Hey guys. I havent shot a gun since i touched my grandpas rifle years ago...

Hey guys. I havent shot a gun since i touched my grandpas rifle years ago. My brothers your typical 13 year old fortnite playing zoomer. I want to help him do something fun outside because his friends dont really go out either and my parents just watch tv and wont do anyhting with the kid so im the closest person to him. It was hard moneywise, but i got him a bike and a drone for christmas.

But i want to add one more thing...an airsoft gun. My mom was hesitant at first but then opened up to the idea, how it could be fun shooting cans or printed targets outside. Truthfully, i dont know anything about this. Do you guys have any ideas what a basic, reliable airsoft bb handgun/semi auto rifle could be for a 13 year old? I am truly grateful for any help you guys can provide.

Attached: 1384418689683.png (386x478, 174K)

Other urls found in this thread:

airsoftstation.com/agm-l96-awp-airsoft-sniper-rifle-black/?aff=2
amazon.com/d/Airsoft-Pistols-Airsplat-Guns/Taurus-Millennium-PT-111-Spring-Powered/B000W30U3C/ref=mp_s_a_1_9/142-7442533-3776815?ie=UTF8&qid=1545507835&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=airsoft+gun&dpPl=1&dpID=41i+36AML1L&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1
amazon.com/Crosman-Vigilante-Pistol-Holster-Magazines/dp/B00BWWJPAQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545508231&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=crosman vigilante&dpPl=1&dpID=51Bh7WU0WAL&ref=plSrch
evike.com/products/38265/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well, first consider your options. Are you trying to introduce him to shooting, or is he trying to play with other people, or what?

>zoomer
go fuck yourself first and get him a crosman 1077 later

Well were in california if that helps any. I would like to maybe shoot one day but i feel like its not really possible here and theres neighbors right by. The idea is just to have a more fun outdoor activity that we can do and enjoy together while talking. Just basic cans/paper plates/targets/maybe even a rat or other pest that sneaks in the garden. For now

I see it has good reviews for $70 but Im not sure...it seems a little expensive for an entry airsoft gun. Or maybe im just poor as hell at this point after getting others gifts. Should I just suck it up and jump on it?

>Should I just suck it up and jump on it?
It is a pellet gun and uses co2 cartridges if you dont want that either get a Crosman Marlin Cowboy repeater. Airsoft is super shit to get into

With that in mind, I'd recommend a tri-shot shotgun, sold by various manufacturers. I had the m3 supernova replica as my first airsoft gun and it was pretty fun to shoot. The pump action is spring-powered though, so it'll take some breaking in and a little muscle to rack it correctly. Pic related is one sold by CYMA on evike.com for 50 bucks, and the other options are there too.

t. airsoftfag

Attached: Tri_shot.png (1920x1040, 421K)

I see, well thank you. How about the Daisy Red Rider? It seems to be a little more liked and available than the CMC. Airsofts can be cool right? I remember always being jealous that my friends parents would let them get together and have airsoft team battles but I could never join in

>Daisy Red Rider
Idk about it since it doesnt sell in my country but it has a wood stock and is has good reviews. Also never use the zoomer meme agian

Thats a slick looking shotgun but, and i hate to sound like this, i would prefer to stick with a handgun or rifle. I will bookmark that shotgun though because now i actually kinda want one lel. Mainly cause i think its more standard and he likes the medic rifles in battlefield 1.

The zoomer meme is true. I pick up my brother and see kids doing fortnite dances. I gotta be honest watching the crossman 1077 in action, im really drawn to it now. I feel like thats the one besides it maybe being a little to loud. It fucked up cans and it looks really nice

Well for one, you'll shoot your eye out, kid. Second, I highly recommend getting him a .22lr single shot or bolt action rifle. Do you live on a bunch of land? If so, it'll be a lot more satisfying shooting a real gun. That, and it can really spark a genuine interest in real shooting. Just remember basic firearms safety rules, and keep it locked away in your room but bring him out with it whenever possible. Plus it's cheap as shit to shoot.

The zoomer meme is forced as fuck ever since Jow Forums had their 30 year old boomer sperg out

fuck outta here with the boomer impression

Attached: 1544340648290.jpg (1080x1080, 78K)

Aside from the first remark, I'm deadass serious. "plinking" with an airsoft gun is pretty meh.

