/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

The Chad Jody edition

LIEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LIEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW
>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Previous

Attached: military.png (896x1026, 1.16M)

What should I expect as a dental assistant? Was the only open option for corpsman and I’m not really salty about it.

Nice job. It's very chill.
You're almost never on emergency call, since dental emergencies are rare.
Dentists are good people to work with (or at least, have less of a god complex than physicians), so your officers will be much more laid-back.
Every base has a dentist, so you'll have great options for duty stations.
You're also plugged-in to a great set of post-service careers.

On the downside, HM is overmanned right now so you'll promote slow. This wasn't an issue when dental tech was its own rate, but it merged with HM a while back and now they're stuck in.

Also, and this is a potential big one if you're not smart, schooling is long, since you have to go to Corpsman school and then dental tech school; but if you wash out at any point, you're scraping paint. Fail Corpsman school? Needs of the Navy. Fail dental tech school? They're not going to make you a normal Corpsman, it's needs of the Navy. They have enough HMs and you signed up to be a dental tech.

That’s good to hear. Wasn’t planning on failing anyways considering how colorblind I am and how relatively little was available to me as a result. IT, gunners mate, fire controlman and god knows what else were all canned for that alone. Do DA’s get on ships often? Heard conflicting things about that, some saying that happens while others say it’s a exception for one to be stationed on any.

I know carriers have dentists, the smaller ships probably don't.

I'm just speculating but I imagine that you could probably stand a good chance of getting a posting on a carrier if you volunteered for it enough. The people who go into that rate probably like the stability of being shore-bound and certainly the ones who've been in-rate for a while want to stay put.

When you're aboard a ship you'll be doing a lot more than dental work,

Does the army national guard test for steroids either before basic or anytime after? I am currently natural but I am at the point in my lifting career where it would make sense to turn in my natty card. The main reason I haven't is because I plan on going through Army BCT this summer.

Attached: SEAL ostracized.jpg (847x701, 65K)

>Does the army national guard test for steroids either before basic or anytime after?
...sort of.

It's well within an officer's right to test a soldier for steroids if he has cause to believe the soldier's on gear, but in practice it's extremely rare. They have so many other things to worry about, a particular soldier's particular dedication to fitness will always fall low on the list.
Steroid use is actually rampant in the military, though mostly for the reduced injuriy recovery-time aspect than the hueg gainz aspect.

That said, if you show up looking like you just stepped off the pages of a Rob Liefeld comic, you might get tested anyway.

I'm looking to join the Airforce and my biggest concern going in is the investigation for top security clearance. I don't have any criminal history or medical issues however, 6 months ago I worked at a grocery store where I was fired for being caught under the influence of marijuana on the job. Dumbest decision I made in my life and I've held much better jobs since without touching drugs since but what are the chances this comes to bite me in the ass if I enlist? Should I explain the reason why I left or refrain from spilling too much?

Thanks for the info. I have always wondering what role Anabolics have in the military. As far as you know are people taking just above TRT doses?

>bootcamp
>I'm the fattest out of shape person with a baby face
>literally everyone else is a fit chad

How do I deal with this feel?

Attached: 5845cd230b2a3b54fdbaecf7.png (1092x1037, 27K)

Take this with a grain of salt since I've been out nearly four years. (I'm in this thread whenever I miss it.)
The dosage and particular drugs used varied from person to person. The majority of guys, though, used smaller quantities for recovery. I don't know any specifics in terms of dosages since I didn't use, myself, but guys talked. Most guys just stuck to creatine for recovery. for whatever that's worth.

The guys who used and were absolutely huge were nearly always super-POGs. They had the time and access to nutrition to allow for maintaining that much mass.

>ex-member of the pork chop platoon here. I could do the pullups, crunches, running, but I was too fucking fat.
one word: motivation. redirect all your self-loathing into doing everything better. some of the fatbodies would get down on themselves and become bare-minimum shitbags, others would relish the challenge.
on the plus side, you also get a nice bonus intermediate goal. graduation is an eternity in the future, but in 21 days, you might graduate from pcp. you get something to work for and get a little reward.

Why are enlisted personnel on average shorter than officers?

Attached: fuck off manlet.webm (640x640, 666K)

Social class.

