Authentic nazi dagger

Moving into my new home today. As I was packing I found my great grandfathers war trophies from ww2. Found this dagger. Not trying to sell it just wandering how much it’s worth slash if it’s valuable or rare. Interesting find.

Attached: 927D9610-4559-4EDB-95BB-98ACEDE8E134.jpg (4032x3024, 3.34M)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS739US739&biw=1280&bih=610&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=UFseXN_hCsn4sgWKu4fQDQ&q=nazi bowie knife budk&oq=nazi bowie knife budk&gs_l=img.3...26503.27236..27537...0.0..0.60.280.5......0....1..gws-wiz-img.vYpf7hK2IUA
wwiidaggers.com/RADALL.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i'd give you like fifty bucks for it

*Neonazi dagger. Your gramps was 70s skinhead, that's not WW2

Hell maybe he was. He’s still alive I’ll ask him

Idk user I think it’s worth a bit more. He got it off a dead officer. Got his Luger aswell. But that’s with my grandma.

Pretty sure it’s legit . Did some teaser hit in the company GES. GESCH

Attached: 2F4D43FD-9831-4FCE-A98F-9606A6BF1A3C.jpg (1280x960, 259K)

It did in no way come from a dead officer. It's a RAD dress dagger. If it's real, it's likely worth around $1000 USD depending on condition and the maker. There are a few good forums about these german daggers if you want more info, or want to se if it's real or not.

google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS739US739&biw=1280&bih=610&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=UFseXN_hCsn4sgWKu4fQDQ&q=nazi bowie knife budk&oq=nazi bowie knife budk&gs_l=img.3...26503.27236..27537...0.0..0.60.280.5......0....1..gws-wiz-img.vYpf7hK2IUA

There ya go, will find it with that, I'm sure.
LARPing is in your genes. Never stood a chance.

Do you have a picture of the other side? The maker mark can tell you a lot about these. They were highly faked, even before the 40's ended.

I was speculating about the officer because he has a Luger and I thought that was strictly a officer thing. And I assumed he got both from the same soldier. But to be honest I don’t know. Where I looked 1000$ sounded about right aswell. Not that I’d ever sell something like this.

I won't admit I'm wrong.

Attached: 6D3706D7-64D6-4020-B0DF-E41F9C28EC93.jpg (4032x3024, 1.84M)

well, good for you. I guess you showed me. Enjoy your "officer's dagger'.

Sorry about the mess. Anons, currently moving

If that's the highlight of things ya own, good job.

Hi op here. Did not post that reply. Just some faggot larping as me. I could be wrong. I just know he got it off some nazi soldier. Along with a luger

Could be real, it has a good chance. But you'll have to take some more pictures and put them up on a real forum (these kinds of daggers have a big collector following).Guys there will be able to tell you for sure if it was made by the third riech.

Thanks for the advice user. Like I said I’m really not looking to sell. Just looking for like an appraisal of sorts.

No worries, go to war relic forums or german daggers.com for more info. I'm curious as well. I like these things.

Attached: heer dagger.jpg (640x480, 33K)

Brand name

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.57M)

The slogan

Attached: A0A9A537-DA43-461A-A809-1009B6695A54.jpg (4032x3024, 1.91M)

And some numbers on the sheath

Attached: 8161C71A-1597-45BC-9B42-8C7B1526E039.jpg (4032x3024, 2.39M)

As nazi memorabilia is widely collected it's widely fabricated.

There are many guides online to ID real VS. Fake daggers

Good quality fakes have decent market value though, many people forget that

Screen cap this sometime in the near future. Probably around Christmas. I’m going to visit my GRandma and get a picture with the KAR 98 and the Luger. I’ll post a time stamp with it.

Also for more proofs. My great grandpas still alive and like semi famous sense he started a large company in buffalo. So you can look up his military service records I’m pretty sure.

>There are many guides online to ID real VS. Fake daggers
>implying OP posted for answers

I’m fully aware that I can find it online. I posted this to see what Jow Forumsammandos think of it.

Getting an appraisal is smart, it may be worth an insurance policy if it has significant value.

I found this nazi sword for sale but I can't find any info on it on the internet really.

