Glock Group Therapy

Does anyone else find they shoot left with Glocks, but no other handgun? I have no problem keeping rounds hitting POA with my P320, 1911, and USP, but for the life of me I can’t get rounds to impact center or even cross the center line mistakenly. What do?

Pic related is at 10 yards from both slow and medium fire (1 round/second). No matter what I do they’re always 1-2” left

Attached: 398194E6-651F-430E-999C-B7CD5C50A3D9.jpg (2048x1536, 563K)

Fixed

Attached: 86360664-963E-47CC-BA35-BCCBCC2CE266.jpg (1536x2048, 563K)

Good enough for handgat tbqhwyfamalam.

Attached: WP_20181222_002[1].jpg (3072x1728, 2.06M)

>it's you
fix your grip and stance

Gluck sights are shit designed for panic shooting at close range w/semi-trained rear ecsalon personal. I have slides w/civilian sights that do far better because they are a bit taller/thinner

Nah I shoot fine with mine. Might just be the trigger. I’m sure the guns you mentioned have veetter triggers
Then a stock glock

Attached: 71730033-2EF6-4A5E-90E0-4D761F8AAADF.jpg (1782x850, 1.1M)

I saw someone (might have been you) post about this a while back.

If your other guns are shooting straight then it probably isnt your stance, but maybe it is your grip or the way you pull the trigger with the glock. Try taking a vise out and clamping it down for a few shots.

If it IS your gun and not you, then check your sights are not crooked. Other than that maybe check your barrwl crown?

What sights do you have? I was terrible with stock, switched to metal sights with one dot rear and I have no issues hitting man sized targets reliably at 50 yards.
Fellow /backyardrange/ buddy?

I wish. It’s my gun club but one hell of a gun club at that. Right now they are building bunkers that you can go in and shoot at automated pop up targets in other bunkers down range that will record your hits.

Attached: 4E145EB1-6F3C-4689-9480-09D605B055FC.jpg (3024x4032, 1.94M)

This. Any other answer is wrong. More power on your weapon hand, less on the support hand. Problem solved.

I shot this at 25 yards with a Glock 20, mag dump. It was a while ago though

Attached: DSCF7640.jpg (2048x1536, 807K)

Its you. Glock triggers are different. Its like manual vs automatic if you learned on a manual/glock transition over to auto is easy. If its auto to manual you almost have to relearn how to drive since only half the techniques apply.
What it is is you overcompensating for the break in the triggerpull. Instead of a smooth straightback motion you jerk the gun after the break cause the triggers resistance is gone.
Stop shooting other guns focus on learning to shoot glock. Glock specific techniques wont harm your shooting. If anything it will improve it and you will stop being a trigger snob.

If this is the case stop wasting time shooting the glock and sell it.
There's no reason to bother with it if you shoot other reliable and durable guns, which you already own, better.
>inb4 twisted glock panties

This desu. There's no point in forcing yourself to stick with a platform you can't shoot well.
It IS a training issue though, so if you choose to work through it you'll be that much better off.

Oddly enough, I shoot left with everything but my Glocks.

Glocks, I have a tendency to shoot low. Flat face triggers really do wonders for my groups.

Glocks are dogshit faglaunchers for gay neckbeard virgin poorfags. Niggers btfo

Attached: 1492403517154.png (602x574, 1015K)

It's that stupidly shaped trigger with the hump down the middle. Swap it for one with a flat face shoe.

Push the sight over

I don't have this problem with a Glock at all, but do with literally every other handgun on the planet. Guess I'm just a born Glockfag

Not, OP but it's been the other way around for me. First semi auto that fell into my hands that I could shoot well was my pops Glock 21, I must have been 14 when I shot it. Then I bought me a 26 for carry. Then bought a 19 recently. I can shoot Glocks like a champ. One ragged hole, never low or to the left.

Then I bought a Beretta 92fs... I couldn't shoot it for shit. Bought a USP expert and I did reasonably well, but still no match for the Glock 19. Bought a USP Compact but still, couldn't shoot it as well as the G19.

I really wanted to like all those other handguns I bought, but I keep coming back to the G19. It just fits my hand perfectly. It also points naturally for me. Which sucks because I prefer guns with safeties and Glocks don't do that. Will look into an M&P Compact, but I'm starting to accept Glock just might be my best shooter. Which makes me feel like a retard because I sold it to finance buying other guns.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Heil'd

>Who are you quoting

Negative.

Huh. maybe adjust your sights

From a practical standpoint he's not wrong, that kind of grouping is more than acceptable for what a handgun is meant to do. If you're talking competition, that's another story.

utilize a bench vice and check whether the sight alignment is off, or it's a shooter error. then fix the sights or your technique.

I agree, but im a huge perfectionist with pistols. Its sad I can post better groups with pistols than rifles.

I did similar till I got really bored of glocks and bought a Beretta, never looked back since there’s nothing the compares to that smoothness.

I also don’t feel like dumping money into my Glock to make it fun, no point since I have other handguns much more deserving of my time

Attached: 1528743354116.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Hey Opie, are you a righty or a lefty? Assuming you're a righty, try increasing the grip pressure with your left hand until you're squeezing the hell out of it like a vice. That's literally the only thing your support hand is supposed to do...apply pressure. Don't do what said since he's got it backward. Your strong hand needs to be firm, but relaxed enough to work the trigger smoothly. Also, ensure your wrists and forearms are firm.
Folks just starting out with Glocks have a big tendency to push shots towards their weak side, even if they aren't flinching. The grip angle and trigger feel are very different than what most folks are accustomed to. Some really good Glock shooters (Dave Sevigny for example) counteract the tendency of the muzzle to move by pressing their support hand thumb into the frame. Also, experiment with trigger finger placement. You might find that you need to rotate your grip around the gun more or less to allow you to pull the trigger without creating movement in the sights. Confirm this with dryfire. If you had adjustable backstraps on the gun, I'd have recommended experimenting with different sizes, too.

I’m right handed left eye dominant and I always shoot Glock a little left. I carry a P01 which I shoot perfectly center double and single action. Most other guns I rent I shoot dead center. I have a feeling it’s my finger position on the trigger, but I’ve noticed if I use more of a death grip on the support hand I get center shots more often with Glocks. Again this isn’t a problem with any other handgun, so maybe it is characteristic of the Glock design and the trigger shape, weight, and pull is conducive to pushing left when you break the shot. I

That's some gorgeous land you're shooting on.

I’ll try increasing the support hand pressure and make sure my wrists and firearms are firm. Appreciate it