close the average person will try and clinch up. The closer in you get the worse most people fight and the better you will, they need distance for their sloppy ass punches.

Holy Trinity of Krav Maga, Muy Thai, and Sambo

go take krav maga then you fucking faggot

Fuck all of you faggots. Seriously. You fucking people are so goddamn deluded with your "krav maga" bullshit. I bet all of you faggots cant even throw a punch. Then the other half of you fucking faggots are going on about "le epic sambo khabib wrestles bears!!!!!!1!!1! XD" I wish you fucking stupid niggers would die in a fire. If you faggots ever came across anyone with a lick of real combat sports training you would get heemed stiff like the fucking dumb niggers you are. I fucking hate you people so much. If you had any sense about you you'd train wrestling, boxing, or muay thai. But instead you jerk yourself off to shitty krav maga self defense videos on youtube because youre still sensitive about that kid in grade 6 who used to beat you. Fucking unironically heem yourselves you braindead faggots

She's perfect, get over it.
youtube.com/watch?v=AmW56eKVgVM

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

>Krav Maga
Any Okinawan style of Karate is pretty nice.

Attached: 1469836800964.jpg (960x540, 36K)

It's amazing how bongs can always find new way to crack me up, lmao.

In general, if it works in a TMA then it exists in a sport and it's better trained there.
As much as I love training muay thai, and as much as I love watching boxing, kickboxing and MMA, the fact is that you need to grapple. If you can't grapple, and your opponent can, he's usually gonna fuck you up. Striking at range is for professional fighters, on da streetz you need skill in the clinch and on the ground. And TMA is for larpers.
Sorta to that point
youtu.be/HpMm8d5NXyg
Not my video btw. But shows how important dominant position is. And pokes holes in the "well I woulda just drawn my CC and put five center mass" argument. Remember, the criminal always picks the time and the place. You better expect to have to fight to get your gun out.
/rant

It is literally the best option you have with the most return
Quit being a meme faggot

>mma being literally the best option

what

Attached: tenor.gif (220x257, 50K)

None. You could train for years, and all it'd take is one fatty with a gun to drop you. Its inherently pointless to waste your time on these memearts, when you should be training your shooting instead.

Attached: box.webm (640x360, 1.15M)

how do you expect to defend yourself in an airport or courthouse where you can't carry?

>inb4 carry anyways do not comply

You should probably define Traditional Martial Arts first then.

Sadly, no. All the time I wasted there could have been better spend in Muai Tai or something

Pre-Fight Club. Not one of those meme Martial Arts invented in the past 20 years or so.

Attached: smClubNYTimes.jpg (250x267, 47K)

A boxer will lose 99 % of the fights against an MMA fighter because boxing teaches you to fight in an extremely tight frame work of rules and regulations. A boxer does not kick, he does not grapple, he does not fight on the ground, he does not twist arms and legs etc etc, he's at an extreme disadvantage against anyone who's not a boxer.

>ill take go for the legs for 500 Alex
>t.manlet that knows better than to try to box

>Choking someone into a useless, unconscious bag of meat is DUMB!

I assume by traditional you mean something Asian wear you get a belt and a gi. In this case I reccomend judo.

youtu.be/S8AsLoIpj-w

I love that video.

>Jamal will let you roll around with Tyrone and choke him out
That may work in a gay dojo, though.

I bet the other fighters at your gym love having you around lol

God damn, you sound like a butthurt kung fu guy from the early 2000's. "WHAT IF THERE IS MULItPLE ATTACKS AND GLASS ON THE GROUND?!?!"
Grappling is an essential part of fighting and you're a fucking idiot if you ignore it.

*Attackers*

Don't forget the aids needles and lava golems.

Krav is the only valid martial art

> tfw no great grand master Gaylord to mentor you
youtube.com/watch?v=44IltzQsnlA#t=196

Attached: 3804071513_0a497368a7_b.jpg (685x1024, 323K)

That doesn't invalidate boxing. Most people don't practice MMA and a boxer is clearly advantageous against any regular street fighter. Most old martial arts don't really provide leverage.

>don't be your meme, be the current cool kids meme

Turkish wrestling.

Attached: oil-wrestling.jpg (262x192, 10K)

Isn't Pankration MMA before MMA?

At the end of the day, even the best, strongest, most complete style is useless if you lack the wisdom and judgment to use it effectively. It's also kind of important to stay in shape.

But fuck the internal styles. They are pretty, but useless.

He's not wrong. If you're attacked by some random street nigger, there's almost always more than one of them. Striking and staying mobile is better than tying yourself up, though obviously you need to study grappling, mainly to avoid getting grappled.

I’m not an expert but wouldn’t judo work well in a street situation? I’d imagine throwing niggas to the ground would really fuck them up

Attached: 4F6180C9-2392-418C-8F84-74FB3E4AE6C7.jpg (667x397, 47K)

dude do you wanna flow right now bro?

Attached: original_tapout_tshirt_1391241729_d9854a3e.jpg (640x640, 75K)

judo would work very well. it has a high learning curve though

so its literally just karate with jewish marketing?

a fellow man of taste? goju or uechi or isshin?

>excuse me sir can you put on this gi before we fight?

But Fight Club was out in 1996...

