QTDDTOT: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

I'll start off with asking if any of you know if Mauser "trench magazines" will fit in a Yugo M24/47?

Attached: trench mag mauser.jpg (746x231, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/TRUGLO-Marlin-Rimfire-Rifle-Front/dp/B01N3MQZCV
snakeriverarmory.net/RISE-ARMAMENT-RA-140-SST-DROP-IN-TRIGGER-AW-p/ra140-aw.htm
palmettostatearmory.com/geissele-super-semi-automatic-trigger.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anyone know anything about the polymer 80? mine came together just fine but now the slide is so tight it cant be racked with a full mag

Can I attach a Picatinny rail to my dick?
I want to attach a laser sight. Any advice how to zero it would be helpful as well, thanks

Who is importing the new meatballs?

Best books on the Rhodesian Bush War and Soviet War in Afghanistan?

Any major reliability differences between a pump action and semi-auto shotgun?

Check to see how well you seated the slide rails on the frame. They may be misaligned. You may need to remove some material from the frame itself where the rails sit above the frame.

It should work just fine. The 24/47 as well as the m48 are intermediate sized 98 actions. However, their magazine should be the same size as all other 98s. I will check when I get home later today as I have both a K98 and a yugo M48.

Asking for what I need for svt-40 sight and gas adjustment.

Boresnake or Otis Ripcord?

>I'll start off with asking if any of you know if Mauser "trench magazines" will fit in a Yugo M24/47?
No; the floorplate is shorter because the magazine box itself is shorter than a standard-length M98 action.

how do I prevent these frogs from degrading any further? They're extremely dry but still intact, the 84 on the right is numbers matching

Attached: growing stronger.png (1251x938, 2.78M)

Ballistol,Huberds shoe grease. They've done well by me so far

Semi auto shotguns depending on which are very picky when it comes to ammo.

Some Semi-auto shotguns can have issues cycling low recoil and target loads. Pump action doesn't have that issue

Rhodesian Bush War: Three Sips of Gin

I've got a jar of Saphir's Renovateur and a few jars of Meltonian cream polish, think a few dabs of the reno might be good for em'?

Attached: 519bah-aI1L[1].jpg (500x477, 45K)

What is the chealest I could get a decent imported FN FAL?

Couldn't tell you, but my recommendation from experience is to use product that's based off of natural ingredients. I've never used that stuff before.

I work with a doctor who was in the soviet military during the afghan war. Man has some stories.

How do I fix this Arisaka 4 piece stock with out removing the hiragana and kanji charachters? I heard the “splitting” is a common problem. I don’t want to bubba this one.

Attached: 66CB6EDE-44DC-46C9-BFD4-C061523CDB1E.jpg (4032x3024, 1.68M)

Another pictures.

Attached: C1732E4A-1B99-4543-920F-637A17C31109.jpg (4032x3024, 1.4M)

It’s got a full mum too. It’s last ditch as fuck but it’s my last ditch. It’s missing the two last ditch habdgaurds. Too which is gonna be a bitch to find.

Attached: 53EEF0C7-8FDB-4839-B4E0-DDB459395D15.jpg (4032x3024, 1.72M)

what's your process for using the two on frogs? rub in some ballistol and then some rub-a-dub with the shoe grease? I don't have any aerosol CLP stuff yet so this could be a good purchase right here

Appreciate the suggestion brother. i took a look but everything seems to be lined up, i noticed the rear rails gather a TON of carbon from racking the slide though. seems like theres some extra contact there for some reason? very odd

most common guns and ammo by state or general area of the us?

watch that extremely boring but helpful guy on that Anvil something or other youtube channel. he fixes shit like that and he does it the right way.

Who? Do you have a link to a video of his. I’m not sure who you’re talking about.

Does this look okay?

Attached: IMG_0570.jpg (3618x2181, 2.23M)

What is there to fix? its dovetailed so the two-piece stock is not gonna come apart.

It’s not how it’s suppose to be. It’s a war bring back, so some vet put it in his shed and let it rot for 60 years. If it was taken care of it wouldn’t be like that.

go to the C&Rsenal channel on youtube and click on Playlists. find the Anvil series. click on it. scroll through until you start seeing vids about stock repair. one was called "cooking an omelette" or something, basically meaning in order to cook the meal (fix the stock) you gotta break some eggs (kinda fuck it up worse than it was, then actually repair it)
dude is a legit pro, so his work may be above the average basement gunsmith (no insult intended) but it's a good starting point.
make a pot of coffee.

