How come the guys who found saddam didn't become famous?

how come the guys who found saddam didn't become famous?

also who are some people who did shit but didn't become famous.

also who were the guys who found him was it delta or was it just some regular guys?

Attached: methode_times_prodmigration_web_bin_d4790c35-1acc-3229-b090-5e99a0f699c0.jpg (685x456, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

riverfronttimes.com/stlouis/i-punched-saddam-in-the-mouth/Content?oid=2483821
gettyimages.fr/detail/photo-d'actualité/iraqi-expatriot-samir-and-muhammed-each-of-whom-goes-photo-dactualité/52077671
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it was a shit war fought for shit reasons in a shit country and as a nation we all really just want to forget that it ever happened.

Sorry, but that's the truth.

Isn't that how boomers felt about Vietnam?

They were conventional army infantry, not fancy SOF, so no bookdeals.

Also, Islamic democracies are hellholes and show that Islamic countries need brutal dictators to run because those dictators understand that their subjects are literal animals.

The difference is that Vietnam was a noble cause involving stemming the tide of communism that was undermined by the 60s incarnation of the Deep State. Iraq was fought for no reason other than neocon desire to spill American blood and spend American treasure to protect Israel, and the Deep State was all for it.

Hot take: Saddam did nothing wrong

He kept the middle east in line. Everything went to shit when we ran him out.

not just that he did what the CIA asked him to do he was a good american supporter so was ghadaffi they all did what america told them to do. USA attacked them

>Vietnam was a noble cause

I bet you say shit like “technically we didn’t lose”

> The forces cleared the two objectives but initially did not find the target. Then, as the operators were finishing and the helicopters called in to extract them, one assaulter kicked a piece of flooring to one side, exposing a spider hole; he prepared to throw a fragmentation grenade into it - in case it led to an insurgent tunnel system, when suddenly Hussein appeared. The Delta operator struck him with the stock of his M4 Carbine and disarmed him of a Glock 18C.

> Hussein surrendered and offered no real resistance; he was exfiltrated by a MH-6 Little Bird from the 160th SOAR and was taken into custody at Baghdad International Airport. Along with the Glock, an AK-47 and $750,000 in US bank notes were recovered from the spider hole.

Saddam was a Glawkfag. I'm kinda disappointed.

>I bet you say shit like “technically we didn’t lose”
Oh, no, we lost. The only thing that kept it to just a regional loss instead of a geopolitical disaster was Nixon's rapprochement with China - basically talking Mao out of backing any further communist expansion in Asia beyond Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia in exchange for reestablishing diplomatic ties and opening trade. It was a good deal and the best outcome we could have hoped for by then, and of course the Deep State hated Nixon for it and a couple years later hounded him from office in disgrace.

Why do people post the stupid PERSEC/OPSEC/DERPSEC/FUCKSTICK version with Samir's face blurred?
It's fucking dumb, just like those leftovers from militaryphotos who add black bars to everything they post on Reddit...

riverfronttimes.com/stlouis/i-punched-saddam-in-the-mouth/Content?oid=2483821
gettyimages.fr/detail/photo-d'actualité/iraqi-expatriot-samir-and-muhammed-each-of-whom-goes-photo-dactualité/52077671

Attached: SaddamSpiderHole.jpg (640x480, 128K)

I always wondered this too.

>Was actually 1 million when found
>Everyone got a few dollars

Actually believing the deep state nonsense and the domino theory.

>$5 million? What 2 million? We didn't find $1 million. Saddam was trying to flee with $750,000 in cash.

Saddam cannot keep.

Attached: three_kings_704_0.jpg (704x396, 63K)

>also who are some people who did shit but didn't become famous.

Bob Denard. A rogue merc that attempted to assassinate the leader of the frogs and then four separate coups in Comoros.

Attached: 94962_v1.jpg (308x215, 40K)

>Actually not believing that Joe McCarthy was 100% right, and if anything actually underestimate the problem.
Back to NPR with you.

The real story: Saddam was not 'found', he was sold to the US forces by the militia that had caught him when he tried to leave. The Glock he had had no ammo in it. Do you REALLY believe that the despot was hiding in a hole alone and unarmed until he was 'found'?

When they started not doing what the us asked them to