Believe it or not, just because black people are in the same area as eachother doesn't necessarily mean they're a gang.

youtu.be/6V97Pnljj7I

>nobody wears clothes anymore

>Relaxing around blacks
No.

See

The founder was a national champion in boxing and wrestling. If you really want to know Krav maga you ought to just box, wrestle, and be willing to dick kick someone.

They all worked when they were created. How well depends on the user, the training, and the circumstances. The ones that transitioned well to civilian defense were heavy striking and practical grappling forms that anticipated the user being outnumbered and unarmed. The ones that have full contact sparring that don't follow "the rules" like "no punching to the face, that thing every human does in a fight" will work.

Wushu was never a martial art. Wing Chun worked great when a 5' woman made it to beat up Chinese men with basic kung fu training. If you're a 230 lbs. 6' guy it might not be the best use of your time. And that's all the effort I'm willing to spend actually answering /asp/ thread # 1375. Keep arguing about which of your Jewish cock-kicking techniques works the best, you all seem to enjoy it instead of getting any answers.

If they actually worked there wouldn’t of have been such a rush towards an alternative (Melee weapons/Firearms)

What if you're doing a traditional martial arts that includes firearms or weapons though...?
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7wg0OQAa2A

But more seriously, most of the old martial arts were about weapons or grappling with daggers/knives. Only the late 19th - 20th century "traditional" martial arts are mostly about hand to hand stuff.

Shorin-Ryu.

Believe it or not, the more people the more chance of you being knocked down or taken down. PRACTICE GRAPPLING YOU FUCKING IDIOT. IF YOU KNOW HOW TO GRAPPLE YOU KNOW HOW TO BETTER STAY ON YOUR FEET.

If there's lava golems then you use MCMAP, dumbass.

S I L A T

By this logic cowboy action shooting is a traditional marital art.

i was training judo before i broke my femur. many of the throws have your opponents head strike the ground. on mats, it hurts to get thrown. but on concrete? that could easily kill someone. jiu jitsu would be better for subduing a melanin enriched person without actually hurting them.

Don't you have to register your body as a lethal weapon after they teach you MCMAP?

Bartitsu

Attached: 220px-Copy_of_Montage.jpg (220x302, 17K)

Pankration

>We’s aight, you can chill around us
Nice try Treyshawn.

I duel wield 1911s, and have incorporated several acrobatic jumps, and legged slides as a part of my fighting style. The key is to incorporate martial arts into your operating a firearm.

IRISH BARE KNUCKLE BOXING
youtube.com/watch?v=GL6Us0Qjh5k

Kek no, take that tan belt to a barfight and see what happens. Mcmap is cool if you get into it but you shouldn't rely on it alone.

No, it wouldn't.

Non McDojo JJ/MT are the most practical things you're going to learn.

Not specifically the meme that is an MMA school all over suburban America because that's shit.

A) You were fucked to begin with and
B) You should have shot both of them

The original pankration was MMA before MMA, the sport of Pankration today is like an MMA LITE.

>he's not wrong
>but he's wrong
>but you're not wrong
>maybe you're right.

Krav Maga isn't a martial art or fighting style you morons.

Glock no Jutsu

Trips cofirm

Technically speaking there's a lot, the main problem is people get this weird idea that martial arts is this magic pressure point bullshit where a 5'2" 80Ibs woman can suddenly take down 250Ibs of pure tank flesh by poking him and saying "you're already dead."
Shits really physically intensive and if you want it to do fuck all you gotta get swole and study for years.

WHATS UP MY HILA KLEINERS

This is a typical "I've never grappled" misconception. Like 90% of throws in judo can also be done without gripping clothing, you just grab the neck, wrists or elbows, or under the shoulder.

Also you can murder a guy in a button down shirt.

t. Judoka

>be willing to dick kick someone.
that is my entire unarmed self defense technique

Attached: 5f0.png (826x339, 219K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xfhPR2nzgEA

Remember whan /asp/ used to be about alternative sports and not just full blown wrestling threads?
Good times.

Then what is it?

Wrestling, shits been practiced for thousands of years and it still works whether on the battlefield or a mat. A lot of times you can stay on your feet when someone else tries to grapple you too. Not only that but wrestlers have unparalleled stamina, its fucking ridiculous. BJJ is good too but you won't get the same athleticism that that wrestling gives you.

Israelis have a motto: SHOOT THE WOMEN FIRST!

Attached: 1509273504306s.jpg (104x125, 3K)

if you don't want mma or bjj then you could do boxing, muay thai, kick boxing or judo, you'll be less trained all around but you'll fuck up most normies knowing any of that.

All martial arts is just a theory on how to fight better. In practice learning a martial art just teaches you how to be mentally psyched up and disciplined to actually fight. There's never going to be some kind of "KILLER MOVE" that stumps all attackers. There's never going to be a "PERFECT MARTIAL ARTS".

You have no idea what youre talking about

Since traditional martial arts included weapons yeah they did. A sword even in the hands of a novice would almost always win again an unarmed opponent.

MMA vs traditional unarmed, mma wins due to being just about winning. Its simple, effective and barbaric.

MMA is not an art. Has no weapons.
TMA unarmed wins against unarmed non-mma opponent, or scares them away.

More than that, the founder was in a Jewish street gang and was the go-to guy when they needed a street fighter. So it's practical experience on top of his boxing and wrestling skill. Also, it's literally MMA.

Boxing