Handgun caliber

which caliber in a handgun is better a 9mm or a 45.acp

bonus question: what is your recommended handgun brand/model

Attached: Walther-PPQ.jpg (1024x768, 120K)

9mm

PPQ

9mm has come a very very long way in technological advancement. the 120~ ish grain versions in +p/+p+ are phenomenal and get .357 sig/magnum performance these days if you go with premium ammo,

Attached: TWT.jpg (3743x2103, 431K)

9mm

USP

Depends on the handgun...You should have both 9MM and .45ACP

9MM is the new .22lr, so use that for plinking with a pistol and carbine but then use .45ACP for hunting and defense.

44 special

Attached: the_original_origina.png (963x683, 900K)

9mm. Whatever gun fits your hand best. If you can’t decide, Glock 19 is the go to.

45 Glock

[spoiler].380 ACP[/spoiler]

kimber covert 2, 45. acp

Attached: 1526432804092.jpg (441x411, 26K)

Both 9mm and .45

Sig P22x series
Hk 2nd

Hi-Point JHP

.45 ACP

Attached: 8752-2.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg (700x559, 30K)

Glock 30 gen4
Federal HST

I can’t shake the feeling that 9mm has an over penetration problem that means lack of stopping power. Does Jow Forums agree, or is that just ammo related?

No, that's 100% ammo related.

Highly subjective and depends on the shooter. I wouldn't recommend the same gun to everyone.

9mm I feel is best for carry. Handgun calibers all have very similar wounding characteristics. 9mm offers the best capacity along with plenty of power. I use .45 ACP for innawoods fucking around. This is just because I love my USP .45. It's not the best choice. 10mm probably is.

I personally carry a vp9sk. I would probably suggest a Glock 19 for the average person, or an M&P 2.0 compact. Both are plenty concealable, still large enough to shoot well, and offer great capacity and have shitloads of aftermarket support. For a smaller option I'd suggest a g26. I carry the vp9sk because it fits my hand great, the trigger is fantastic, the sights are excellent, and despite its small size it shoots like a fullsize pistol both due to its heavy slight weight and well designed recoil spring. I also always carry with a pistol light, and a glock 26 can't mount a light with the standard frame. Downsides are its capacity to size ratio isn't the best, the mags cost more than twice as much as glock mags, and holster support is far worse than that of more common handguns. They exist, but you have way less options.

I've been looking at getting a first gun for concealed carry. I know this might get me shit, but I like the manual safety and external hammer/decocker. Is this an okay gun?

Attached: Capture.png (1087x891, 220K)

XDs are trash and the only people I have ever seen carry them are retards and minorities. The only redeeming quality of the gun is it has nothing to do with Springfield, they just import it and stamp their name on it.

>any 9mm reaching even decent .357 magnum
>ever

Retard. The hottest 9mm barely touches the shittiest .357

Sounds like P226, but a sub-compact would be easier to carry

For 525.00 you would be stupid as hell to buy that. You could get such a better gun

If he's even considering an XD, I don't think he can afford a p226.
Also this. Hopefully the guy is looking around online where you can find them under $400. At that price, it's a serviceable firearm, I guess.

>people still carry 9mm and .45 when .40 has totally eclipsed both
Basically anything in those cartridges.

Someone post the pic of .40 shooters drinking retard juice

I dunno, if I were going to get a polymer single stack sub compact nine, I'd go for a G43 with the 2 shot extension mag or the LC9 if you want to go U L T R A T H I N N

Is the EC9s okay for low cost options?

>14mm of case lenght doesn't matter.

10mm

So then what would you recommend for around $500 with a manual safety? I've gotten dozens of different recommendations and it is hard to tell who is right or who doesn't know what they are talking about.

>shooting expensive .40

I like the Ruger lc9. Personally I don't have a safety (I actually have a PPQ M2) qnd don't know that much. I'm not here to tell you what TO get,just to NOT get the XD, I've heard a lot of bad stuff on this board about them.

>most police/military use
>the recoil sensitive
>cheap practice
>larping
9mm
>civilian CCW
>woods use
>what is your recommended handgun brand/model
For 9mm there are mountains of excellent choices. For .45 id really learn towards the G30, S&W M&P45c, H&K 45c, or 1911 if you want to go steel frame and can take care of your firearms.
>the 120~ ish grain versions in +p/+p+ are phenomenal and get .357 sig/magnum performance these days if you go with premium ammo,
Bold faced lie.

Don't know the difference between the EC9 and the LC9. Either should be good

Spotted the black.

Attached: fuckbitchido.jpg (648x591, 128K)

10mm

Sig P229 or Glock 20

Attached: IMG_2883.jpg (911x1209, 129K)

Attached: 1519260558648.jpg (680x447, 26K)

9mm if you're using a short barrel. 10mm and 9x25 Dillon for everything else.

Attached: DSC05309.jpg (640x480, 23K)

10mm master race

Attached: 1544641625931.jpg (1600x1200, 557K)

>too lazy to post his own tired meme pics
typical 9mm user

It's great other than the finish. If you're going to get one and it won't get wet, it's fine. Wouldn't recommend carrying one while sweating/working if it's hot.

The TLR-6 was designed specifically for the 26 and 43.

>P220
>not using a Glock 40 with double the capacity and sexy long slide

Pathetic.

I just don't trust trigger guard mounted lights.

Fair enough.