Officers are more educated. The educated are typically wealthier, which translates to improved nutrition and health care, which translates to increased height. Taller males tend to have children with taller females, thus producing taller children who have better access to education, nutrition, and health care, etc etc etc

Enlisted are uneducated, meaning they are probably poorer and do not have access to the same levels of education, nutrition, and health care. In addition, they are more likely to be only a few generations removed from their immigrant ancestors who probably came here from a poorer country, where they were even more poorly-nourished.

>tfw short officer

Life just isn't fair. Everyone assumes I'm enlisted when I say I'm in the service, and I have never received a salute from more than 10 paces away. I still love my job and like the people I work with, but lack of recognition is a bummer and I'm far more aware of it now and go out of my way to recognize good work from my men.

What branch?

Army

Just make the best of it.

Posting a fucking midget. General Petraeus was a midget too and he had a bunch of women fighting over him (lost his job over it but whatever).

Attached: us army 2lt audie murphy.jpg (863x1065, 60K)

What's life like as a 68P? I couldn't find very much insight from others online

I ain't ever going to be like Audie or Patraeus, but I appreciate the mindset. Even if the others look down on me, I'm still making the same as them, so that provides a little mental respite

wake up at oh-dark-crowpiss, get shit-showered-and-shaved
drive to base
pt
change into scrubs and do x-rays, MRIs, CT scans in the hospital all day
go home

you have tons of free time so you can bang out tons of courses and study hours while on duty

>tfw tall as fuck enlisted

You'd think it's great but being in an infantryman my buddies try to clown on me as much as they can

>you know you're gonna get shot before anyone else, right dude
>sup beanpole
>how's the weather up there
>aye SLIM
>maybe by the time you finish your airborne contract you'll be a normal height

Swear to god sometimes I wanna go full retard rage on em all

Attached: 1494355240880.jpg (1200x900, 220K)

How tall are you anyways? Unless you’re borderline midget tier I doubt it is as bad as you say.
Just remember that pic related was 5’8.

Attached: AB6AB6BD-FA70-443F-9B87-7FAC6D0EF993.jpg (220x271, 29K)

>God given Chad frame
>doesn't have the personality to back it up

Embarrassing. Fix thyself.

Attached: chad walking down the street.gif (400x373, 2.54M)

It's all in good fun and I can fire back real easy but as a tall person in general those fucking nicknames and stupid ass questions like "did you play basketball???" make me homicidal

>short actor
Actors are very often manlets because they went into drama club in school since they were too small for sports.

Actors are bottoms IRL and have to suck producer's dicks to make it big. They can be as charismatic as they want on film, but when encountered IRL the illusion falls apart.

Attached: manlet gets found out.jpg (1366x768, 116K)

5'7, so hardly a midget but most O's are 6 feet, and all of those hot models that they are hooking up with aren't much shorter. A decent amount of my men are taller too, but I don't mind if they joke around because they're good workers and keep the trouble to a minimum

You should have gone into the Marines, where they're all dwarfs for some reason, or the Air Force, which is full of females.

Just remember that the world fears the manlet. Least you got a good crew though, sounds like you aren’t that bad of an officer either.
t. 5’8/5’9

>but I don't mind if they joke around because they're good workers and keep the trouble to a minimum
You sound like you're constantly in fear of getting bullied.

Okay so serious question. How fucked am I if I have to take a polygraph for a security clearance? I've smoked weed and dabbled in psychedelics and I dont know if I'll be able to pass a polygraph. What happens if I fail? Should I just be honest? I'm going 68w in the Army btw

Attached: IMG_20180904_191958.jpg (750x581, 63K)

I don't regret not going AF, though Coast Guard has been growing on me the more I learn about it. I haven't had to work with very many women, but based upon the few experiences, I don't feel like I'm missing out on much

Longer lifespan and heavier squats has to mean something!

Of course I am, I'm stuck in this job for at least 3 more years and I don't want to be surrounded by people that actively bully me because they know I can't walk away. The manlet meme can be painfully true, and it feels like I've had a subpar college and military experience because of it. I don't let it affect my work with others, but I try to stay late or volunteer helping others because my personal life is an empty void. I didn't even bother buying a couch or a table for my new apartment since I'm always going to be eating alone

Were you ever arrested?