It doesn't have ruby eyes.
Hilt and scabbard appear to be authentic.
Blade has a serial number on it.
Above serial number is this circle with the word Soviet on it in not vodka runes.
What's the probability that the entire thing is authentic?
They said it's a ceremonial nazi sword.

Attached: 20181220_115320.jpg (2365x1330, 3.18M)

This is bait, right?

No, this is Jow Forums. It's not a /b/ trap thread.

There isn't a single thing that's authentic or even close to authentic on that. It's one of those tourist swords made in some Asian country where they throw words and symbols on things without knowing what they mean

Who’s they? The owners?

This.
It's a horrible mishmash of entirely different styles. It's the sword equivalent of putting lowrider spoke rims on a jacked-up 4x4 and then trying to sell it as a Ferrari because you saw each of those things in different car magazines but are too stupid to realize they have nothing to do with each other.

They being the pawn shop employees.
They're selling on behalf of the owner, some rich local resident.

Do you have links to authentic Nazi sword information? Degen (SS) on wikipedia doesn't have any good information.

Well if it’s legit, they should have some documentation of it or a trail on where they got it from. As for the dagger. I don’t know it’s legit ness because it was collected from my great grandpas war trophies. And never was for sale

Google translate says the slogan means “noble work” or something along those lines

Sounds like something nazis would shill

See Also, there are many very knowledgeable collectors on gotavapen.se, though IIRC it's a hassle to sign up for that forum, they're strict.

Bookwise:
Third Reich Daggers by J. A . Bowman is pretty much the bible. Also, Third Reich Dagger Reproductions by the same author. Daggers Sowrds and Bayonets of the Third Reich by Frederick J. Stephens is another good source.

You have soem strange fingers. Are you mixed and fat/small?

No white and medium 59” in the army so I have to pass weight and height standards

>That Swastika

>59"
You're fucking 4'11"?

No my apologies I’m autistic. I’m 69” still a Manlet but not as bad. God didn’t bless me with height

It pretty much means "only working for your goal let's you achieve greater or get's you promoted" in a short and interpretive way.

“Work sets you free” that’s nazi right. Either that or gulag

Nazi

those markings look legit. I'm not familiar first hand with this specific model of dagger, but the stampings look period correct. Font and spacing looks spot on, and it def. isn't some 70's pos neonazi larp shit. Like others said, get on a ww2 collector's board for better knowledge, they can tell you more about value. $1000.00 is probably roughly in the right ball park. I'd bring the most at an auction, but then the auction house is gonna take a consignment fee, so 6 of one... SS stuff always brings the most money. See if you can find a death's head ring

Thanks user! You seem to know your shit.

Jesus tittyfucking christ do any of you retarded fucks know how to Google? Is typing words into a search engine beyond your capability?

quanonline.com/military/military_reference/german/blades/rad/radhist.php

Imagine getting mad at words on a screen

On the Luger: No, these were also used by other ranks, like machinegunners. And by police, both civilian and military.

Officers had to buy their own pistols until the 40's when they were issued gats some of the faggots carried 25s, 32s, captured shit that used 9mm like the P-35, Luger was a general issue item until replace by the P-38

So called RAD Haumesser or Hauer for Unterführer/ NCO. The grip is made from an antler mostly deer. Normal silvered steel blade. Single sided etched slogan. Worth around 800-1000$
Good find.

Attached: DT0_3654.jpg (3306x2822, 2.16M)

damn that's redpilled as fuck

Attached: rare hitler tip.jpg (421x416, 17K)

Hmm never knew that. Learn something new every day. I’d have to ask him how he got the luger. But he’s 100 so idk how reliable his memory is.

I am truly blessed. Thanks based Hitler.

It's German but daggers are something completely different than work camps

Thanks user. I was thinking of getting it restored. Like removing that rust/grime or whatever. Is that a good move or should it stay 100% stock as found.

I don’t know user both kill

There was a pattern though. Officers in office jobs like administration went for the small caliber light weight crap because they had to wear them every day. Field officers went for the 9mm's. How many actually were issued Lugers is an open question as there were hardly anyone left on the shelves by the time WW2 started for real. For instance we know that Luftwaffe issued a lot of Hungarian pistols and that Heer bought a considerable amount of Spanish pistols; some were not delivered before the war was over. And then there are at least 18 official captured pistols models that were reissued. Including the M1911.

