I went shooting for the 2nd time today. How did i do?

I went shooting for the 2nd time today. How did i do?

Attached: IMG_20181222_122219__01.jpg (3681x3456, 2.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s
youtube.com/watch?v=DV_WTsF_7kM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shit, but its a learning process

>10yds
>.45LC
>77% in 3"
With what and what stance?

What this user said. Do not be disheartened, for with each round of practice your aim will become truer and your heart stouter.
Godspeed, Jow Forumsommandos.

Hmm that’s funny. Seems as if you’re a noobie, but you say you’re shooting .45 long colt. That’s really weird, cuz we almost universally tell noobs to get a Glock 19 for their first handgun, and those are chambered in 9mm. Idk, maybe you should listen to us next time, and buy some foolproof Kraut space magic instead of thinking you’re John Wayne

Pretty good man, keep practicing. What gun where you shooting?

Better than my 2nd time. Also what gun?

An uberti schofield.
Weaver
But glocks are ugly. Why would I buy a gun thats ugly.

pulling to the left, work on your trigger pull. You might be anticipating recoil as well. Get some snap caps or make some with spent brass and load one or two in the cylinder next time you shoot. When you hit the snap cap you'll know whether you have a flinch or not and can work on it. However that would be a dead nigga at 10yds so it's definitely proficient shooting. 6.5/10

For the second time? You did pretty darn good, man. Congrats, I've known a lot of people who have been shooting a lot longer who can't get those groups

That's a pretty wide shot pattern, better get a choke for that. Odd that I don't see the wad anywhere.

>Weaver
You're new, so there's still time for you to learn isosceles without having to deal with training scars. If you want to be good, do so asap.

looks like you're squeezing the grip as you fire (assuming you're a rightie)

Get some snap caps and work on developing a trigger pull that doesn't move your irons.

Dont listen to that other user, blade stances are a lot better for shooting. You arent wearing armor.

Does it make you feel good to give bad advice? Isosceles is used in modern shooting because of superior transitioning and recoil management. It being also better with armour is merely incidental.

That's really good. Notice how everyone telling you you're shit didn't post their groups? You're definitely pulling right though. Dry fire with snap caps to work on a clean and consistent trigger pull. You can also mix some snap caps into your ammo next time you go to the range to make sure you aren't flinching with live rounds.

Any competition shooter worth his salt shoots isosceles. Even Jerry Miculek straight up shits on weaver.

youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s

>explains why isosceles is the way to go and why weaver sucks in great detail at 3:33 - 6:54
>"so if I was gonna shoot a weaver stance, which we all did back in the day when we didn't know anything" - direct quote from 4:14

What about Chapman?

Attached: 058746f2d8a788032d5fa20ae28fa475[1].jpg (662x770, 64K)

Well guess what. I'm not a competition shooter. Bladed is a more naturally comfortable. Recoil management is easier for me. I'm cross dom as fuck and having to hold a pistol off-center to get a good sight picture is awkward.

Retards keep thinking that competition and military are somehow more correct for everything, including Joe Schmoe putting bullet down the local range. Whats best is what they are most comfortable doing. Eat a bag of dicks. You're as bad as Karl.

pretty good

Weaver works fine for some people user

It literally shows on the target how you did.

lel you're a funny guy

>Retards keep thinking that competition and military are somehow more correct for everything, including Joe Schmoe putting bullet down the local range. Whats best is what they are most comfortable doing. Eat a bag of dicks. You're as bad as Karl.
OPie begs PPL to tell him he's shooting well when he's shooting like a Fag. Anons tell him the truth, Opie invents "Reasons" to excuse his shit shooting, says US Military does not train PPL like he wants/makes the US Military the scape-goat for his shit performance.
Opie will NEVER improve, will always be a S-oy and continue to blame others for his entire life.

Attached: fundapistol1602[1].jpg (600x1189, 137K)

He's right, you know.

Man your reading comprehension is pretty bad... Also, do you think that response was OP?

Is this a baitposter or just a giant faggot

>Well guess what. I'm not a competition shooter.
Then what kind of shooter are you? Jerry also explains why isosceles is superior for self defense, at 5:24.

If you are not shooting competitively or to defend yourself then you are just plinking for fun, in which case the stance doesn't matter, you might as well shoot with your feet while doing a hand stand. That is fine, but stop recommending this to shooters as if it's superior for any practical application.

>Bladed is a more naturally comfortable.
It is not, as explained in the video. Do you always stand with one of your legs forward and canted head?

>Recoil management is easier for me.
Yes, it is easier for you because you are used to this inferior stance and refuse to learn how to shoot with an objectively better one.

>I'm cross dom as fuck and having to hold a pistol off-center to get a good sight picture is awkward.
This is not the only way and not even the recommended way to shoot a handguns as a what you do as a cross-dominant shooter. Watch this:

>Retards keep thinking that competition and military are somehow more correct for everything, including Joe Schmoe putting bullet down the local range. Whats best is what they are most comfortable doing. Eat a bag of dicks. You're as bad as Karl.
You are investing your ego into an objectively inferior stance simply because that's what you learned first. You are not interested in getting better or helping OP become a better shooter, you only seek to appear right and be validated. Sad.

>Well guess what. I'm not a competition shooter.
Then what kind of shooter are you? Jerry also explains why isosceles is superior for self defense, at 5:24.