I have mosin but never bought any C L I P S for it. I've heard there's a lot of crappy ones that don't work well. Any suggestions on brands? Cost won't matter I don't need a ton

>brands of clips

I don't think that's a thing but you MAY find some that are branded. generally you get the good ones from russia, or shitty ass chinese ones that may or may not work.
Good luck. We're all counting on you.

Attached: liam neeson.jpg (376x216, 8K)

Made the mistake of getting the Chinese ones. They don’t even hold the 7.62 rounds in. Lmao. I got like 50 of them for 5 bucks.

>Ha ha fat lazy stupid american buy 5¥ of shitty steel for $5
(insert laughing chinese man)

Yes.

>pic related with a little imagination

Attached: 20181222_160439.jpg (1062x1078, 290K)

SCREW YOU!!!!

Chinese scopes from AliExpress: yes or no or maybe?

No.

Not merely no, but hell no.

If all the sear and wear surfaces are as sharp as they look, then yes.

whats a good round for killing coyotes

for airshit

Milfag here, what should I get when I move out of barracks?

I sometimes have trouble picking up the front sight post on my rifle. Would painting it white/neon/glow in the dark be genius or full retard?

Did the mods start banning the buy/sell/trade threads? Didn't see one in the catalog

if ar15, look into a tritium front sight.expensive, but i use a similar setup (stock rear sights, glowy front) on my competition pistol and it really helped me improve

It's a matter of personal taste. Bright orange paint applied over a coat of white paint stands out pretty well, though some people afterwards get a little sloppy with elevation when snap-shooting.

Stupid question.
But does 4th of July have the same kind of sales as Black Friday?

>Mauser "trench magazines"

Are a fiction. Never used in reality. Youtubers are not into history really.

a dependapotamus

This. Marry a tattooed stripper with a meth problem. I'm absolutely 100% sure you won't come back from deployment to find her pregnant with her drug dealer's baby.

It's a Marlin 795. I'm not sure if the front is even replaceable, and if it is, doing so would probably cost half as much as the rifle for tritium. Cheap and dirty is the way.

So it is done. I'll have to think about that seriously, then.

>It's a Marlin 795. I'm not sure if the front is even replaceable, and if it is, doing so would probably cost half as much as the rifle for tritium. Cheap and dirty is the way.

amazon.com/TRUGLO-Marlin-Rimfire-Rifle-Front/dp/B01N3MQZCV

Fiberoptic front and rear for Marlin .22 rifles, $24 and shipping. If you like fiberoptic sights, that is.

Attached: ackchyually.gif (220x220, 23K)

oops, sorry. That's for just the front sight. $45 for the front + rear.

Shit son just about anything depending on how good you are. .30 cal and up is more than enough in my opinion while anything bigger than .22cb is prime. So really it all comes down to the average distance you'll be shooting them. Get something in 5.56 or .308 for cheap plinking and you're set.

Well, that's not tritium, but thankfully I no longer need to respond to bumps in the night with a. 22, so whatever. For $20 bucks I can learn the hard way whether or not I like fiber optic. Thanks!

Can anyone give their experienced opinion on a Mossberg flex 500 vs a regular 500?

which one? Going on my AR pistol, my only AR, In theory it is a home defense/shtf gun (read larping)
snakeriverarmory.net/RISE-ARMAMENT-RA-140-SST-DROP-IN-TRIGGER-AW-p/ra140-aw.htm
vs.
palmettostatearmory.com/geissele-super-semi-automatic-trigger.html

I should add I am worried about it being too light, should I be?

That's not a stupid question.
No, I've never seen any kind of sales for the 4th of July. What are you, retarded? Geesh.

Is there a resource out there that shows laws for transporting guns across state lines?
Like if I want to visit a friend a few states over and bring a couple guns with me?

If I’m a poorfag who’s going to get an AR and exclusively stockpile 55 grain m193 fmj rounds, would a 1:9 twist for a 16” barrel cause the rounds to yaw more than a 1:7 twist for the same barrel length?

Would an SBR'd Cx4 Storm be a good choice for home defense?

>in b4 defense against Cylons

Attached: gif funny yes.gif (300x182, 313K)

Never know when the toaster will attack.

You're welcome.

And, you know, .22 rimfires aren't the optimum choice for home defense for a number of reasons, from mediocre terminal ballistics to the inherent reliability problems with rimfire ammo, but they beat a sharp stick.