Attached: IMG_20171022_155729797.jpg (1836x3264, 1.62M)

Thats why I prefer pellet guns

I suppose you could maybe go for a sniper rifle. There's a good amount of bolt action airsoft guns, but they're gonna definitely be over 50 bucks

Pellet guns are pretty dang fun I will admit. I've physically removed quite a few rabbits and squirrels with one.

Can you tell me more about this c02 cartridge business? You dont just buy the gun and bb pellets? You have to keep buying clips that hold the bullets because they wear out?

Co2 powers the gun and allows it to be semi auto. There is no charging like with a repeater or bolt airsoft. Where I live they are cheap af.

I dont think it would be smart to buy then because of poorfaggotry. Id be fine with bolt action. I mean we grew up with those shitty nerf guns and those were single shot but we still had fun. So from my quick research, i see there battery powered automatic types, co2 cartrdige types that need replacing, pump types where its as strong depending how many times you pump it, and the standard bolt action shoot once and cock it.

You seem to be confused on the differences between bb guns airsoft guns and pellet guns.
To put it simply airsoft is for shooting at others and tends to look realistic. There are plenty of airsoft matches in ca.
Bb guns and pellet guns will hurt people. Pellets are more accurate but tend to be single shot and not repeaters.

Truthfully, i am confused. But considering all the posts here and doing my own research for hours, i have finally come across this

airsoftstation.com/agm-l96-awp-airsoft-sniper-rifle-black/?aff=2

Its a bit out of my price range which means id be eating ramen or rice/beans for a week...but if it means a solid quality beginners rifle and a fun thing to do with my brother in the backyard, i can accept that. Before i buy it, i would like a more knowledgeable eye to examine this. Is this overkill for putting holes in cans and cardboard?

If you want something for plinking get a pellet gun, if you want something he can shoot at other people with go to /asp/ airsoft general

Just go and get a cheap gamo under lever. They're cheap and accurate and quiet. I have one for shooting 5c coins in my backyard while I drink beers. They're usually on sale for 350ish around Christmas

You could get him any one of the Daisy Powerline series of BB guns. can hit pill bottles from 30 yds with mine,and by adjusting the amount of pumpsyou can adjust the power. Next year, after he has proven himself to be responsible with it, get him a break action .22 air rifle.

Also, there is no CO2 needed, and you can shoot both BBs and pellets through them, making ammo cheap.

>bitching about a word /tv/ invented 4 months ago
Kill yourself retard

>/tv/
>4 months ago
leave

>thousands of people and images were post it its forced
stop trying to fit in newfag you have never even seen a forced meme

yeah sure

Attached: 859846-seakingearth_super.gif (600x370, 152K)

Son, when was the last time your grandpa made you touch his rifle?

Isn't anything by JG a decent entry-level AEG?

I started with a JG G36 a few years ago, eventually modified it a bunch but Its a great starter for cheap and get a smart charger too

Ok. Lemme set it straight
Airsoft guns shoot plastic balls and are totally nonlethal, hence the orange tips. They come in both manual-action and semi/full auto. The automatics rely on either a battery or gas canisters.
Airguns aka bb/pellet guns shoot metal or lead projectiles and can seriously injure a person and kill small game, hence the lack of an orange tip
They also come in manual and automatic configurations, but automatics require gas or air canisters, electricity is not an option.
Airsoft:
amazon.com/d/Airsoft-Pistols-Airsplat-Guns/Taurus-Millennium-PT-111-Spring-Powered/B000W30U3C/ref=mp_s_a_1_9/142-7442533-3776815?ie=UTF8&qid=1545507835&sr=8-9&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=airsoft+gun&dpPl=1&dpID=41i+36AML1L&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1
Airgun:
amazon.com/Crosman-Vigilante-Pistol-Holster-Magazines/dp/B00BWWJPAQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545508231&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=crosman vigilante&dpPl=1&dpID=51Bh7WU0WAL&ref=plSrch

I do play Air soft, Id recommend This
evike.com/products/38265/
Introduce him to K and tell him about the glory's of nuggets

Get some targets that you can reset from the firing line.