Tough call. On one hand any worn and dirty object looks prettier when restored to a shiny state. One the other; any WW2 object that is all shiny is automatically assumed to be a replica these days. I'd probably keep it as it is but I like relics anyway.

RAD, Reichsarbeitsdienst, is an interesting part of the 3rd Reich. Every able male was called in there at the age 16 and served six months of enthusiastic training in the use of a shovel. It also served as a pre-bootcamp with physical training, military order and even the equivalent of rifle carring, only with a shovel. While this system continued throughout the war the RAD also got responsibility for building fortifications and various roles in the enormous supply system. There were armed roles like guards and such but as the war kept grinding a lot of less than stellar personnel was shifted into RAD service. They didn't run prisoner camps though; this was work for which an entirely different kind of soldier was selected.

That’s pretty fucking cool user. I’m probably not going to restore it because I’m not going to sell it. I’m going to try and post the rest of his war trophies soon (Christmas the latest) they are just all with my grandma.

That is great OP. I have a request for you though. Time moves so quickly and so much interesting history is lost all the time. Could you please sit down with your great grandfather and get him to tell the story of how he got all these items, to the best of his recollection. The ideal would be him writing it down himself but it is also good if you just type down the story. I truly don't care about the monetary value of those items, but they would be worth a lot more in several ways if their story was stored with them on way or another. I own a considerable volume of old items but I know the past of only a precious few of those who have been passed down from relatives.

Yea. I never would consider selling these things. Regardless of financial standing. Imma just keep passing them down. I’ll have to get him to talk about how he got these. He’s a pretty cool dude.

wwiidaggers.com/RADALL.htm

>that post on the internet is someone live action roleplaying as me

I’m not that interesting. Why would any one larp as me.

The luger is engraved p.sheubert

And the knife was also from this mr p.shuerbert

This is exceptional. I have very rarely seen anything of value from WW2 with a name engraved. Can you get a picture of this detail?

I’m on leave and the luger is with my gma I’m seeing her Christmas and I’ll post the luger then. Wish I had it here but I don’t.

If you choose your auction site well, that could fetch maybe £250 ($400) +/

... forget e-bay though, they dont allow nazi memorabilia

>I was thinking of getting it restored. Like removing that rust/grime or whatever.
I would not recommend it. You could clean the rust spots on the blade. The rest like the hanger should stay it it is.
If you take a close look, you can see that the silvering is already gone on the rusty spots. Also be very careful with the "Arbeit adelt" etching and dont clean it at all. Many daggers have been polished and the etched slogan had to be repainted.

Attached: DT0_2985.jpg (3547x3305, 1.27M)

I think you might be the "retarded fuck" considering op's original question was what's the value? The page you linked makes no reference to value whatsoever. It doesnt even reference manufacturing amounts or the specific maker of his dagger. You've contributed nothing, other than static. All of us in this thread are now dumber for having read your post. "Use google" is your sage advice?? I award you no points, and my god have mercy on your soul...

I agree with previous anons. Take it from an antique dealer. Restoration always goes one of two ways; don't do it at all, or a little goes a loooong way. You could maybe spot clean it here and there for the heavy stuff, but if you completely clean away all the patina, provenance starts to get questioned. Kinda depends what type of item is in question, but for something like a dagger like this, a dealer or serious collector will still know the difference, but it's generally frowned upon to over clean. A spot of rust vs pitting pocks isn't gonna make any real difference, financially speaking. Don't polish it or sharpen it with any kind of machine. Water and dish soap to start. Old t-shirt or tooth brush and a little at a time. Nothing too aggressive in terms of polish. Avoid the stag. No buffer or grinder of any kind. If you sharpen it, do it slowly by hand with a proper set of stones, don't use one of those stupid fucking electric kitchen knife sharpeners. Try to avoid the etching on the blade as much as possible cause you can wipe it out easier than you think, like someone already said. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, don't even attempt it.

I’m not gunna attempt it