A few years back I read in one of Massad Ayoob's columns in Combat Handguns about roided-up home invader who chased a nine-year-old girl through the house, brandishing a knife, and kicked down her bedroom door, only to get ten rounds of .22 LR hollowpoints through his A-zone. He fell down like a puppet with its strings cut and when the paramedics got there he was deader than fried chicken. No charges were filed.

Keeping a cool head and being able to find the front sight in a hurry and press the trigger count for more than what caliber your gun is.

Hey, have any of you fags heard from Mikael or The Wiz? I heard they frequent this thread.

I really wanted to post this in the "6 personal secrets" thread, but the thread got delet, so I'm gonna post it here.

>1. I have often fantasized about eating the legs and ass meat of one of my ex-girlfriends. She was a volleyball player and had that stereotypical thicc volleyball player legs/ass, and I think she would taste delicious. These desires didn't start until after we broke up.

>2. Once I was driving and saw a guy perched on a bridge like he was going to jump to his death, but I didn't stop to try to help him, I just kept driving. I don't know if he died or not.

>3. When I was a kid, one of my brothers and I found a live frog and kept throwing it up in the air as high as we could and letting it land on the ground. The last time I picked it up, it puked this blood-looking substance on my hand, which horrified my brother, but I thought it was hilarious. I threw it in the pool.

>4. My twin brother and I sucked each other's dicks one time when we smoked weed in high school. To this day, we have never once talked about it. I came in his mouth and he spit it in a trash can. He came all over his own stomach/chest. That's been my only sexual experience with another male. I don't smoke weed anymore. No homo.

>5. My brother from (3) once spent weeks working on building this really intricate model airplane with our stepdad. They spent several hours a day together working on it, and I was jealous of all the attention and praise he was receiving from our stepdad. So one night I went out to the garage and knocked it on the floor, effectively smashing weeks of work to pieces. They never found out it was me. This is the only thing on this list I feel bad about.

>6. Shooting guns, and talking about guns here on Jow Forums, is one of the only things that makes me feel like I belong on Earth. You guys make me feel like there's a community that even someone like me can fit in. Thanks.

You're all the first ones to hear any of this by the way.

Zinky boys is pretty good for Soviet war in Afghanistan

What is peak fudd gun of each kind (lever, bolt, pump, semi, autoloader, revolver), currently have marlin 336, marlin xt-22, and mossberg 500

Attached: 48379106_1923348097712470_8825425917967859712_n.jpg (3024x4032, 797K)

The Hidden War by Artyom Borovik

Fake and gay

Leverguns are automatically fudd guns.

Bolt guns must be commercial, not of military pattern, nor caliber.

Pump shotguns must be in oddball calibers like 16 gauge, and have at least 32" barrels and plugged magazines, to be properly fuddish.

Slide-action rifles are a bit obscure and were never popular among the Fudd crowd. Does anyone make one now? Maybe the South American copies of American 19th Century designs? Does Remington still make the 742?

Fudds are only allowed semiauto .22s, and it must be a tube magazine design that's no longer in production, for which you must pore over Gunbroker for weeks if you need spare parts.

Revolvers must be single action, like a Colt or Schofield clone, or a Vaquero or Blackhawk, only in a caliber either too large or too small to have any practical use other than plinking or hunting--.32-20 or .22 LR, or .454 Casull and up. Preferably it should be an obscure caliber that's hard to find even online.

I've heard that bullpups have terrible triggers. Is this true and if it is can they be upgraded? I've always loved the AUG but between the price and all the shit I have heard about it I'm not sure. Should I go for it? Or is it just meme trash?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-12-23-01-16-53.png (650x654, 137K)

Usually bad because of how the triggers are designed. Some have upgradeable triggers like the tavor does and i suspect the MDR does or will as well. I dont know if the aug does, but i wouldnt suggest it as a end of the world tactical gun over something like a mid range ar, but as a fun gun, go for it. The cost being worth it is debatable, but it is neat

Its more important to know how to properly load them. Look up some tutorials on youtube

A fundamental challenge to overcome on bullpups is that they need a long linkage to reach from the trigger to the fire control group. This is where most of the "mushiness" is going to come from. Add into it that most were originally developed for military service and have a relatively heavy trigger, and you get a recipe for a shitty trigger pull.

I would imagine that someone who knew what they were doing could develop a crisper fire control group, and pair it with a stiffer trigger linkage (possibly a good application for CFRP) to get a pretty damned good trigger on a bullpup.

However I would imagine that the market is fairly limited, so companies aren't rushing to do this. It would also be fairly expensive.