If you are not shooting competitively or to defend yourself then you are just plinking for fun, in which case the stance doesn't matter, you might as well shoot with your feet while doing a hand stand. That is fine, but stop recommending this to shooters as if it's superior for any practical application.

>Bladed is a more naturally comfortable.
It is not, as explained in the video. Do you always stand with one of your legs forward and canted head?

>Recoil management is easier for me.
Yes, it is easier for you because you are used to this inferior stance and refuse to learn how to shoot with an objectively better one.

>I'm cross dom as fuck and having to hold a pistol off-center to get a good sight picture is awkward.
This is not the only way and not even the recommended way to shoot a handgun as a cross-dominant shooter. Watch this:

You are investing your ego into an objectively inferior stance simply because that's what you learned first. You are not interested in getting better or helping OP become a better shooter, you only seek to appear right and be validated. Sad.

>Also, do you think that response was OP?
So your saying there's two fags in this thread? Astounding!

Do what makes you feel comfortable OP

insulting the people you are trying to "help" isn't a very good way to get people to listen to you.

I didn't say anything about any of that. Did you respond to the right post?

Attached: Taxi Driver.gif (500x315, 992K)

Not that nigger but go back to fucking reddit you cry baby.

>insulting the people you are trying to "help"
You'll never make it through Boot Camp, or any other Male oriented endeavor

stay mad

Tell your Mammy your feel-feels are owwie

>Implying I won't fight strangers on a Mongolian basket weaving forum when they were replying to another user.
Hey, fuck you big boy. I don't give a shit let's go motherfucker!

Attached: 2c41a2ea63bbd9cc100ff09115fc0302f38f99894d5b10f21af5caf38cb1da15_1.jpg (320x353, 34K)

>implying the isosceles stance wasn't created as a lowest-common-denominator method to make it easier for military and police instructors to train classes full of 86 pound women who'd never seen a gun before except on TV and get them to a point where they could probably be left alone for five minutes in a room with a gun and not shoot themselves in the foot
>implying the Weaver Stance isn't decisively superior for the man who learns to use it and establishes muscle memory
>implying this hasn't been established by decades of competition

>tfw you can't stop shooting down and to the left

Attached: 1439827557005.jpg (1935x1089, 651K)

what's it like living life so negative and angry all the time? Is this why you buy guns, because it's the only way to express your impotent rage?

Dry fire moar.

I do find it a little odd that you're shooting an old timey single action revolver and not using the one-handed duellist point stance that they were designed for, which is still used in bullseye shooting.

Attached: duellist_pointing_stance.jpg (273x205, 10K)

>implying this hasn't been established by decades of competition
The opposite was established by decades of competition, see

>Is this why you buy guns, because it's the only way to express your impotent rage?
Leftist S-oy Snowflake spotted.
Do you realize that there are women, heck, GIRLS w/bigger balls than you?

Attached: 161210-M-DU612-049[1].jpg (419x305, 31K)

OP here. I tried that, but my accuracy was worse, so i moved to a two handed stance because it felt better and i was getting more shots on target.

stay triggered Jow Forums. keep ranting about onions and the left

>Dry fire moar.
But dry firing will only reenforce his shit marksmanship.
He's focusing on the rear sight instead of the front sight, (shit sight because it's a pinch-frame SAA) also he's squeezing the grip and shooting cross-eyed and worst of all he's a mommy's boy who thinks throwing a fit will get PPL to agree with him

No I did not, meant to quote the other responder. Fugggg...

>Telling me what I find more comfortable or easier to manage recoil with
Okay...

I tried both when I was first starting. Bladed was much more comfortable. And it may have been more familiar too, I did Ishinryu as a kid and sparred often.

And baseless character attack is weak. It's super common, every retard I come across says something to the effect of "Well law enforcement does it, it must be good for everyone". And that's why people carry duty-sized .40s everywhere. Isoceles was originally supported due to body armor. Competition shooters might say it's better, but rub two brain cells together and say "for who?".

Do whatever is comfortable for you. Try everything, make quickly judgements because it doesn't matter and you should spend as much time as possible enjoying shooting instead of seeking out that fucking 5%. If Jerry could shoot as well as he could doing bladed for as long as he did, it DOESNT MATTER.

I'm out. Dinner time.

I think you might be confusing multiple different posters.

>t's super common, every retard I come across says something to the effect of "Well law enforcement does it, it must be good for everyone". And that's why people carry duty-sized .40s everywhere.

>comparing the decisions of law enforcement agencies to the advice of one of if not the best shooter in the world
k

>Competition shooters might say it's better, but rub two brain cells together and say "for who?".

>Jerry also explains why isosceles is superior for self defense, at 5:24.
>If you are not shooting competitively or to defend yourself then you are just plinking for fun, in which case the stance doesn't matter, you might as well shoot with your feet while doing a hand stand. That is fine, but stop recommending this to shooters as if it's superior for any practical application.
Do whatever you want dude, the onyl thing I take issue with is >blade stances are a lot better for shooting. You arent wearing armor.
Because it's bullshit.

>"armour"
You people aren't allowed to have guns, the fuck do you know about shooting stances?

Wasn't referring to op. Was referring to me the cat poster.

Attached: laughing_frog_meme.jpg (600x579, 108K)

No, it will improve his trigger pull. If he doesn't have that down the rest of his technique is useless.

That's the correct spelling, you knobhead.

Attached: 2016-01-17 11.28.41.jpg (3264x2448, 2.17M)