>I haven't had to work with very many women, but based upon the few experiences, I don't feel like I'm missing out on much
Oh, shit. Right. I forgot, sorry. Manlets and women don't gel.

I still find it hard to believe that an officer, any officer, would have difficulty fraternizing with female enlisted. But, it's a big army, I suppose, with all types in it.

Don’t forget easier gains.

I'm only a 2nd Lt so I don't have any clout, and I wouldn't fraternize anyways because I take honor and integrity seriously. The uniform hasn't attracted any girls period, so it definitely wouldn't work on a woman also wearing a uniform

Hell yeah, there's no excuse for an officer to be a pencil neck

Anyone here know how tough the army diver AIT is?

Not him, but I have a similar drug history but never been arrested or have any criminal history for that matter. Does it really matter if they can't prove it?

>88M AIT
>tough
Loving Every Laugh

>diver

You will never be taking a poly as a 68W, especially at the entry level.

>6 months ago I worked at a grocery store where I was fired for being caught under the influence of marijuana on the job.
If the company filed the firing with the local state labour board as that. Then yes they will find it in a security check.
If they didn't file as that then they might not find out. Just depends if the investigators decide to interview your boss. Which as a slight high probability as I'm assuming you're pretty young.
Honestly I've seen it go both ways. I've seen guys explain things upfront and get themselves basically black balled. Other times I've seen security checks literally miss criminal activity. So not sure what to tell you m8.

unless you go to Ranger Regiment

fuck, man. stop posting. you're making ME depressed.

>I'm the fattest out of shape person with a baby face
>literally everyone else is a fit chad
Wait are you already at bootcamp? How are you shit posting? Or are you just assuming this is the case?
I have never in my life heard of a single training unit not being 50% broke asses, lazy buggers, and trash of the gutter. So you'll fit in just fine.

Nope

This puts me at ease.

This.

Also the reason they have better looking wives. Is because the average officer commissions at 23 yr. They have college degrees. Most met their wives there among all the thots. Also as women practice hypergamy. Who are you going to date? A 19 year old private who still can't drink and thinks a good time is going down to the off base titty bar. Or the 24 year old lieutenant who has learned how to speak to women throughout university and can afford to live on his own?

> hard to believe that an officer, any officer, would have difficulty fraternizing with female enlisted.
It's not about being hard it's about not wanting your career ruined and dragged before mast. Women in the military are a fucking protected class. They're a danger and you do not want to go anywhere near them. The horror stories I and other people have will make you go gay for self preservation.

Is honesty the best policy then? I'd rather be kicked out for telling the truth than face legal liability for lying. I've worked at several places, the most interesting of which was my county's supervisor of elections where my job had me swear an oath and handle personal information as well as transporting thousands of ballots from the poll site to the SOE office. I'm hoping they would interview my boss there instead of that bumfuck grocery store.

DID you play basketball?

Attached: 1525824418859s.jpg (250x250, 6K)

How common are weebs in the military? Predominantly Air Force or Navy?

apparently lots in intel / comms for the af

Honesty is always good but the truth is this. If you want to serve you only get one shot. I will not encourage you to lie. I would not say do anything that violates the honour code. You want this are you going to let a mistake ruin your life? I made mistakes too and no wonder ever has found them out. If they did I certainly would be in trouble. Yet I still got my clearance and commission. So it's all your decision.

>go gay for self-preservation

Maybe the Navy was onto something after all

It’s not queer if it is on the pier.

It's not gay if you don't look them in the eyes. Or if you look them in the eyes and say no homo.

How tall are you homes

>polygraph
>68w
No

Understood.
I'll come clean, if I'm barred from service so be it, but I won't let the past hold me down especially since I know my character has grown alot since then.

What are some good midwestern bases? Personal preference wise

Attached: 54250E1BC36C4B3CB3F5EB35E90FAE18.jpg (1080x1061, 219K)

Minot

Am waiting to be in processed into my unit (11b), have been here about a week now and have become severely depressed. I was fine all through basic but idk what happened. I just can’t stand anyone here and it’s a hassle to go do anything around the island (HI).

Does it get better?

You're thinking about it the wrong way. You're thinking about it in terms of a relationship. Think about it in terms of fucking.

