When do you think we will finally have lethal laser rifles?

when do you think we will finally have lethal laser rifles?

>tfw not born in an age of laser rifles

Attached: Laser.jpg (276x183, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sW5HObAa09M
youtube.com/watch?v=9gDfdp1D2Rw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Please describe the scifi noise the laser rifles create in your head to make them seem so comfy. In great detail, thank you.

my 10w makes a cool high pitched noise when burning into wood.

kina like a pew...but peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

I always thought 40K had it right, no moving parts, no sound from the laser itself, just the sizzling of superheated air and flesh.

it would prob make a low pitched humming noise during firing from the power suppliers or whatever is generating the high power needed during ignition. kinda like a transformer makes, but not very loud.

In reality a weapons grade laser would sound like a fuck huge taser, as the air is vaporized by the beams.

Like the crack of a bullwhip, but even snappier and a bit metallic

If the laser is strong enough to ionize the air it will make noises. Aren't 40k laser portrayed as bright visible beams?

youtube.com/watch?v=sW5HObAa09M
youtube.com/watch?v=9gDfdp1D2Rw

China has already developed advanced concentrated lethal laser rifles

They say mosquitoes invented the bug zapper too.

First there has to be a reason for them. Babylon 5 came up with one - that the energy weapons they have are specifically calibrated to be powerful enough to kill humanoids but not powerful enough to pierce the hull of a ship, unlike a bullet, which might very well go through it and cause a hull breach, Fair enough. But unless you've got a starship you need security on, there's really no practical reason not to stick with bullets.

That becomes pointless when the amount of energy you would need to dump into a humanoid to kill or maim is plenty enough to vaporize all known materials...

*Ionised.

You will get a pew pew sound if the LASER is pulsed at a high enough frequency.

To be fair, Bab 5’s weapons weren’t exactly lasers. I believe they were ion guns; as I recall they even made a point of saying that they left an ozone smell in the air after they were fired.

This, plus a quiet sort of thrum as the power supply dumps who knows how much energy into the gain medium.

I always liked the E11 sound but I know it wouldn't happen

This is a thread about lasers not blasters, sir.

Never, electronics are too unreliable and too expensive to operate out of anything except perhaps a ship or satellite.

Mark my words in 1000 years people will still be killing each other with good ol fashion lead whether it be from a robot, soldier or gang banger.

Any suitably energy-dense means of powering a laser rifle would be carted off and turned into a bomb. Man-portable laser rifles won't exist unless a serious need arises.

>unless a serious need arises
Like looking fucking cool?

Attached: 21 best images about Cat lasers on Pinterest _ Posts, Pew ___.jpg (562x422, 51K)

Would it be possible, say we do get particle beams to actually work, that said sound of their use, considering they are going to be in the high giga-tera watt range, are going to sound like a thunderclap?

Words marked

China already has laser rifles.