Look up peaceable journey laws bro.

am i allowed to take my dads gun to the range if hes not there or do i need a written permission slip

It's because a good number of them go trigger > linkage > sear but there are a few (more complex) ones like the kel-tec RFB (may be renamed CJR - constantly jamming rifle) which go trigger > sear > linkage

Attached: 1_14_03_12_2_12_26 (1).jpg (822x207, 74K)

Thanks I already own an ar but yeah at $2k I'll probably pass.

Thanks bro I honestly had no idea why bullpup triggers got so much hate.

Should I buy an AK Yugo pistol for 600$ or a Beretta 92 for 260$? The Beretta is a 4 hour drive and the AK is only a half hour away. I need a handgun to pair with my HK93 and either would be nice.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act

>I need

No one has ever "needed" an AK pistol. It is a range toy. Get the Beretta.

I bought clips off of ebay and they're actual Izhmash made, not repros, which is to be expected since there's millions of the things.

Even then I don't think it really matters, so long as you listen to

SBR it, or get an "arm brace," and an AK pistol becomes very practical and useful.

Yeah the guy selling it has an arm brace already attached, also has a 75 round drum available for extra fiat currency.

How do I stop regretting getting into AR15s

>jams
>jams some more

get a better AR. you can build one from half-decent parts and it will be plenty reliable.

Good mags, good ammo, a good bolt carrier group, keeping the bolt carrier group clean, and proper lubrication go a long way to improve reliability in AR15s.

What conditions would have needed to be met in order for the Confederacy to have won the war?
More rifles? More manpower? Better ships? Foreign alliances? Perhaps better communication?

Attached: confederate-states-of-america-flag-painting.jpg (1411x1009, 712K)

direct intervention from god. the Confederacy had no chance of winning the Civil War unless you made so many changes that the end product no longer resembled the Confederacy in any way.

I got to shoot someone's legal full auto AR-15 at a range for a very brief time and it had some kind of red dot optic on it. Aimpoint shaped and very sharp high quality blue dot. I shot flawlessly with that optic and could keep rounds on target at 75 yards full auto.
Any idea what the brand/make could be for the red dot? I have to buy one

should I offer a guy to trade my p07duty 9mm for his glock21 gen 3. looking for a concealed carry.

As far as long guns go, it's probably something like Ruger 10/22 and Marlin model 60, then AR variants, and then probably levergats in 30-30.

Get a south american kit gun.

just get a 500

get a 1:12 or a 1:14 if you're serious about never shooting anything but 55 grain

no, 10mm or bust for cylons

Peak fudd levergat is a model 94 in 30-30.

Bolt gun is an ancient Remington BDL in a nearly obsolete caliber like 30-06 or 270 or in a dank fudd caliber like 7x57 or 257 Rob.

semi-auto is a 1911 in 45 AARP and a reproduction tommy gun

autoloader? as in shotgun? Model 1100 remington or benelli montefeltro.

Revolver is either a Super Blackhawk or a single action army repro.

Pump gun is an 870 with a nice stock.

Autoloading rifle is the BAR, not the military service one but the browning hunting one.

you're gonna need a permission slip explaining why you're truant from special needs school.

retard

>glock21
45 auto is gay as fuck

Flip the sides and have the confederacy be the side that's wealthy and contains most of the nation's manufacturing power. That's it.

So long as the bullet stabilizes, ifling twist has no measurable effect on yaw and very, very little on accuracy.

I wouldn't expect sub-MOA groups with a 1:7 barrel shooting benchrest grade handloads with 53gr match hollowpoints, but it's not like most batches of milsurp M193 are good for better than 2-2.5 MOA for ten shot groups anyway. There is too much variation in powder charges, jacket thickness, jacket concentricity, and even bullet weight. It's blasting ammo that's good enough to shoot minute of man to 400m or so, which is still further than most guys, even most infantrymen with "Expert Rifleman" badges, can reliably hit a man-sized target with irons anyway.

In your situation I would go with a 1:7 barrel. There are no downsides, and in the event that, during the Zombie Apocalypse, you run out of ammo and find a truckload of M855 formerly belonging to the National Guard, or a crate of Mk 262, you'll be able to make use of it.

in case anyone else has this question i fixed it! all i had to do was file down the slide lock spring a little but i dont think that was very necessary, just cleaning out the port for it Should be enough

Someone other than Lincoln and the Abolitionist fanatics making the decisions in Washington would have allowed for peaceful secession, or a brief show of force and then an armistice and peace negotiations.

Leftists in positions of power bleat about peace and anti-militarism, but always love "unconditional surrender" as a war objective and care not how many American lives they must expend to bring it about.