Women, believe it or not, have as healthy a sex drive as me (moreso if some surveys I've heard of are accurate). These are young, fit, healthy women. They want to fuck.

What you have to do is find a woman who just wants to fuck. You need to do your homework first and feel her out. Is she actually crazy? Does she want a relationship? (This is easier when you're deployed since the rules about being faithful to your boy- or girlfriend back home are fuzzy.)

I was an officer of Marines for eight years and I never had a problem finding servicewomen to fuck.
Just follow the simple rules:

- No one under 21, they're crazy by default.
- No one in your own COC (that's jsut begging to be made an example of)
- If possible, stick to Navy girls (or Air Force, if you're Army)
- Target junior officers first, but avoid ringknockers
- Develop a friendly rapport first, and make sure she JUST WANTS TO FUCK and make her understand you don't want a relationship either.

- and finally, be a "generous lover". Ask her what she wants to do. Make sure she comes. If you're a good lay, bagging the next one will easier, since they all talk.

You're staring the rest of your enlistment in the face, it's natural. In Boot Camp, you had an immediate goal to look forward to. Now, it's sweep rocks and mow dust until you EAS.
Focus on your job every day. Keep yourself busy. Take courses, get fitter, volunteer to go to schools. Time will fly and you will inevitably surround yourself with similarly motivated individuals with positive attitudes.

Ringknocker? Sounds like you have plenty of experience with this, why do you advise Navy girls for Marines and AF for Army? At Pcola we've got representation from all over (including a few international). Also, what's the best way to verify their age so I don't waste any time on a 19 year old that lies about her age to bag mature guys?

How easy will it be for me to journal at Parris Island? Should I keep the pages or just mail them home to myself?

Attached: 2aa89994b29e304fb111a211758d0b16.jpg (403x395, 32K)

They're going to read through it so be mindful of what you write, but journals are a great way to keep yourself motivated as you tick off the days until graduation, and will help with your memory. Also don't forget to go to chapel, even if you aren't religious it's a place to relax

>netflix confirms that landwhales are a military fetish
>pic related is married to a airman

Attached: 0-1.jpg (610x814, 58K)

>read through it
Can I get more detail about this? How/why?

>>netflix confirms that landwhales are a military fetish
How?

>Think about it in terms of fucking.
>These are young, fit, healthy women. They want to fuck.
>You need to do your homework first and feel her out.
>be a "generous lover".
Oh my god you just gave me a good fucking laugh m8. You've been reading too much Neil Strauss.
Commodore Group Major, I appreciate the lovely input but Jesus Christ.

Attached: 41mJi5S7AkL.jpg (329x500, 22K)

super shitty show called bird box,

>why do you advise Navy girls for Marines and AF for Army
Convenience. Navy girls like Marines, Air Force girls like Army guys. I'm not sure how it worked out this way. Air Force girls (officers) are fine (some very fine) but I just didn't personally encounter enough to get a representative sample. Army girls can be hit or miss, mostly miss, since their fitness standards are nonexistent. Marine girls...you know what?...just no, don't. They couldn't have been all there to join the Marines in the first place.

Ringknockers are too career-driven. They are only thinking of their own asses and will burn you if it gets them closer to promotion.

Finding an enlisted over 21 is easier than it sounds. Young girls sound obviously less mature, and if they sound immature, then even if they're over 21 they're probably crazy. Or you can take them to a place off-base that cards. (do this in a group, if possible, for witnesses, just in case) or when talking them up, ask them things like when they graduated high school. Or note their rank and add up minimum TIS to get there, assuming they were 18 when they enlisted.

Stick to officers, though. Way safer.

>thinking ancient knowledge comes from a book
How did this species survive ever before Roosh V?

Have my air force officer selection board in january, and put RPA pilot as first choice. However, i just started reading all the negative shit about the lifestyle and workload of RPA pilots, and that 7/10 have been depressed or considered suicide. Has anyone here worked in the RPA field and can describe the pros and cons of it?

You didn't have big daddy gov making men pay for women's bad decisions.

To make sure you aren't suicidal, presumably. It doesn't happen all the time, but I know a guy that got removed because he wasn't hiding his depression very well and the DIs took his journal and confirmed he wanted to kill himself. Never saw him again, I hope he didn't end up EASing out of life

Fug, RIP. Makes sense tho. But that's all they look for then?

Fuck off

>90% of coast guard goes unpaid during government shutdown
america really is the great satan isnt it

90% of all coast guard receives delayed payment of wages during the shutdown.

Go back to Jow Forums shill.

They waiver past weed use now. I'd just be honest.

Why, /meg/? Why...?

Parking is bad enough already.

20 y/o here, I've been conflicted about joining the coast guard, and going for A school to do Maritime Enforcement Specialist, or even be a boarding officer, something along those lines. Or going to the AirForce and trying for PJ(because that's realistic) or even Navy for a corpsman. But I can't seem to make my mind up

They waiver weed use. They don't waiver being under the influence of substances while working.

>corpsman
Just be ready to fight a little bit for it, corpsman is a really popular rate and finding an open spot can be a pain in the ass for both you and the guy at the computer. Also don’t flunk out of a school and whatever other school you’ll possibly go to unless you want to go undesignated, and you do not want to go undesignated.

Wrong. The military members of the Coast Guard are getting payed as normal. The civilians are they only portion which will be cut until further notice.

I was thinking of being a corpsman, I already have medical experience, I've been an EMT since I was 18, and been working for the better part of 2years. I was hoping a medical related field would fit better

did you get your military discount today, /meg/?

Attached: 4A1EC9A1-5402-446D-A70A-2F664FE3ADB8.jpg (640x640, 67K)

So Air Force is the most likely option if I want to stay 20+ years and get my retirement?

No they're all equally likely

>finding an open spot can be a pain in the ass for both you and the guy at the computer.

No, it's a pain for just the recruiter. It's no effort on your part to tell the recruiter what you want and that you're willing to hold out.
In fact, sometimes the recruiter doesn't mind since, if you're serious, you'll contribute to some future month's recruitment quota. (You show him you're serious by doing the necessary work ahead of time, like PT'ing, learning the traditions, ranks, general orders, etc)

>You show him you're serious
shit my recruiter thought i was serious just by me having a high asvab and knowing what job i was interested in
people really do walk in with no clue other then "i want in"

Any 1A2X1s here? Been thinking about retraining and could use some first hand advice.

I think most who walk in just want to join except for guys who want to be infantry who just say they want infantry.
if you ever just sit in a recruiters office for a bit it's crazy what walks in. People really just with no idea except they want to change their life and don't know how so they just do that.

You get all types, that's for sure.
The guy or girl who walks into the office having done their homework, is fit, has their paperwork, knows what job(s) they want, asks good questions...that's a recruiter's dream.
The fat kid who walks in and thinks he's going to be MARSOC right off the bat and won't listen to anything past "Ooh-rah, here's your railgun! (and, psst, don't tell the civilians we have these.)" make me want to slit my wrists.

I did a three years of recruiting duty. It's a shit job.

>Be me, former General of USSF
>Be wearing my Wounded Warrior polo shirt, 5.11 Tactical khaki pants, and United States Veteran hat from my old ship; USS Uranus.
>Go to Starbucks for my morning black coffee. I hate the taste and would prefer to add sugar and cream, but I must keep up appearances for being tough.
>The lady thanks me for my service. Willy beings to tingle.
>Ask if they have a military discount. The lady apologizes, "Sorry sir but we stopped offering that."
>"What did you just say? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Space Marines, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Space ISIS, and I have over 3,000 confirmed orbits. I am trained in space warfare and I'm the top laser cannon operator in the entire USSF. You are nothing to me. I will wipe you the fuck out with pinpoint orbital precision kenetic strikes; ever heard of Rods from God bitch! You think you can get away with denying me my discount?Think again, fucker. I will be contacting my secret social network of veterans across the USA to bring the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can criticize you seven hundred ways, and that's just with my cell phone. Not only am I extensively trained in zero-G karate, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Space Force and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little cunt. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your denial of my discount was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have given me my $.85 discount. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn barista. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo."
>"I'm sorry sir but no discount allowed."
>I begrudgingly pay and go home. Go and watch reruns of JAG and Generation Kill complaining about inaccuracies to your dog.

Attached: DgEsfYkUEAACSet.png (1200x1200, 702K)

>USS Uranus.
Ah, the Whistlin' Butthole. The finest Apocalypse-class Battlecruiser in the fleet.